Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: A word(or more) to the wise

Posted by officerrodfarva on Mon, Jan 23, 2012, at 3:42 PM:

A word to the wise is sufficient.

Let me tell you a little story.

A long time ago in a land far away the inhabitants decided worth and importance by playing King of the Hill. It was known far and wide that the residents of Gong Town were the best of the best when it came to King of the Hill. In fact, it was even rumored that Gong Town would bring help in from outside to improve its chances, even though this was against the rules. But of course this was only a rumor and never proven.

And it came to pass that in the region to the north in the land of Germania Episcopalian a very talented group of contestants became determined to unseat Gong Town as the King of the Hill. To make matters even more interesting, G.E. had in its group one that could only be described as "different."

"Different" was unheard of in the world of King of the Hill. But "different" doesn't always mean inferior and in this case "different" brought much attention to G.E.

When it came time for all of the King of the Hill teams to determine who was most worthy and most important they gathered at a nearby flat plain of alluvial deposit between diverging branches of the mouth of a river, often, though not necessarily, triangular. (I know, I know, but work with me here)

Germania felt that it had, if not the best, then at least the second best team there. But alas, the others felt that three other teams were more likely to be worthy. And so as tournaments work Germania had to face Gong Town early on.

It was an intriquing battle with many scribes and observers surprised at how closely contested the match was. Germania continued to hold its own for many hours. At one point the head spokesman for Germania, Ronald Dangerpasture, arose and said, "We demand more respect in the future, we demand more respect in the future." This mantra was picked up by the Germanian faithful. Needless to say Gong Town would not be outdone, after all they were King of the Hill. Their leader, Napolean Spurrier, replied, "Earn it, Earn it!" and this too was picked by the throng that supported Gong Town.

Well, all great battles come to an end and this one did too. Gong Town held onto its claim as King of the Hill and this might be the end of our story but its not.

You see, next year when the teams gathered to decide who was most worthy and important the refrains of Ronald Dangerpasture echoed loudly in the heads of those that make such decisions and they decided that Germania Episcopalian should be rewarded as having the second best shot of being the most worthy and important.

Led by the one that was "different" and Senor Dangerpasture they were defeated early in the proceedings and were unable to earn the respect that they had demanded. They were unable to reach the pinnacle.

I guess there are two possible conclusions we could draw from this.

1)Sometimes a banana is just a banana, Anna (oh wait, sorry there was a SNL reference not too long ago and I must have had a flashback)

2)Sometimes its better to keep quiet and prove everyone wrong instead of calling attention to yourself and having to deal with failure.

Replies (29)

• ???????????????????????????

-- Posted by semo7178 on Mon, Jan 23, 2012, at 3:46 PM
  • Touche'! Officerrodfarva's been gone for too long.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Mon, Jan 23, 2012, at 4:16 PM
  • Deep thought officerrodfarva.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Mon, Jan 23, 2012, at 5:18 PM

Great post.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Jan 23, 2012, at 5:39 PM
  • Read ye not only the words verbatim. The message behind is where the truth lies.

-- Posted by officerrodfarva on Mon, Jan 23, 2012, at 6:41 PM
  • officerrodfarva, you are indeed a super trooper.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Mon, Jan 23, 2012, at 6:55 PM
  • After reading that, I think you should quit smoking the evidence, officer.

-- Posted by DWinKenMO on Mon, Jan 23, 2012, at 7:06 PM
  • I ain't worth a crap at reading and understanding beyond the words but I think I get this and it is hilarious

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Mon, Jan 23, 2012, at 7:23 PM
  • Is Gong Town Scott County Central and Germania Episcopaian Scott City?

-- Posted by joefrank78 on Mon, Jan 23, 2012, at 7:42 PM

The synopsis of the story is conclusion #2.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Mon, Jan 23, 2012, at 7:55 PM

Germania Episcopalian refers to any fan who puts the cart before the horse.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Mon, Jan 23, 2012, at 7:57 PM

Wow, the 70s are back!

-- Posted by catfish_162001 on Mon, Jan 23, 2012, at 7:57 PM
  • I Googled "Germania Episcopalian" and all that showed was semoball.com!!! Gee! An original thought!!!

-- Posted by joefrank78 on Mon, Jan 23, 2012, at 8:18 PM
  • It is what you wish it to be. It is not who you don't want it to be.I believe yah-yah said it all!

-- Posted by officerrodfarva on Mon, Jan 23, 2012, at 8:54 PM

Well played sir, well played.

-- Posted by Larry Doby on Mon, Jan 23, 2012, at 9:07 PM
  • What?

-- Posted by mule1993 on Mon, Jan 23, 2012, at 9:12 PM

Reverse the accepted order of things and accept the overabundance or superfluity of words and the masses are left with just the court jesters...pardon the pun

-- Posted by catfish_162001 on Mon, Jan 23, 2012, at 9:44 PM
  • I agree with pete sims

-- Posted by attitude and effort on Mon, Jan 23, 2012, at 11:16 PM
  • I slept on this and come to the conclusion that a bearcat translation will be need to fully understand the context of this short story.

-- Posted by mule1993 on Tue, Jan 24, 2012, at 4:16 AM
  • i cought that tom foolery mile1993 that you just said. i have just have not seen these story before but i think it takes about peoples that brag and show down before there eggs have been cooked. offiferobfavre, whot have you been snifling Bucko? glue sticks or pine soil?

-- Posted by bearcat1forall on Tue, Jan 24, 2012, at 8:27 AM
  • LOL

-- Posted by GSP on Tue, Jan 24, 2012, at 9:17 AM

I guess [meow] your gun could [meow,meow] be pointed[meow] in [meow] more than [meow] one direction [meow,meow].

Want me to hold the spit? Hah, just kidding officer Farva.

-- Posted by Larry Doby on Tue, Jan 24, 2012, at 9:32 AM
  • just whot is this you speak of GarryDoby? momma says it not nice to spit Bucko. you could get in to troulble if you do that at a game.

-- Posted by bearcat1forall on Tue, Jan 24, 2012, at 9:36 AM

What an honor, I have had a post directed at me by bearcat1forall! My life is now complete! No spitting and no sarcasm!

-- Posted by Larry Doby on Tue, Jan 24, 2012, at 9:41 AM
  • Careful Larry. A battle of wits with an unarmed poster may be censored by the powers that be. {Meow}

-- Posted by officerrodfarva on Tue, Jan 24, 2012, at 9:48 AM
  • i do do not think any of you wonts to have a battle of wites with me fellers. i am the yeng to the yang and it will be hard to defeet me Buckos. espiecially in foot ball talk and such.

-- Posted by bearcat1forall on Tue, Jan 24, 2012, at 9:53 AM

1forall...I meant that with all respect. Kind of like when I first started listening to Jim Rome on the radio. It took a while to get him, but after awhile I did. Now I get you too. All I can say is "Rack Him!"

I'm out.

-- Posted by Larry Doby on Tue, Jan 24, 2012, at 10:17 AM
  • Careful with the Rome talk or I'll get Chris, oops I mean Jim Everett after you.

-- Posted by GSP on Tue, Jan 24, 2012, at 11:46 AM
  • Did pete sims get sensored?

-- Posted by mule1993 on Tue, Jan 24, 2012, at 8:05 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: