High School Basketball Forum: Stop making people pay.

Posted by orangeandblack on Wed, Jan 22, 2020, at 1:27 PM:

Semoball, please stop making people pay to be members of this forum. You arenít gaining subscribers. You are losing interested people.

Replies (18)

Itís $5 a month. The articles alone are worth it. Support your local news sources.

-- Posted by $ecretagentman on Wed, Jan 22, 2020, at 8:24 PM
  • What he said ^^^

-- Posted by Fish on Wed, Jan 22, 2020, at 8:45 PM
  • Agreed

-- Posted by ToeTheLine on Wed, Jan 22, 2020, at 10:50 PM

I held out for long time.... finally gave in...i mean there are lots articles/photos covering local HS sports....SEMO too! Well worth the $4.60 monthly. Glad I ďloosened up my walletĒ and subscribed!

-- Posted by indian73 on Wed, Jan 22, 2020, at 11:54 PM
  • I obviously pay the fee myself. But itís an Internet forum. Iím not talking about the articles. This forum lost a lot of people because of the fee.

-- Posted by orangeandblack on Thu, Jan 23, 2020, at 1:27 AM

Coverage has dropped off, it seems, since the fee was implemented. I used to be able to get scores in a timely fashion but thatís just not the case anymore. As for the forum, I agree that itís just not what it used to be since so many have left. When days pass without a new post, itís indicative of what has happened.

-- Posted by birdfan on Thu, Jan 23, 2020, at 9:31 AM
  • I do think it could actually increase subscribers if the forums were free to interact with. I have no issue at all paying for access to the write ups, pictures, etc...

-- Posted by CrusaderCrew on Thu, Jan 23, 2020, at 10:54 AM
  • birdfan, I agree regarding the coverage.

-- Posted by surfgurl_09 on Thu, Jan 23, 2020, at 12:13 PM
  • I agree with Crusader, the forums were the best part when everyone could log on and talk. Good and bad of course, but at least it was much more interesting. Allowing people to still talk on the forums, while not being able to get the pictures, stories, etc. Is a real good idea. Can't hurt

-- Posted by BallBoy4 on Thu, Jan 23, 2020, at 12:34 PM

Hello everyone,

I donít think people should have to pay for user and fan created content i.e. forums. Articles and pictures, fine. Forums and discussion boards, no. Just my opinion.

Hope you all are well friends

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Jan 23, 2020, at 12:44 PM

I do admit, Iím here for the stories. I will slightly modify my original statement, I think the forum should be free. The forums were much more interesting back then. If it werenít for the stories, I wouldnít pay for a forum alone.

As far as reporting is concerned, Alex from the SD is at some ballgame every night and writing 4-5 stories a week. Give him props.

-- Posted by $ecretagentman on Thu, Jan 23, 2020, at 1:09 PM
  • I should have been more clear in my original statement. I was talking about the forum than the articles and pics. Those shouldnít be free. But the forum would be so much better if everyone could access it.

-- Posted by orangeandblack on Thu, Jan 23, 2020, at 5:38 PM

Itís JUST $4.60 monthly! 🤷🏻‍♂️

-- Posted by indian73 on Thu, Jan 23, 2020, at 7:18 PM
  • Really. $4.60 is basically free. If someone doesnít wanna pay $4.60 then they probably donít have much interest in it anyway. They just wanna get on and mix it up with people or be negative. I canít see any parent or fan that would care to pay $4.60 if they were really interested.

-- Posted by Indian42 on Thu, Jan 23, 2020, at 7:54 PM

We live in COTTON country! $4.60 ainít nuthin! 😂

-- Posted by indian73 on Fri, Jan 24, 2020, at 12:26 AM
  • Public opinion should be open. I am assuming if you wrote a letter to speak out or some opinion type forum for the Missourian you don't have to pay.

-- Posted by objective fan on Sat, Jan 25, 2020, at 11:16 AM
  • It definitely seems that making people pay didnít attract anyone to the site. I pay the fee now because the forums led me to the articles. It just makes sense to have the forums open to anyone, and some of those people will then decide to subscribe.

-- Posted by orangeandblack on Sat, Jan 25, 2020, at 10:48 PM
  • Great article

-- Posted by Semo sports on Wed, Jan 29, 2020, at 11:38 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: