Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: November 2010 thread - SEMO Conference Tournament

Posted by Rocket689 on Thu, Apr 14, 2011, at 11:05 AM:

I know that hoops season is over and my beloved Bulldogs get to hang a Class 4 State Championship banner in the friendly confines of the Fieldhouse!! However, I was prodded by one of our favorite posters....who shall remain nameless....to re-post the thread regarding the 2010 SEMO Conferene tourney.

Interesting note....someone in the thread said something to the effect of...."so I guess anything less than an undefeated state championship season would be a letdown to the Sikeston faithful...." YEP!!!!

Anyway....interesting to look back on how things actually turned out!! GO DOGS!!!

Replies (36)

• Does anybody really care at this point Rocketboy?? You've beat that horse long enuff. Note: PLEASE move forward and NOT Back to the Future! Get it McFly??

-- Posted by Hemingway on Thu, Apr 14, 2011, at 12:11 PM
  • Forgot to post the link....sorry about that.

http://www.semoball.com/forums/highschoolbasketball/thread/2189

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Thu, Apr 14, 2011, at 1:05 PM
  • Hemingway....I know I shouldn't respond to you because it only encourages you. However....once again.....in the nicest way possible.....SHUT THE *@#^ UP!!!!

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Thu, Apr 14, 2011, at 1:10 PM

I spent a little time re-reading it and man does it bring back good memories, primarily because I was right. Thanks for reminding me Rocket. With all the baseball talk where people get upset if you make critiques at all, I miss the basketball days where people were more open-minded and fun to debate with. There's always next season I guess.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Thu, Apr 14, 2011, at 1:11 PM
  • Rocketboy, I am always available if you think you can make me. If not, then you might as well pony up and ride on out of of town!

-- Posted by Hemingway on Thu, Apr 14, 2011, at 1:24 PM
  • I find it humorous all the posts where people were SO SURE that Sikeston wouldn't be as good as they were last year. Also, if you read through there Hemingway some posters said Sikeston can't talk trash until they win a state championship. Now that Sikeston accomplished that, you are saying we can't talk about it?

You know one of the greatest things I've learned with the Internet is that you aren't required to read everything on there. And if curiosity gets the best of you and you click on a link and then realize that this isn't the forum you want to spend time reading, there is this incredible feature that I use quite frequently myself, it's called the "Back" button. Some computers just have an arrow pointing to the left. I recommend trying that sometime when you feel you have stumbled on a blog you have no interest in.

-- Posted by semohoops on Thu, Apr 14, 2011, at 1:34 PM
  • semopoops, I'm assuming that whole last post was directed at me? Of course, your always quick to defend rocketBoy because apparently you two are BFF's or something of that nature. I never said you couldn't talk trash, but I doubt many people could give two craps about that thread from mid-November and what it says in it.

I will continue to stand by my challenge to both of you dirty birds----we could settle this on the basketball court in a little game of 2 on 1. You both vs. little ole me. What could we wager on it? Loser doesn't get to post on here anymore? Nah, that is too harsh a punishment for you two silly gooses, how about dinner at Lambert's Cafe??!!

-- Posted by Hemingway on Thu, Apr 14, 2011, at 1:38 PM
  • Let me guess.....another typo. I guess it should be expected from someone in the 3rd grade...."if you think you can make me." Hilarious!!

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Thu, Apr 14, 2011, at 1:49 PM
  • Just exactly what are you talking about with the "typo" comment Rocket689? 3rd grade? Heck, I graduate with honors from college buddy boy. By the way, do either you or Tweedle Dum accept my bball challenge or are ya yellow?

-- Posted by Hemingway on Thu, Apr 14, 2011, at 1:52 PM
  • But notre dame can't post baseball scores... In baseball season...???

-- Posted by BG10 on Thu, Apr 14, 2011, at 2:09 PM
  • Hemingway....you called semohoops, semopoops. You once opined that was due to a typo.... The 3rd grade comment has to do with your corny responses/comebacks....i.e. "buddy boy", "silly gooses", "dirty birds", "yellow", etc. The fact that I have to explain it to you also speaks volumes.

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Thu, Apr 14, 2011, at 2:38 PM
  • I guess it's just wishful thinking on my part for all these sikeston kids to put their allowance together and invest in a website domain called "sikestonball.com" and then they could all gather in their parent's basement and watch youtube videos, take online classes, search through google and teach themselves how to create and run said webpage. Oh well, one can sure dream...

Anyways, Congrats sikeston on being the greatest team and having the greatest season EVER in SEMO and possibly the state!!! Bring home that virtual national championship!!!

-- Posted by Dr. Basketball on Thu, Apr 14, 2011, at 3:00 PM
  • semopoops, I almost forgot about it.....I love it! That's why I love you Hemingway. I'm still determined to get that put on my license plate.

-- Posted by semohoops on Thu, Apr 14, 2011, at 3:01 PM
  • dirty....

Once again....you don't have to respond or even read it for that matter. I haven't even clicked on the baseball scores from other teams and other things that are on here. Why?? Because that doesn't interest me. I have no problem with someone starting a thread about their team or posting scores on here.

On another note.....thanks for the compliment though...you are probably right!!! Sikeston did have the GREATEST SEASON EVER in SEMO!!!

Obviously, the title about the virtual national championship intrigued you enough to read it. If you don't like it, just don't respond.

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Thu, Apr 14, 2011, at 3:13 PM
  • I think a couple Bluejay fans were told by a few Sikeston fans to stop bringing up the past. Hmm.

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Thu, Apr 14, 2011, at 5:07 PM

There's a difference between riding a 1992 state title as your main point for debating and just having some reminiscing. There isn't any debate here. Plus, it wasn't a "couple of Bluejay fans" but everybody's favorite former all-state player who is no longer welcome on the site.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Thu, Apr 14, 2011, at 5:36 PM
  • Either way, "Who cares, *clap clap*, who cares, *clap clap* ".

Threads like these are why I consider Sikeston fans the worst of the worst. Great kids and coaches on the team, too bad their fans can't learn something about class from them.

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Thu, Apr 14, 2011, at 6:03 PM

As a prominent "so called" sikeston hater, I chose to read this thread and post that I agree with everything Hemingway, BG10, dirty, and farmboy has said. Just to show how more people have negative comments on this thread, and the only positive ones are from sikeston fans. Sure you may say "were jealous of your single state championship" or "we don't have to read this" but this forum just shows how sikeston fans are the most annoying, with their WWMPD bracelets (what would michael porter do). Now I will wait the about 7 secs it'll take semohoops to bash my post. Good day ladies, stay classy :)

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Apr 14, 2011, at 6:19 PM

This is lame. More entertaining than baseball i suppose though.

-- Posted by CL on Thu, Apr 14, 2011, at 6:31 PM
  • Buck, as you see neither one of the dynamic duo wants any of my basketball challenge. I will play them one on two and EVEN give them the ball. All that talk boys and evidently no game to back it up----so that's what it is, all talk. Sidelinefarter, I think I will even let you play on their team as well. Heck, me and Bucky will take you guys on 3 on 2. Then we will play double or nothing on the links!

-- Posted by Hemingway on Thu, Apr 14, 2011, at 7:21 PM

Def can't touch us on the links!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Apr 14, 2011, at 7:38 PM
  • Sikeston fans are the worst? Usually people don't like us because we beat you.. And that's pretty much true.. At least I don't whine about everything and bet my doublewide in a pick up basketball game..

Or start reposting after a few months of a down sport..

Or complain about the people that post on here..

THIS IS NOT LIFE OR DEATH

Burrrrrr

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Thu, Apr 14, 2011, at 7:59 PM
  • Huh?

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Thu, Apr 14, 2011, at 9:06 PM
  • inspector, little people need not apply to this conversation.......especially trash talkers. We could make you the ref (since you don't know how to play) if your fellow brethren would pony up and play the "pro".

-- Posted by Hemingway on Thu, Apr 14, 2011, at 9:27 PM
  • More then likely your built like a bowling ball, my moms side of the family were full of all-staters.. Id take you and your mullet to the basket all day..

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Thu, Apr 14, 2011, at 9:29 PM
  • Got stuck with the weakside of the gene pool though eh? Lol jk

-- Posted by BG10 on Thu, Apr 14, 2011, at 11:47 PM
  • I will take PB's title run in 05 as the best run ever in semo

-- Posted by BIGELW on Fri, Apr 15, 2011, at 7:11 AM
  • BIGELW....I don't necessarily disagree with you. Those PB teams were awesome! My comment about Sikeston's run was in response to a sarcastic comment.

I just think it's funny how these guys on here say that Sikeston fans can't talk until we win a title. Then, when we do, we are bringing up the past. Yeah....real distant past.....less than 60 days ago!! Just keep hating Sikeston and we'll keep piling up the W's!!

SS....it must been another typo. I think someone needs to have their keyboard checked out.

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Fri, Apr 15, 2011, at 8:31 AM
  • I suggest some of you people get out from behind your computers and get out to some games. If you think Sikeston fans are obnoxious, you should get out more. Have you been to any small school games around here? WOW. That's all I can say.

-- Posted by semohoops on Fri, Apr 15, 2011, at 10:21 AM
  • Can't agree more about some of the small school fans, must be small school sydrome

-- Posted by BIGELW on Fri, Apr 15, 2011, at 2:06 PM
  • Some people should look in the mirror if you want to see obnoxious fans. Sikeston's fans are tame compared to some of the things I've seen. I saw some ruthless behavior (it was unbelievable actually) at the small school state tournament this year. There are some bad ones at Sikeston. No doubt. But there are bad ones everywhere. It's just that Sikeston's seem to be more numerous (on message boards in particular) and their teams are backing up their boasts, which makes them even more unpleasant for some people, lol.

-- Posted by semohoops on Tue, Apr 19, 2011, at 2:02 PM
  • semopoopsman, I'm STILL waiting on that invite for a little basketball game with you and your boys! Rocketboy must be "yellow" to play the game or he'd have responded to my challenge. How goes it rockettoy?

-- Posted by Hemingway on Tue, Apr 19, 2011, at 2:21 PM
  • I told you, non-ballaz are not allowed!

-- Posted by semohoops on Tue, Apr 19, 2011, at 2:31 PM
  • It's time for the topic to be laid to rest, along with the "basketball" state rankings!

-- Posted by semo7178 on Tue, Apr 19, 2011, at 11:01 PM
  • I was just curious how the crow tastes. I have always found that warm crow is easier to choke down than crow that has gotten cold.

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Wed, Apr 20, 2011, at 8:53 AM
  • State championships don't happen every day. I figure Sikeston fans will milk this one for a while.

-- Posted by semohoops on Wed, Apr 20, 2011, at 9:02 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: