Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: Cape vs. Mcluer North in Farmington next Wed.

Posted by CTathletics2010 on Sat, Feb 26, 2011, at 2:23 PM:

What does Cape have to do to win? And who do you think ends up winning this game?

Replies (5)

McCluer North is pretty much a two-headed monster with B.J. Young as the athlete who can score from a lot of different spots and Jordan Granger who plays big on the inside. They play fast like Sikeston but without the bench to back it up so it isn't so much of a frenetic pace. Cape is going to have to clog the inside to prevent Granger from taking over the game (which they can do with the way that James Lane and TJ Tisdell have been playing lately) and they also need to limit the points from the rest of the team which isn't as tough as it may seem. Let BJ get 25, limit Granger, and play a patient game on offense where you don't let the McNorth defense rattle them and Cape can win this game. Their talented guard play especially from Curtis is going to be necessary as well. I think McNorth is probably going to pull out this win by about ten or so, but Cape would not shock me at all by pulling this upset.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Sat, Feb 26, 2011, at 2:31 PM

Oh, and get B.J. off his game and emotional if you can. The kid can be a hot head and get into foul trouble easily. Getting him out of focus will help. I expect the Jungle to be in full force to give him a "warm" welcome.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Sat, Feb 26, 2011, at 2:32 PM
  • I think if they attach Granger down low and get him in foul trouble they could really pull one out here. Question is, do you let bj young do his thing and stop the team, or worry about him and not about the team?

-- Posted by CTathletics2010 on Sat, Feb 26, 2011, at 8:55 PM
  • Get in bj's head, give him elbows down low and hand check the crap out of him, if you have to foul him to prevent an easy basket then foul him hard enough to take him to the ground while going for the ball. Im not sure if we have an answer for granger, he seems like the type of player otto is except without the ball handling skills.

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Sat, Feb 26, 2011, at 9:04 PM
  • BJ will get his, the Granger kid is not much better than Central's bigs. Central has a good chance of beating this team especially if Mac North comes in overconfident. Go Tigers!!

-- Posted by wolfwoman on Sat, Feb 26, 2011, at 9:59 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: