[semoball.com] Login | Register
Post reply Read replies (362) More threads Create thread

Week of Dec. 7 Basketball Scores
Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 5:34 PM:

Post your scores all week here.

Jackson leads Notre Dame 2-0 early in the opening game of the SEMO Conferencee tournament.

Replies

Notre Dame leads 6-4 with 4:48 left in the first quarter.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 5:38 PM

Jackson leads Notre Dame 19-11 after one quarter. Height seems to be the difference so far.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 5:48 PM

Jackson leads Notre Dame 40-21 at halftime. Jackson may be trying to send a message. Height, turnovers, and bad shooting from three (again) are hurting Notre Dame but Jackson is just clearly the better team right now.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 6:07 PM

Wonder how long it will be before all those Jackson folks start wanting Darrin fired!! HA!

-- Posted by bulletman on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 6:08 PM

Makes you wonder about the coaches and their thinking when seeding the tournament. It was obvious to most "lay" people that Jackson was going to be better than cape. Just saying.

-- Posted by Swish on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 6:15 PM

Cape was coming off of a district championship season in Class 5 last year and the seeding was done before Cape started to have all of their turmoil. Meanwhile, how Jackson's height was going to translate to the court was not yet known. If anything, they should have seeded later than they did but I can understand their original thinking. Besides, a lot of people think NMCC maybe should have been the three and Cape the six which means the matchup could be right just the wrong teams in the home and away uniform.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 6:18 PM

Jackson leads Notre Dame 40-25 with 5:43 to go in the third. Timeout Jackson.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 6:20 PM

Jackson now leads 42-30 with around 3:30 to go in the third. Timeout Notre Dame.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 6:24 PM

Jackson leads 47-40 after three quarters. Indians were outscored 19-7 in that quarter.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 6:33 PM

Does ND have a realistic chance to win?

-- Posted by Swish on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 6:33 PM

They just hit a three followed by a steal getting it down to 47-45.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 6:34 PM

If Jackson blows this one, I think I may know the answer to your question, Bulletman.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 6:35 PM

Notre Dame leads 51-50 with 5:50 to go.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 6:40 PM

Of course Todd BS Bonacki tries to make it sound even greater by saying Notre Dame hasn't led all game. As you can obviously see at the top, they led 6-4 in the first quarter.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 6:41 PM

You're right sideline...They have big expectations this year...They will be shocked to get beat by a bunch of sophmores...

-- Posted by bulletman on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 6:45 PM

Wow, Jackson seems to underachieve and get outcoached every year.

-- Posted by stlscott on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 6:46 PM

We are tied 54-54 with 2:10 to go. Karson King held to one point in second half so far.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 6:48 PM

What station are the games on?

-- Posted by Gary Pinkel on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 6:48 PM

I've got the ND game on KGIR 1220 AM, redhawk. Not sure on the other games yet.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 6:49 PM

Notre Dame leads 59-56 with 1:30 or so to go. Timeout Jackson.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 6:50 PM

Poythress is from Jackson! Nice recruit by the Bulldogs..

-- Posted by bulletman on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 6:50 PM

Wow. Jackson gets fouled and makes the shot but foul was called on the floor. That could be a gamechanger. Notre Dame leads 59-56 with 47 seconds to go.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 6:53 PM

Notre Dame leads 63-59 with 20 seconds to go.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 6:56 PM

Notre Dame wins 64-59 over Jackson. Poythress and Barber led the charge for Notre Dame.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 6:59 PM

I'f all the games are played like this one I'm gonna spend a ton of money on popcorn.....What a come back..

-- Posted by stlfan38 on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 7:00 PM

If anyone wants to listen to the Sikeston-Poplar Bluff game, I found a feed online. Google KWOC Poplar Bluff. There will be a tab on the right side down a bit labeled "Listen Live". Click there. You can access the live stream on that page for both computer and smartphone.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 7:02 PM

Notre Dame loss their home opener to a talent teams. So I guess some questions were answered about them they will play to the finish and another point proven SIZE doesn't matter always determination. Congrats to Notre Dame Good Luck New Madrid an SHS tonight

-- Posted by stlfan38 on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 7:03 PM

Wow what a combustion! Thanks for the updates Sideline!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 7:03 PM

No problem. I will have them at least for the Sikeston-Poplar Bluff game as well.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 7:04 PM

Sideline, what times are the games Friday?

-- Posted by Gary Pinkel on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 7:11 PM

Redhawk, it will be the consolation final at 5:30, third place game at 7:00, and finals at 8:30 I believe.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 7:12 PM

Sikeston and Poplar Bluff have officially tipped off.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 7:16 PM

Did that 6'8" kid from Jackson go scoreless in the second half?

-- Posted by bulletman on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 7:18 PM

He either went scoreless or only had a couple of points Bullet. Kind of amazing after how he had his way in the first half.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 7:19 PM

Wow. Jackson was supposed to be so good!! What happened to all that height.

-- Posted by pe-co85 on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 7:22 PM

Sikeston leads 8-2 in the middle of the first. JT Jones with six points already.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 7:22 PM

Jackson's height started turning the ball over in the second half and maybe got tired.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 7:23 PM

Does anyone know how Central did last week at the Potosi tournament?

-- Posted by CTalum5 on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 7:24 PM

Central lost in the finals to St. James by one point, CTalum.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 7:24 PM

Wow 2 years ago that was such an easy tournament for us to open the season with. Was St. James any good or is Central not very good?

-- Posted by CTalum5 on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 7:26 PM

St. James isn't anything special. I'd say Central is just down this year. Central was only able to defeat St. Pius X in the semi-finals by four. We will know more about Central when they take on New Madrid tomorrow.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 7:28 PM

Its such a shame that all of those players left Central, they could have been really good this year.

-- Posted by CTalum5 on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 7:29 PM

ND still has some good players and a good program.

-- Posted by pe-co85 on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 7:29 PM

Sikeston leads 21-5 after the first quarter. JT Jones already has 13 points including two 3-pointers.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 7:31 PM

sikeston will have the turbo clock going in the 4th quarter for sure lol

-- Posted by kmasters on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 7:34 PM

Sikeston leads 28-5 with 7:01 to go in the second.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 7:35 PM

Sikeston's one problem in this game is that they have made a lot of silly fouls. Gotta clean that up.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 7:36 PM

The Poplar Bluff announcer has pronounced Kyland Gross as "Key-lawn Grawss" all night. Apparently, he didn't keep up with football too well.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 7:41 PM

The Delta C-7 boys basketball team leads North Pemiscot 26-18 at halftime.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 7:49 PM

Sikeston leads Poplar Bluff 43-19 at halftime. Sikeston had a really bad stretch in the mid-second quarter.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 7:51 PM

Impressive comeback by ND. Wishing I went over there now.

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 7:57 PM

i said nd will suprise alot of teams this year dont take them lightly

-- Posted by kmasters on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 8:03 PM

Best thing ND had going for them tonight was Darrin Scott is Jackson's coach.

-- Posted by TerryHicks4President on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 8:08 PM

Sikeston is leading 62-37 late in the third. The defense has just gotten lazy. They should be up more.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 8:14 PM

Sikeston leads Poplar Bluff 64-37 after three quarters.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 8:17 PM

Hard to believe a team blows a 19 point lead in high school basketball with no shot clock...I don't know anything about basketball but that seems unusual..

-- Posted by bulletman on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 8:18 PM

Right bulletman I heard about a game a Shawnee last week they were down 26 with a shot clock and came back and won by 8 against a division one jucco team in there region wabash valley to remain undefeated. So high school no excuse jus do what CHS would have done stall the ball..

-- Posted by stlfan38 on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 8:23 PM

With Notre Dame they rise to the occasion of who they are playing. SHS Cape Jackson for sure.

-- Posted by stlfan38 on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 8:25 PM

Sikeston wins 78-53 but has some work to do before their next game on Thursday. They will play the winner of tomorrow's Cape Central-New Madrid County Central game. Not sure if I will be able to update the next game between Charleston and Dexter.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 8:35 PM

Delta C-7 defeats North Pemiscot 55-43.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 8:41 PM

CTalum--With Church, it's his way or the highway. He won't change to fit the talent. Just like the stud they had last year and because he tried to dunk in a game Drew sat him out..So you get what you get..

-- Posted by bulletman on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 9:05 PM

what players left cape central

-- Posted by Capecentral on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 9:16 PM

Sideline, any point and rebound totals for Sikeston? It looked like JT snagged quite a few boards tonight.

-- Posted by DukePhan on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 9:18 PM

I didn't get any DukePhan except that JT had over 20 points. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 9:24 PM

Where did these players go CTalum? Like did they just quit, or transfer?

-- Posted by Kobeyashi on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 9:43 PM

Chandler Bagley, Austin Bagley, Jake Boerboom, and Bo Wilferth are the players who are no longer on the team this year, among others who transferred or are no longer in school such as Delontre Haney and Tim Booker.

-- Posted by Commodore_3 on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 9:47 PM

Charleston up 71-23 over Dexter with a little over a minute left in the game.

-- Posted by birdfan on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 9:49 PM

Charleston 74

Dexter 23........Final

-- Posted by birdfan on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 9:50 PM

Sikeston will have to play with a much more consistent focus and intensity than they did tonight or they will blow it against Cape or NMCC Thursday.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 9:54 PM

dang sideline. you really believe that? lol

-- Posted by V,B on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 11:00 PM

We had a disappointing effort tonight. The best word to describe it would be coasting. If you try to coast against New Madrid or Charleston this season, you're going to get run over.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 11:08 PM

I thought Sikeston worked hard and did some great things tonight. Some people are never satisfied.

-- Posted by Winner11 on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 11:08 PM

Sideline, I thought Sikeston was very impressive tonight. Poplar Bluff is not all that bad of a team, esp. Gipson in the middle. PB made their runs against Sikeston's second team, mostly, and they played alot of tonight's game because the Bulldogs had such a big lead. The only concern I have for Sikeston is that they seemed to struggle whenever J.T. Jones was not on the floor.

Charleston is also an amazing team. Man can they shoot the ball! Coach Farmer didn't even press Dexter tonight and didn't have to. They did play hard-nosed man-to-man defense and forced alot of turnovers anyway. Their second string whipped our starters. Dexter came out with no intensity and not much of an effort. Their coach seemed pretty lackadiasiacal too.

From what I saw tonight, in the SEMO Conference, Sikeston and Charleston are just head and shoulders above everyone else. I truly don't think any team in the conference can play within 25 points of either team. NMCC might have the best shot. Both teams are so balanced in their scoring and play such good defense and are unbelievably quick and fast. Also, they don't turn the ball over much and neither team fouls all that much, esp. the Bluejays.

Jackson played a good first half and ND played a terrible half. The Indians collapse in the 2nd half was a strange sight to behold. It's like they thought with a 19-point lead, all they had to do to win was just show up for the 2nd half. ND's Polythress started hitting threes, they turned up the defensive intensity, and Jackson just fell apart. Their coach did them no favors either, as he sat their big man, Lueders, for most of the 4th quarter. He had played a great game off the bench up til that point. One other point I will make is that the officiating in that game was just atrocious and most of the critical calls went against Jackson. The officiating in the other two games was very good on the other hand.

That's my thoughts for the first night at the SEMO Conference Tourney. I hope to be back Friday night for what will undoubtedly be a Charleston-Sikeston final and a great, great game.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 11:17 PM

The boys were leading 28-5 one minute into the second quarter. They played 50-48 after that against a team they clearly outmatched. If that isn't coasting, I don't know what is. Part of the credit goes to Poplar Bluff for playing tough. However, I know I'm not the only person who was disappointed with tonight's performance. I know how good this team is and what they can do. Tonight was nowhere near their best effort and if they aren't giving their best effort every night, they aren't going to be able to achieve the goal the team has set for themselves.

There is no one on this website who speaks up for and in support of Sikeston as much as I do. However, I'm not blind. I've seen these guys in the past and been around this team enough to know when they are coasting and not going all out and tonight was one of those nights.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 11:18 PM

Sideline, Sikeston maintained a 25 point lead all game long. From what I saw in person tonight, they didn't look like they were coasting. Sikeston played their second string for most of the second half and nearly all of the 4th quarter. Had Holifield played his starters the whole game, there's no doubt the Bulldogs would've won by 40 points. As I said, Bluff is not all that bad, just not in Sikeston's class.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 11:27 PM

Coasting....that shocks me that your would say that. The kids played hard and the subs played most of second half. Holifield didn't even press in the fourth quarter because he was a gentleman and didn't run the score up. We're you even at the game? Don't get too negative because it was basically a blowout.

-- Posted by Winner11 on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 11:29 PM

Preach, we are going to have to disagree on this one my friend.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 11:29 PM

We'll let it go. You two disagree with me. It's ok. I just didn't like the effort tonight.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 11:30 PM

Sideline, you must not have watched the same game I did .

-- Posted by Winner11 on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 11:34 PM

Not a problem Sideline. Honest disagreement and healthy debate is a good thing. As I said before, the only concern I had with Sikeston is that they were not as good without J.T. on the floor. If Jones gets in foul trouble, the Bulldogs could be in trouble against Charleston.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 11:41 PM

Nice comeback by ND, but to put it in perspective 75% of their points came on turnovers by about the slowest team ive seen in awhile, jaxon has no guard play. And poythress is the only nd outside threat. Look for a bluejay turboclock on thursday, at least a win by over 20pts is a guarantee. The bluejays remind me of sikeston 2 years ago. They stand a great chance of running the table this year. Look for the jays to beat my reddawgz by at least ten on fri nite. No offense to my dawgz but charleston looks pretty special this year!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 11:55 PM

Sadly, I'm starting to get the same hunch as you cirithungol17. We've got a shot to beat Charleston but we have to be on our A game.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 12:04 AM

I hate to lose but i think the jays would be a threat to win class 5 this year!! So that means our dawgz are still a fantastic team even if the jays prove to be a bit better! It is amazing how much talent there is here in the charleston/sikeston/scc metroplex!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 12:11 AM

Cirithungol17, from what I saw tonight, I have to agree with you. But still, there's just no excuse for Jackson blowing a 19 point lead. I thought their point guard Daume had moments where he played well, but for the most part he had a bad game, esp. in the 2nd half.

I thought two of ND's best players tonight came off the bench, the little guard Williamson (#20) and the forward Barber (#34). Why they don't start is beyond me. Still, I agree with you that Charleston is going to blow them out on Thursday night. I also give them the nod at the moment over Sikeston, but that is going to be a great game.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 12:12 AM

Preach, check your email.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 12:16 AM

Agreed preach!! Fri nite will be a wild trackmeet no doubt. With highschool kids its impossible to know what the outcome will be but one thing for sure is the intensity will be at a max!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 12:24 AM

First thing in the morning Sideline when I get to my study.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 12:34 AM

Williamson's brother starts and was the better ball handler.

-- Posted by Kobeyashi on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 8:02 AM

You all have to remember that we heard the point guard from Jackson was the BEST to EVER play in the area...EVER!!! Great kid from great family but average at basketball

-- Posted by bulletman on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 8:49 AM

Guys, I have to go with sideline on this one. I guarantee you that I am as big a Sikeston homer as anyone on here. I have an inkling that Coach wasn't pleased with the effort in the second half...just a hunch. Anyway, the Dogs just need to put it together for 4 quarters. They will be just fine.

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 8:55 AM

Congrats to noter dame for that comeback over jackson

-- Posted by SikestonBaller21 on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 9:05 AM

I won't count New Madrid out. It's been SHS an CHS in the finals since it went from Sikeston Invitational to Semo Conference. The guys played really well against some good teams at the riverbed and Day is gonna coach till the end. JT has really matured for SHS. Between that match up SHS would have to play whole hearted all 4 quarters. New Madrid has players that have speed an r well conditioned and can give SHS more of a challenge than last year. Still early Cape may win but I don't see it.. But I think charleston will win This year they have great guard good post an Danny who Always pulls some kinda magic with his group.Sikeston bench will have to step up an play consistent to help with a win They didn't look ten deep last night..

-- Posted by stlfan38 on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 9:16 AM

Let me guess stlfan38, you sat on the opposite side of Sikeston's bench stuffing your chubby face with popcorn and you still didn't see Sikeston going 10 deep? Readjust those bifocal's dude!!!

-- Posted by Sweet Chuck on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 9:40 AM

good point sweet chucky

-- Posted by SikestonBaller21 on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 9:45 AM

This is my opinion but Sikeston makes some silly fouls, they need to work on the rebounds. 2nd 5 needs a little work. My favorite player is Kyland Gross he worked his butt off last nite.

-- Posted by TFA on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 9:50 AM

I don't want to put words in anyone's mouth, but I believe he was implying Sikeston can't expect to go 10 deep against legit competition. In this case, playing 10 kids doesn't make you 10 deep.

-- Posted by Captain Awesome on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 9:53 AM

For anyone worried about Cape, I have seen them play twice, they won't beat anyone that is even close to decent, not sure what's goin on down there, but they aren't good.

-- Posted by stlscott on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 10:00 AM

Captain, stlfan could say all good stuff and some will still find things wrong with what he says

-- Posted by TFA on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 10:05 AM

That was a way 2fight back for ND last night..They never gave up..That showed alot of heart and character esp. for a very young line up(4soph.1jr)coming back from 19down..That's semo conference for you..Expect the unexpected..I like J.T from Sikeston he has played great so far this season..Sikeston could very well win class4 this year with Madison prep(formerly Imagine Prep) moving to class3.If their bench can step up and help out alot more..On the other hand My Bluejays look great a repeat is possible..The boys shoot the ball extremely well like last year almost..With a deep bench like Sikeston had a couple years ago..If Charleston stays focused..It could be another 89'90' season 33-0..

-- Posted by GotRingsDoU? on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 10:06 AM

Rings...for once, I agree with you. Charleston looks VERY GOOD. They could be undefeated, no doubt. Also, Sikeston looks REALLY GOOD. Their 2nd 5 will need to step it up a little, but I fully expect that to happen. Both teams look to be serious contenders in their respective class.

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 10:17 AM

SIKESTON>>>>CHARLESTON

-- Posted by SikestonBaller21 on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 10:23 AM

Ur jays are fun to watch, rings! Anybody can score from anywhere and i saw no selfishness at all lasnite, just a well-oiled machine. I have no doubt if they can avoid a letdown 30-0 is a good bet!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 10:34 AM

Thanks,Rocket..Too bad we won't agree on the finals..That's if both teams make it..Best of luck until then..

-- Posted by GotRingsDoU? on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 10:39 AM

Thanks,Cirithungol17..Im very proud of those guys..Would love to hang another undefeated Hall of Fame Banner @ the Nest..12 is a good #..

-- Posted by GotRingsDoU? on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 10:47 AM

Coach Scott's Jackson teams have become known to blow leads in the second half due to being out of shape. Last year they could handle the pressure defense in the first half but not as well as they tired in the second half when the big guys would stand around too much and not help out on the pressure. Last year the only ones not to drop off in the second half were the sophomore cross country runners Daume, Lysell and King. Did this this team not focus on conditioning this summer when this has been their achilles heel the past few years? Do they scrimmage full court or half in the summer? They better work on not just breaking the press but scoring out of it or it will be more of the same from pressure defense teams like Sikeston, Charleston, and others.

-- Posted by theprof on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 12:56 PM

Conditioning may have been part of the reason for Jackson's 2nd half collapse, Prof. But for whatever reason, they just couldn't handle it when ND stepped up the defensive pressure. As I said earlier, their coach did them no favors either by keeping Lueders on the bench for most of the 4th qtr. ND had no answer for him in the first half.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 2:23 PM

First of sweet chuck I don't wear glasses maybe you need some.. Now sideline can say the dogs were lack on defense an u say nothing I say that the bench will have to help the starters u wanna get bent out of shape.every game is different every team will have good games an lack games. How you play a mediocre team is how you will play a great team. So if SHS only scores to more points than PB n the second half bench or not they can't do that against CHS r New Madrid. You need to take Valium literally. You dont know me and I don't care to know you. I call it like I see it you don't like what I say dont read it. Like your coach said n a interview they have to play team ball.... something at times they shyed away from last year in my opinion..

-- Posted by stlfan38 on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 3:46 PM

TFA your great I don't let things get under my skin.I say it like I see it.I'm not on a forum to make friends nor enemies jus read others views an express my own..

-- Posted by stlfan38 on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 3:50 PM

For anyone staying home tonight wanting to keep tabs on games, Semo Sports Zone will have a live video webcast of the Kennett-Caruthersville game and KGIR 1220 AM will have an online radio broadcast of the Cape Central-New Madrid game. I'll provide updates for both games as I can on this thread.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 6:24 PM

Captain your correct. Playing 10 guys doesn't make you a ten deep team. SHS championship team was hands down 10 deep. The five coming in played just as well or even better than the starters. Sikeston may play 10 guys but it won't be in a tight situation because from the PB game the the second five didn't play consistent. They will get better I'm sure with work. That state team was hands down the best along with your undefeated jays teams... Rings..

-- Posted by stlfan38 on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 6:48 PM

Also, the SEMO/Mizzou video feed will be available on www.espn3.com starting at 7CT

-- Posted by DukePhan on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 6:52 PM

Caruthersville's JV beat Kennett tonight 53-45.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 6:57 PM

The Caruthersville/Kennett Varsity game will be pushed back some because of a girls game. Tip-off may be 8pm or later.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 7:10 PM

They're putting a girls game in there? Geeze. I guess that gives me time to listen to the Cape Central-New Madrid game.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 7:13 PM

After one qtr. Oran leads Risco 24-11

-- Posted by Larry Doby on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 7:13 PM

Give us updates on the NMCC/Cape game

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 7:19 PM

Sideline, do you have a link to the Cape/NMCC feed?

-- Posted by DukePhan on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 7:24 PM

DukePhan, I have the KGIR live stream up but it is still on ESPN Radio right now. I thought they did Cape basketball but I'm starting to think they may not in which case we may be out of luck.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 7:26 PM

So apparently KGIR only does the Cape Central football games. KAPE 1550 AM 100.3 FM does the basketball games. They do not have an online stream. Only regular radio so I will not be able to provide updates. The lack of online radio streams in Southeast Missouri is absolutely infuriating.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 7:30 PM

At the half, Oran leads Risco 44-19.

-- Posted by Larry Doby on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 7:32 PM

Semo is leading Mizzou 31-27.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 7:33 PM

NMCC up 15-10 after 1

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 7:34 PM

Keep the updates coming please Buck. Also, do you or anyone know what the score of the Dexter-Jackson game was?

-- Posted by sideline starter on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 7:35 PM

Semo now up 38-27

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 7:35 PM

Bernie 18 Scott City 12 after 1

-- Posted by bluemules89 on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 7:39 PM

I'll try, I'm not actually at the game. Don't know about the other game, I'll see what I can do.

GO SEMO!!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 7:39 PM

Oak Ridge beats Delta 62-38, although it really wasn't ever close. Coach played a lot of subs and barely pressed a qrtr.

-- Posted by OAKRIDGEBLUJAYS on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 7:44 PM

Semo-45 Mizzou-35 Halftime

-- Posted by TerryHicks4President on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 7:45 PM

SEMO up 45-35 at half

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 7:46 PM

Text sponsored by First National Bank. The Kennett varsity girls basketball team leads Caruthersville 31-10 at halftime.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 7:46 PM

NMCC 26

CENTRAL 21

HALF

-- Posted by DukePhan on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 7:50 PM

NMCC up 26-21 at half

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 7:50 PM

New Madrid is a differant team than last year. Started this first quarter really well.

-- Posted by stlfan38 on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 7:53 PM

This is a commercial free text. Oran leads Risco after 3 63-35

-- Posted by Larry Doby on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 7:55 PM

How kind of you Larry. Making that post without pay.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 7:57 PM

Bernie 34 SC 23 at half

-- Posted by bluemules89 on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 7:57 PM

LOL @ Larry.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 7:57 PM

Bernie varsity boys lead Scott City 34-23 at halftime.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 7:58 PM

After lasts year's drubbing at the hands of risco I'm feeling generous.

-- Posted by Larry Doby on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 8:02 PM

Oran defeats Risco 78-44.

-- Posted by Larry Doby on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 8:06 PM

Georgetown defeats Texas 64-41.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 8:08 PM

The Kennett/Caruthersville game will not be aired live tonight. It will be on replay tomorrow. Just found out by semosportszone.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 8:13 PM

SEMO up 56-51

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 8:13 PM

Cape Central up 5 with 5 minutes to play in the game.

-- Posted by DukePhan on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 8:18 PM

Cheese, does Caruthersville have an online radio stream?

-- Posted by sideline starter on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 8:18 PM

Text sponsored by First National Bank. The Kennett varsity girls basketball team beat Caruthersville 53-18.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 8:20 PM

Sounds like in typical NMCC fashion they ate giving the game away.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 8:20 PM

are

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 8:20 PM

Bernie leads SC 53-31 after 3

-- Posted by bluemules89 on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 8:21 PM

CT/NMCC tied at 49. 3:30 to play

-- Posted by DukePhan on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 8:21 PM

http://p.freestreams.com/?pid=462&t=1354...

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 8:22 PM

Sideline--Where you residing tonight that you can't be at a basketball game?

-- Posted by bulletman on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 8:22 PM

You da man Cheese. Bullet, I'm not in area tonight. I'll be back Thursday.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 8:24 PM

Thanks Cheese! Should be a great game!

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 8:26 PM

Mizzou outscoring Semo 25-11 in the 2nd half

-- Posted by TerryHicks4President on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 8:27 PM

1:38 to play,tied at 52

-- Posted by DukePhan on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 8:27 PM

CT up 5 with 37 seconds to play

-- Posted by DukePhan on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 8:30 PM

Make it 31-11

-- Posted by TerryHicks4President on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 8:31 PM

what is the score of the cape game

-- Posted by eric birk on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 8:32 PM

Cape Central 59

NMCC 54

FINAL

-- Posted by DukePhan on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 8:33 PM

Anybody know the final of the Jackson-Dexter game tonight?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 8:33 PM

cape won 59-54

-- Posted by scuddog52 on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 8:34 PM

So we get another game in the great Sikeston-Cape rivalry on Thursday night. Wonderful.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 8:37 PM

Jackson won 64 to 38

-- Posted by eric birk on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 8:38 PM

Bernie wins 69-53

-- Posted by bluemules89 on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 8:40 PM

Anyone know the Hayti-South Pem score?

-- Posted by InYourOpinion on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 8:40 PM

10-11cvill 2:30 left in 1st

-- Posted by ktown 5150 on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 8:41 PM

Darn I wanted New Madrid to win, nothing against Cape I just wanted to watch Jimerson

-- Posted by TFA on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 8:46 PM

Well, I guess the seedings were correct after all.

-- Posted by bulletman on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 8:47 PM

End of 1st qtr 17-15 cvill

-- Posted by ktown 5150 on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 8:47 PM

Mizzou-81 Semo-65....Mizzou outscored Semo 46-20 in the 2nd half

-- Posted by TerryHicks4President on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 8:47 PM

MIZZOU wins. 81-65. SEMO played over their heads in the first quarter, but they should do well in the OVC.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 8:49 PM

This text is sponsored by Indians, America's lost mascot. After one quarter, Caruthersville leads Kennett 17-15.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 8:49 PM

Monroe had a huge block of an Indian layup! The announcers said it landed in the third row.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 8:50 PM

Text sponsored by First National Bank. The Kennett varsity boys trail Caruthersville 17-15 at the end of the first quarter

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 8:50 PM

Very nice effort by Semo tonight, they have some promise.

-- Posted by stlscott on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 8:52 PM

Text is sponsored by Al Sharpton, America's second favorite Muppet. Caruthersville leads Kennett 19-18 with five minutes to go in the second quarter.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 8:56 PM

Low scoring 2nd qtr in Kennett. The Tigers are up 19-18. Monroe has yet to score.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 8:57 PM

Pressey could have shot an uncontested layup and the refs would have called a foul. Bowers could have been at half court and still get an offensive rebound. Sometimes it just goes that way.

-- Posted by joefrank78 on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 8:59 PM

Holcomb boys defeated Senath-Hornersville 70-44.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 9:05 PM

At halftime Kennett leads Caruthersville 31-30.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 9:06 PM

End of 2nd 31-30 knnt

-- Posted by ktown 5150 on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 9:07 PM

Kennett scored the last five points of the half to re-take the lead. Sounds like a barnburner tonight in the Bootheel.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 9:09 PM

Kennett leads Caruthersville 31-30 at halftime. Monroe went out late in the 2nd qtr. after taking an elbow to the face.

Also, the announcers said Portageville rolled Cooter in their first game of the season but didn't give the score.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 9:10 PM

Clarkton defeated Corning Arkansas 61-56.

-- Posted by kdjones on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 9:19 PM

Pretty frustrating to lose to the team everyone has been downing and dogging all week. smh

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 9:22 PM

kdjones, Clarkton is off to a good start this season. Right now, they look like the 2nd best team in the Tri-County Conference behind Holcomb.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 9:24 PM

Bernie defeats Scott City 69-53.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 9:24 PM

Dustin, do you have a score from the Hayti-South Pem game?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 9:31 PM

this text sponsored by Maxine's Chaffee rolled east prarie, in other news the world has like 17 more days of existence

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 9:32 PM

Malden defeated Gideon by 20+.

-- Posted by kdjones on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 9:32 PM

has Kennett and Caruthersville started the second half yet?

-- Posted by kdjones on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 9:33 PM

All three of Caruthersville's big men, including Monroe, have 3 fouls each. The announcers are starting to complain about the refs.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 9:34 PM

Thats the norm when you play in Kennett. We're used to it.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 9:37 PM

Kennett leads Caruthersville 48-46 at the end of the third quarter.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 9:37 PM

Hey Buck---PSYCHE!! Just heard that freshman guard for Central is the real deal. I had never heard of him but I don't follow Central basketball that closely. Might not miss those juniors as much as first thought but time will tell

-- Posted by bulletman on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 9:37 PM

48-46 knnt start of 4th

-- Posted by ktown 5150 on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 9:38 PM

Kennett leads Caruthersville 48-46 after 3 qtrs. Both teams traded dunks in the 3rd qtr.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 9:39 PM

Good game so far. Mitchell a couple of dunks and Monroe has one

-- Posted by ktown 5150 on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 9:41 PM

Good game so far. Mitchell a couple of dunks and Monroe has one

-- Posted by ktown 5150 on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 9:41 PM

52-52 5:50 left

-- Posted by ktown 5150 on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 9:42 PM

Reporting all scores I can currently access while covering game.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 9:42 PM

Well bullet either way I'm sure you'll get blown by Sikeston thursday. Have fun bud!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 9:44 PM

I'd be ok with that result!

-- Posted by sideline starter on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 9:50 PM

61-61 2:16 left in game

-- Posted by ktown 5150 on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 9:55 PM

Grissom fouls out for the Tigers late in the game.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 10:01 PM

10 fouls each this half no refs cheating, 66-66 35.4 seconds left

-- Posted by ktown 5150 on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 10:02 PM

Well, seeing as how I haven't seen a Cape Central game in 5 years I won't be attending and won't lose one minutes sleep either way. I also heard the Jimmerson kid was really good.

-- Posted by bulletman on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 10:03 PM

Kennett and Caruthersville head to overtime tied 66-66

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 10:03 PM

Overtime in ktown

-- Posted by ktown 5150 on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 10:03 PM

Tied at 66 with :35 seconds to go. A trey from Jamal Johnson tied it for the Tigers.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 10:04 PM

My radio broadcast is behind you guys. I need to stop checking Semoball until after this game ends. Hah.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 10:04 PM

The on-line broadcast is about a minute behind the real game.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 10:05 PM

What a game! Those two always bring it!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 10:08 PM

Heck of a game, doesn't matter who wins . Primer just fouled out. 76-74 knnt 1:03 left in OT

-- Posted by ktown 5150 on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 10:11 PM

Text sponsored by First National Bank. The Kennett varsity boys defeat Caruthersville 80-74 in overtime.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 10:17 PM

Sounds like Kennett dominated on the boards tonight and that was the difference in the game.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 10:23 PM

Sideline--Auburn just hired Malzahn as head coach.

-- Posted by bulletman on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 10:36 PM

The Hayti varsity boys defeated South Pemiscot 53-47.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 10:43 PM

Hayti won the junior varsity game against South Pemiscot 71-68 in overtime.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 10:43 PM

Good win for kennett , both teams had lots of fouls , both teams sloppy passing, and a little careless with the ball. Monroe was his usual talented self and mitchell played well. Good game . No cheating, no football legs just a hard faught game by both.

-- Posted by squawdad on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 10:47 PM

Congrats to Central. Go to college in STL so can't see many games, hopefully I can see them play this weekend...And Bullet I had the chance to play with Capes freshman during an open gym this summer, the kid has some promise that's for sure, he will be great for the future of Central if he stays all 4 years.

-- Posted by CTalum5 on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 11:07 PM

Sounds like cape pulled it together tonight. They've got a solid group of kids, they're just young and inexperienced. If everybody is eligible for second semester they could 3 peat in districts. They have another guard, Central (sp) Blackman, who can play if his grades are up. The kid is a 6'0" solid guard who can just play ball. I'm not too optimistic about Thursday; it'll be the first time the majority of the team has faced that though of pressure, but anything can happen. It's going to be interesting to see how the season plays out.

-- Posted by CapeAlum on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 11:16 PM

Great game tonight between C'ville and Kennett. I didn't appreciate some of the no calls for Kennett though! Can't wait to play Kennett again!

-- Posted by Tigersfan on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 11:28 PM

How is it that Cape always has kids that aren't eligible or allowed to play until second semester? No other school seems to have this problem like they do.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 11:30 PM

Text sponsored by Dustin Ward... Drawmules is the man!!!

-- Posted by Matt Foley (Agitator) on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 11:47 PM

I would like to think that Kennett and C'vill would both improve their sloppy games as the season goes on. C'ville players are quick! Who was it that turned a finger to the eye into an elbow to the face?

-- Posted by Pete Sims on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 11:50 PM

Portageville beat cooter 99-24...

-- Posted by Hey... on Wed, Dec 5, 2012, at 3:06 AM

It was a hard fought game last night. No excuses here. Both teams played hard. A few bad calls but Cville still had their chances to win. None that cost them the game. I have a feeling these two will see each other again at Conference time. Grats to Kennett on their win.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Wed, Dec 5, 2012, at 7:58 AM

Sideline---Regardless of what many of the folks think, Cape is a very tough academic school..Not saying Sikeston isn't but all I know is Cape...They have had several merit scholarship award winners the last few years..If I'm not mistaken they have had the most in the state. Kids really struggle to make the grades but hey, at the end of the day that's what's all about.

-- Posted by bulletman on Wed, Dec 5, 2012, at 8:05 AM

Cheese, the style of play looked alot like your last years team, this new coach may be ok afterall. I thought they played well for early in the season how do you guys feel about him so far?

-- Posted by squawdad on Wed, Dec 5, 2012, at 8:12 AM

Bulletman, first game of the season for me last night, sorry I wasn't on my A game.

-- Posted by whitey11 on Wed, Dec 5, 2012, at 8:14 AM

Whitey--You lost me on that one?

-- Posted by bulletman on Wed, Dec 5, 2012, at 8:30 AM

It's very similar. I think the kids are still adjusting to his coaching style though. I think he will turn out okay.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Wed, Dec 5, 2012, at 8:31 AM

Well everytime I watch monroe play I cant help but hope that Jimmy jackson is working pinkel to sign monroe. He sure would look good on the football field at mizzou.

-- Posted by squawdad on Wed, Dec 5, 2012, at 10:42 AM

I'm hoping he goes with Mizzou as well.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Wed, Dec 5, 2012, at 11:12 AM

Monroe to MIZZOU is fine with me.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Wed, Dec 5, 2012, at 6:18 PM

darn where did ronnie go,i see no post from him lol

-- Posted by kmasters on Wed, Dec 5, 2012, at 7:51 PM

Do you miss me kmasters?

-- Posted by Ronnie1 on Thu, Dec 6, 2012, at 8:26 AM

Feel free to post tonight's scores here.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Thu, Dec 6, 2012, at 7:53 PM

this text sponsored by Trader Jack's. Kelso C-7 43 Nell Holcomb 35.. great game by these 11-12 year olds

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Thu, Dec 6, 2012, at 7:56 PM

Charleston-35 Notre Dame-26 , start of 2nd Half

-- Posted by Commodore_3 on Thu, Dec 6, 2012, at 7:57 PM

Text sponsored by First National Bank. The Kennett varsity girls basketball team leads Portageville 35-14 at halftime.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Thu, Dec 6, 2012, at 8:11 PM

Charleston outscored ND 27-4 in the 3rd qtr ... 62-30

-- Posted by Commodore_3 on Thu, Dec 6, 2012, at 8:12 PM

Charleston 69

ND 35

Final

-- Posted by Commodore_3 on Thu, Dec 6, 2012, at 8:21 PM

Can someone provide link to cape sikeston game please/?

-- Posted by stlscott on Thu, Dec 6, 2012, at 8:30 PM

Anyone know the score of the Poplar Bluff-NMCC game?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Thu, Dec 6, 2012, at 8:36 PM

http://socialstreamingplayer.crystalmedi...

Cape/Sikeston game

-- Posted by Commodore_3 on Thu, Dec 6, 2012, at 8:37 PM

http://socialstreamingplayer.crystalmedi...

-- Posted by Larry Doby on Thu, Dec 6, 2012, at 8:37 PM

Thanks guys

-- Posted by stlscott on Thu, Dec 6, 2012, at 8:44 PM

This will be ugly but I wanna hear it.

-- Posted by stlscott on Thu, Dec 6, 2012, at 8:44 PM

Text sponsored by First National Bank. The Kennett varsity girls basketball team defeated Portageville 69-35.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Thu, Dec 6, 2012, at 8:45 PM

Didn't pb win

-- Posted by BIGELW on Thu, Dec 6, 2012, at 8:47 PM

Yes beat New Madrid .. Big E

-- Posted by stlfan38 on Thu, Dec 6, 2012, at 8:50 PM

K thanks

-- Posted by BIGELW on Thu, Dec 6, 2012, at 8:52 PM

Anyone know sikeston/cape central score

-- Posted by Capecentral on Thu, Dec 6, 2012, at 8:56 PM

I think cape is getting beat 28-7 and no this isnt football

-- Posted by stlscott on Thu, Dec 6, 2012, at 8:58 PM

Sikeston is up by 23 with 3:00 to play in the first half. JT Jones just hit an NBA trey.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Thu, Dec 6, 2012, at 9:02 PM

Sikeston leads Cape 36-17 at halftime. Cape made a little run at the end of the 2nd qtr. to trim Sikeston's 24-point lead to 19.

What was the final score of the PB-NMCC game?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Thu, Dec 6, 2012, at 9:11 PM

This post sponsored by "The Onion"... PB calculated 61 points while NMCC was only able to calculate 59.

-- Posted by Larry Doby on Thu, Dec 6, 2012, at 9:16 PM

JT Jones is proving to be better than Jamal Cox.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Thu, Dec 6, 2012, at 9:16 PM

Thanks Larry. Anybody know how the Caruthersville-Senath game turned out?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Thu, Dec 6, 2012, at 9:21 PM

Cville won 96-58 if I remember correctly.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Thu, Dec 6, 2012, at 9:27 PM

Thanks Cheesehead. Have you moved to Dudley yet?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Thu, Dec 6, 2012, at 9:30 PM

Np Preach! Nope

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Thu, Dec 6, 2012, at 9:31 PM

Just wondered if you might be at the BEC on Tuesday night for the Jackson-Dexter game if you had moved already.

Siketon over Cape 48-31 at the end of the 3rd qtr.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Thu, Dec 6, 2012, at 9:36 PM

Cape on a 6-0 run to start the 4th qtr. The lead is down to 11 with about 6:00 left in the game.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Thu, Dec 6, 2012, at 9:39 PM

Sikeston leads Cape 53-43 in the 4th qtr. with 4:25 left in the game. The Tigers have really outplayed the Bulldogs in the 2nd half.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Thu, Dec 6, 2012, at 9:46 PM

Sikeston as I beleive Sideline Starter said the other night when they beat Dexter isnt real impressive, in a full game.

-- Posted by stlscott on Thu, Dec 6, 2012, at 9:51 PM

Lost the feed! But back-on now. Sikeston now leads Cape 57-45 with 1:29 left in the game.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Thu, Dec 6, 2012, at 9:53 PM

61-52

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Dec 6, 2012, at 9:59 PM

Yes Scott it will be a long night against CHS tomorrow.SHS starts well but kinda collapses in the second.It's still early in the season they will have to work on that. My statement confirmed they are not ten deep. Yes they rotate ten guys at times but tonight the starters had to dig deep against a struggling Cape program.Looks like the Jays will be smiling on the sports page of the Standard Democrat Sunday issue.

-- Posted by stlfan38 on Thu, Dec 6, 2012, at 10:00 PM

Wha's the final score from the sikeston game didn't make it tonight had college final today but will be there tomorrow

-- Posted by head coach on Thu, Dec 6, 2012, at 10:01 PM

Final score Sikeston 61, Cape 52. The Tigers got as close as 9 points, but just too deep a hole to get out of. Silly fouls and turnovers really hurt the Bulldogs tonight. Kudos to Cape for continuing to play hard and get back in the game.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Thu, Dec 6, 2012, at 10:02 PM

JT Jones was the hero tonight for Sikeston. They don't win tonight without him playing as well as he did. He led all scorers with 27 points.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Thu, Dec 6, 2012, at 10:06 PM

Did sikeston press the whole game, and if so did central make alot of adjustments or was it all due to bulldogs getting a little sloppy? Just curious cause usually once sikeston gets their foot on the throat its hard to get loose.

-- Posted by squawdad on Thu, Dec 6, 2012, at 10:23 PM

Anybody remember my thought on Monday about coasting? It reared its ugly head again tonight. Sikeston is much better than the score indicates. They just have to keep their head in it once they get up. I may be the only one but I'm not quite ready to crown Charleston yet. If Sikeston plays with the intensity and focus they did in the first for four quarters, things can still be interesting. They just can't start coasting!

-- Posted by sideline starter on Thu, Dec 6, 2012, at 10:27 PM

But that intensity in the first quarter you seen is how Charleston plays all four quarters. Not counting sikeston out because it should be a well fought game by both of these impressive teams but I'm still leaning towards Charleston for the championship.

-- Posted by basketballfan33 on Thu, Dec 6, 2012, at 10:36 PM

Sikeston pulled off the press in the second half, but I'm not sure when. I know it was most if not all of the fourth quarter.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Thu, Dec 6, 2012, at 10:54 PM

The intensity I saw disappeared when the lead grew manageable. There won't be a huge lead for either team tomorrow. Thus, I don't see the intensity wearing down early.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Thu, Dec 6, 2012, at 11:22 PM

I'm with Sideline. If tonight's first quarter team shows up for all four quarters tomorrow night, then I believe Sikeston can win the game. It should be a great game to watch.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Thu, Dec 6, 2012, at 11:26 PM

I only watched part of the first period of the Sikeston-Cape game and what I saw was that Cape has no shooters. For the most part, they handled the press fairly well, just couldn't put the ball in the hole once they got it down the court; and, it wasn't due to the Sikeston pressure, several were wide open shots and they were just throwing up bricks.

-- Posted by birdfan on Thu, Dec 6, 2012, at 11:47 PM

Cape didn't hardly have any open looks any where on the court in the first quarter, and it was because of Sikeston's D. I would like to see Sikeston keep that intensity for four quarters whether pressing or in the 2-3.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Thu, Dec 6, 2012, at 11:55 PM

They used to say that about the old Mac Charleston teams. "We had some wide open looks but we couldn't make anything!".....I always reasoned that it was because when you finally do get an open shot when you are sped up from pressure defense, then you rush your shots, even if you're open. Perhaps that happened tonight with Cape Central? I bet if it was Charleston playing Cape tonight and they were missing wide open shots, it would be because of the great Charleston defense.

But thinking back, I don't remember just a ton of "wide open shots" by Cape Central. Sikeston had a BUNCH of wide open shots and they shot very poorly tonight.

-- Posted by semohoops on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 12:13 AM

Really surprised to see that sikeston had only 5 guys score.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 12:31 AM

Boy i like that JT Jones that kid is alot better than I thought, by far was best player on court tonight.

-- Posted by stlscott on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 5:12 AM

Like I said, guys, I only watched the first couple of minutes. When I got to the car and turned the radio on, Sikeston had already upped the lead to 15. I'm telling you, in the first couple of minutes, Cape got the ball down court rather easily and clanked some wide open shots. Again, watching a couple of minutes does not a game make...don't be so defensive, geeeeesh!!

-- Posted by birdfan on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 6:19 AM

Looks like that freshman guard from Central had 17 points..Not bad for a freshman in that environment.

-- Posted by bulletman on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 8:33 AM

My opinion is Sikeston played great team ball 1st half then the 2nd was alot of me ball and some team ball. For Charleston tonight it better be all team smart ball or it will be bad

-- Posted by TFA on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 8:39 AM

Risco over Delta C-7 86-77

-- Posted by bleachermania on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 10:31 AM

Word to the wise: I have a hunch folks wanting to see Sikeston-Charleston may want to show earlier than they expect. I don't know how good the seating will be once the third place game between Notre Dame and Cape Central starts. Poplar Bluff and Jackson open the night at 5:30. Post score updates all night here.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 3:47 PM

Junior high is having a dance tonight so that will cut down on a couple hundred kids and parents probably. I still recommend getting there early though. People are always left standing outside.

-- Posted by semohoops on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 4:25 PM

How many people fit in the Field House?

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 4:27 PM

At its peak they could cram in 3,000 people. They don't hardly do that any more. I'd say 2,500 comfortably.

-- Posted by semohoops on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 4:33 PM

Charleston scheduled their Christmas Parade for 6:00...lots of folks are under the impression they can make both events. I think they're sadly mistaken.

-- Posted by birdfan on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 5:19 PM

Does anybody know if the games are being streamed online?

-- Posted by Commodore_3 on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 5:38 PM

Anyone have an update?

-- Posted by basketballfan33 on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 7:16 PM

Text sponsored by First National Bank. The Doniphan varsity girls basketball team leads Kennett 12-11 after one quarter.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 7:24 PM

It is I...

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 7:37 PM

I am in Los Angeles but I really wish that I was in southeastern MO. tonight?! How can I watch/listen to the game online, please? Thanks.

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 7:38 PM

Text sponsored by First National Bank. The Kennett varsity girls basketball team leads Doniphan 27-22 at halftime.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 7:45 PM

O.k. I guess that everyone must be at the game: LUCKY!

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 7:48 PM

Ąt the half Oran leads Scott City 46-32.

-- Posted by Larry Doby on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 7:55 PM

How can I listen to the game on the radio or watch online, please? Anybody?

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 8:03 PM

Bernie leads Gideon 50-17 at half

-- Posted by bluemules89 on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 8:06 PM

If you can find 105.3 online, that broadcasts Charleston. 1520 for Sikeston.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 8:11 PM

Game started yet?

-- Posted by RRT1 on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 8:14 PM

Text sponsored by First National Bank. Doniphan leads the Kennett varsity girls 34-33 at the end of the third quarter.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 8:16 PM

Thanks, yah-yah.

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 8:20 PM

I can't find it! DAGNABIT!

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 8:26 PM

Me either!!

-- Posted by RRT1 on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 8:29 PM

Oh, well. I guess that I will go to the Long Beach Poly High (Long Beach, CA.) vs. Clovis North (Fresno, CA.) playoff football game. I will have to check back later or text my family back home. Enjoy everyone.

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 8:32 PM

Oran defeats Scott City 88-63.

-- Posted by Larry Doby on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 8:37 PM

CHS and SHS haven't started it's the last game at 9.

-- Posted by stlfan38 on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 8:40 PM

Malden defeats Campbell 82-50

-- Posted by MaldenGreenwaveSports on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 8:43 PM

@stlfan38 what is the score of the 3rd place game

-- Posted by kdjones on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 8:44 PM

Bernie beat Gideon 78-33

-- Posted by bluemules89 on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 8:44 PM

@Malden, how may points did "Big Man" have

-- Posted by kdjones on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 8:44 PM

Text sponsored by First National Bank. Doniphan defeated the Kennett varsity girls basketball team 52-46.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 8:48 PM

Perkins had 16 or more can't remember

Criglar had 16

Dobbins had 22

McCoy had 16

G.Jones had 6

I forget the rest

-- Posted by basketballfan33 on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 8:48 PM

thanks, balanced scoring

-- Posted by kdjones on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 8:49 PM

Leopold defeats Bell City 97-31

-- Posted by Cottontop on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 9:09 PM

CHS an SHS game early 7 to 6

-- Posted by stlfan38 on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 9:10 PM

CT/ND final score?

-- Posted by DukePhan on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 9:15 PM

Holcomb over Cooter 83-28

-- Posted by Hornets on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 9:20 PM

its on www.929theriver.com sounds like sikeston is playing a heck of a game so far

-- Posted by kmasters on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 9:24 PM

Sikeston up 33-21

-- Posted by stlfan38 on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 9:26 PM

Sikeston/charleston score

-- Posted by Capecentral on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 9:27 PM

Hayti 61, Portageville 59. Game winning shot at the buzzer for Hayti. Only lead of the game. Portageville led 21-5 after first quarter.

-- Posted by Pete Czeria on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 9:28 PM

South Pemiscot varsity boys defeated East Prairie 94-45.

Hayti varsity boys defeated Portageville 61-59.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 9:34 PM

For those who are asking, the announcer for the Sikeston Charleston game just announced the other scores from tonight.

PB over Jackson, I think he said 61-55

Central over ND 54-43

-- Posted by Commodore_3 on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 9:35 PM

Thanks Commodore. Suffice to say, Jackson is underachieving. Any details on the first half of the Sikeston game are appreciated!

-- Posted by DukePhan on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 9:39 PM

good win for oran tonight congrats

-- Posted by kmasters on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 9:43 PM

16 point lead for sikeston

-- Posted by kmasters on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 9:44 PM

SHS played a flawless first half dont collapse they will win

-- Posted by stlfan38 on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 9:44 PM

Clarkton defeats the Senath-Hornersville varsity boys basketball team 60-58.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 9:50 PM

lead only 8 for sikeston now

-- Posted by kmasters on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 9:51 PM

Sikeston is letting CHS make a run

-- Posted by stlfan38 on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 9:59 PM

thats was stupid of the ctown fan throwing a bottle onto the court

-- Posted by kmasters on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 10:01 PM

sikeston is out hustling ctown so far,

-- Posted by kmasters on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 10:02 PM

Sikeston needs to play the stall game

-- Posted by stlfan38 on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 10:06 PM

Score?

-- Posted by V,B on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 10:08 PM

sikeston up 7

-- Posted by Larry Doby on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 10:10 PM

up 4 now 1:10 to go 64-60

-- Posted by Larry Doby on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 10:12 PM

yes sikeston is taking some dumb shots here late in the game

-- Posted by kmasters on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 10:14 PM

Sounds like Sikeston is taking too many ill-advised shots when they should just be holding the ball. 64-61 Sikesston with a minute left.

-- Posted by Commodore_3 on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 10:14 PM

sikeston deserved this game they played awesome.good job to both teams

-- Posted by kmasters on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 10:17 PM

My thoughts on tonight's SEMO Conference Tourney games: Sikeston beat Charleston tonight with defense and the Jays had no answer to JT Jones on the inside. Cape Central is just better than Notre Dame, although still only 3rd best team in the conference. Jackson had yet another 2nd half collapse, as Bluff just dominated. And NMCC, what happened?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 11:55 PM

stlfan just can't stand it....going to find something negative to say. 30-0 should have played man to man. U don't think that Holifield addressed it? Maybe the moment took over and its a learning process for both teams. There are going to be mistakes made mentally and physically in this type of atmosphere and whats at stake. U just can't let your personal dig on Holifield go. No matter how good the Bulldogs do.

-- Posted by barkleyfan on Sat, Dec 8, 2012, at 12:52 AM

Anyone get a score on Chaffee at woodland

-- Posted by asdf1234 on Sat, Dec 8, 2012, at 5:33 AM

KFVS has Chaffee 65 Woodland 58.

-- Posted by scuddog52 on Sat, Dec 8, 2012, at 5:43 AM

Congratulations to Sikeston. Good job. However, we shall meet again in our 'hood next time: BEWARE! Also, you do not have to be undefeated to win a state championship as we have proven before. It would be nice if we could win state champiohships in multiple classes this year pertaining to southeastern MO.

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Sat, Dec 8, 2012, at 12:16 PM

Twin Rivers over Portageville by about 15the today at TRC.

-- Posted by navinjohnson on Sat, Dec 8, 2012, at 6:28 PM

twin rivers must be liget to play with portageville .

-- Posted by exoball on Sat, Dec 8, 2012, at 6:40 PM

christmas tournament at bloomfield might be interresting this year.

-- Posted by exoball on Sat, Dec 8, 2012, at 6:51 PM

South Pemiscot varsity boys defeat Dyersburg, Tenn., 51-38 Saturday.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Sat, Dec 8, 2012, at 10:30 PM

I have been telling everybody T Rivers was Liget!

-- Posted by BBfanatic on Sun, Dec 9, 2012, at 12:16 AM

I think Hayti is legit.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Sun, Dec 9, 2012, at 3:17 AM

Based on the talent I've seen in Hayti's program all the way to seventh grade they may be fixing to have a historic run in the next five seasons.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Sun, Dec 9, 2012, at 3:20 AM

Its early in the season but Hayti, Bernie, Holcomb, Portageville once they get basketball legs, South Pemiscot could make some noise in 2a.

-- Posted by CoachMathis44 on Sun, Dec 9, 2012, at 9:13 AM

Dyersburg is not that good of a team compared to the average Semo teams. Caruthersville hammered them last year beating them by 30 I think. I'm surprised a school the size of Dyersburg can't produce a good basketball team. Still a good win for South Pem though. They are definitely moving in the right direction.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Mon, Dec 10, 2012, at 9:36 AM

Dyersburg used to be pretty stout not that long ago. A lot of the talent has been going to a nearby school there.

-- Posted by semohoops on Mon, Dec 10, 2012, at 9:44 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration. If you already have an account , enter your username and password below. Otherwise, click here to register.

Username:

Password:  (Forgot your password?)

Your comments:
Please be respectful of others and try to stay on topic.