Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: Borgia vs ND

Posted by Dustin Ruby on Sun, Dec 4, 2011, at 1:28 PM:

Quite possibly the two teams I hate the most, but Borgia won 62-52. That wasn't the score I would have predicted. Was anyone at the game?

Replies (18)

Ruby, check out the MoSports basketball page. Rocket and I have some Borgia posters we get along with over there that gave a decent summary of the game.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Sun, Dec 4, 2011, at 1:32 PM
  • Love the intro...."Quite possibly the two teams I hate the most...."

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Sun, Dec 4, 2011, at 1:34 PM
  • -- Posted by mandm96 on Sun, Dec 4, 2011, at 1:48 PM
  • Bitterrrrrrrr.

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Sun, Dec 4, 2011, at 4:43 PM
  • It's been a wonderful last coupla years for anti-ND nation ya gotta admit!! They've had a marked dropoff in talent across the board, girls and boys! As the saying goes, cheaters never prosper!! At least until they hire a new recruiter.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Mon, Dec 5, 2011, at 12:01 AM
  • Also bitter.

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Mon, Dec 5, 2011, at 7:12 AM
  • I guess ND has forgotten how to evaluate talent. That can be the only explanation for their, as you call it, "drop off in talent over the past few years". I understand the jealousy because of the private aspect. I personally think the multiplier should be 1.75 or 2.0 in basketball. But to say they cheat because they have been successful is a little silly. The fact is this. Names like Borgia and ND recruit themselves. Besides, if they were cheating as much as some say, they would have been busted 10 times by now.

-- Posted by GSP on Mon, Dec 5, 2011, at 9:03 AM
  • I can recall more local PUBLIC schools getting busted for breaking the rules than private schools. Facts are an annoying little thing when they aren't on your side in an argument.

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Mon, Dec 5, 2011, at 9:45 AM
  • Farm....PUBLIC schools CAN'T legally recruit. Private schools are afforded that ability under the current set of MSHSAA guidelines. So, of course, there are going to be more public schools that get caught doing that.

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Mon, Dec 5, 2011, at 9:56 AM
  • 1. Private school can't legally recruit for athletic purposes (granted there are plenty of ways around that).

2. If private schools CAN legally recruit, then it isn't cheating if they do so. You could call it unfair, but not cheating.

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Mon, Dec 5, 2011, at 9:58 AM
  • That's what I have said before...(I didn't use those words in this case) I have said that if I were a private school I would play under the rules allowed.... I think it is inherently unfair, but the rules are the rules and the private schools aren't doing anything "illegal" under the current set of MSHSAA bylaws. We do agree on that.

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Mon, Dec 5, 2011, at 10:15 AM
  • "As the saying goes, cheaters never prosper!! At least until they hire a new recruiter."

Does that mean CC will not prosper when their "drop-off" in talent disappears?

-- Posted by sportsfanatic on Mon, Dec 5, 2011, at 11:10 AM
  • so far CC "newbies" have never taken them to the next level...just a few more wins....that's all.

-- Posted by barkleyfan on Mon, Dec 5, 2011, at 11:18 AM
  • i know some kids in the stl area and they always told me schools like whitfield got away with it by offering scholarships to minorities to get their numbers up and they just so happen to be very talented in athletics.

-- Posted by YouAlreadyKnow on Mon, Dec 5, 2011, at 1:58 PM
  • It was a good game all and all. Underestimate ND at your own risk. They will win their fair share this season and they will certainly push Sikeston when the two cross paths. Borgia isn't a team designed to blow teams out for once. But they're tenacious on defense and they have alot of players they can rotate in and out as well. One of the deeper Borgia teams in recent memory.

Dustin i'm not sure what need you would have to hate a team located 3 hours away from Sikeston?

-- Posted by Showstopper on Mon, Dec 5, 2011, at 9:31 PM
  • Show stopper, sikeston and Borgia have a great rivalry. We've played some exciting games

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Mon, Dec 5, 2011, at 9:35 PM
  • They can't legally recruit for athletics, but that is very easy to get around. "My non-catholic kid is going to ND because I want a good christian education for them."

-- Posted by CapeAlum on Mon, Dec 5, 2011, at 9:53 PM
  • Haha it was mostly tongue in cheek when I used the word "cheaters", just havin a little fun! With that said, I did watch ND dismantle Jax tonite. ND has no elite talent at all but geez every kid on the floor plays defense INSIDE his opponents jersey! When defense is played like that the entire game it doesn't take superstars to have success. So be forewarned anti-ND nation: as with last year our beloved reddawgz' tuffest, hardest fought games will more than likely come from those pesky bluedawgz. Would we want it any other way?

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, Dec 6, 2011, at 1:00 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: