2. Oran

3. Advance

4. Chaffee

5. Malden

6. Richland

7. Kelly

8. Bell City

Replies (32)

Look who's back on the board. Good to see you Doby.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Wed, Nov 7, 2012, at 9:25 PM
  • This should be a much better tourney than in years past. I think Oran and Advance could both give SCC a run for their money. Also, I think Malden could be a sleeper team this season.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Wed, Nov 7, 2012, at 10:15 PM
  • I agree regarding Malden.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Wed, Nov 7, 2012, at 10:39 PM

Sorry, swap Kelly and Richland.

-- Posted by Larry Doby on Thu, Nov 8, 2012, at 9:43 AM

I am looking forward to visiting Oran again! It will be a very interesting tournament this year.

-- Posted by catfish_162001 on Thu, Nov 8, 2012, at 1:49 PM
  • What are the dates on this tourney?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Thu, Nov 8, 2012, at 1:57 PM

11/26 - 11/30

-- Posted by Larry Doby on Thu, Nov 8, 2012, at 3:17 PM

Larry, do you know when the times/brackets will be available?

-- Posted by catfish_162001 on Mon, Nov 12, 2012, at 5:30 PM
  • Monday 11/26

5:00 (Game 1) (1) SCC -(8) BC

6:30 (Game 2) (2) Oran - (7) Richland

8:00 (Game 3) (3) Advance - (6) Kelly

Tuesday 11/27

6:00 (Game 4) (4) Chaffee - (5) Malden

8:30 (Game 5) Loser 2 - Loser 3

Thursday 11/29

5:00 (Game 6) Loser 1 - Loser 4

6:30 (Game 7) Winner 1 - Winner 4

8:00 (Game 8) Winner 2 - Winner 3

Friday 11/30

5:00 (Consolation) Winner 6 - Winner 5

6:30 (3rd place) Loser 7 - Loser 8

8:00 (Championship) Winner 7 - Winner 8

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Tue, Nov 13, 2012, at 3:33 AM

Thanks Uncle Charlie!

-- Posted by catfish_162001 on Tue, Nov 13, 2012, at 5:24 AM
  • I agree Preacher...Oran has a real shot to win it this year.

Does anyone know how SCC is looking this year? Considering the coaching issues they had.

-- Posted by waw1981 on Tue, Nov 13, 2012, at 10:56 PM
  • Waw1981, SCC has some question marks, including at the coaching position. The Braves only played basically 5 guys last season and they lost their two best players to graduation. So they will be young and inexperienced. They do have Otto Porter's little brother coming up as a freshman and it will be interesting to see if he plays varsity (which I expect him to do), and if so, how much and how effectively.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Thu, Nov 15, 2012, at 10:27 AM
  • Larandus Banks (spelling?) is undoubtedly the best player in the field, so they definitely have that going for them. Jalen Porter is back as well, and he can shoot it. They have a Blisset kid inside and a kid with the last name Brown, I believe, who is a decent guard.

Definitely not the talent they had last year. But coaching is the clear question here. They have never been as successful as they were with Cookson, and Kenyon Wright did everything the exact same way Cookson did it.

If you can remember, they had a lot of talent from 97-05, but they were never able to put it together, and a lot of that was that the coaches were never able to control the kids on and off the court the way that Cookson did.

I saw them play this summer, and though they were good, they would definitely not play like a traditional SCC from time to time.

I say good luck to Coach Staple, as it cannot be easy following Cookson and Wright, who took them to 5 straight final fours and four straight championships.

I think Oran pulls this one out at home. They have a lot of firepower with their shooters.

-- Posted by El Burro on Thu, Nov 15, 2012, at 11:14 AM
  • the seeds went just about right besides malden and chaffees game any thoughts on the scc and malden game?also the oran and advance game? should be some good games

-- Posted by kmasters on Tue, Nov 27, 2012, at 9:24 PM
  • asdf1234-- I agree about Scott County from 97-05 i played until 99 and there was talent there. It was not the same when Cookson left. As for now looks to me like Coach Staples has to settle in. have to remember that he was the assistant under Wright so he obviously knows the way.

As for this OIT tourney i think we are looking at an SCC Oran final that should be a pretty good game. I do believe that Oran will have the advantage this year and will be tough to beat.

-- Posted by waw1981 on Tue, Nov 27, 2012, at 9:58 PM
  • I noticed that Richard Forshee's name was not listed in the box scores of Richland's loss to Oran. Is the big man not playing for the Rebels this year or is he hurt?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Tue, Nov 27, 2012, at 11:07 PM

Preacher... I was wondering the same thing!!!

-- Posted by Haterade on Tue, Nov 27, 2012, at 11:14 PM

Richard Forshee's left foot was injured during practice a couple of weeks ago. He will be out for a while.

-- Posted by catfish_162001 on Wed, Nov 28, 2012, at 5:24 AM
  • What about that sophomore from Malden with 41 points ? Anyone know the rest of his stats like rebounds ect?

-- Posted by Ramfanman on Wed, Nov 28, 2012, at 5:36 PM

@ramfanman he had 11 rebounds

-- Posted by MaldenGreenwaveSports on Wed, Nov 28, 2012, at 7:45 PM
  • Does anyone know of radio or web coverage for tonight's game?

-- Posted by Ramfanman on Thu, Nov 29, 2012, at 5:22 PM
  • well scc and advance for the championship tomm night....advance will be tough....good job braves

-- Posted by kmasters on Thu, Nov 29, 2012, at 10:56 PM
  • Free throws and turnovers!!! A good loss tonight for the Oran Eagles. They came out too confident and thought going through the motions would get them a win tonight. Advance had the Eagles number tonight in every facet of the game. Oran did not make one shot from behind the arc tonight. Moore and Ressel were in foul trouble the whole first half and the offense was not executing. Barr dominated the inside game tonight. On top of this, Advance was getting to the hole with ease. A good reality check tonight for the Eagles. One thing I do know at this point is Oran is not the 5th best team in class 2. I still like the Eagles chances come district time however. A lot of time for improvement plus Advance is on the schedule at least once more and we all know Coach Shoemaker always saves his best hand for districts (hence the fact he didn't show Advance a press tonight.)

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Fri, Nov 30, 2012, at 12:45 AM
  • Advance is always very competitive. Sounds like they will be a handful again this year. I expect Oran will improve and gel as the season progresses.

-- Posted by UFO on Fri, Nov 30, 2012, at 6:42 AM
  • ok lets get some post on who is going to win this tourny.. advance will be tough to beat tonight but imo they will not have a answer for banks and that will hurt them i believe also porter and masters will have to step it up i predict scc by 8 imo

-- Posted by kmasters on Fri, Nov 30, 2012, at 5:03 PM
  • ok headed to the game lets go braves

-- Posted by kmasters on Fri, Nov 30, 2012, at 5:37 PM
  • Kmasters, I think this game comes down to Advance's guard play. Can they handle SCC's full-court press? If not, the Braves will cut down the nets one more time at the OIT. If yes, Barr and Below will be a handful for SCC and they could very well pull the upset.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Nov 30, 2012, at 6:03 PM
  • i like how scc handles the pressure when a team gets close they dont get raddled they keep playing their style of ball.... we really need that 5th player though.that could hurt us, we need a guard who stays in control and can handle the pressure..hopefully one will step up to the challenge... it will be another barn burmer dec 11th scc plays advance in their house,should be exciting

-- Posted by kmasters on Fri, Nov 30, 2012, at 10:59 PM
  • Kmasters -

I really think that 5th player is going to be Jeffrey Porter before the season is over. I saw him play last week against Covington and liked what I saw. He seemed a little timid and played like a freshman early, but you could tell he got a lot more comfortable as the game went on. He was aware of what needed to be done (literally postioning a teammate on one out of bounds play) and played within himself. Like his older brother, he doesn't have to be a scorer as a freshman....just play smart and do what is needed.

-- Posted by Crash Davis on Sat, Dec 1, 2012, at 12:34 AM
  • i agree crash 100%

-- Posted by kmasters on Sat, Dec 1, 2012, at 8:17 AM
  • Anyone know the who all made all tourney team at Oran

-- Posted by waveman on Sat, Dec 1, 2012, at 11:39 AM
  • sorry i mean anyone know who made the team

-- Posted by waveman on Sat, Dec 1, 2012, at 11:48 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: