Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: Best defenders ?

Posted by Bluecando on Wed, Feb 8, 2012, at 9:32 PM:

Okay so we know the powerhouses of offense on this website, but could somebody enlighten me on who the best defenders of the area are?

Replies (35)

• Austin white from risco plays shut down D

-- Posted by boxout30 on Thu, Feb 9, 2012, at 5:10 AM

He can lockdown someone with his great shooting ability? Terry Jamison of Sikeston is a pretty solid defender.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Thu, Feb 9, 2012, at 7:48 AM
  • Hey Slick, not taking anything away from Parham. IMO he's the best PG in the area, but my son Jesse (PG for SC) had 18 vs the Jays.

-- Posted by Ronnie1 on Thu, Feb 9, 2012, at 7:53 AM
  • And 1 TO.

-- Posted by Ronnie1 on Thu, Feb 9, 2012, at 7:54 AM
  • ho just cares romney1? do we care about whot you says Bucko? no we did not. sc just is not a good team like chlarleston.

-- Posted by bearcat1forall on Thu, Feb 9, 2012, at 8:19 AM
  • Ok, bearcat. Thanks for your input.

-- Posted by Ronnie1 on Thu, Feb 9, 2012, at 9:17 AM
  • you are welcomed Bucko. i knows more about basktball than you will forgot. remhber that romneyh1

-- Posted by bearcat1forall on Thu, Feb 9, 2012, at 9:36 AM

I agree with yah-yah. I just look at the standard democrat stat sheet and Jamison is averaging 7 steals a game,8 assist a game and less than 2 turnovers a game and even has the 3rd spot in rebounding.Thats solid .Pretty tremendous for a point guard who handles the ball about 90% of the time.Mcgee from SHS plays hard defense sometimes to hard lol.But he can get a crowd going.I agree that Rarham does a good job In the guard position from CHS.Sometimes players worry about scoring rather than defending.Defense wins games when your offense is struggling.

-- Posted by stlfan38 on Thu, Feb 9, 2012, at 10:05 AM
  • None of you guys picked any one off of charleston the best defensive team in the area. You guys are showing your bias as usual.

-- Posted by praiseman on Thu, Feb 9, 2012, at 12:46 PM
  • Excuse me you did pick Ryan parham but there are many others.

-- Posted by praiseman on Thu, Feb 9, 2012, at 12:47 PM
  • praiseman....unless I missed something, I don't see your list anywhere.

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Thu, Feb 9, 2012, at 1:11 PM

Nobody has made a 'list'. They are only mentioning a name or two. Parham has already been mentioned. Go back to your basement, praiseman.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Thu, Feb 9, 2012, at 1:16 PM

I'll agree about Jamison for Sikeston. He plays defense all four quarters! Also, JT Jones will be a great defender in the next year or two. Him and Monroe are freaks of nature.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Thu, Feb 9, 2012, at 1:17 PM
  • Cassell was mentioned too. Ok, I nominate the entire Charleston team. Hope that makes praiseman happy.

-- Posted by semohoops on Thu, Feb 9, 2012, at 1:37 PM

Right praiseman looks like you are just trying to find a reason to hate. I said Parham because he plays.Some others play but look to score more I think.But Parham hustle all the time.I will give Cassell a bid to.Other than that nawwwww.I like Tisdale from Cape good at guarding the post.Unlike semohoops i cant nominate the entire squad...lol good looking put semohoops.

-- Posted by stlfan38 on Thu, Feb 9, 2012, at 2:19 PM
  • Praiseman is always happy, just ask King from Jackson if any one else plays "D" on charleston. I think Tucker may be one of the most underrated defensive players in the area. Gray is pretty good also. Thank you I mntioned that I overlooked parham didn't see casual also.

-- Posted by praiseman on Thu, Feb 9, 2012, at 2:30 PM
  • Ronnie I'm sorry but my opinion about the Charleston and SC game still stands. If Charleston took it serious all game like they have against the bigger schools than SC wouldn't have had near the offensive game.

Parham is one of, if not, the best guard defenders in the area that I have seen. The sikeston players all have great transition defensive but in the few games I've watched their half court D doesn't hold up as well. My opinion on that may change after another look at them tomorrow night. But don't get me wrong, there are very few teams that match their transition game.

-- Posted by CapeAlum on Thu, Feb 9, 2012, at 3:09 PM
  • I'm not sure why I'm mr funny man. I said I had missed parham and cassell on the list. Don't try to bust out someone that stated that he had missed those two players. What about Tucker and Gray?

-- Posted by praiseman on Thu, Feb 9, 2012, at 3:11 PM

D. Bogan

A. Cassell

R. Bogan

R. Parham

M. Hull

T. Watkins

G. Tucker

J. Gray

M. Moore

S. Foster

S. Webster

W. Davis

K. Scott

D. Carter

Are the best defenders in the state.

-- Posted by Haterade on Thu, Feb 9, 2012, at 3:50 PM

Lmao

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Thu, Feb 9, 2012, at 4:09 PM
  • Hey Slick, I just stated a fact. I never said anything against Parham. I even said he was the best PG in the area in my opinion. Lighten up. I'm not comparing anyone to Ryan. Is 18 points in December less than 18 points in February? What does your opinion that SC will be done in a month have to do with Parham's defensive skills?

Semo...I didn't mention SC. I just stated a simple fact and you guys act like I said Parham and Charleston suck! I didn't say that. They are a great team and most likely will win state in class 3.

-- Posted by Ronnie1 on Thu, Feb 9, 2012, at 4:36 PM
  • You Scott City people need to realize you are an ok 2a or 3a team whatever you are,but when the big boys really wanna play you are not in their league

-- Posted by objective fan on Thu, Feb 9, 2012, at 5:07 PM
  • Slick...where did I mention the 7pt loss???? I made a simple factual statement....not downing Charleston at all. Why do you find it necesary to down SC? I never said SC was anywhere nearly as good as Charleston....NEVER. You need to read the post and then tell me where you found me saying SC could play with or could beat Charleston. You won't find it because I didn't say it. Can you read????Or do you need someone to help you out?

-- Posted by Ronnie1 on Thu, Feb 9, 2012, at 10:18 PM
  • Crader...are you monitoring this or are you only concerned about me? Maybe you can find on this thread where I said something bad about Charleston.

-- Posted by Ronnie1 on Thu, Feb 9, 2012, at 10:32 PM
  • Dude sc just lost to pb and it was mainly their jv team charleston will beat us by 20 or more you guys are not even top 5 team in class 3 in this area

-- Posted by BIGELW on Fri, Feb 10, 2012, at 12:16 AM
  • You didn't say anything towards Charleston as a team. You named a Charleston player that your son would have been matched up with then said how many points your son had that game. You were either trying to say that your son is very good or parham is not a great defender. Just to clear up what I was hoping you would infer by my comment. I can't speak for the others though.

-- Posted by CapeAlum on Fri, Feb 10, 2012, at 7:02 AM
  • Once again.....Jesse,my son, is an above average PG. Ryan Parham, IMO, is an outstanding PG. Charleston is an outstanding team. Nobody out here has EVER read a post from me bragging up my son. Let me spell out my point....Charleston is an awesome team and much improved I'm sure from when SC played them in December. SC is improved but considering recent injuries, probably not as much as Charleston. It would take a monumental effort for SC to beat Charleston. I'm not at all sure they can get past districts, even as weak as their district is. I never mentioned the Christmas Tournament game, but EVERYONE knows going into that game at least 99%, including myself, expected a 20+ point Charleston win. Every team in the area, with the exception of a few elites, would be satisfied with a 7 point loss to the team that will probably be the eventual state champ. Now for the idea that Charleston just didn't try in that match-up. That may very well be true, but if it is you tell me what is worse.....being satisfied by a 7 point loss to a great team or going into a game without putting out a 100% effort....Finally, I hope the Jays learned a lesson from that game. They are a great team but looking past an opponent, no matter how weak you consider them, is a big mistake and will probably get them beat when they meet other tough teams.

BIGELW...Read the post "dude". I wasn't saying SC could beat Charleston...They couldn't even beat the mighty mules JV team...LOL

-- Posted by Ronnie1 on Fri, Feb 10, 2012, at 8:20 AM
  • Also, I challenge anyone out here to find a post where I made a comment about SC being able to beat ANY team. I know where SC stands and what they're capable of and not capable of. They blow out the average teams and just can't quite get to the level of the good teams. Their record has proven that time and again, although a few average teams have beaten SC....the last 2 games were absolute disasters. Neither Bluff or Egyptian are above average imo. Once they get healthy they should improve some. They were much better 2 weeks ago than they are now.

-- Posted by Ronnie1 on Fri, Feb 10, 2012, at 8:28 AM
  • Only the name has changed...

-- Posted by deadred on Fri, Feb 10, 2012, at 8:30 AM
  • Well deadred....Find the post. You talk the crap but never have anything to back it up. Why? Because there is nothing to back it up.

-- Posted by Ronnie1 on Fri, Feb 10, 2012, at 8:42 AM
  • I don't know why you guys waste your time debating me, Crader deletes most of my posts anyway.

I know you're anxious Crader, but just relax. I'll give you a head's up before Vesuvious blows!..LOL. I've had all the fun I can stand. See you people in the Sectionals I hope. Have fun without me Crader.

-- Posted by Ronnie1 on Fri, Feb 10, 2012, at 9:00 AM

Slick 50is oit his mind if he thinks Parham is better than Jamison.Jamsion did as a freshamn what Parham is doin as a junior.They both are good.Jamison is better on defense and in clutch.He finds his team mates an know one plays under more control.I like Parham but i beg to differ on that one.I can hardly wait for the Jones kid to break out his only in 10 grade along with Monroe feom CVILLE who will be a beast only in the tenth as well.

-- Posted by stlfan38 on Fri, Feb 10, 2012, at 2:36 PM

I agree Stlfan38. Teams will gameplan for Monroe and JT Jones before they would Parham. He happens to be on a loaded team and people can play him one on one. Monroe gets doubled and tripled teamed and still gets his points. Jones gets doubled when he is in the game as well. You can't cover Monroe or Jones one on one, or for the most part. These two will probably be some of the top guys in Semo in the next two years.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Feb 10, 2012, at 2:44 PM

deadred, stop talking crap!

-- Posted by Larry Doby on Fri, Feb 10, 2012, at 2:46 PM

Sikeston plays zone... Charleston plays man... Parham>Jamison based on system

-- Posted by Harry_Callahan on Fri, Feb 10, 2012, at 4:21 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: