Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: Did anyone

Posted by Dustin Ruby on Sat, Jul 16, 2011, at 3:40 PM:

Go to that shootout at SEMO today? I heard sikeston won their first two games but didn't hear about the third.. Anyone know all the scores?

Replies (15)

• Saw Sikeston play three games, which they won easily. Did not see their fourth vs. Hancock but I'm sure they won. IMO they were by far the best team out of Cape, Jackson, C'Ville, Hancock, Festus and Bloomfield. It is summer ball though, you never know if all the teams had their best players there. Cape looked pretty decent to me and Festus was well schooled. Sikeston has talent, but more importantly players that work hard and are unselfish and combine that with good coaching and you have the makings of a nice squad. Keep an eye on C'Ville, when they have everbody playing together they will be plenty tough.

-- Posted by semo ref on Sat, Jul 16, 2011, at 6:51 PM
  • Thanks for the feedback SEMO Ref. I agree Sikeston is going to be really good again. How did Jamison look? He has a chance to be one of the best in the area this year. And you are on the money about Caruthersville also. If they can put it all together that is one of the best teams in SEMO this year.

-- Posted by bootheelhooper on Sat, Jul 16, 2011, at 8:19 PM
  • Terry will be one of the best guards in the area, I'm already looking forward to this season

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Sun, Jul 17, 2011, at 1:12 AM
  • I wish I could have went.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Sun, Jul 17, 2011, at 1:29 AM
  • Terry jamison looked sharp, as did several of their other players. Not particularly tall(Sikeston never is) but quick jumpers who know how to block out. C'Vill with Fonda, Monroe and others will be a handful for anyone. They will play hard and may beat anyone on a given night. The SEMO area is so competitive that it makes alot of area teams tough. Good luck to all our area teams this winter, it should be a great season. Now its almost time for some football!!

-- Posted by semo ref on Sun, Jul 17, 2011, at 10:24 AM
  • Terry looked very good , But I also think Vashun Ruffin looked very nice, it was a couple of times when Terry and Vashun put on a show . Literally those two took over almost every game . And a couple of Guys from cape looked good

-- Posted by semohoops1 on Sun, Jul 17, 2011, at 10:44 AM
  • Terry and Vashawn are going to help that offense score a lot of points again, how did kilron coleman look? I heard he's the most improved player on the team

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Sun, Jul 17, 2011, at 11:22 AM

From the games I've seen this summer Gadget, Kilron has definitely made some big steps forward both in his skill and confidence on the court compared to last season. Also, I've gotta believe the SEMO area may have two of the top 5-10 guard combinations in the state with Terry-Vashawn and Ryan Parham-Greg Tucker in Charleston.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Sun, Jul 17, 2011, at 11:42 AM
  • The Jamison-Ruffin and Parham-Tucker match up is the main reason I can't wait till Sikeston and Charleston play this season. As far as better guard combinations, there maybe better scoring duos but I can't imagine better all-around guard combinations. I also can't wait to see how much Coleman has improved. He showed flashes of what he can do last season.

-- Posted by Fatboy1972 on Sun, Jul 17, 2011, at 1:01 PM
  • Do you know the names of the cape kids that stood out?

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Sun, Jul 17, 2011, at 3:40 PM
  • The guard tandems of Charleston and Sikeston will be the best in the area. Looking at the past couple years the teams with good guards played really well. Look at Kennett with Garmon, Caruthers, and even Shavers. With no size they were able to win. This year I'd have to give the edge to Charleston. Parham is a true point guard and Tucker might be the best player in the area.

-- Posted by bootheelhooper on Sun, Jul 17, 2011, at 8:08 PM
  • Cape's T.J. Tisdale looked very good to me. One of the best players in our region for 2011-2112. Also Newcomer from Jackson will be a decent guard, good quickness and a good shooter when on from 3pt. range. Cape will be decent this year IMO.

-- Posted by semo ref on Sun, Jul 17, 2011, at 8:32 PM
  • I honestly think it will come down to how they play as a team and how much leadership they get, especially from Tisdell. I'm not sure who was missing but just going off of last years players there is plenty of skill and more athleticism than last year, but with far less experience.

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Mon, Jul 18, 2011, at 12:14 AM
  • I honestly think it will come down to how they play as a team and how much leadership they get, especially from Tisdell. I'm not sure who was missing but just going off of last years players there is plenty of skill and more athleticism than last year, but with far less experience.

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Mon, Jul 18, 2011, at 12:19 AM
  • The best players in SEMO that I saw this summer not in any particular order were Greg Tucker, Ryan Parham, Terry Jamison, and Darrell Monroe. Tucker and Parham are going to be tough to stop and Charleston is going to be better than they were last year. Jamison is just fun to watch and I think he will go from a really good player on a really good team to a great player on a really good team this year. Monroe is still only a soph but his improvement is incredible. Last year he was a raw athlete who played really hard. Now he is an automatic jumpshooter from 17 feet and in and he can pass/dribble a lot better. It's going to be a good year of basketball in SEMO.

-- Posted by bootheelhooper on Mon, Jul 18, 2011, at 10:37 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: