10) Oak Ridge

11) Chaffee

12) Kelly

13) Bell City

14) Woodland

15) Delta

16) Meadow Heights

I do not think these are correct but I predict that's how seeds will go

and I see Charleston over Leopold for 1st, SCC over Advance for 3rd and Oran over Jackson for 5th

Replies

Good job 'nerd. I would switch Cape and SCC. Cape has too much athleticism and size for SCC to get seeded over them.

Your 13, 14, 15, 16 is a little off if it even matters.

Woodland won consolation in their tournament so I'd have them at a 13 maybe a 12.

Meadow Heights has done beat Delta so they'll get seeded over them.

Bell City has a tough schedule ahead of them until the tournament and I don't see them winning a game leading up to it. This might allow Meadow Heights to get seeded over them since they already have a win.

Then finally, I'd have Delta rounding out the field.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 10:34 PM

Charleston's to lose!!

-- Posted by Product 19 on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 10:56 PM

well cape had two more guys quit so it's Jamal cox and then who knows, but after watching Kelly n bell city I think they are much better than the ones below them, I didn't know delta played meadow heights already so yes your correct about that.

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 11:24 PM

I could be making this up but I swear I heard somewhere that Delta was barely able to even field a basketball team this year.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 11:26 PM

and I'll throw in.. I don't think charleston plays anyone in this that gets within 15 of them, the field 2-5 is down, 6,7,8 are pretty strong, 9 on is about how they normally are

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 11:26 PM

I've heard the same sideline

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 11:26 PM

I agree with you sportsnerd that no one is going to play Charleston close this year. I'm not sure how I would seed the thing yet but Leopold is definitely my darkhorse for Champion (Non-Charleston division). A Leopold-Jackson game would be especially interesting.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 11:28 PM

No one will give Charleston a game in this tourney this year. The real action is going to be at the Bloomfield Christmas tourney this year. Leopold, Jackson, ND, or SCC will prolly make it to the championship game, only to loose by 30 points to the Bluejays.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 11:34 PM

my predictions are sure to be off this year, I won the contest last year without missing a game so Leopold I probably jinxed your chances

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 11:35 PM

The problem with the PB Tournament is that PB is the only local team still in it. Tough to get invested in a bunch of good, out of area teams you know nothing about if they aren't playing someone local.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 11:44 PM

Cape had two more guys today!? Seriously!?

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 12:18 AM

Like I said, the real action is going to be at the Bloomfield X-Mas Tourney this year. Kennett, Portageville, Bernie, Hayti, South Pemiscot, Doniphan, and Holcomb are all in it. Add in Dexter with some injured starters back, plus some wild card teams like Van Buren (4-0 to start the season), Malden, and Saxony Lutheran, and you have the makings of a truly exciting tournament!

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 12:41 AM

I agree with Preacher Man Fan.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 1:01 AM

Leopold, Oran or Advance have a legit shot to get to the final as a No. 6 or No. 7 seed?

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 1:03 AM

Charleston over Jackson for 1st.

ND over Cape for 3rd.

Oran (bold predicition) over Advance (Leopold never seems to adjust from playing at Leopold to the Show Me Center) for fifth.

Scott City over Oak Ridge for consolation.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 1:39 AM

This years Bloomfield tourney is going to be really fun. Yes the Poplar Bluff tourney will without question field the most talent with several D1 bound players. however most fans outside of Bluff will be camped out in the cozy confines of the Horseshoe. As an avid fan, i've always wished the Bluff tourney would either be a week before or a week after the Bloomfield tourney. That way i could get my fill of holiday hoops.

-- Posted by hoopaholiczanon on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 1:54 AM

does anyone have the dates yet for the Bloomfield Tournament?

-- Posted by hoopaholiczanon on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 1:56 AM

I agree with hoopaholiczanon

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 5:56 PM

Delta played with five players at the Woodland Tournament.

I'll have the official seeds for the Christmas Tournament on Sunday. So excited!

-- Posted by Rachel Crader (Moderator) on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 6:00 PM

Bloomfield Tourney is set for Dec 26, 27, 28 and 29.

-- Posted by bball79 on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 11:20 PM

Chaffee is 4-1 and Scott city is 2-2.. Chaffee has woodland Friday and Scott city has Oran, if Scott city wins I think they'll be the 9 but if they lose will Chaffee jump up to 9 or will Scott city hold on despite being 2-3 with a tough schedule? and I'm assuming oak ridge will be begun Scott city bc of head to head matchup

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 11:51 PM

Scott City will be the 8 if they win. I doubt that happens but it could. If Chaffee had any quality wins then maybe. That loss to Malden hurt them severly.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Wed, Dec 5, 2012, at 12:17 AM

good point, forgot Oran has cemented the 8 pretty much

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Wed, Dec 5, 2012, at 7:02 AM

There are two dark horses in this tournament one being leopold and the other is advance. They lost to scc by 4 in the oran tournament and they have them at home on monday night. Charleston is going to probably win and I hope that leopold or advance gives them a good game for the championship.

-- Posted by Stinger Fan 12 on Wed, Dec 5, 2012, at 1:23 PM

My predictions:

1. Charleston

2. Notre Dame

3. Jackson

4. Scott County Central

5. Cape Central

6. Leopold

7. Advance

8. Oran

9. Oak Ridge

10.Scott City

11.Chaffee

12.Kelly

13.Woodland

14.Meadow Heights

15.Bell City

16.Delta

The biggest complaint I have with this tourney is the tremendous disparity in the sizes of the schools involved. What in the world are Bell City, Oak Ridge, Delta, and Meadow Heights doing in the same field with Jackson, Cape, and ND? What chance do these small schools have to compete year in and year out with the big boys? This tourney would be helped immensely by inviting Sikeston, Caruthersville, and NMCC to participate and letting these small schools have their own X-Mas tourney. Maybe the Senath tourney could be expanded to 16 teams then?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Wed, Dec 5, 2012, at 2:26 PM

My Predictions:

1. Charleston

2. Cape Central

3. SCC

4. Notre Dame

5. Leopold

6. Advance

7. Jackson

8. Oran

9. Oak Ridge

10.Scott City

11.Chaffee

12.Kelly

13.Woodland

14.Meadow Heights

15.Bell City

16.Delta

-- Posted by goBIGblue on Wed, Dec 5, 2012, at 3:09 PM

Preach, I agree that some of the schools aren't able to compete continuously with the larger schools. However, you have to agree when the underdogs finish in the top 4 the excitement is true enjoyment.

-- Posted by bball_hs on Wed, Dec 5, 2012, at 3:15 PM

It's not so much about inviting the teams every year. Once a team is in one year they don't want to leave it because the school gets a nice amount of money from the tournament. For a new team to join somebody would pretty much have to do something to get kicked out. The smaller teams like it because they get the chance to play against the big dogs that they wouldn't normally get to see.

-- Posted by CapeAlum on Wed, Dec 5, 2012, at 3:18 PM

don't forget bell city, scc, mh, sc, kelly, advance and alot of the small schools have either won in past or almost won. makes tourny very good also small schools bring in the crowds.

-- Posted by hawk85 on Wed, Dec 5, 2012, at 3:28 PM

every school in this has had good teams that compete with the big schools just not every year, and guys I don't think there's anyway oak ridge is seeded above Scott city when Scott city beat them by somewhere between 9-11 points.

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Wed, Dec 5, 2012, at 3:40 PM

Somehow, I doubt Delta is looking forward to playing Charleston if the predicted seedings hold up! Of the small schools in the tourney, only SCC can/has consistently competed. This year, Advance and Leopold have the horses to compete with the big boys, but next year?

I still say the small schools (except SCC) should get out of this X-Mas tourney, expand the Senath or Clarkton holiday tourney to 16 teams, and let some of the bigger schools who travel out of the area for X-Mas tourneys compete in Cape. That's a win-win for everybody IMO.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Wed, Dec 5, 2012, at 4:27 PM

You can't expand any tournament that isn't already a 16 team tournament into 16 teams. You can simultaneously contest two eight team tourneys but no new 16 team tourneys can be created. That's a rule in Missouri for some reason. The small schools aren't going to leave the Cape tourney and while teams like Sikeston would like to get in, wouldn't it just end up being the SEMO Conference tournament again pretty much from the second round on?

-- Posted by sideline starter on Wed, Dec 5, 2012, at 4:34 PM

I didn't know Missouri had such a rule. That seems pretty arbitrary to me. It wouldn't necessarily be a repeat of the SEMO Conference tourney every year since neither Poplar Bluff or Dexter would be in it, while Caruthersville, Sikeston, and NMCC would certainly shake things up. Other schools to consider could be Perryville, Fredericktown, Ste. Gen, PHC, Clearwater, and DeSoto. I think that would introduce more parity and make for a more exciting tourney.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Wed, Dec 5, 2012, at 4:55 PM

After the first round games, there are good, competitive and usually close games for day 2,3 and 4. Also keep in mind the small schools will fill the show me center, spectator speaking, as much as the large schools. Theres a hand full of those small schools that have competed well over the past 10 or so years. Maybe not consistently in the championship game, but definately there on the last day. And asking an Oak Ridge or Delta or Advance to travel 80+ miles four consecutive days is not a win-win. They can travel 20 miles and share the gate and basically pay for their seasons.

-- Posted by Attaboy on Wed, Dec 5, 2012, at 5:04 PM

This is my personal choice but if Sikeston could get into any tournament in Missouri around Christmas, I'd want them to get into the Meramec up in St. Louis. That thing has the best competition of any during Christmas week and would really be a test of the Bulldogs. Otherwise, I'm kind of ok with us being nomadic until someone gets out of the Cape tourney. However, give me the Meramec any day.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Wed, Dec 5, 2012, at 5:20 PM

Rankings look pretty good.

I agree with Sportsnerd that Oak Ridge will not be ranked ahead of SC with a head to head loss.

SC will be without Fortner against Oran, this will hurt. Should be a good game.

I believe SC, Oran, Advance, Chaffee and Oak Ridge all have competitive teams and fall somewhere in the middle.

I also believe Leopold is the creme of the crop small school.

Charleston may not get challenged. However, N.D. lost 5 starters last year and just beat Jackson. Unbelievable.

-- Posted by UFO on Wed, Dec 5, 2012, at 6:30 PM

Surely you don't think ND stands a chance against Charleston do you? They might beat the Jays but they would have to have a lot of help from the striped shirts.

-- Posted by bluejay_fan_natic20 on Wed, Dec 5, 2012, at 7:58 PM

on any givin night a team can get beat.....but i think charleston will win this tourn. pretty easy,but anything could happen though

-- Posted by kmasters on Wed, Dec 5, 2012, at 8:10 PM

To those Blue Jays, the only way I see you losing this tournament is by not playing teamball. Remember there is no I in team!!!!!! TEAMBALL, ALL DAY

-- Posted by silentplayer on Wed, Dec 5, 2012, at 8:23 PM

Kmasters. Pray tell on what night a Delta or a Chaffee would come within 30 points of the Jays much less beat them.

-- Posted by bluejay_fan_natic20 on Wed, Dec 5, 2012, at 8:25 PM

Nobody gave SC any chance to play within 20 points of Charleston last year in the Christmas tournament, but they played them close the whole game, leading at times, because Charleston didn't show up until midway through the fourth. Anything can happen.

-- Posted by CapeAlum on Wed, Dec 5, 2012, at 9:39 PM

bluejay fan,

I said, "Charleston may not get challenged." I refuse to Brown Nose you all any more than that.

I do believe there are several teams capable of playing with the Jays. We'll see who shows up and wants it.

Best of luck to all teams!

-- Posted by UFO on Wed, Dec 5, 2012, at 10:34 PM

BTW. SC lost to Charleston last year by 7.

I believe SC was an 8 seed. Top 10 teams are all capable on a given night.

-- Posted by UFO on Wed, Dec 5, 2012, at 10:40 PM

Top 11.

-- Posted by UFO on Wed, Dec 5, 2012, at 11:02 PM

Id love to see Sikeston in the Meramec tournament, that is a loaded tournament, and seems there are always weaker teams leaving, and stronger ones getting in. You Sikeston guys should talk to caoch and get on the list to get into that.

-- Posted by stlscott on Thu, Dec 6, 2012, at 6:19 AM

1) Charleston

2) Cape

3) Notre Dame

4) Jackson

5) SCC

6) Leopold

7) Advance

8) Oran

9) SC

10) Oak Ridge

11) Chaffee

12) Kelly

13) Woodland

14) Bell City

15) Meadow Heights

16) Delta

-- Posted by Ronnie1 on Sat, Dec 8, 2012, at 11:55 PM

Anyone know when the seedings will be released?

-- Posted by Ronnie1 on Sun, Dec 9, 2012, at 1:28 PM

Some time today.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Sun, Dec 9, 2012, at 1:54 PM

Sideline, when are we getting a top 10?

-- Posted by CapeAlum on Sun, Dec 9, 2012, at 3:20 PM

I do my first top ten of the season on the Sunday after the Christmas tourneys. Usually, we have a large enough sample size to get a decent projection by that point.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Sun, Dec 9, 2012, at 3:23 PM

I heard that that are out! Anyone got them?

-- Posted by Stinger Fan 12 on Mon, Dec 10, 2012, at 7:56 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration. If you already have an account , enter your username and password below. Otherwise, click here to register.

Username:

Password:  (Forgot your password?)

Your comments:
Please be respectful of others and try to stay on topic.