Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: Who has the best jerseys or outfits?

Posted by Ktownballer18 on Tue, Feb 8, 2011, at 4:03 PM:

In my opinion Kennett does.. What about yours?

Replies (40)

• I see you can make new posts, but couldn't answer my question about who will beat sikeston in sectionals...

But someones already made this forum before..

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Tue, Feb 8, 2011, at 4:05 PM

Curtis Branch

-- Posted by CL on Tue, Feb 8, 2011, at 4:05 PM
  • Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders

-- Posted by deadred on Tue, Feb 8, 2011, at 4:16 PM

Seem to me like everyone other team in Southeast Missouri should go ahead and stop playing basketball because according to Ktownballer, Kennett has the best of everything. The best gear, Team, Players, bench, Coach, schedule, conference, Fans, Score keeper, gym, basketballs, maxpreps page, mascot, cheerleaders, buses, popcorn, best dressed coaches, team managers, hell they just have the best overall program. That's just Ktownballer's opinion, what about yours?

Last year was Kennett's first District title since 1975 and now all of a sudden they are world beaters. Give me a break.

-- Posted by I.P. Freely on Tue, Feb 8, 2011, at 4:55 PM

All the Kennett posters will die down next year because they will not be too good in basketball or football. Seems like they have a ton of supporters when they actually win but when they are rebuilding or have a sub par year, they are not anywhere to be found. To answer his question though, I always liked the Charleston Bluejays blue jersey. Just my opinion though. Also, I think Sikeston will win state this year also, not sure they will lose any on their way to the title.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Feb 8, 2011, at 5:00 PM
  • Seems like nearly every team has jordon jerseys now and they're all pretty close to each other.

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Tue, Feb 8, 2011, at 5:06 PM
  • I really like SCC's uniforms because of the sweet details and Central's black uniforms, even though they're same style as ND and maybe some other schools as SemoSports suggested. I just really like the orange on black with the black numbers.

I obviously haven't seen a lot of teams, including Kennett, so my opinion is limited by that.

-- Posted by Rachel Crader on Tue, Feb 8, 2011, at 5:28 PM
  • Sikeston has the best gear. Duh!

-- Posted by semohoops on Tue, Feb 8, 2011, at 5:44 PM
  • Out of all that I've seen (not many), I enjoy looking at Kennett's gold jerseys they rarely play in. Another team, Bay from Arkansas?, had some nice detail to their letters making it look cool. Also liked Sikeston's red color on their away jerseys.

-- Posted by JH4 on Tue, Feb 8, 2011, at 10:41 PM
  • centrals black uniforms are pretty tight

-- Posted by centraltyga on Wed, Feb 9, 2011, at 7:21 AM
  • I like SCC's darker uniforms, personally.

-- Posted by Sanitary South on Wed, Feb 9, 2011, at 7:38 AM
  • Ktown i just seen kennetts gold ones, and i thought you were just blowin smoke..

they are pretty fresh

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Sat, Feb 12, 2011, at 1:04 PM
  • Charleston Uniforms

Scc Uniforms

-- Posted by BlueJay Fan on Sat, Feb 19, 2011, at 11:18 PM
  • Charleston Uniforms

Scc Uniforms

-- Posted by BlueJay Fan on Sat, Feb 19, 2011, at 11:25 PM
  • SAXONY

-- Posted by Bball6 on Sat, Feb 26, 2011, at 6:55 PM
  • I think Scott City, Bernie, and Malden have neat-looking unis. Also just did a little research: Kennett's last district championship before last season was actually '74, not '75. They have won 3 district championship in baseball in the last 15 years or so, which is hard against Sikeston and N.D., who now gets some of their players from sikeston.

-- Posted by semo7178 on Sat, Feb 26, 2011, at 8:17 PM
  • I think Scott City, Bernie, and Malden have neat-looking unis. Also just did a little research: Kennett's last district championship before last season was actually '74, not '75. They have won 3 district championship in baseball in the last 15 years or so, which is hard against Sikeston and N.D., who now gets some of their players from sikeston.

-- Posted by semo7178 on Sat, Feb 26, 2011, at 8:43 PM
  • Yea a bunch of sikeston kids that went to catholic gradeschool

-- Posted by BG10 on Sat, Feb 26, 2011, at 9:32 PM

Charleston won the district in '75 and went on to win the state championship

-- Posted by birdfan on Sat, Feb 26, 2011, at 10:15 PM

I pulled the year 1975 from this article:

http://www.dddnews.com/story/1616407.html

I don't know if their facts are right or not but that is where I found the info at. I do know that was the year Charleston won state though so the reporters info could be wrong. Unless the two teams were in different districts that year, I don't know if that would be the case or not.

Either way it doesn't matter, 74 or 75 it's still been forever since they won basketball district. Great feat for the school last year, but since does make Kennett the basketball powerhouse the "ktown posters" make them out to be.

As far as the baseball districts that's an useless comment. We are talking about basketball districts not baseball.

-- Posted by I.P. Freely on Sat, Feb 26, 2011, at 10:44 PM
  • @cheesehead: Are you the pot or the kettle talking about how the Kennett fans will "die down" when they aren't good anymore? C'ville fans burned up the internet during the Aleric Mullins/Adam Cecil/Jimmy Jackson years touting their greatness. Then, when the program had a couple of o'fers... they suddenly disappeared. Tiger fans jumped off the bandwagon (and the internet) faster than you can say jackrabbit when things went south. The weekly play-by-play from Judgedog all of a sudden were nowhere to be found. Now that they are formitable again, back they come. So please spare all of us the righteous indignation concerning the Kennett faithful.

-- Posted by robbincrosby on Sun, Feb 27, 2011, at 12:01 AM
  • One example of a measuring a strong fan base is how their teams are covered on radio, at least for those teams who live in cities with radio available. After trying for several weeks to tune into a Caruthersville game on radio, I was eventually told they could not find enough sponsors to have their games broadcast; puzzling, since I'm pretty sure they still do their football games! Seems a shame that so many other schools, smaller & larger get their basketball games on, regardless how good the teams are!

-- Posted by semo7178 on Sun, Feb 27, 2011, at 8:48 AM

Sikeston's radio coverage: The only time I can get them on the radio is when I'm in Sikeston while they're playing; I can pick them up on KSIM, the AM station; but, as soon as I leave the city limits, the reception leaves, too. I can never find them on an FM station.

Can a Sikeston fan help me out?

Same thing with Cape Central: the Cape stations cover Jackson, not Cape.

-- Posted by birdfan on Sun, Feb 27, 2011, at 9:05 AM
  • All Cape Central games all season and including post season can be heard on KAPE 1550 am/100.3 fm. The FM signal consistently covers a 30 mile radius day and night.

-- Posted by short-stop22 on Sun, Feb 27, 2011, at 10:51 AM

birdfan, the only true radio broadcast I know of is the AM one you mentioned. However, I know that KSIM also webcasts it on their website live. Just google 1400 KSIM and go to the website and click sports followed by Sikeston Sports Live. It plays the regular radio until about ten minutes before the game starts. Hope this helps.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Sun, Feb 27, 2011, at 11:00 AM

Thanks, sideline...helps when I'm home but sure doesn't help when I'm in the car..unless, I'm in Sikeston, that is!

AM stations just don't put out a signal strong enough. Just like KSIM, you have to be within the city limits of Charleston to pick up Charleston's AM station, KCHR at 1350. However, we're fortunate enough to have FM107.1 cover our games....so, when I'm in the car outside of Charleston, I can always pick up the game. Can't get AM1550 and only sometimes can get FM100.3..signal is weak enough that the radio scan won't stop on that station.

Again, thank you all for your help!

-- Posted by birdfan on Sun, Feb 27, 2011, at 11:42 AM

Yeah, AM does stink, but I'm way outside the coverage area most of the time anyway so that webcast is usually all I have.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Sun, Feb 27, 2011, at 11:45 AM
  • Sikeston actually has a FM singal as well on KRHW 98.9 it's the same 1520-AM broadcast just rebroadcasted on a FM singal.

-- Posted by Spencer Whitehead on Sun, Feb 27, 2011, at 1:01 PM
  • I'm not too big on who has the best uniform its whose wearing em longer into March I'm interested in.

I have to agree with dreaded though, I likes the Dallas Cheerleader uniforms; why do you think they were called "America's team"? Because of the super bowl rings? Naw, it's the cheerleaders uniforms:P

-- Posted by semolian on Sun, Feb 27, 2011, at 11:50 PM

is this queer eye for the sports fan?

-- Posted by Harry_Callahan on Mon, Feb 28, 2011, at 1:21 AM
  • Delta C-7

-- Posted by BulldogPride on Mon, Feb 28, 2011, at 11:37 AM
  • Been wondering...... I've noticed a few players wearing the long "pull-over sleeves" over their shooting arms. A basketball official told me there's a rule that basically states there is supposed to be some "health-related" issue in order to be permitted to wear them. Yet, it appears some may be wearing them just to because they want to! Any thoughts? I noticed a Kennett player wearing one at Jackson, and I've seen Holifield (Sikeston) and a couple others as well

-- Posted by semo7178 on Mon, Feb 28, 2011, at 1:53 PM
  • I never was a big Allen Iverson fan, but he sure got a trend started with the sleeve kind of like Michael Jordan did with the shaved head and the long shorts.

-- Posted by semohoops on Mon, Feb 28, 2011, at 2:09 PM
  • were did you say i can listen to a cC'Vill game at there Freely.

-- Posted by mule1993 on Mon, Feb 28, 2011, at 8:52 PM

I don't know where you can. C'ville as far as I know doesn't have a radio station following them. I know doniphan does but I don't know what radio station that is, Probably wouldn't be able to pick it up anyway. Sorry man.

-- Posted by I.P. Freely on Mon, Feb 28, 2011, at 10:16 PM
  • ---robbincrosby---

Just for your information, I have posted summaries of every Caruthersville football game that I have personally attended (and that is almost all of them) since the 2003 season. I do it primarily for the CHS kids, and CHS alum and fans who have no other way of keeping up with the Tigers. I post the summaries on www.mosports.com, on a free CHS-list to which many CHS alums subscribe, on my facebook page (for the last 2 seasons).

I have never posted summaries of CHS basketball games. I don't know why you dragged my "name" into this thread. I seldom post here on semoball. Regardless, I think anyone who knows me, knows that I am far from a "bandwagon" CHS fan. I assure you, I never "disappeared". Winning seasons, losing seasons, I am there supporting the Tigers.

With respect to all, I think it is certainly understandable why a fan is more active on the forums when his/her favorite team is having a good year.

-- Posted by Judgedog on Tue, Mar 1, 2011, at 11:29 AM
  • ---robbincrosby---

I went home at lunch and found my summary from the C'ville v. Kennett 2007 football game. By the way, 2007 was the only "o'fer" the Tigers have had since I started doing my summaries in 2003.

Here it is:

September 7, 2007

Hopke Field

Final Score: Tigers 12 Kennett 28

The young Indians pretty much dominated the young

Tigers, although the Tigers just could not appear to

catch a break tonight. Several fumbles by Kennett

were recovered by Kennett...a fumble or two by the

Tigers recovered by Kennett.

Jake VanAusdall followed the great game that he played

last week with another very good game tonight, both on

offense and defense. He has really developed into a

very good player...and he plays with all of his heart!

Tigers had 2 TDs...a Jake VanAusdall pass to Roy

Leasure and a Chad Fields run. Honestly, not a lot of

other Tiger highlights tonight!

This is a young Tiger team. . .at this point last year

I honestly didn't think that we had a chance to win

our District. I was wrong last year. Let's hope that

the Tigers stay healthy and continue to improve as the

season grows on and perhaps we can contend for a 5th

consecutive District Championship.

GO TIGERS GO!!!

----------------------

The Tigers went winless, but the summaries continued.

-- Posted by Judgedog on Tue, Mar 1, 2011, at 12:59 PM
  • ---Judgedog---

I apologize for any misinformation or any misconception I may have infered. You are a great ambassador for C'ville players, alumni and fans. I enjoy your game analysis (although admittedy biased) of the C'ville football games. I simply didn't remember you doing any that particular season, although, apparently you did. Once again, my apologies.

That being said, my main reason for even being on this thread was because I felt what Cheesehead said was uncalled for. As you said at the end of your previous post, it's understandable why fans are more active in the good years. Taking an unprovoked cheap shot at the Kennett fans and their athletes was something I felt needed to be addressed.

-- Posted by robbincrosby on Tue, Mar 1, 2011, at 7:21 PM
  • ---robbincrosby---

Apology accepted, and thank you for the kind words.

I agree that Cheesehead's comment was uncalled for. I guarantee that I am more active (and my summaries are longer and more detailed) when the Tigers are winning than when they are losing. For some reason, the "winning" summaries are always a little easier to compose!!!

I am reminded of a funny story from Mississippi State's legendary radio broadcaster Jack Crisil. For many years, Sonic sponsored a post-game "Sonic Drive of the Game" where Jack would paint a wonderful picture of the Bulldogs' best drive of the game. After a horrific shutout loss, where the Bulldogs hardly mustered a first down, Jack shortly said something to the effect of, "The Sonic Drive of the game today will be my drive from Starkville back home to Tupelo". Even for one of the best, he had less to say when his team was losing!!

Again, thanks for the apology. I'll bet I know where you will be Thursday night! ;-) I'll be there, too!

-- Posted by Judgedog on Tue, Mar 1, 2011, at 10:32 PM
  • The ref's! Black and white goes with everything!

-- Posted by tlks2much on Thu, Mar 3, 2011, at 11:02 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: