Replies (6)

• 1 Sikeston (21-0)

2 Dexter (13-10)

3 Notre Dame (13-11)

4 Perryville (17-5)

5 Fredericktown (12-12)

6 Ste. Genevieve (0-17)

-- Posted by mandm96 on Wed, Feb 16, 2011, at 2:37 PM

When is the last time that Dexter had a 1 or 2 seed in the district tournament? I think it was the 2004-2005 season. That in itself is an accomplishment for the Bearcats. So I guess the question right now is: who will face Sikeston in the finals?

-- Posted by sideline starter on Wed, Feb 16, 2011, at 2:38 PM
  • I think we are looking at a Sikeston vs. Dexter final. Stranger things have happened though!

-- Posted by mandm96 on Wed, Feb 16, 2011, at 2:40 PM
  • IMO I think Notre Dame. I don't have anything to back that statement up. But I just think, like always, they will somehow beat Dexter to face Sikeston.

-- Posted by dog2167 on Wed, Feb 16, 2011, at 2:42 PM

I'm not so sure who it will be. Dexter may have the extra motivation of being on their home court along with the confidence that they have already defeated Notre Dame this season. I think that the semi-final game between those two will be the most memorable game this year.

On a sidenote, I think there is a lot of karma this year with the question of IF Notre Dame can make the finals. If anyone remembers last year, Sikeston came into the semis having already defeating Dexter twice by thirty plus and Notre Dame fans trying to pile on that Dexter may pull the upset on Sikeston. Now, the tables have turned and those same ND fans are nowhere to be found.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Wed, Feb 16, 2011, at 2:47 PM
  • On the girls side, Here are the seeds:

Notre Dame - 1

Dexter - 2

St. Gen - 3

Sikeston - 4

Perryville - 5

Fred - 6

What are the thoughts on this one?

-- Posted by Dexter Native on Wed, Feb 16, 2011, at 3:04 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: