[semoball.com] Login | Register
Post reply Read replies (17) More threads Create thread

SEMO Conference Tourney Seeds
Posted by Kobeyashi on Tue, Nov 13, 2012, at 9:18 PM:

Meeting is tomorrow I believe? Here are my seeds in my mind... Feel free to give yours.

1.Sikeston

2.Charleston

3.Jackson

4.Cape Central

5.ND

6.New Madrid

7.Poplar Bluff

8.Dexter

How did I do? I think 5-7 are pretty interchangeable.

Replies

I like Charleston as the #1seed.. Defending Champs should more than likely get the nod for the top seed.. I like your picks for the rest of the tourney field.. Jackson should be strong this year I like them @3, but it could go either way with your 3and4spots.. I like Central(Cape) as well@3..

-- Posted by GotRingsDoU? on Tue, Nov 13, 2012, at 9:56 PM

1. Charleston

2. Sikeston

3. Jackson

4. Cape Central

5. NMCC

6. Notre Dame

7. Poplar Bluff

8. Dexter

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Nov 13, 2012, at 10:17 PM

I agree with Buck, but ND and NMCC could swap seeds.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Tue, Nov 13, 2012, at 10:38 PM

I'm ready for the Riverbend next week! I do think Charleston deserves the 1 seed to start the season.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Nov 13, 2012, at 10:40 PM

Me too cheese, me too!

Preach, how is Dexter looking this year!?

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Nov 13, 2012, at 10:52 PM

Charleston

Sikeston

Cape

Jackson (probably better than Cape, but not last year)

ND

NMCC (think they could be REALLY GOOD by districts)

Poplar Bluff

Dexter

-- Posted by Matt Foley (Agitator) on Wed, Nov 14, 2012, at 1:00 AM

Here are my seedings:

1. Charleston

2. Sikeston

3. Cape Central

4. Jackson

5. NMCC

6. Notre Dame

7. Poplar Bluff

8. Dexter

Seeds No. 3 to No. 6 could go in any order.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Wed, Nov 14, 2012, at 1:19 AM

I agree with Charleston first and I'm going to be at the Riverbend can't wait! Oh and Rocket if u get on here I saw your pic in paper I've seen u lots of times.

-- Posted by TFA on Wed, Nov 14, 2012, at 5:50 AM

TFA...I didn't see yesterday's paper. I'll check it out. Yeah, I'm pretty easy to find.

I'll be at the Riverbend too. Pretty excited about it...

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Wed, Nov 14, 2012, at 10:01 AM

Yah jays gotta be 1st and dawgz 2nd, beat us twice lastyear and won state. I think cape jaxon nd nmcc are interchangeable.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Wed, Nov 14, 2012, at 11:52 AM

Yeah, Charleston deserves the one and Sikeston the two I think Cape gets the nod for the three as a defending district champion since neither they nor Jackson seem significantly better than one another. Jackson comes in at four. Notre Dame and NMCC should be the five and six in some order. Poplar Bluff and Dexter probably have seven and eight respectively locked down.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Wed, Nov 14, 2012, at 1:17 PM

I'm not saying that PB is any better than the teams at the bottom but what the reasoning for putting Jackson ahead of them and to say that NMCC and ND are a whole lot better than PB. They did beat Jackson twice and lost to ND by 7 and twice to NMCC by 3 both games.

-- Posted by BIGELW on Wed, Nov 14, 2012, at 2:11 PM

I picked these right...

-- Posted by Matt Foley (Agitator) on Wed, Nov 14, 2012, at 11:37 PM

CT beat and shut down karson king and jackson in the summer league + they won district championship so i think the seedings are right. ND deserves to be the 5 based off last season even though NM is a better team this year.

-- Posted by CTFan on Thu, Nov 15, 2012, at 9:08 AM

CTFan, so seeds are based on last year's results and not the current year/tournament, i.e. ND & NM?? That's laughable.

-- Posted by Hemingway on Thu, Nov 15, 2012, at 9:18 AM

Buck, I'm afraid Dexter is going to struggle this year. One starter, Cody Neldon, is out for the season with a knee injury suffered in football. One, maybe two, other starters from last year may miss the start of the regular season also dealing with football injuries. We won't have much height inside either with our tallest starter going 6'3". If it tells you anything, we may have a freshman getting alot of varsity minutes this season. Our schedule doesn't help either as we play a killer early schedule with our first few games against Charleston, Sikeston, Jackson, and the SEMO Conference tourney.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Thu, Nov 15, 2012, at 9:59 AM

they can't decide the seeding short notice so no games have been played to decide who is better so they probally go off last year/what they have heard. i dont think ND or NM have played a game yet so its hard to decide. ND has a great coach but NM has great talent. it was a toss up and they favored ND.

-- Posted by CTFan on Thu, Nov 15, 2012, at 10:01 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration. If you already have an account , enter your username and password below. Otherwise, click here to register.

Username:

Password:  (Forgot your password?)

Your comments:
Please be respectful of others and try to stay on topic.