Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: Possible state championships...

Posted by joefrank78 on Wed, Mar 23, 2011, at 10:04 PM:

How many teams from S.E. Mo. could have won a state championship with Otto Porter on their team. Obviously Bernie, Charleston, probably Cape Central, Notre Dame, possibly Leopold, Oran, Oak Ridge, Kennett, Jackson, Advance, etc. I believe he is that good.

Replies (7)

• Sikeston...oh wait, they didn't need him to do that.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Wed, Mar 23, 2011, at 11:41 PM
  • Any of the contending teams Kennett Charleston Cville in Class 3. Bernie or Portageville in Class 2. Leopold Oak Ridge in Class 1. ND Sikeston or maybe even Dexter in Class 4. Cape Central in Class 5. He was that good.

-- Posted by bootheelhooper on Thu, Mar 24, 2011, at 8:47 AM
  • Very good point; I think the same argument could be made for Flannigan, Porter, and Tolbert.

-- Posted by semo7178 on Thu, Mar 24, 2011, at 5:16 PM
  • bootheelhooper,why put Sikeston's name on your list? Just in case you have been gone oversea or something,we won in our class.

-- Posted by TFA on Thu, Mar 24, 2011, at 6:40 PM
  • Of course you did, so of course you would have with Otto since he was better than every player in the area. Of course he would have made Sikeston even better than they were. I was just listing every team in the area that might have won it with him, including Sikeston. Here is another question. Would SCC have won it without him? They were pretty dominant and had several other good players. I think they might have. It wouldn't have been easy but those other kids they had were good players.

-- Posted by bootheelhooper on Thu, Mar 24, 2011, at 7:17 PM
  • SCC could have won it, there wouldnt be near the blowouts they had but Dadeville kept them to a pretty close game, and without him they would have been pretty small, which means they'd have to press teams all day and do sort of what sikeston did this year, but they dont sub very often because they didn't have to, so we really don't know who could have stepped up for what he did.. Which would have took tons of players from any team

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Thu, Mar 24, 2011, at 11:53 PM
  • I throw into class 1, especially since they already have 2 guys with over 2000 career points.

-- Posted by exzalmanian on Fri, Mar 25, 2011, at 2:56 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: