Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: Week of Mar. 5 Basketball Scores

Posted by Dustin Ward on Tue, Mar 6, 2012, at 2:06 PM:

I'll provide live updates for the Hayti-Thayer boys basketball game Wednesday at 7:45 p.m.

Feel free to provided updates for the games you are attending on this thread.

Replies (266)

• Scc 20 Risco 11

-- Posted by BBfanatic on Tue, Mar 6, 2012, at 8:02 PM
  • Scc 22 Risco 13 after 1.

-- Posted by BBfanatic on Tue, Mar 6, 2012, at 8:04 PM
  • Sorry proud pa pa. I gotta pull for those Scott/Mississippi Conference teams. Risco has had an awesome season so far though. No matter how this game goes CONGRATS to both teams!

-- Posted by Ronnie1 on Tue, Mar 6, 2012, at 8:09 PM
  • Scc 46 to Risco 31 half

-- Posted by BBfanatic on Tue, Mar 6, 2012, at 8:25 PM

If people say who you play during the season doesn't matter, then look at what is happening in this game! Risco got so use to pushing the ball up court, shooting a ton of three's and getting the offensive boards. SCC is just as fast as them, plays good pressure defense, and rebounds well..The only thing that will keep SCC from winning this game is foul trouble... SCC is def the better of the two teams

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Mar 6, 2012, at 8:27 PM
  • Dang I'm kinda shocked I picked Risco by 10 looks like I may be wrong I watched both teams play scc must have got it together for tonite. Risco better change the game plan

-- Posted by B-ball-fan on Tue, Mar 6, 2012, at 8:32 PM
  • Anyone else think Risco is lucky to be only down 15? I thought SCC turned the ball over quite a bit more than usual

-- Posted by h20_boy on Tue, Mar 6, 2012, at 8:32 PM

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Tue, Mar 6, 2012, at 8:41 PM

DOM-Ination!

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Mar 6, 2012, at 8:52 PM

Dustin Ward

Didn't you say this was going to be a better game than Sikeston/SCC??

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Mar 6, 2012, at 8:53 PM

Just teasing you Dustin..

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Mar 6, 2012, at 8:54 PM
  • Scc86 Risco 65

-- Posted by BBfanatic on Tue, Mar 6, 2012, at 9:01 PM
  • Totally agree on the scheduling Cheese. Quite frankly Risco only played a handful of games against quality teams and lost every one of them with the exception of the first game against Holcomb where the Hornets were missing a starter, and late in the year against Hayti who self destructed at the FT line. Great season for the Tigers, but definitely a lesson learned I would think.

-- Posted by No sir on Tue, Mar 6, 2012, at 9:14 PM
  • Scc 100 Risco 76 final.

-- Posted by BBfanatic on Tue, Mar 6, 2012, at 9:15 PM
  • Scc 100 Risco 76 final.

-- Posted by BBfanatic on Tue, Mar 6, 2012, at 9:15 PM
  • Congrats to scc on well played game and to Risco on a record setting season

-- Posted by B-ball-fan on Tue, Mar 6, 2012, at 9:22 PM
  • dont hear much from mr dustin ward......... i guess because his predictions just didnt come true he better do something else besides talking basketball imo cause he way underestimated them braves,and they didnt even have otto but they did have dom though

-- Posted by kmasters on Tue, Mar 6, 2012, at 11:32 PM
  • kmasters

Actually after games we elect to write our stories instead of write on sports forums so we get the stories done by 2 a.m. and can go home.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 1:42 AM
  • As far as my thoughts on the game . . . I was surprised by the margin of victory.

My thoughts on SCC-Eminence for what is worth is I really like SCC's chances.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 1:44 AM
  • did it really offend you that much? so what if someone picked risco? if i pick eminence to win saturday will you want to beat me up? haha all this disrespect talk is goofy. go play the game and see what happens.

-- Posted by GSP on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:53 AM
  • I agree with GSP !! SCC is a great team but man their fans make it hard to cheer for them . Good thing they have a classy bunch of players and coaching staff . Good luck SCC !!

-- Posted by jpaawhite on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:14 AM
  • Now I'm not sure that's quite fair. Kmasters said one thing about "underestimated", not anything about "disrespect". Those are two different subjects. I don't see a bunch of talk about disrespect. Also, you might want to distinguish between SCC fans and fans of other teams who weigh in on the discussion in favor of SCC and then decide to debate in a somewhat over-the-top manner. And jpaawhite, you might want to look at some of your Risco fans first. Proud pa pa has been defending Risco with his verbal fists balled up all season long. And Risco had more than a few fans screaming at the refs on every call last night. Then you had one old man from Risco that seemed to be confronting SCC's assistant coach last night late in the 4th quarter. I can only imagine what he had to say.

-- Posted by mohican on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 11:28 AM
  • oh and like ya make it easy to cheer for risco,lol,ya talked trash all week until the spanking now its every excuse you can come up with,why you dont like scc... and that is fine you have that right just like i have the right to brag on the braves....like i said before risco players was top notched....they just got out played by a better team

-- Posted by kmasters on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 11:30 AM
  • Congrats Scott County Central.

Like I said all Year, Scott City is #1 in Class 1 until someone proves otherwise.

-- Posted by UFO on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 11:56 AM
  • "Scott County", My Bad.

-- Posted by UFO on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 11:57 AM
  • I'm not defending any other Risco fans . I know ours can be as bad as any. And I'm bot talking about the majority of SCC fans and your right the ones Im talking about may not be from SCC . The majority of SCC are very respectable but some that get on here and publicly trash another team and talk about how horrible they are is ridiculous and uncalled for . I think SCC has a great coaching staff and group of kids on that team and for the most part have a great bunch of fans . If you are on here bragging about SCC you have every right !! They gave earned it . I've spent a lot of time on here bragging about the Tigers as they had earned it . But bragging about ones team and degrading another team are totally different things . Yes I did say I thought Risco would be able to keep up with SCC and make it a good game and had a chance to beat them but that didnt happen and SCC proved once again they are the better team . But just because some of us Risco fans said we could play with SCC and had some quickness is by no means talking trash about SCC . Never once have I said anything bad about SCC . I really hope they do go go Columbia and represent SEMO and win another state title but try to show the other teams a little respect . Kmasters I'm in no ways making any excuses for why we got beat . We played horrible and SCC played great .

-- Posted by jpaawhite on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 12:07 PM
  • You don't think Scott County's DEFENSE had anything to do with this "Horrible" play do you?

Probably just happened to be an off night.

-- Posted by UFO on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 12:10 PM
  • Playing that brutal schedule SCC plays really showed against Risco. It's been almost 4 years since a Class 1 team beat them. Semi-finals 2008, Jefferson. Enuff said...

-- Posted by country-dude on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 12:11 PM
  • Usually when a team plays horrible it does have something to do with the other team playing great .

-- Posted by jpaawhite on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 12:18 PM
  • I agree that Risco has a good coaching staff and great kids. But for the most part have great fans? Huh? It's funny how you said it's hard to root for SCC because of their fans. I'm not from SCC and was pulling for Risco. But your fans make it hard to root for them. You guys have a horrible reputation for just screaming pretty bad things over and over many times about pretty obvious calls. Just being goofy. I heard many, many of your fans screaming how the refs cheated them out of the game! How is that possible?? They just thrashed you overe and over. There's no shame in getting beat bad by SCC. They are a machine. Many of the women were just as bad as the men. I was pretty shocked by that. It's just not a few. It was a lot. Face it, most of your fans are passionate, but don't have a clue about basketball.

-- Posted by paulm on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 12:24 PM
  • Once again Pual I'm not defending any of our fans here . I've never been to a game where fans do not holler at refs . What I'm talking about is those posters whether from SCC or not getting on here after the game and talking about how horrible their team is . A team that went 24-4 and only lost to one class 1 real theirselves . There is no shame in losing to SCC ! Great team and great coaching staff . You can be proud and brag about your team and even holler at refs without being disrespectful to your opponent .

-- Posted by jpaawhite on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 12:33 PM
  • they dont really think that risco is horrible because youd have to be a basketball dumb dumb to really believe that. they are having fun at the risco fans expense.

-- Posted by GSP on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 12:37 PM
  • Even though we had beaten Gideon twice this year there were still people on here picking Gideon to beat us in districts just as some people picked Risco to beat SCC . But you didn't see anyone talking about those people that picked Gideon were idiots or about how horrible Gideon is ! Picking Risco to win doesn't make anyone an idiot and Risco losing by 24 doesn't make Risco a horrible team. Just means we still have a lot of work to do and SCC is still the dominate class 1 team in the state .

-- Posted by jpaawhite on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 12:43 PM
  • which is what i said all year and risco fans wouldn't admit reality and just agree that scott county was the best team until someone dethrowned them... and so far nobody could.. someone posted an astonishing fact earlier.. the last time scott county lost to a class 1 team was against jefferson in 08

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 1:03 PM
  • Risco had a great year and you should be proud. Scott County is, Well, "Scott County".

-- Posted by UFO on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 1:10 PM
  • If anyone would like to post scores for the games they are attending tonight this is a great location to do so.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 1:30 PM
  • japaa, well said. Alot of teams in every Class are saying or thinking the same thing. Winners keep going on. Risco has nothing to be ashamed of. Fans? Fans are fans. Most of time, they want the win more than the kids. Fans and coaches usually love the game more than the kids. Problem? We don't play the games, kids do.

-- Posted by country-dude on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 2:34 PM
  • I agree Country-Dude and I think it seems worse in the smaller schools with their fans wanting to win more because basketball is all we have . Smaller communities and lots of family on the teams so we want badly to see them succeed ! I'm not gonna say I agreed with every call made by the refs last night but they by no means cost us anything last night . You really gotta have thick skin to be a ref around here and for the most part we have some good ones !

-- Posted by jpaawhite on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 2:50 PM
  • The Risco team has my every respect, always has. I'm just not sure it's fair for a Risco fan to say SCC fans make it hard to root for SCC. By no means am I talking about you jpaawhite, but when a couple of the Risco fans on here start out the season with a huge chip on their shoulder, well, it makes it very tempting for others to want to knock that chip off. It takes two sides to argue about something and I feel like a couple Risco fans on this forum made it very easy to argue with.

-- Posted by mohican on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 3:11 PM
  • Agreed Mohican !! I just hope for Risco's sake they didn't disrespect any of the young kids out there working there butts off every night . It's one thing for us fans to disrespect each other but let's keep the kids out of it . Im pretty sure the fan I have the most problem with this isn't even from SCC ! Hopefully we will meet again next year . Wouldn't mind getting to see them play each other in the reg season ! You guys should talk to coach Wright bout it !! We are needing to bulk up our schedule afterall !

-- Posted by jpaawhite on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 3:17 PM
  • Is there anybody more important on Semoball than me that is going to give updates on the Oran/Crossroads game? I don't really want to but I will.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 4:03 PM
  • Sounds good Jpaawhite. Congrat's to Risco on a great season. Who knows our teams might be in the same district next year. And I think a regular season game would be good for both teams.

-- Posted by mohican on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 5:42 PM
  • Thx ! And good luck to SCC ! Bring that title back to SEMO where it belongs . Yeah I know it would be great for us . We don't play many teams that press and it shows ! We played each other for a few seasons before you guys dropped us on some of our down years . We have a few promising years left so maybe they can make it happen whether in reg season or Sectionals .

-- Posted by jpaawhite on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 5:47 PM
  • jpaawhite- you're suppose to be sick with the flu and strep..get off semoball! lol congrats on a good season man!

-- Posted by h20_boy on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 6:30 PM
  • Thanks . Gets boring laying on this couch !! Lol hopefully just one more day of it !

-- Posted by jpaawhite on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 6:36 PM

Dustin, What's the South Pem girls score look like?

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 6:52 PM
  • Neelyville 34 South Pem 31 at half

-- Posted by jpaawhite on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 6:57 PM
  • jpaawhite risco has some very good kids,like i said in my other post congrats on a good year its just bad that game has to be a sectional game though good luck next year....ya dont have anything to hang your heads about it was a great season for risco

-- Posted by kmasters on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 7:04 PM
  • Thanks KMaster ! We have a some good sophomores that will step up next year but we are losing some great leaders . I believe Banks is gonna be a star for you guys as well !

-- Posted by jpaawhite on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 7:13 PM
  • it should be banks,porter,blissett,masters,and probably a johnson next year for scc they will have to step it up again,but they are getting some good experence this year so hopefully they can make another run next year also

-- Posted by kmasters on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 7:18 PM
  • are there any updates tonight isnt oran and scott city and charleston playing tonight?

-- Posted by kmasters on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 7:20 PM
  • NMCC vs. Seymour Final Score: 73-39 Seymour. Great season to the NMCC Lady Eagles!!!

-- Posted by Mrs.BuckMajor on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 7:23 PM
  • I'll have updates from the SC boys game, which is scheduled to start at 7:45.

-- Posted by Rachel Crader on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 7:26 PM
  • New Haven defeats Meadow Heights 49-48 in Class 2 girls action

-- Posted by MU_Tigers on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 7:28 PM

South Pem beat Neelyville 59-58

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 7:31 PM
  • rachel i new you wouldnt let us down lol

-- Posted by kmasters on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 7:32 PM
  • Crystal City girls defeat West County 46-40

-- Posted by MU_Tigers on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 7:34 PM
  • charleston is on 107.1 i believe

-- Posted by kmasters on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 7:34 PM
  • Way to go South Pem !

-- Posted by jpaawhite on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 7:35 PM
  • they are arguing about the uniforms in the charleston game....on the radio

-- Posted by kmasters on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 7:35 PM

Is there a link to that Charleston game?

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 7:37 PM
  • Thayer leads Hayti boys 6-0. 6:00 first.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 7:51 PM

Sorry, I was going to listen to the Hayti/Thayer game on the radio but the sports broadcaster doing the game is just horrible. I'll just have to find out who won later! First two minutes of the game, Hayti has 4 fouls, Thayer 0 and Hayti is down 6-3

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 7:52 PM

Oran leads crossroads after 1 13-6

-- Posted by Larry Doby on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 7:57 PM
  • charleston up by 8

-- Posted by kmasters on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 7:59 PM

Hayti has 6 fouls to 1 after 1st Quarter. Norris and Humes both have 2 fouls. Thayer leads 12-11 after 1

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:00 PM
  • After one Thayer leads Hayti 12-11.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:00 PM
  • After one Thayer leads Hayti 12-11.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:00 PM
  • hayti 6 team fouls thayer 1

-- Posted by haytiroyalty on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:00 PM

Thayer 12 Hayti 11 after 1

-- Posted by nimbus on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:00 PM
  • hayti 11 thayer 12

-- Posted by haytiroyalty on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:00 PM

Hayti needs to adjust to these state tourney officials. They will call anything that looks like a foul.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:01 PM
  • ill have to say the broadcast on the thayer radio station is easier to listen to.

-- Posted by haytiroyalty on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:02 PM

Link to the game?

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:02 PM

12-2 C'ton w/3 minutes left in 1st

-- Posted by birdfan on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:03 PM

Wow! Should have known Charleston was going to make quick work of them! They will have a smooth ride to the final four

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:04 PM
  • thanks for updates on both games

-- Posted by TigerMom14 on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:04 PM
  • Charleston: 20; Liberty: 08; End of 1st quarter

-- Posted by Mrs.BuckMajor on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:04 PM
  • charleston up 20 to 8

-- Posted by kmasters on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:05 PM
  • -- Posted by haytiroyalty on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:05 PM

I think Thayer leads Hayti 12-11 after one. Can anyone confirm? Hah.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:06 PM
  • hayti 17 thayer 16

-- Posted by haytiroyalty on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:07 PM
  • radio says the same

-- Posted by TigerMom14 on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:07 PM

haha Yeah, I don't think we posted that enough lol

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:07 PM

Crystal City leads 14-13 after one. Brock has essentially been the offense for SC in this game.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:07 PM
  • Crystal City leads Scott City 14-13 after one.

-- Posted by Rachel Crader on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:08 PM
  • Thanks for the link (www.kkountry.com); the Hayti announcers are absolutely horrible!

-- Posted by semo7178 on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:08 PM

Can we confirm that first quarter score of the SC game? I heard it was 14-13??? lol

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:08 PM
  • which radio station are you listening to Tigermom ? thanks!

-- Posted by Nathan Martin on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:10 PM
  • hayti 20 thayer 21

-- Posted by haytiroyalty on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:10 PM
  • Brock has 10 points.

-- Posted by Rachel Crader on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:11 PM

At half oran up 31-20

-- Posted by Larry Doby on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:12 PM

Lutheran North 26 Cardinal Ritter 18 2:25 eft in 2nd

Biedscheid has only 2 pts

-- Posted by nimbus on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:12 PM
  • wow another foul on hayti

-- Posted by haytiroyalty on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:13 PM

Way to go Oran. Hopefully, they'll keep that up. Maybe y'all can make a Final Four run Larry.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:13 PM

They better play smarter and adjust or they will get beat by free throws

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:13 PM

Jays in early foul trouble

-- Posted by birdfan on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:13 PM
  • hayti 20 thayer 22 214 left in ist half

-- Posted by haytiroyalty on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:13 PM

Charleston 28-19 4:21 2Q

-- Posted by Attaboy on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:14 PM
  • hayti 20 thayer 22 1:12 left in half

-- Posted by haytiroyalty on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:15 PM
  • NIMBUS- please keep me updated on the Ritter game please

-- Posted by Johnny "Drama" on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:16 PM

Will do! It is on Prepcasts.

-- Posted by nimbus on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:17 PM
  • At halftime Thater leads Hayti 24-22.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:17 PM
  • hayti 22 thayer 24 halftime

-- Posted by haytiroyalty on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:18 PM

One game at a time sideline. One game at a time. Don't want to take a chance on providing any bulletin board material.

Also, crossroads was down against Bismark and then came on strong in the 2nd half. We gotta finish.

-- Posted by Larry Doby on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:19 PM

Lutheran North 29 Cardinal Ritter 22 half

-- Posted by nimbus on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:19 PM

Cassell with 3 fouls

-- Posted by birdfan on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:20 PM
  • At the charleston game nimbus so watching this and trying fin out on that one and SC/CC

-- Posted by Johnny "Drama" on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:20 PM

Hence the 'maybe'. To any prospective Thayer/Hayti fans, I am not an Oran "fan". The comments of Sideline Starter only reflect his personal view and may only relate with views of other fans by coincidence. Please don't use my comments of possibility as a bulletin board material. Good enough disclaimer?

-- Posted by sideline starter on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:22 PM

CC-SC is close to half. I'll give you the score then Drama.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:23 PM

Larry,

I saw were MH lost another heart breaking playoff game. Can you comment?

-- Posted by gregbrown80 on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:23 PM
  • Charleston: 40; Liberty: 29; Halftime

-- Posted by Mrs.BuckMajor on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:24 PM

39-27 Jays. Officials aren't shy about blowing the whistle..both ways.

-- Posted by Attaboy on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:24 PM

Crystal City leads scott city 29-24 at half. Free throw shooting hurting sc. Gotta believe CC will take that lead considering their leading scorer Eli Sample has five or less points.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:25 PM

Sorry jckpride I cant

-- Posted by Larry Doby on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:26 PM

C'ton seems to play down to lesser competition

-- Posted by birdfan on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:27 PM
  • -- Posted by TigerMom14 on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:28 PM
  • hope oran can pull it off i really like the kids that play there they have some good talent,also i want charleston to win,as well as scott city.but saturdays game if sc and charleston both win i will have to take bluejays by 15,but on the upside a semo team will be in the final 4 in that class.....i just wish semo teams could of been representing in all classes at state imo

-- Posted by kmasters on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:30 PM
  • Ryan Brock scored 14 points in the first half for Scott City. Bad news for SC: Crystal City point guard Stacey Thorton was very effective driving in the first half and Jesse Sanders and Zach Cotner both picked up two fouls trying to guard him.

Good news for SC: The Rams play a pretty short rotation and they stayed in the game despite Sanders (primary ballhandler) sitting the entire second quarter and Cotner (leading scorer) sitting for a lot of the quarter. We'll see what happens as we get deep into the fourth quarter.

-- Posted by Rachel Crader on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:31 PM

Ctown definately not as sharp as they were against Kennett. I look for them to wear down Liberty.

-- Posted by Attaboy on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:31 PM
  • is the oran game on the radio? if so what station?

-- Posted by kmasters on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:31 PM
  • hayti 24 thayer 29

-- Posted by haytiroyalty on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:33 PM

Masters. 1520 am 98.9 FM or www.KRHW.com

-- Posted by Larry Doby on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:34 PM
  • im listening to the charleston game. they act surprised that the officials are blowing the whistle. i bet coach farmer is not surprised. liberty is playing them tough thus far.

-- Posted by GSP on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:36 PM

46-36 Ctown. 3Q. Tucker has 18

-- Posted by Attaboy on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:37 PM
  • hayti 27 thayer 33

-- Posted by haytiroyalty on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:38 PM
  • Thayer leads Hayti 33-29. 1:40 third.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:39 PM
  • hayti 29 thayer 33, thayer timeout

-- Posted by haytiroyalty on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:39 PM

He may not be surprised, but definatley not happy. He's in the officials ear.

-- Posted by Attaboy on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:39 PM

After 3 oran 41-36. Heuring has 4 fouls.

-- Posted by Larry Doby on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:40 PM
  • thanks larry

-- Posted by kmasters on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:40 PM
  • NIMBUS?????

-- Posted by Johnny "Drama" on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:41 PM
  • they need another big man to go along with huering imo

-- Posted by kmasters on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:41 PM

Ctown 54-38.

-- Posted by Attaboy on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:42 PM
  • i would expect hes been in their ear all night.

-- Posted by GSP on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:43 PM
  • sounds like a barn burner in the oran game

-- Posted by kmasters on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:43 PM
  • Thayer leads Hayti 33-31 after three.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:43 PM

Lutheran North by 4 after 3. Don't know the score. The announcers are awful.

-- Posted by nimbus on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:44 PM

Thayer seems to have control of the pace in their game.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:44 PM

Tuck picks up 3rd foul.

Liberty definatley tough on the boards and aren't rolling over.

-- Posted by Attaboy on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:47 PM
  • sounds like huering is having a great game go eagles

-- Posted by kmasters on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:47 PM

Lutheran North 44 Cardinal Ritter 38 with about 6 minutes to play

-- Posted by nimbus on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:48 PM
  • Thayer and Hayti tied at 35 with 5:45 remaining.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:48 PM
  • under 6 min left hayti 35 thayer 35

-- Posted by haytiroyalty on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:48 PM
  • sorry dustin, i feel like ur shadow

-- Posted by haytiroyalty on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:48 PM
  • Charleston is getting into foul trouble. It's a 9-point ball game. Let's hope they can keep the lead, and their main players will stay in.

-- Posted by Mrs.BuckMajor on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:49 PM
  • if oran wins how will they match up against hayti or thayer?

-- Posted by kmasters on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:49 PM

Crystal City leads after three 48-36. Eli Sample went off as expected and scores 15 in that quarter. Brock is keeping SC in the game with 20. Apparently playing for the last shot is "boring" according to the Rams fans. I call it smart play.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:50 PM
  • Thorton not a big deal in third, but Sample had 15 points in period.

-- Posted by Rachel Crader on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:50 PM
  • SC will shoot free throws rest of the way.

-- Posted by Rachel Crader on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:51 PM

Sounds like Charleston's whole team is going to foul out

-- Posted by birdfan on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:52 PM
  • Charleston: 58; Liberty: 48; End of 3rd. Greg Tucker hits a buzzer shot. The momentum is on Charleston's side.

-- Posted by Mrs.BuckMajor on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:52 PM
  • scott city needs to pick it up,now is the time to dig deep and leave it all on the court

-- Posted by kmasters on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:52 PM
  • SC has four team fouls.

-- Posted by Rachel Crader on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:53 PM

Brock has cooled down and Sample has caught fire in the SC-CC game.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:54 PM
  • Bird fan. Refs are giving a nice backwoods butt spanking.

-- Posted by Johnny "Drama" on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:54 PM
  • 39-37 Thayer. 1:56 remaining.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:54 PM
  • hayti down 2 with the ball under 2 min left

-- Posted by haytiroyalty on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:54 PM
  • Oran updates?

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:55 PM
  • 39-39. 1:34.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:55 PM

Up 4 1 min to go

-- Posted by Larry Doby on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:56 PM
  • Oran leads Crossroads 52-48 with less than a minute to go.

-- Posted by KevinWintersMorriss on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:56 PM
  • 39-39 hayti thayer, gonna be a great finish

-- Posted by haytiroyalty on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:56 PM
  • Nice. Thanks Larry.

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:56 PM

60-51 Jays-4th

-- Posted by Attaboy on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:56 PM
  • Sry nimbus but gotta know something.

-- Posted by Johnny "Drama" on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:56 PM

CC leads 54-41 with under six to go.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:57 PM
  • Oran leads Crossroads 54-51 with 34 seconds left

-- Posted by KevinWintersMorriss on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:57 PM

Lutheran North by 11 with 2 minutes to play

-- Posted by nimbus on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:57 PM

Up 3 34 sec

-- Posted by Larry Doby on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:57 PM
  • jerome thomas dunk for hayti!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now leading 41-39 over thayer

-- Posted by haytiroyalty on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 8:59 PM
  • Oran leads Crossroads 56-51 with 25 seconds left; Crossroads ball

-- Posted by KevinWintersMorriss on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:00 PM
  • Oran leads Crossroads 56-53 with 19.9 seconds left; Oran ball

-- Posted by KevinWintersMorriss on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:00 PM

19 sec up 3

-- Posted by Larry Doby on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:01 PM
  • come on eagles

-- Posted by kmasters on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:02 PM
  • Oran leads Crosswords 58-53

-- Posted by KevinWintersMorriss on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:03 PM
  • ^^^ Crosswords. Lol

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:04 PM

Let's go Oran! (Clap! Clap! ClapClapClap!)

-- Posted by sideline starter on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:04 PM
  • Oran leads Crossroads 58-54 with 9.4 seconds left; Oran ball

-- Posted by KevinWintersMorriss on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:04 PM

Lutheran North by 5, 50 sec to go

-- Posted by nimbus on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:04 PM
  • Hayti and Thayer head to overtime tied at 41.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:04 PM
  • Oran leads Crossroads 59-54 with 7 seconds left; Crossroads ball

-- Posted by KevinWintersMorriss on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:05 PM
  • Charleston is up by 14. Liberty is starting to get rough. The refs aren't having that. The last I heard, Liberty had almost 20 fouls as a team. It's looking like a Charleston victory. However, the refs seem to be trying to keep it fair. Who knows how it will turn out?

-- Posted by Mrs.BuckMajor on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:05 PM
  • FINAL -- Oran beats Crossroads 59-54

-- Posted by KevinWintersMorriss on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:05 PM

Sweet!!!!!

-- Posted by Larry Doby on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:05 PM
  • Nice!

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:05 PM

CHARLESTON IS PLAYING DOWN TO MVL LEVEL.....SIKESTON WOULD DESTROY THIS TEAM!!!!!! AND WE BEAT THEM TWICE!!! I CANT COMPLAIN, WE DID IT AT TIMES WHEN I PLAYED.

-- Posted by 11TIMEST.CHMPS@BLUEJAYS on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:05 PM
  • Congrats Oran!

-- Posted by BBfanatic on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:06 PM
  • seth ressell is agood ball player he will only get better since he is a sophmore he is the go to guy for oran now and in the future congrats eagles good win tonight keep it up

-- Posted by kmasters on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:06 PM

Good win Oran! I got to see a lot of Eagles basketball this season and I want them to keep this up! Congrats and Big Win!

-- Posted by Harry_Callahan on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:07 PM

Lutheran North 67 Cardinal Ritter 64; 20 secs

-- Posted by nimbus on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:08 PM

71-55 Jays

-- Posted by Attaboy on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:08 PM
  • how does oran match up with hayti or thayer? does anyone know

-- Posted by kmasters on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:09 PM
  • Nimbus?

-- Posted by Johnny "Drama" on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:09 PM

Lutheran North 69 Cardinal Ritter 67; 8 secs

-- Posted by nimbus on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:09 PM
  • where will oran play at next?????

-- Posted by kmasters on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:09 PM
  • Let's go Lutheran North!!

-- Posted by Johnny "Drama" on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:10 PM

Lutheran North 70 Cardinal Ritter 67 Final

-- Posted by nimbus on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:11 PM
  • Nice job, Oran!

-- Posted by joefrank78 on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:11 PM

Oran will pay at Dexter Saturday

-- Posted by nimbus on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:11 PM
  • at dexter saturday at 2:45

-- Posted by mule89 on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:11 PM

Thayer/Hayti

-- Posted by Larry Doby on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:12 PM

What happened in the SC vs CC game?

-- Posted by catfish_162001 on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:12 PM

Crystal City whoops Scott City 71-52. SC got flat outplayed by a better team tonight. Not shocked by this score at all.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:12 PM

Hayti up 2 in OT and at the line shooting

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:12 PM
  • Time cheese?

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:13 PM

Thanks Sideline

-- Posted by catfish_162001 on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:13 PM

1:44

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:14 PM
  • good season scott city

-- Posted by kmasters on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:14 PM

Hayti just can't play a game that doesn't end with a buzzer beater or overtime, can they?

-- Posted by sideline starter on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:14 PM
  • Charleston 74-64 final.

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:15 PM

LOL.. They don't lack drama that's for sure

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:15 PM

We are going to double overtime.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:15 PM

Double OT

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:16 PM
  • Hayti and Thayee head to second overtime tied at 43.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:16 PM

Hayti had their chances to put the game away at the line but they are shooting horrible tonight! Missed 4 straight free throws

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:17 PM
  • I remember Oran playing Thayer in regionals at P.B back in the late 90's I think. Oran fell behind by about 10 points in the first quarter and then played them even the rest of the way. Getting a crack at them again would be nice.

-- Posted by joefrank78 on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:17 PM
  • This is what the playoffs should be like in every game! I don't care for the 30pt beat downs like SCC put on Risco!!

-- Posted by exzalmanian on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:18 PM

Hayti up 45-43 with 3mins left

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:19 PM
  • very low scoring game with it being in the 2nd ot now

-- Posted by kmasters on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:20 PM

Thayer is a defensive team. Won their district final over Winona 45-41. Hayti up 47-43 with under two to go.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:22 PM

Hayti up 47-43 under 2 mins left.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:22 PM

47-46 Hayti with 1:15 to go.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:22 PM

47-46 with 1:20 left

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:22 PM
  • -- Posted by Larry Doby on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:24 PM

48-48 with 43 to go.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:24 PM

48-48 :43

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:25 PM

That's awesome Larry lol

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:25 PM
  • Way to go Oran ! Who would have thought they would ne this far early this year ? Great job Oran ! Congrats !! Now come on Hayti finish this game !

-- Posted by jpaawhite on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:25 PM

We are going to triple overtime.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:26 PM

TRIPLE OT

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:26 PM
  • Whayri and Thayer head to triple overtime tied at 48.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:26 PM

Whayri?

-- Posted by sideline starter on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:28 PM

LOL

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:28 PM

You forgot Thayee

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:29 PM

Hayti leads 52-49. It took until triple OT for these two teams to combine to score as much as SCC did against Risco.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:30 PM

I phone

-- Posted by Larry Doby on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:30 PM

Safe to say, they don't play nearly the pace SCC plays

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:30 PM

I'm always on iPhone so I'm used to knowing how to edit. We are tied 52-52.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:31 PM

Wow what a game! Go Hayti!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:32 PM
  • WOW!!!

-- Posted by exzalmanian on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:33 PM

56-52 Hayti still leads

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:33 PM

56-54 Hayti with under two to go.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:33 PM
  • now the hayti and thayer game is a barnburner

-- Posted by kmasters on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:33 PM

Hayti leads 60-54 with a little more than a minute to go.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:35 PM
  • 60-54 Hayti. 1:03 third overtime.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:35 PM

Hayti now pulling away.. I think Thayer is just flat out tired!

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:36 PM

Hayti now pulling away.. I think Thayer is just flat out tired!

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:36 PM

Hayti leads by seven with 24 to go.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:40 PM
  • wow what a game. the fellow doing the game on kkountry.com is very good!!

-- Posted by haytiroyalty on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:41 PM

Yeah I know..A lot better than the Hayti duo lol

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:41 PM

Heart Attack Hayti does it again winning 67-55 in triple overtime.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:43 PM

Looks like I'll be in Dexter Saturday!

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:44 PM
  • great job hayti and thayer! instant classic!! just glad to get some payback for the butt kickins they have given us in football the last couple years.

-- Posted by haytiroyalty on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:45 PM
  • Hayti defeats Thayer 67-55 in three overtimes.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:45 PM
  • Hayti's coach better not have a weak heart! You talk about livin' on the edge. I cannot believe they have made it this far!

-- Posted by paulm on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 10:34 PM
  • If you would have told me two months ago that Oran and Hayti were gonna play for the chance to go to Columbia I would have thought you were nuts !!! Gotta love March madness !! These teams are winning when it matters ! Congrats to both teams !

-- Posted by jpaawhite on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 10:40 PM

Well I can believe it! When this team plays together, good things happen! Wouldn't surprise me to see them make the state final.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 11:19 PM
  • Congrats to Coach Shoemaker and the rest of the Eagles on an crazy/outstading year. Only one more to go guys!

My thoughts on the game for what it's worth: Crossroads IMO with no disrepect intended, was below average. I honestly think two other teams in Oran's district would have had a legitimate shot to pull a victory off but this late in the season you'll take victory in any form.

Oran did not play that well tonight IMO. Heuring got in foul trouble which is understandable playing up north with the stricter officiating when your accustomed to the south's style of ball. Oran definitely didn't shoot the ball well. They had to have well around 15 turnovers. Anyways, like I said a win is a win and time to prepare for Sat. Hayti is the favorite in my opinion but this late in the season anything can happen which the Eagles have been proving already.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Thu, Mar 8, 2012, at 12:09 AM
  • Great Job Oran and Good luck on Saturday!

-- Posted by UFO on Thu, Mar 8, 2012, at 12:44 AM

Looks like Jays had a rough night Bird.. A win is a win. Congrats. Congrats to Hayti Go Indians...

-- Posted by stlfan38 on Thu, Mar 8, 2012, at 7:15 AM

"$hit Happens" lol

-- Posted by birdfan on Thu, Mar 8, 2012, at 9:39 AM
  • I didn't see crystal city and Scott city but if crystal handled then the way the score seems I think they could give charleston a good game

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Thu, Mar 8, 2012, at 9:52 AM
  • Some CC fans said that was their best game of the year. They may be peaking at the right time. I still think Charleston wins but if CC plays as well as they did vs. SC it could be a good game. They start 6'7" 6'5" 6'4" 6'3" 5'6". Big and most can shoot very well, even the 6'7" drained a couple 3s.

-- Posted by Ronnie1 on Thu, Mar 8, 2012, at 9:56 AM

I guess CC hadn't peaked to early.

-- Posted by Larry Doby on Thu, Mar 8, 2012, at 10:22 AM
  • Guess not.

-- Posted by Ronnie1 on Thu, Mar 8, 2012, at 11:31 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: