Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: Charleston 68 Portageville 67

Posted by Pvilledawgs on Fri, Feb 11, 2011, at 9:33 PM:

Heck of a game, both teams played extremely well. Tevin Walker did not play for us, he has a minor ankle injury and had to sit out

Replies (10)

• The thing that impressed me was how well Portageville's bench performed against a really good Charleston team.

-- Posted by paulbd on Fri, Feb 11, 2011, at 10:15 PM

I beg to differ but Charleston didn't play very well, at all. Too many low percentage shots taken when a teammate was left unguarded; poor rebounding; played without intensity...an overall poorly played game by the Jays. No disrespect to P'ville intended; they're a scrappy bunch.

-- Posted by birdfan on Sat, Feb 12, 2011, at 7:49 AM

I agree Birdfan.. Poor rebounding and shooting poorly is what cost Cville at Kennett.Glad our teams are getting them types of games out of the way when it don't count. Let's hope both teams pick it up come districts and play like they should play. Districts will be pretty fun to watch this year IMO.. Good Luck to the Jays the rest of the way.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Sat, Feb 12, 2011, at 1:13 PM
  • Charleston had their worst game of the season & still pulled it out. Had Charleston been half way on their game they would have beat Pville by 20. Charleston looked flat the whole game. 1 point win but I will take that any day when my team isnt on point! No disrespect to Pville but the showed nothin.

-- Posted by Basketballbj on Sat, Feb 12, 2011, at 2:25 PM
  • pville showed nothing? regardless of how bad you played, they played you to one point on your home floor without a starter.

-- Posted by GSP on Sat, Feb 12, 2011, at 2:53 PM
  • What did pville show u? The Jays played no where close to what they are capable of playing! No one but Parham had a good game for Charelston & he was out late with cramps! Home floor or not, if Charelston plays them again they will beat Pville by 15-20!

-- Posted by Basketballbj on Sat, Feb 12, 2011, at 3:58 PM
  • No excuses should be made.. it was a good game. No one is a one man team, and it doesn't matter if there were low percentage shots. Teams need to come out every game playing their best no matter if they're playing the number one team in the nation, or the worst. Come unprepared and miss your shots, and an upset will happen, like this almost was.

-- Posted by JH4 on Sat, Feb 12, 2011, at 6:12 PM

No excuses. My response was to the original post stating that both teams played extremely well. One did not; perhaps P'ville did. But, hey, when you get a win when you're not at your best, there's nothing wrong with that!

-- Posted by birdfan on Sat, Feb 12, 2011, at 7:15 PM
  • I agree with you birdfan, when you get a win when you re not at your best, theres nothing wrong with that! As far as you JH4, theres a difference between making excuses & stating facts! Remember that. Also when has "ALMOST" won a ballgame? Pville did only what any team is suppose to do when another is not at their best and that take advantage of the open shots & etc.

-- Posted by Basketballbj on Sat, Feb 12, 2011, at 8:45 PM
  • You can't argue with logic.

-- Posted by GSP on Sat, Feb 12, 2011, at 10:01 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: