Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: Coaching Openings

Posted by SEMO_Bball4 on Mon, Apr 18, 2022, at 1:53 PM:

Has anyone heard who Jackson might go after? Also who are the hires at Kennett, SCC or Naylor are?

Replies (8)

• Hope they cast a wide net not just local candidates.

This is a good job with tons of talent in the system!

-- Posted by objective fan on Sun, Apr 24, 2022, at 3:07 PM
  • Jackson is a big fish in a little pond. Their district has been weak for several years. With the exception of P.B. none of their district opponents are basketball schools. If they were playing teams their size every night they would never be .500. Wishing them and the new coach the best because i⁷t won't be easy.

-- Posted by wolfwoman on Tue, Apr 26, 2022, at 12:14 AM
  • The one candidate that came to my mind first was Mark Kiehne but I've heard he's content where he is. Not sure who Jackson hires but that basketball program has underperformed for several years. As much talent that has come through there in the past 5 years, Jackson should've dominated the area.

-- Posted by semocardsfan21 on Thu, May 12, 2022, at 8:43 PM

So you're just wanting to dominate the area in which Jackson is the largest school? Then what? Is that your expectation?

But Yes, Kiehne would be a nice addition as a coach if he would be willing to come back down this way.

-- Posted by $ecretagentman on Fri, May 13, 2022, at 12:29 PM
  • Thinking outside of Cape County might be beneficial, look what the football program became when Coach Eckley arrived granted lots of talent but you have too know how too coach the talent and put your kids in the best spots to have success.

-- Posted by objective fan on Fri, May 13, 2022, at 4:48 PM
  • Here's a list of guys I know/remember who worked at Jackson the last decade or so that could be possible HC candidates. Most of these guys aren't going to be options, but I was bored. Also, I do prefer the idea of looking at options outside of this area to bring a new perspective/concepts to the program

2021-2022 staff:

Quinn Poythress – Teacher at Cape

Kory Thoma – Optometrist

Former Staff:

Cory Barker – Former JV coach/Out of coaching

Cory Johnson – Notre Dame assistant coach

Mike Holloway – Former JV coach/Out of coaching/moved to Farmington to teach/admin

Jeff Beck – Former freshman coach/JV coach at Cape

Zac Moore – Former freshman foach/Head Coach at Clearwater

Tyler Abernathy – Former JV coach/Out of coaching/Jackson middle school principal

Other:

Kyle Keith – Former player/Head Coach and AD at Bloomfield

-- Posted by cd23 on Mon, May 16, 2022, at 1:47 PM
  • Kory Thoma has been announced as the next head basketball coach at Jackson.

-- Posted by semocardsfan21 on Mon, May 16, 2022, at 4:24 PM
  • Haha yep, right after I posted that he was announced.

Congrats to Coach Thoma. Wish him nothing but the best, and hope he does a great job at the helm

-- Posted by cd23 on Mon, May 16, 2022, at 5:37 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: