[semoball.com] Login | Register
Post reply Read replies (107) More threads Create thread

kennett vs charleston
Posted by squawdad on Thu, Mar 1, 2012, at 10:27 AM:

Ok people , thoughts and predictions? I think kennett has a better chance than we thought they would have a month ago. Charleston is great team , should be a good game.

Replies

Where is this game at?

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Thu, Mar 1, 2012, at 10:27 AM

It's in Bloomfield Ruby

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Thu, Mar 1, 2012, at 10:29 AM

I think Charleston will come out on top after it's all said and done. I think Kennett has the team to beat them but they can't come out flat in the 1st quarter against the Jays or it will be a long night for them. Can't get down by double digits against this Charleston team and expect to come back, they are clutch! I think Kennett is going to need Mitchel to have a huge game and Drake to step up in this game for them to get the upset! I like guys like Grathem in this game because his rebounding and hustle plays will be key for 2nd and 3rd chance scoring opp for Kennett. Charleston plays man defense and I see Mitchell handling it well and also Drake but how will the others step up for Kennett? I'm pulling for you though Kennett! Good Luck

Charleston 78

Kennett 70

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Thu, Mar 1, 2012, at 10:34 AM

Charleston 75, Kennett 55. No disrespect to Kennett at all I root for the Indians. I just think if Charleston plays defense the way they did last night Kennett will struggle. Cville had 4 quick guards that could drive and they struggled in the second half against that pressure. That is some of the best defense I've seen a Charleston team play in a very long time.

-- Posted by bootheelhooper on Thu, Mar 1, 2012, at 10:53 AM

I like Charleston by 15. Just too much for Kennett to handle. Props to Kennett though, district championship for 3 straight years. They will be a force to be reckon in the upcoming years.

-- Posted by froboy on Thu, Mar 1, 2012, at 10:54 AM

I'll say this, and no disrespect to C'ville, but Charleston needs to come out and play better than they did last night. Too many lazy passes and very poor from FT line. No room for error this time of the year. I expect C'ton to play a much more efficient game on Friday.

-- Posted by gerardo on Thu, Mar 1, 2012, at 12:10 PM

Just saw the box score.....12-25 from the charity stripe...really????? Probably the worst free throw shooting game of the year for the Jays. If they return to form vs Kennett, Jays will win by double digits.

-- Posted by birdfan on Thu, Mar 1, 2012, at 12:24 PM

Not only was it the worst FT shooting game and Turnover game of the year, but it was also their worst defensive game. With the exception of one qtr they played defense lazy, as a team. Play like that again and it could be a recipe for an upset indeed.

-- Posted by I.P. Freely on Thu, Mar 1, 2012, at 12:33 PM

The majority of the free throws missed was in the fourth quarter and Parham shot the majority of the free throws late in the game. Tucker was on point from the FT line like always. I'd like to think Cville's defense played a part in Charleston troubles last night other than the FT shooting. Even if they don't play their best game, I still expect them to beat Kennett unless they overlook them and not come to play, but any of Farmers teams will come to play, thats for sure

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Thu, Mar 1, 2012, at 12:34 PM

Just glad the Jays made it to the championship. I had to miss last night's game so it was gratifying to see the Jays live for another day.

If the Jays continue to advance, I'm going to have so many conflicts with game days that I'll only be able to make one more.

-- Posted by birdfan on Thu, Mar 1, 2012, at 12:53 PM

These two teams met at Charleston about a month ago. Charleston won by 14. Hopefully, at a neutral court (although Charleston brings a good crowd wherever they play) it will be a closer game. If Kennett plays like they did last night in the second half, it will be a close one. If they play like they did on Monday, it will be an easy Bluejay victory.

-- Posted by DW in KenMO on Thu, Mar 1, 2012, at 12:55 PM

I.P. those Cville guards made a lot of people throw it away this year and they are pretty tough to guard. You should get out there and try to guard Monroe sometime since you think it is so easy. I think Charleston just beat the second best team in the district. I'd like to see Kennett keep this one close but I think Cville had the best lineup to play with Charleston. Now that the Jays dodged that bullet I think they will make quick work of Kennett.

-- Posted by bootheelhooper on Thu, Mar 1, 2012, at 1:20 PM

I agree cheese. C'ville played very good defense and you have to give them credit. You have alot to look forward to in the two years. If you can get 2-3 guys to step up and give Monroe some support that team will be hard to beat.

Scott- Here is my prediction. Charleston over Ritter in the finals and Sikeston over Soldan.

-- Posted by gerardo on Thu, Mar 1, 2012, at 1:40 PM

Charleston will have no trouble getting to the championship game. That half of the bracket is simply weak. However, I expect Ritter to beat them handily in the championship game.

-- Posted by nimbus on Thu, Mar 1, 2012, at 1:56 PM

Charleston 71 Kennett 58

I think the Jays will shoot well from the perimeter and the Indians will have trouble scoring, especially if the Jays play D like they did in the second half of the Cville game.

-- Posted by Matt Duckworth on Thu, Mar 1, 2012, at 2:24 PM

Time will tell... Alot of games to still to be played before any championship game. Should they meet, I wouldn't expect a lopsided affair. Ritter has the best player but when you bet against Charleston in the finals, more times then not you have come up on the short end over the years. As I said, lets not put the cart before the horse. Any team can lose on any given night from here on out.

-- Posted by gerardo on Thu, Mar 1, 2012, at 2:28 PM

I've gotta go with Kennett by 10+ with their subs in the last quarter.

-- Posted by Pete Sims on Thu, Mar 1, 2012, at 3:31 PM

Is this friday?

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Thu, Mar 1, 2012, at 3:48 PM

Yes

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Thu, Mar 1, 2012, at 3:54 PM

Pete, you're either delusional or a genius. Common sense says no way the Jays lose by 10+ to Kennett. I predict a Charleston blowout on the heels of the C'ville wakeup call. Coach Farmer is no doubt turning up the heat at practice today.

-- Posted by semotexex on Thu, Mar 1, 2012, at 4:22 PM

Charleston

-- Posted by TFA on Thu, Mar 1, 2012, at 4:40 PM

scott....I've read several of your posts on this blog doubting Charleston's ability to win. I guess that due to the fact that they have lost only two games, this year, that makes them very vulnerable in every game they play. Let's see...they've only beaten Sikeston twice on Sikeston's home floor; only beaten Notre Dame twice, Cape Central twice, Caruthersville twice, Meridian IL on their home floor, Massac County IL on their home floor where they had to beat the refs, too, etc., etc.

Yeah, I can see your point....Charleston's just not that good. They must be an anomaly.

-- Posted by birdfan on Thu, Mar 1, 2012, at 4:50 PM

Hooper, I never discredited the play of C'ville's guards or Mr. Monroe. All I'm saying is that you could tell that the Jays played lazy defensively, with the exception of the 3rd qtr, compared to what the Bluejays have done the whole year. Overall though I thought that Scott and Carter did a pretty good job against Monroe. He is a special talent and deserving of all the talk he receives. I'll say it again. Poor FT shooting, poor defense, and unforced turnovers will be a recipe for an upset should the Jays play that way anytime in the near future.

-- Posted by I.P. Freely on Thu, Mar 1, 2012, at 5:01 PM

Charleston is a great team top to bottom for a public school. it will be hard for any team in 3A to beat them. kennett played them pretty good at Charleston, if they play that good tomorrow night they might have a chance, but highly unlikely. man civill played them one heck of a. good game, you couldn't ask for much better from cvill. Charleston had all they wanted last night. cardinal ritter will be hard to beat I'm sure.

-- Posted by INDIAN DAWG on Thu, Mar 1, 2012, at 9:06 PM

Charleston handily.

-- Posted by GreatFun on Thu, Mar 1, 2012, at 9:09 PM

anyone know what time the game is tomorrow night

-- Posted by INDIAN DAWG on Thu, Mar 1, 2012, at 9:13 PM

boys game at 7:30

-- Posted by birdfan on Thu, Mar 1, 2012, at 9:21 PM

KENNETT (K'TOWN) INDIANS FOR THE UPSET .... UPSET CITY BABYYY (DICKIE V VOICE)

-- Posted by EGGSHADY2012 on Thu, Mar 1, 2012, at 9:22 PM

Blue Jays will have to take better care of the ball. Cville gave us all we could handle. Kennett has a nice bigman in the paint. He isn't a Monroe but can cause some problems. Will be a good game. But I think we can win. Good luck to both teams. Who will win the girls game? I'll take NMCC......

-- Posted by pe-co85 on Thu, Mar 1, 2012, at 9:37 PM

scott if you think Charleston is not very good what is your opinion on the rest of the basketball teams in SE missouri. I think you make stupid comments like that just to get a reaction or you don't know much about basketball. I haven't seen Kennett play this your but do know that Ctown will be bringing the pressure on defense. does anyone know how tucker's injury is

-- Posted by runner50 on Thu, Mar 1, 2012, at 9:44 PM

I dont care what Charleston's record is, I would be shocked if they won a state championship this year.

-- Posted by DaleDoback on Thu, Mar 1, 2012, at 9:56 PM

Kennett only shot 8 for 19 (42%)from the charity stripe on wednesday. If they want to try to pull off the uspet friday they will have to do better from the line. If Primer has a repeat performance and Mitchell can do what he's done all year than Kennett may be able to keep it close enough to pull off the upset. They will definitely have their work cut out for them b/c charleston is a great team. Either way i'm rooting for the winner of this game after tomorrow night as well as the rest of the SEMO teams that advance past districts.

-- Posted by phi365 on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 12:13 AM

I wasn't at the game but an official who was there told me that Tucker was a bit rusty. The more he plays, the better the Jays will get as he knocks his rust off; I would think that a game or two will do the trick.

-- Posted by birdfan on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 6:38 AM

Friday night's game will be on http://www.yhctv.com/index.html

-- Posted by nimbus on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 8:06 AM

He had 19 points, not to rusty if you ask me!

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 8:21 AM

Charleston decides this game. They have got to start playing like they did when they beat Sikeston if they want to blow this game out. If not they win a squeaker and if Kennett is really on there maybe is an upset by the Indians.

-- Posted by X-Man on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 8:35 AM

I would love to go to this game but I'm going to Hayti and support the Indians. I'll watch the replay when Yhctv uploads it on youtube. I see Charleston taking this game though. However, Kennett is very well coached and NEVER count them out.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 8:46 AM

CHARLESTON-65

KENNETT-49

People, if CARDINAL RITTER was that good,don't you think they would be ranked no.1 in the class 3 poll? Trust the voters KNOW who Charleston is,state trips and all,history and tradition and may have caught a glimpse of a game or two. They are saying Ritter is good with a dominant player but Charlestons D and they have a great player in Tucker too.

-- Posted by LU BLUETIGERS on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 9:05 AM

We have to make it first....fans, we must think like the players.

-- Posted by LU BLUETIGERS on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 9:06 AM

1994: "No way Charleston beats Vashaun, Bobo,Mason, their center is 6'4 and lanky"..lol

CHARLESTON-48

VASHAUN-25

Ask Coach Mac.

-- Posted by LU BLUETIGERS on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 9:10 AM

LUBlue

It's just these Stl area posters that talk up their local teams. They know Charleston is a legit contender for the title this year. The same people were saying Desoto was going to beat Sikeston, look how that turned out! Everyone knows how good Charleston is this year! I guess they saw that Cville played them tough and they are thinking they aren't any good but Cville and Charleston is usually a good game because of the high caliber athletes on each team. Semo is loaded with talent and just because most Semo area teams don't have a 6'7 player, they think the Semo teams can't compete with the Stl teams. I just have to say, I like SEMO's chances at state this year in Class 3 and 4.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 9:14 AM

I agree Cheese. In the future i think there will be more C'ville and Charleston battles, and i'm not sucking up. I mean the near future.

-- Posted by LU BLUETIGERS on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 9:20 AM

LU BLUETIGERS-

Who do you think votes in the poll? How many of them do you think have seen either team play this year?

-- Posted by Rufus R. Jones on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 9:51 AM

I see CHS winning.I will give them 10 up.Provided that Tuck is 100%.Which Cassell has picked jis game up too.I think Kennet will come out with intensity but the clutch leadership will revail.Should be a good game.

-- Posted by stlfan38 on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 10:05 AM

Common opponents can be very misleading...but, for the sake of argument:

Last week, Charleston beat Doniphan on Doniphan's home floor without the services of Tucker and Gray and a limited Scott.

Just a few days before, Kennett squeaks by Doniphan on Kennett's home floor. In the semis, Kennett beats Doniphan on a neutral court by less than 10.

Now, Charleston has Tucker, Gray and Scott back...maybe not at 100% but effective, nonetheless. For Kennett to win, I think it would take a monumental effort on their part and an off night by Charleston....that being said, it's entirely possible that this could happen...that's why we play the game.

-- Posted by birdfan on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 10:15 AM

That's one thing we can agree on Birdfan.. Common opponents mean absolutely nothing. Example:

Hayti beat Cville by 9 in the BCT

Bernie beat Hayti by 29

Cville beat Bernie by 23

So for the sake of arguing over common opponents, that's a +1 for not meaning to much lol

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 10:22 AM

stlfan38, you are correct and kennett beat cville on their home court early on when cville had all of their guys and healthy by I believe double digits . jus sayin! could be good or could be predictable we will see how it plays out . Whoever wins it has been a blessing to watch the best basketball in the state here in semo this year!

-- Posted by squawdad on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 10:30 AM

Not only common opponents, but 2nd or 3rd meetings between two teams:

Charleston beat Cape Central twice on a neutral court by double digits, then lose to them on their home floor

Charleston beat C'ville fairly convincingly at C'ton, then C'ville gave them all they wanted, and more, on Wednesday night.

So, based upon the second statement, I hope the Jays don't think tonight's game is an automatice since they beat Kennett by 14 in an earlier matchup.

-- Posted by birdfan on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 10:30 AM

Squawdad, Cville was without Claude Taylor, Belton McWilliams and Tyler Cobb for that game!

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 10:32 AM

But I agree! Some of the best basketball is played here in Semo!

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 10:54 AM

I was at that Vashon game in 1994, and Charleston's win was no surprise to that many people. Of course they lost to Borgia a couple of weeks later.

I went to every Charleston game from 1991 to 1995, so I am definitely a fan. Therefore, I'll state without any reservations that this year's team wouldn't fare very well against most of Coach Mac's teams, and comparisons to 1994 aren't relevant, anyway.

The Jays have a few 5-10 points wins over some teams that aren't that good (i.e, Carbondale, Scott City), especially in comparison to Ritter. That alone makes me think they wouldn't win. Then, there's the matchup. Ritter is bigger and just as quick, which I think is to the Jays disadvantage. That's why I think the Lions control the entire game, and win by about 15 with Biedschied scoring about 35.

I'm from Dexter, live in Columbia, hate St. Louis eliticism, and I am a Charleston fan. But, this is my objective opinion. If Coach Mac comes back and takes over the team again, I'll change my mind.

-- Posted by nimbus on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 11:06 AM

Of course, Ritter has to get there first, and they have a lot tougher road than Charleston.

-- Posted by nimbus on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 11:20 AM

If Charleston where to meet Ritter, the matchups are better than what you think. After scouting both pretty good, its a toss up. Ritter has Cam, Charleston has Tuck. Evenly matched teams. Ritter may have a lil bit of a size advantage, but not my much. Both have great supporting cast and some stingy defense to back that up. Don't think this game will be blow out by either team. X factors in this game will come down to Ryan Parham(Charleston) and Ryan Hill(Ritter). They are the heart and sole of their teams. Both get their teams going from an emotional standpoint. Coaching is also going to play a major part in seeing who has that trick up their sleeves to throw the opponent off. I learned from Coach Mac that in the playoffs, you better come ready to play and you better have something that the other team isn't prepared for. So im sure Farmer and Neals will both be cooking up a master plan. IF, IF they meet. Still a few games to be played in between time. Thats why you play the game. Rankings mean absolutely nothing at this point. Ritter could easily be number one and Charleston number two or as it is. Ritter slipped up last year and was defeated unexpectedly. Charleston lost a tough one to Hogan. If you ask me, as long as Hogan is still alive and kicking they are still the favorite until someone beats them out. At this point all records of those winning in the playoffs are exactly the same, but each has a different story on how they made. So now you have three teams that are worthy of the crown, more so than two. Charleston, Hogan and Ritter. Charleston is my pic, but your going to have two tough games in Columbia and your work in districts is not over. No talk about the regular season matchups or head to head comp. It means nothing at this point. Go Jays!!!

-- Posted by CHS2MRH on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 11:24 AM

how many games did claude play?I never heard much of him this year, I think you guys had someone missing every game this year, but to their credit the played through it with alot of heart.

-- Posted by squawdad on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 11:25 AM

Last year, there was a lot of talk about Ritter, as well...then, they were beaten by Elsberry in the quarterfinal round....that matchup could occur, again, this year....Elsberry is another 2-loss team (25-2) that lost to Charleston in last year's consolation game when Charleston overcame a huge halftime deficit of 20+ points

-- Posted by birdfan on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 11:26 AM

Appreciate your comments Coach Corey Frazier! I hope I'm wrong! By the way, didn't you dunk on Antonio Bobo that game, and right after he had a dunk blocked?

-- Posted by nimbus on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 11:32 AM

Claude Taylor was never on the team and I knew it before the season even started, sure he may have been a huge factor if he had played this year but he didn't. Grissom was just a big body, did not do much scoring and to be honest did not get very many rebounds and usually fouled out by the end of the 3rd quarter. The starting 5 we had at the end of the year was probably the best combo we could have came up with and we played alot better towards the end of the season. Belton was good on some nights and others he just seemed lost out on the court.

Youth and depth was the problem this year with only 1 senior in starting rotation for most of the year until the addition to Cobb to the starting line up..and I think that will definitely be the reason Kennett does not advance this year as well (young talent rarely beats a good junior and senior laden team). Charleston was led by a strong group of seniors even the ones that came off of the bench did a very good job.

Good luck the rest of the season to all of the SEMO area teams I hope we can bring home the hardware in at least 2 of the classes maybe 3.

-- Posted by wheresthebeef on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 11:41 AM

gonna have to sign off....weather getting bad

-- Posted by birdfan on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 11:49 AM

Coach, I've been saying the same thing about Hogan. They are the dark horse everybody has been underestimating. Reining Champs and have played tough schedule this year. They bring back Newbill a 6-6 forward and Mason a 6-2 Guard, both had great games last year against Charleston 21 & 24 respectively. Both were also 2 of the 3 Rams top scorers a year ago. Hogan vs. Ritter, if both make it that far, could be a classic Semi-Final clash.

-- Posted by I.P. Freely on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 12:25 PM

Question for you Charleston fans! How many career points does Greg Tucker have? Just curious

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 12:25 PM

I don't I was wondering the same thing the other day. Might be my project at work this afternoon, lol.

-- Posted by I.P. Freely on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 12:39 PM

nimbus, I read above where you commented about Carbondale and Scott City being "not that good". If you live in Columbia as you said I'm assuming you haven't seen either of those teams play. I don't know much about Carbondale but I know alot about the Rams. They're 20-8 and just won their district. They may not be Ritter or even Charleston but they're much better than "not that good".

-- Posted by Ronnie1 on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 12:55 PM

Just this year alone, Tuck has scored 514 points. So, I'm pretty sure he has over 1,000 career points.

-- Posted by bluejaypride on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 2:07 PM

Charleston wins this one no doubt!! Kennet has yet to impress me and especially not after the Doniphan game the other night

-- Posted by BillyBlue on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 2:43 PM

Brief scouting report from CHS2MRH,a reliable source. They are about EVEN. One at a time..........one shot, one free throw, one D.

-- Posted by LU BLUETIGERS on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 2:48 PM

Wise words, birdfan. A lot could happen between now and the final. The Elsberry team you mention is very gritty. Reminds me of some SEMO teams with their scrappy defense and relentless attacks to the hoop off the dribble. They gave Class 5 contender Rock Bridge a battle in December before losing by 9.

Another team with the potential to upset things is Lutheran North. They knocked off Whitfield last night on a last-second shot by Anthony Virdure. They are a bit up and down but recently took CBC to overtime at CBC. Virdure is one of the most exciting guards around. They are in line to play Ritter Wednesday if they can win tonight.

-- Posted by unclegrubworm on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 3:00 PM

DO ANYBODY KNOW IF THIS GAME GONE BE SHOWED ON YHC TV ??? OR IF ANYBODY GOING COULD YOU PLEASE KEEP ALL US UPDATED THANX

-- Posted by EGGSHADY2012 on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 6:29 PM

DO ANYBODY KNOW IF THIS GAME GONE BE SHOWED ON YHC TV ??? OR IF ANYBODY GOING COULD YOU PLEASE KEEP ALL US UPDATED THANX

-- Posted by EGGSHADY2012 on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 6:59 PM

I think some of you guys need to remember that there is still a game to be played tonight! I promise you Kennett isn't thinking about their next game if they win tonight! You charleston fans better hope that your players aren't thinking ahead as many of ya'll seem to be. If they are then the lack of focus could be enough for Kennett to make it interesting or possibly pull off an upset!

-- Posted by phi365 on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 7:19 PM

Charleston 23-12 after 1

-- Posted by nimbus on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 8:04 PM

Kennett can't handle the pressure. This is gonna get ugly.

-- Posted by bootheelhooper on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 8:05 PM

Kennett is gonna have it tough against Charleston, who obviously came to play tonight!

-- Posted by semo7178 on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 8:07 PM

Charleston 48-22 half

-- Posted by nimbus on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 8:20 PM

Charleston is playing great. They look like the state champs tonight.

-- Posted by bootheelhooper on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 8:25 PM

Wow! No lack of focus on the jays! Sounds like their defense is swarming and to much for kennett to handle! 7 treys for the jays in da first half is pretty impressive as well!

-- Posted by phi365 on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 8:35 PM

Here come the subs for charleston in the 3rd!

-- Posted by bluejaypride on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 8:40 PM

Charleston up 35 with2 minutes to go in third quarter. Here comes the charleston jv.

-- Posted by bootheelhooper on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 8:43 PM

Great season Kennett. No shame losing to these blue jays. They should win the state title.

-- Posted by bootheelhooper on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 8:45 PM

@SCOTT1130-Charleston is not that good....SIKEEEEETON.

-- Posted by LU BLUETIGERS on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 8:54 PM

I agree bootheeltopper! Kennett has nothing to hang their head about on this season considering that they lost 9 seniors from last year. Congrats to charleston! Hope u guys can make a big run in the playoffs and bring home another title for SEMO!

-- Posted by phi365 on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 8:58 PM

Thank you phi365.

-- Posted by LU BLUETIGERS on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 9:04 PM

I really like the shot-blocking presence of Darrion Carter. Gives them something they didn't have before. Sometimes, playing through a few injuries can make a team better.

-- Posted by nimbus on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 9:18 PM

Btw, Ritter will play Lutheran North in their sectional game.

-- Posted by nimbus on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 9:19 PM

Kennett had an outstanding season! Considering they lost pretty much their whole team from last year, I'd say making it to the district championship is a BIG accomplishment, esp in that district

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 9:51 PM

Final score

-- Posted by semotexex on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 9:53 PM

I think it was like 72-40....turbo clock 98% of the 4th period

-- Posted by birdfan on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 9:55 PM

73-42....missed it by a few

-- Posted by birdfan on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 9:57 PM

WOW!!!

-- Posted by semotexex on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 9:58 PM

Great season by Kennett, despite loss. Good luck to a great Charleston team the rest of the way, hopefully you guys will bring home one for the "Great SEMO" area.

-- Posted by kdjones on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 9:58 PM

Congrats Charleston. Great Season Indians.

-- Posted by UFO on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 10:04 PM

Congrats CHS.. Represent

-- Posted by stlfan38 on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 10:05 PM

"I don't think Charleston is that good, if I was betting I'd say they wont have much luck in Columbia, if they make it there."

Your quote, scott1130...that's why Charleston has 10 state championships....cause we just can't compete with those big city schools

-- Posted by birdfan on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 10:29 PM

scott1130: You're kidding right? The games may get a little closer but the outcome will be the same. Bluejay Nation!

-- Posted by bluejay_fan_natic20 on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 10:30 PM

Kudos to the Indians on a valiant effort this evening. No shame in losing to these Jays.

-- Posted by bluejay_fan_natic20 on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 10:32 PM

#BlueJayNation !!

-- Posted by BlueJay Fan on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 10:45 PM

that my friends was a good old fashioned whoopin by an excellent team. The kennett boys surprised many and should be proud, bluejay fans we are with you now to the finish, good luck. That was an impressive win , I am from kennett and have to admit once the game was out of hand I just sat back and admired how well your kids play.

-- Posted by squawdad on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 10:53 PM

Very classy respectful post, squawdad; it's very much appreciated by this BlueJay fan.

Your Indians are young and have a bright future ahead. Does Kennett move up to Class 4, next year? If so, might throw a monkey wrench into the Notre Dame - Sikeston championship tradition.

-- Posted by birdfan on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 11:01 PM

I'm a diehard Kennett indian fan but I have a TON of respect for the charleston bluejays. The fact is, they are the greatest 3A program in the state's history and possibly the best in any class. They do one thing and they do it every year, WIN. Their kids know how to play the game the right way and they are ambassadors of how to carry yourself on the floor. While I'm disappointed at the result tonite, it is what it is. We got taken to the woodshed and they put on a clinic, it's what they do. In fairness to coach Vaughan and the recent Indian teams, this didn't happen overnight for the bluejays. This started in the seventies and has snowballed into a dynasty. Kennett is slowly building up and I assure you Coach farmer respects Kennett and has taken notice of our development. We have played them in three straight championships and was able to win one of them. Make no mistake, they have the program we all aspire to be. Good luck to the bluejays, I hope you win it all. You better, the Indians will be around for a long time trying to dethrone the king.;)

-- Posted by indianchief on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 11:05 PM

Congrats tonight charleston. If y'all keep playing the way y'all played tonight, you'll win state! Write it down!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 11:14 PM

Good game tonight over Kennett. Kennett is young but well coached. They have a good program. I didn't think they would make it after last years team left. But that shows a good program with a good coach. Good luck in the future. Indianchief,you tell it like it is. If more people made commits like you,this forum would be nice. But some just don't like the truth. I hope the rest of the state pay attention to SOUTHEAST MISSOURI BASKETBALL,cause we are loaded with plenty of talent for years to come. What's up CHS2MRH?You will always be a BLUE JAY AND WE(C-TOWN) R VERY PROUD OF YOU.

-- Posted by pe-co85 on Sat, Mar 3, 2012, at 12:40 AM

I must say that this thread has more class and respect than any other thread i have read on this forum. As a Kennett alumni and fan i believe i can speak for the group and say that we appreciate that you classy bluejay fans didn't get on here and rub it in our faces! That could've been easy to do considering the dominant performance that the jays put on tonight. Thanks for the class that ya'll have shown and good luck in the playoffs!

-- Posted by phi365 on Sat, Mar 3, 2012, at 1:59 AM

Just looked at the Class 3 Championship bracket and see where Ritter is in the same bracket as Hogan Prep, this year. So, it appears the road to the championship game could be much tougher on the other side of the bracket than it is for the SEMO teams in Class 3. Of course, this is an assumption as I don't know what some of the teams in Charleston's bracket have to offer.

-- Posted by birdfan on Sat, Mar 3, 2012, at 8:26 AM

I believe that someone should give coach farmer props for not running up the score last night. Coach farmer is one of the classiest guys around. He knows how kids can be hurt emotionally and he try's to avoid doing that.

-- Posted by praiseman on Sat, Mar 3, 2012, at 11:17 PM

Last year Kennett had the team that Charleston had this year but could not close the deal. So lets not be handing out coach of the year awards just yet.

-- Posted by X-Man on Mon, Mar 5, 2012, at 8:32 AM

X-man what are u talking about?

-- Posted by praiseman on Mon, Mar 5, 2012, at 3:53 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration. If you already have an account , enter your username and password below. Otherwise, click here to register.

Username:

Password:  (Forgot your password?)

Your comments:
Please be respectful of others and try to stay on topic.