Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: Any big games tonight?

Posted by Rachel Crader on Fri, Feb 11, 2011, at 7:00 AM:

I'm thinking about getting out of the office and taking in a game tonight. Any interesting matchups scheduled?

:)

Replies (25)

• CT

-- Posted by centraltyga on Fri, Feb 11, 2011, at 7:18 AM
  • Nothing comes to mind...

-- Posted by Jason Porter on Fri, Feb 11, 2011, at 7:23 AM
  • Bloomfield goes to Scott city tonight, should be a very intertaining game.

-- Posted by Hightops on Fri, Feb 11, 2011, at 7:25 AM
  • Small school Chaffee at Oak Ridge (assuming it's still on). Rematch of Christmas tournament consolation championship and prelude to the MVC championship game.

-- Posted by deadred on Fri, Feb 11, 2011, at 7:26 AM
  • Yikes that should be entertaining !!!

-- Posted by Hightops on Fri, Feb 11, 2011, at 7:26 AM
  • Crader Chaffee @ OR. The game before the game.You know what I mean. Leopold @ OR sat. 1:30. Both be good small school games.

-- Posted by oak ridge fan on Fri, Feb 11, 2011, at 7:28 AM
  • Thought you were going to the cape-sikeston game anyway.

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Fri, Feb 11, 2011, at 7:29 AM
  • omg semo you dumb

-- Posted by centraltyga on Fri, Feb 11, 2011, at 7:31 AM

^Apparently some people are missing the sarcasm of this post.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Fri, Feb 11, 2011, at 7:32 AM
  • ^apparently youre the one missing the real sarcasm there

-- Posted by centraltyga on Fri, Feb 11, 2011, at 7:32 AM

That was pointed towards SemoSports. You just posted in-between. Calm it down.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Fri, Feb 11, 2011, at 7:34 AM
  • I was hoping not to flood this thread w/ Sikeston/CT banter, but I guess it's inevitable. I'm a Bulldog fan living in Cape and I will be leaving town for the game @ 5 to get a decent seat. I was wondering what other posters will be in attendance...Tyga, I will be sitting behind Sikeston bench, as usual.

-- Posted by Jason Porter on Fri, Feb 11, 2011, at 7:34 AM
  • I hope this entire thread is sarcasm... because Sikeston - Cape is said to be the game of the year.

-- Posted by Sanitary South on Fri, Feb 11, 2011, at 7:34 AM

None come to mind... oh yeah Sikeston v.Central... Maybe, for once, they'll live up to the hype.

-- Posted by Shadow-the-hedgehog on Fri, Feb 11, 2011, at 7:35 AM

Sonic, the only game I've ever seen that has lived up to this much hype was Sikeston-SCC. I don't expect this one to either though it would be nice.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Fri, Feb 11, 2011, at 7:36 AM

I was talking about Cape. Also It'll hpoefully be a sea of red tonight(red rush). Students get your Free ZP and B-Money shirts ready.

-- Posted by Shadow-the-hedgehog on Fri, Feb 11, 2011, at 7:39 AM

I know. I was just stating about hyped up games in general.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Fri, Feb 11, 2011, at 7:42 AM
  • Portageville @ Charleston

Charleston has their eyes on districts, and may over look a talented Pville team.

Kennett @ Dexter

Kennett playing good ball, Dexter struggling down the stretch. Rematch of the Bloomfield Christmas tournament championship game.

-- Posted by paulbd on Fri, Feb 11, 2011, at 1:32 PM

I will be at the game and ready for a good one...

See you all there at 5 o'clock... I just got my folding chair and waiting on the doors to open...

-- Posted by Haterade on Fri, Feb 11, 2011, at 2:03 PM
  • I'll be traveling across four states to make this game. About 2 1/2 hours worth of driving. I wouldn't miss it for the world.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Fri, Feb 11, 2011, at 2:42 PM
  • So I guess it sounds like maybe I should check out this Cape Central-Sikeston game...haha. I'll see you all there. Please do say hi and introduce yourself if you're so inclined. I'm super friendly.

For my smaller school brethren, Marty will be taking in the Oak Ridge-Chaffee game tonight. I'll be waiting on that score with interest for sure.

-- Posted by Rachel Crader on Fri, Feb 11, 2011, at 2:55 PM
  • Hightops, the Bloomfield-Scott City game is postponed until Monday.

-- Posted by southeastmobaseballfan on Fri, Feb 11, 2011, at 3:02 PM
  • Doniphan against Twin Rivers. OFC tournament finals

-- Posted by semo-dude on Fri, Feb 11, 2011, at 3:02 PM
  • Sideline my comment was a little sarcastic also. As in, there are other games to go to tonight besides cape-sikeston? I don't think this is as hyped as scc-sikeston 1 though because people from so many schools were talking about going to it including a lot of semo students.

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Fri, Feb 11, 2011, at 3:12 PM

Kudos to Chaffee for a MAJOR turnaround season this year with two tourney trophies. having personally interviewed Coach Govreau for pre-game, he's proud of his kids' season. Could be the building blocks for something special in the next few years.

Oak Ridge being state ranked says someone's finally getting the message about small school basketball in this area.

-- Posted by vincebrown on Fri, Feb 11, 2011, at 3:38 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: