Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: For indianchief . . . Dexter or Kennett No. 1?

Posted by Dustin Ward on Mon, Dec 6, 2010, at 2:49 AM:

Indianchief . . . I promised to post this thread for you.

Here is the debate . . . Should Kennett or Dexter be the No. 1 seed in the Bloomfield Christmas Tournament this season?

Here is the argument for both sides . . .

Kennett - Kennett is the defending Bloomfield Christmas Tournament champion and returns most of its players from last season. Kennett has a better record than Dexter at 2-1 and defeated two very talented teams in Arkansas last week - Earle and Bay. Kennett has two of the best guards in Southeast Missouri in Fred Garmon and Randrick Caruthers.

Dexter - Dexter played Charleston to two points. Charleston defeated East Poinsett County 69-62. Kennnett lost to East Poinsett County 67-56. Dexter has one of the strongest centers in Southeast Missouri in Alan Flannigan. Kennett's one weakness, lack of height, could be Dexter's strength.

With all of this being said you may view my complete seedings for the tournament here: http://semoball.com/blogs/1541/entry/38619/

Note: I hope I don't upset anyone. I like both teams. In fact, I live every team in Southeast Missouri. But it sure is interesting debating debateable topics!

Replies (11)

• Lack of height didn't matter last year when Kennett beat them why is this year any different Kennett gets the #1 seed hands down.

-- Posted by BIGELW on Mon, Dec 6, 2010, at 7:13 AM
  • Kennett #1, no question.

-- Posted by BBfanatic on Mon, Dec 6, 2010, at 8:28 AM
  • Kennett should be the #1. Better record, defending sectional champs, and returning a large part of their team from last year. Dexter does have the big kid, but I don't think you should seed based on one player.

-- Posted by thesmartestpersonyoudon'tknow on Mon, Dec 6, 2010, at 9:24 AM
  • Well, Dexter's guard play has improved from last year as the kids have worked hard in that department. Alan has also improved greatly in all facets of the game. Dexter's speed is also improved. Go ahead and give Kennett the #1 if you want. Hopefully they will meet in the finals and we'll get to see who wins that one.

-- Posted by Dexter Native on Mon, Dec 6, 2010, at 9:27 AM

Kennet should be #1 seed. I also think theyll win the class 3 district this year.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Dec 6, 2010, at 9:59 AM

It really doesn't matter who is #1 or #2. They both will play each other in the finals and the best team will win, so seeding doesn't matter in this case.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Mon, Dec 6, 2010, at 12:50 PM
  • I actually see C'ville winning that class 3 district over Kennett or C'ton! Can you say the David Heeb effect?

-- Posted by Hemingway on Mon, Dec 6, 2010, at 1:07 PM
  • Tell us how you feel about the David Heeb effect after last nights game Hemingway.

-- Posted by mule1993 on Wed, Dec 8, 2010, at 8:06 PM

Mule1993- Most of Cville team played football and made a good run in the playoff's and is now getting in the swing of things in basketball. Kennett's season was over after week 10, and had plenty of time to get it together. Come districts, you will see a better Cville team. Its not like Kennett dominated them last night either, very competitive game. Kennett will face a stout Cville some districts, trust that.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Thu, Dec 9, 2010, at 2:03 AM
  • mule1993

I believe in the David Heeb effect. But I predicted good things for Caruthersville the day after Caruthersville signed Heeb when I was still posting as drawmules. I'm not surprised Caruthersville has become a contender so quickly.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Thu, Dec 9, 2010, at 2:15 AM
  • You got me on the football one . far as dominating the game, Kennett won by 12. If they wouldn't have tried to go to that slow down offence with six min left in the game 100 points was not going to be a problem. Kennett has two more balers that will be eligible in three weeks. Far as having more starts I will buy that. Kennett's first game of the year was against EPC in Arkansas and they could not buy a bucket not to mention a total lack of rebounds.

-- Posted by mule1993 on Thu, Dec 9, 2010, at 4:22 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: