3. Oak Ridge

4. Perryville

5. Woodland

6. Delta

7. Meadow Heights

8. Zalma

Any thoughts?

Replies (30)

• I give Leopold an edge but I think any of the top 4 are capable of winning the championship.

-- Posted by Ronnie1 on Thu, Nov 15, 2012, at 8:44 AM
  • I agree Ronnie1, but I am surprised that Perryville fell to the #4 seed. They had such a good team last season. Anyone know the dates on this tourney?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Thu, Nov 15, 2012, at 10:06 AM

The date for the tourney is: November 26th - 30th.

I haven't heard the schedule of the games yet.

Should be a good tournament. Good luck to all for a safe and successful season.

-- Posted by goBIGblue on Thu, Nov 15, 2012, at 10:16 AM
  • Leopold is the clear favorite here.

Don't know how Scott City got the two seed as I would give the edge to Oak Ridge and Perryville over them. Without Fortner and Essner Scott City is going to be really small in the front court.

I predict Oak Ridge over Scott City by 8-10, but a lot of it depends on how each team defends the other.

Perryville will be the surprise team of the tournament. I don't think they bring back any varsity players from last year, but they do bring up a really talented group from their JV. They have a 6'7-8 kid named Shurmer(spelling) who might be the second or third best player in the field.

I think experience will get them in the second round against Leopold, who should win by 15-20.

Leopold will beat Oak Ridge by 5-10 for first

Perryville's size will get to Scott City in the third place game.

Woodland should win the consolation side with a young team, but wouldn't be surprised to see a well coached Delta team pull it off.

-- Posted by El Burro on Thu, Nov 15, 2012, at 11:05 AM
  • asd...SC would be small even with Fortner and Essner. Fortner is only 6'1" and Essner is 5'9". Not alot of help size wise but I agree 100%, they will definately be missed along with the other 5 seniors who have decided not to play this year.

Last years returning starters have improved greatly and imo can play with anyone. It will all hinge on who can step into the other two starting roles. I think my son, Jesse, will be leaned upon to play a different role this year because of our lack of size. He's grown and is a bit over 6' now and probably will be giving up the PG spot. Time will tell.

SC should be fun to watch this year. We will miss Zach for sure but I think we'll do well even without him. As I said before, we won't be quite as dependant on one player. That's just my opinion, I'm not bashing Cotner. He was an awesome player and as athletic as almost anyone in the area. Robert's leadership will be missed immensly also.

-- Posted by Ronnie1 on Thu, Nov 15, 2012, at 4:36 PM
  • Ronnie1, why are so many seniors not playing this season after the great season SC had last year?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Thu, Nov 15, 2012, at 6:31 PM
  • It's not just the seniors Preach...only 3 juniors and 3 sophs too...6 freshmen. No idea what the reason is. Some of those seniors have been playing since third grade and to quit as a senior???????????

-- Posted by Ronnie1 on Thu, Nov 15, 2012, at 7:52 PM
  • So how many boys are playing ball at Scott City this year? Do they have enough for a JV and a Varsity?

-- Posted by bootheelhooper on Fri, Nov 16, 2012, at 7:35 PM
  • Barely...17 total. 4 seniors, 3 juniors, 3 sophmores, 7 freshmen. They had their annual "blue/gold" scrimmage last night and they looked pretty good I thought. The seniors really shined.

-- Posted by Ronnie1 on Sat, Nov 17, 2012, at 9:17 AM

Any thoughts on how the first night went?

I thought Woodland showed alot of improvement. They played with Perryville. If they could have cut down on the turnovers and made a few easy shots they very well could have pulled off the upset. The new coach at Woodland will have them competeing as the season goes on.

What are the thoughts on the games tonight?

Oak Ridge vs Delta?

Woodland vs Zalma?

-- Posted by goBIGblue on Tue, Nov 27, 2012, at 8:11 AM
  • Oak Ridge should win I think. That game will tell me alot about them. If they win big they'll give SC a challenge. If its a squeaker I'll be a bit more confident.

Woodland should beat Zalma to set up probably a Woodland/Delta consolation game.

-- Posted by Ronnie1 on Tue, Nov 27, 2012, at 8:19 AM
  • Oak Ridge should pull this one out, even though they will be shorthanded tonight.

Their 6'5-6 Center (not Below) will be out tonight, he is out of state with something to do with a college he is going to. Thats just what I heard over Thanksgiving break. He will be back for Thursdays game.

It may be closer than originally thought, especially if Oak Ridge gets into foul trouble, but i think Deltas lack of depth will prove costly in the end.

-- Posted by OAKRIDGEBLUJAYS on Tue, Nov 27, 2012, at 10:12 AM
  • I agree.

-- Posted by Ronnie1 on Tue, Nov 27, 2012, at 11:07 AM
  • Any news tonite? OR/Delta etc...

-- Posted by Ronnie1 on Tue, Nov 27, 2012, at 7:38 PM
  • 72 to 34 or 35.

Delta only had 5 players, OR only pressed about a qrtr and a half, otherwise it would have been really ugly. 23-5 after the first qrtr. I don't have a count but three players had to have 20 or right at it. Below dominated both sides of the floor, showed his athleticism with a two handed slam in the second qrtr.

The refs let a lot of fouls go, which they should have, so that delta wouldn't foul all their guys out. Definitely not griping about anything, I'm glad they called it the way they did, just pointing out that it did have something to do with the final score.

On another note, if someone is looking for a coach, they would be crazy to not call Deltas coach at the end of the year. For only having five guys, they were extremely disciplined on offense and played as well as they could on the other end.

-- Posted by OAKRIDGEBLUJAYS on Tue, Nov 27, 2012, at 8:09 PM

Who is coaching at Delta now?

-- Posted by Larry Doby on Tue, Nov 27, 2012, at 8:12 PM
  • The Semo preview says jimmy johnson

-- Posted by OAKRIDGEBLUJAYS on Tue, Nov 27, 2012, at 8:41 PM

Thank you

-- Posted by Larry Doby on Tue, Nov 27, 2012, at 8:57 PM
  • Sounds like SC will be the underdog Thursday vs. OR.

-- Posted by Ronnie1 on Wed, Nov 28, 2012, at 8:25 AM
  • Prediction: SC over OR by 12!

-- Posted by UFO on Wed, Nov 28, 2012, at 10:45 AM

I say SC over OR by 5 or less.

-- Posted by goBIGblue on Wed, Nov 28, 2012, at 10:59 AM
  • Looks as if most out here might give the edge to OR but w/o Fortner I say its a toss up.

-- Posted by Ronnie1 on Wed, Nov 28, 2012, at 5:11 PM
  • I believe Leopold, SC and Oak Ridge are all capable of beating each other on a given night.

-- Posted by UFO on Wed, Nov 28, 2012, at 11:29 PM

Any thoughts on the games for this evening?

Delta vs Meadow Heights

Leopold vs Perryville

SC vs Oak Ridge

-- Posted by goBIGblue on Thu, Nov 29, 2012, at 11:44 AM
  • Delta +7

Leopold +12

SC +3

-- Posted by Ronnie1 on Thu, Nov 29, 2012, at 1:06 PM
  • Delta by 10

Leopold by 15

OR by 7

-- Posted by sm0723 on Thu, Nov 29, 2012, at 1:58 PM

Woodland Tournament Games Tonight

Consolation Game @ 5:00 Woodland vs Meadow Heights

3rd Place Game @ 6:30 Perryvile vs Oak Ridge

Championship Game @ 8:00 Leopold vs Scott City

Any thoughts?

-- Posted by goBIGblue on Fri, Nov 30, 2012, at 7:40 AM
  • Mornin' Bigblue.

Woodland over MH (-10)

Oak Ridge over P'ville (+12)

Leopold and SC (I honestly think its a toss up, hinging on wether SC can slow down Kyle. I know he won't be shut down but for SC to win he must be slowed down. Also we need to step up the offense and have more guys contribute offensively.)

What are your thoughts?

-- Posted by Ronnie1 on Fri, Nov 30, 2012, at 7:50 AM

Good morning to you as well.

Woodland over MH by 15

Pville over Oak Ridge by 7. I think Oak Ridge will be some what back on track tonight but not fully.

The Leopold and SC game will be a good one. It could go either way. We had a balanced scoring game last night which we needed. It's always good to get everyone invloved. Kyle will be up for the game i'm sure. He always looks forward to playing against SC. I'm sure coach D will have something in mind to try and slow him down.

How's Jesse this morning?

Good luck tonight. I hope both teams play hard win or lose and it's a good game.

-- Posted by goBIGblue on Fri, Nov 30, 2012, at 10:23 AM
  • It will be hard fought I think either way. Jesse is fine, thanks. He needs to gorge on some bananas and pedialite before tonite's game! Hopefully that will fix the cramping problem.

Good luck tonite and pray for an injury free game.

-- Posted by Ronnie1 on Fri, Nov 30, 2012, at 12:43 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: