Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: Dyer County season over

Posted by semohoops on Mon, Feb 27, 2012, at 8:41 AM:

Arlington beat Dyer County 65-63 in their Tennessee regional (or what would be district play in Missouri). Arlington was the 4 seed in their regional and DC was seeded first. Thought some folks, particularly Cville fans might be interested.

Replies (18)

• Wow! I assume that is a pretty big upset????

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Mon, Feb 27, 2012, at 8:50 AM
  • I think it is considered an upset. Dyer County had defeated them in the regular season and Arlington had 10 or 12 losses.

-- Posted by semohoops on Mon, Feb 27, 2012, at 8:59 AM
  • Dyer County was loaded. Saw them play at Dexter last summer and they were as good as advertised. That is a huge upset.

-- Posted by bootheelhooper on Mon, Feb 27, 2012, at 9:00 AM
  • Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy (McCord) **Insert sarcasm**

-- Posted by Hemingway on Mon, Feb 27, 2012, at 9:05 AM

Huge upset!!! I'm glad though, I hate teams that recruit and this is what they get! They had to overlook them, no way should they have lost to them. Just goes to show you, you have to bring it every night or you just might get beat, no team is immune to upsets.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Mon, Feb 27, 2012, at 9:27 AM
  • Just for comparing scores, this Arlington team lost to Hazelwood West. Notre Dame beat Hazelwood West pretty handily, 15 or 16 points in the Cape Tiger Shootout.

-- Posted by semohoops on Mon, Feb 27, 2012, at 11:37 AM
  • Just a little further research. Dyer County actually won their district by beating Brighton 70-67. This game against Arlington was a regional. I think their playoffs are set up similar to what Missouri's high school football playoffs were. The second place team in the district plays the district winner. So Arlington took second in their district and then played Dyer County. Brighton is still alive if that makes any sense. So yeah, this is a big upset losing to a district runnerup and a team they had already beaten pretty bad in the regular season. You never know come playoff time. You have to bring your A game and peak at the right time.

-- Posted by semohoops on Mon, Feb 27, 2012, at 12:14 PM
  • Wasn't Dyer County's head coach the coach at Cape Central a few years ago?

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Mon, Feb 27, 2012, at 2:15 PM
  • McCord also coached at SC. He had an awesome record while at SC. I think every year was a 20+ win season.

-- Posted by Ronnie1 on Mon, Feb 27, 2012, at 2:23 PM
  • Yes, he was the head coach at Cape Central after he left Scott City.

-- Posted by semohoops on Mon, Feb 27, 2012, at 9:11 PM
  • Cape is just now recovering.

-- Posted by barkleyfan on Mon, Feb 27, 2012, at 9:52 PM
  • Here's a little tidbit from the game. Still searching for a game story. Hard to find stuff on this game. I think they are keeping it secret over there in Western Tennessee lol

http://www.arlingtontigersbasketball.com/teams/?u=ARLINGTONTIGERSBASKETBALL&t=c&...

-- Posted by semohoops on Tue, Feb 28, 2012, at 9:22 AM
  • -- Posted by Rocket689 on Tue, Feb 28, 2012, at 1:34 PM

I have no pity for teams that recruit!

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Feb 28, 2012, at 1:43 PM
  • Someone commented about that very subject at the bottom of the story. Is there any truth to those rumors?

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Tue, Feb 28, 2012, at 2:08 PM

Yes! I think Hubbs was brought up from somewhere in Mississippi!

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Feb 28, 2012, at 2:13 PM
  • Thanks for the link Rocket.

-- Posted by semohoops on Tue, Feb 28, 2012, at 2:34 PM
  • That Hubbs kid is a stud.

-- Posted by semohoops on Thu, Mar 1, 2012, at 9:24 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: