Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: Sikeston vs. Henry County

Posted by yah-yah on Sat, Jan 15, 2011, at 5:10 PM:

Sikeston is up 38-25 @ half.

Replies (54)

• I thought the game started at 3:00 guess I was wrong.Please keep me posted. thanks

-- Posted by TFA on Sat, Jan 15, 2011, at 5:16 PM

2nd half just started.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Sat, Jan 15, 2011, at 5:20 PM

I'd say Henry County is about to get hit with an unexpected run then.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Sat, Jan 15, 2011, at 5:21 PM

43-31 6 min left.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Sat, Jan 15, 2011, at 5:22 PM

Sikeston up 47-35 with 4 left in the 3rd.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Sat, Jan 15, 2011, at 5:27 PM

Sikeston is up 53-39 with 1:21 left in the 3rd.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Sat, Jan 15, 2011, at 5:33 PM

53-42 with 40 seconds left - Sikeston ball. The commentators are making it sound like the officiating is somewhat one-sided.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Sat, Jan 15, 2011, at 5:36 PM

53-44 Sikeston is ahead at the end of the 3rd.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Sat, Jan 15, 2011, at 5:37 PM

Sikeston has already been whistled for 9 team fouls in the 2nd while Henry County has 1.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Sat, Jan 15, 2011, at 5:39 PM

Somewhat? Look at what the officials there did to Soldan. They don't know how to officiate the fast pace basketball.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Sat, Jan 15, 2011, at 5:43 PM

Sikeston only up 4 now.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Sat, Jan 15, 2011, at 5:43 PM

59-55 with 4:30 left.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Sat, Jan 15, 2011, at 5:46 PM

Foul count is now 10-2.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Sat, Jan 15, 2011, at 5:46 PM

Have the fouls evened up at all?

-- Posted by sideline starter on Sat, Jan 15, 2011, at 5:47 PM

Sikeston is up 59-57 with 3:45 left.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Sat, Jan 15, 2011, at 5:48 PM

61-57 Sikeston.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Sat, Jan 15, 2011, at 5:49 PM

Foul count is 10-4 now.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Sat, Jan 15, 2011, at 5:49 PM

Unforced turnover on Sikeston. 2:32 remaining.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Sat, Jan 15, 2011, at 5:51 PM

Hip check on Darryl Howard...11-4 foul count.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Sat, Jan 15, 2011, at 5:51 PM

2:14 left, Sikeston up 61-58, Howard will shoot two after a timeout.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Sat, Jan 15, 2011, at 5:53 PM

63-58 Sikeston - fts for Porter - hits 1 out of 2.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Sat, Jan 15, 2011, at 5:55 PM

64-58 Sikeston, foul on Hatchett. HC will shoot 2.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Sat, Jan 15, 2011, at 5:56 PM

66-60 with 1 minute left.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Sat, Jan 15, 2011, at 5:57 PM

Timeout HC.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Sat, Jan 15, 2011, at 5:58 PM

I'm glad these guys are having a close game, proving they can close out teams.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Sat, Jan 15, 2011, at 5:59 PM

66-62, foul on HC. Hatchett will shoot 2.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Sat, Jan 15, 2011, at 5:59 PM

Hatchett hit both. 68-62 30 seconds left.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Sat, Jan 15, 2011, at 6:00 PM

25 seconds left, Sikeston ball, and HC is forced to foul.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Sat, Jan 15, 2011, at 6:01 PM
  • close game

-- Posted by TFA on Sat, Jan 15, 2011, at 6:02 PM
  • close game

-- Posted by TFA on Sat, Jan 15, 2011, at 6:02 PM

68-64 Sikeston with 16 seconds left - Sikeston ball. TO Sikeston.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Sat, Jan 15, 2011, at 6:02 PM

TO=Timeout.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Sat, Jan 15, 2011, at 6:02 PM

Sikeston wins 70-64. The 'Dogs improve to 14-0.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Sat, Jan 15, 2011, at 6:04 PM
  • now tell me why the game was so close,what is the other teams record anyone know?

-- Posted by TFA on Sat, Jan 15, 2011, at 6:07 PM

Henry County was 9-8 going into the game, according to Maxpreps.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Sat, Jan 15, 2011, at 6:12 PM

Tennesse officiating TFA. That's what did it.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Sat, Jan 15, 2011, at 6:14 PM

Tennesse officiating TFA. That's what did it.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Sat, Jan 15, 2011, at 6:14 PM
  • I heard their officiating is different than ours,not used to our kind of ball playing in Tennesse I guess

-- Posted by TFA on Sat, Jan 15, 2011, at 6:16 PM

Everyone wonders why they beat Cville by 25.. The refs are horrible in Tennesse and doesn't want to see a Tn team lose to a Mo team. Cville would give them a game at Cville, I promise you that. Sikeston would have beat them by 15+ if played at Sikeston.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Sat, Jan 15, 2011, at 6:37 PM

I agree Cheesehead. But it is a good lesson for the teams to be able to see how they would do when stuck in an 8 on 5 situation.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Sat, Jan 15, 2011, at 6:40 PM
  • Look at Cville's losses. Henry County, over there, at their shootout, where they already had Elbie Fonda out with an injury. They lost to Brighton who has a kid going to Memphis. They lost to Kennett early in the year where they only had a handful of practices. Cville is really coming on. Between Cville, Kennett, and Charleston that is going to be a fun district.

-- Posted by bootheelhooper on Sat, Jan 15, 2011, at 6:47 PM

I agree Cville is really picking it up. I still think they are a year away from really making a run in the playoffs and getting out of that district. Lots of underclassman on that team. Only starts 1 senior so they will be loaded next year and have the exp to back it up. Heeb has really turned Cville basketball around.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Sat, Jan 15, 2011, at 6:55 PM
  • Caruthersville didn't have a healthy squad at Henry County or Kennett. Both of these games were right after our football playoff season. Elbie Fonda, Shaw and Taylor had ankle injuries during football playoffs. Bootheelhooper,the officiating is different in TN. but I think our lack of practice time together and injury is what really hurt us at Henry County. The TN. officiating was terrible during the Dyersburg tourn. game that I saw. Congrats to Sikeston for the TN win against a good Henry County team. And Cheesehead, I agree, Heeb has made Caruthersville a great team to watch. The kids respect him and want to play hard.

-- Posted by caruthersvilletigerfan on Sat, Jan 15, 2011, at 7:23 PM
  • I respect how the kids from Sikeston handled the one-sided ref calls at Henry County. Rarely was there ever any change in their faces when a bad call was made. Hand the ball to the ref, help the other player off the floor, get in position to make the next play. Congrats to the kids from Sikeston and their coaches-you do us proud with more than just your basketball skills. As for a FEW of the the so-called adult fans from Sikeston. Look down at the kids sometime. You are not only embarassing yourself, but you are embarassing the kids and your town. If you came over to TN and thought you were not going to get a good helping of down-home-TN ref cooking then you were sorely misguided. You need to get out and watch way more basketball outside of the bootheel. Learning how to win under adverse conditions is what will help Sikeston get to the state finals. Your reactions to calls that don't go your way are over the top. You need to get on a treadmill first and then put on a striped shirt sometime and try your hand at the position you so like to criticize. Someone needs to Youtube your antics so MSHSAA can use it on one of their how not to be a fan videos.

-- Posted by citizen cyborg on Sat, Jan 15, 2011, at 9:41 PM
  • Citizencyborg it wasn't the fouls being called on the Sikeston kids that was getting everyone upset but the no calls when we were getting hammered. Wonder we didn't get someone hurt making a layup. That is not called Tenn officiating that is call homers. Have never seen a Sikeston crowd get as mouthy as they were and they sure had a reason. Citizen if you were there and could not see what was going on then you have a problem. Can feel sorry for the Soldan players and what they have had to go through now.

-- Posted by lastride67 on Sat, Jan 15, 2011, at 10:06 PM
  • I don't see how Henry Co. is just 9-8. They really impressed me with the way they handled Sikestons press and how they pressed Sikeston. As bad as the refs were and they were really bad, I thought some of the fans took it a little overboard. I don't know if the refs call all games like this one but if they do, the state of Tennesse must have some boring basketball games. There had to be close to 50 fouls called during the game. But playing a game like this and playing in the St. Dominic Christmas Tournament and seeing different kinds of refs will only help come the playoffs.

-- Posted by Fatboy1972 on Sat, Jan 15, 2011, at 10:08 PM
  • The schools in the bootheel play a lot of games in Arkansas and Tennessee. As somebody else said about the teams that have gone to Illinois for the Superman Classic, it's tough to win out of state. Those officials are going to 'take care of' the local team. Why would they not? They aren't going to see the Missouri team again that year, or ever! I bring this up to say this is a big, big win for Sikeston going over there winning. Officiating aside, Henry County has a good team. They are huge, have good guards, and they can shoot. That is a great win for Sikeston, beating a team like that, out of state where they didn't catch a break. This Sikeston team continues to impress.

-- Posted by bootheelhooper on Sat, Jan 15, 2011, at 10:12 PM
  • Fatboy, the Henry County point guard is Lennies McFerren's grandson. They have a 6'7 junior getting recruited at the D1 level. They have a 6'4 freshman that is even better than the 6'7 kid. This is a big win for Sikeston. Henry County plays in a league that has a D1 player on the floor every single night. That might explain their record. If they played in SEMO they would probably be better than everybody except SCC and Sikeston.

-- Posted by bootheelhooper on Sat, Jan 15, 2011, at 10:16 PM
  • I think that what then is on everyones mine is, if there that good, why do they need all that help they got tonight.

-- Posted by lastride67 on Sat, Jan 15, 2011, at 10:49 PM
  • Cyborg

If you are the "fan police" you ought to be man enough to talk to the person in which you are referring instead of hiding behind a name on semoball.

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Sat, Jan 15, 2011, at 10:55 PM
  • I guess no one remembers our game in playoffs last year when everyone thought we hosed when officials called a lot of fouls. We might consider that a lot of places call more fouls than SEMO. Maybe our area allows a lot of hacking to go on. By the way I watched Henry County game. They sat in 1/2 court zone while we pressed and trapped all over the floor. Duh, we fouled more... That's basketball...

-- Posted by Gotta B Kidding on Mon, Jan 17, 2011, at 5:22 PM
  • The fans are called the sixth man for a reason. They are supposed to pressure officials.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Mon, Jan 17, 2011, at 6:27 PM
  • Thanks for the love, bro. Believe it or not, I was reserved during the game.

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Mon, Jan 17, 2011, at 6:46 PM
  • Now, Now Rocket, I may have to talk to your father-in-law(who is an area official) and see that you get a good spanking! Ha! Maybe the Tenn. officials will help people respect our area refs alittle more! Ha! Quality win for Sikeston over a well coached and pretty talented Henry Cty. team. The Dogs could make a deep run this year in my opinion as long as they stay healthy and don't overlook anyone this year.

-- Posted by semo ref on Mon, Jan 17, 2011, at 7:22 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: