Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: McDonalds All American rosters released today.

Posted by BB-BORE on Thu, Feb 10, 2011, at 6:25 PM:

but you fail to mention the 2 local nominees..

Replies (18)

• probably because they didn't make it.. Everyone in missouri knew it would either be beal or young.. But which one

The titles "Mcdonalds All American Roster released today"

Not the nominees.. there was already one for that

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Thu, Feb 10, 2011, at 6:28 PM
  • i mean if he's going to say Young is out he might as well list Otto and Jake.

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Thu, Feb 10, 2011, at 6:31 PM
  • "Everyone in missouri knew it would either be beal or young".. Thats probably why he didn't

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Thu, Feb 10, 2011, at 6:32 PM
  • ehhh whatever.

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Thu, Feb 10, 2011, at 6:33 PM
  • People around the country are just now getting to hear about Otto, before long a lot of people will know him..

And as for tolbert.. Well no comment

Young and Beal are two of the best players in the country, they are probably the only two from missouri that mulitple writers know about..

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Thu, Feb 10, 2011, at 6:35 PM
  • Young just came onto the scene over this past summer but was exploited quick, thus why he went from small college offers to signing with arkansas over 4 months. Beal, well there isn't really much to say about him he's just a beast, I'm looking forward to the game on saturday to watch beal for the first time and Young against some good competition.

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Thu, Feb 10, 2011, at 7:30 PM
  • In the article below, Brian Snow lists Otto and Young as two of the snubs for the game. In Otto's case he mentions it simply came down to not enough people have actually seen him play, but that before its said and done he could end up in the top 25. Young's issue wasn't talent, but the fact he hasn't been eligible to play the last three years in addition to the 3 games he was suspended for this season.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/1047347.html

However I should mention that Eric Bossi from Rivals stated on a Mizzou website that Otto was going to get an invitation to the Jordan Brand All American game.

-- Posted by Crash Davis on Thu, Feb 10, 2011, at 7:44 PM
  • ch. 12 KFVS news said Otto would be playing in the Jordan Brand All American game!!!

-- Posted by DA#1OLDCAT on Thu, Feb 10, 2011, at 10:03 PM
  • So does tomorrow's Southeast Missourian. :)

-- Posted by Rachel Crader on Thu, Feb 10, 2011, at 10:09 PM

I'm glad to hear that Otto made an All-American game. The kid has had to work harder than anyone just to make the list considering that he never got his name out there through AAU. He's proving that if you have enough talent, you will shine through. Unlike most, I'm hoping he goes to Memphis. It is a lot closer for his family and I feel like he would be a better addition to that system and the players there than he would be up at Mizzou. I know most will disagree.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Thu, Feb 10, 2011, at 10:32 PM

You think so? I think that they have the talent in place to continue developing, it depends on if they go to the NBA or stick around. My thought is that they are just young this season. Give them a little time.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Thu, Feb 10, 2011, at 10:45 PM

I actually agree sideline! I think Memphis would be awesome. And in no way do I think their dying, there draft class coming in next season is isanely good!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Feb 10, 2011, at 11:13 PM
  • I also think memphis is a good fit for him but im a mizzou fan so I want him there. In no way are they dying though, they are down a little this year due to playing with a team with 5 different freshmen getting a lot of playing time. I think they have 1 senior that starts and the rest don't play.

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Fri, Feb 11, 2011, at 7:12 AM

Memphis isn't dying but they arn't the same level as they were a few years agoor Missouri's now

-- Posted by Shadow-the-hedgehog on Fri, Feb 11, 2011, at 7:25 AM
  • I agree with gadget on that, which is scary :p haha jk, Otto will be well known soon enough. He has a few offers from big-name schools, and people are starting to see him. Not playing AAU ball hurt him just a tad on exposure. IMO. Either way he is a great player, and is constanly seeing more and more attention from college ball teams.

-- Posted by Sanitary South on Fri, Feb 11, 2011, at 7:37 AM
  • I know I said I don't think Otto will go to Mizzou, but Mizzou fits his style of play PERFECTLY. Mizzou, besides the BorderWar Game, plays a fast-paced, in your face 24-7, style game. The SCC team he plays for now, runs the same type of gameplay. He would already be accustomed to the game play, and wouldn't have to make much of a transition at all.

-- Posted by Sanitary South on Fri, Feb 11, 2011, at 7:49 AM
  • Congrats to Otto for the ESPN high school game. That is a great accomplishment.

-- Posted by Proud MaMa on Sat, Feb 12, 2011, at 3:30 PM
  • i hope otto goes to mizzou. it would help mizzou out a lot next year.

-- Posted by batman&robin on Sun, Feb 13, 2011, at 10:40 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: