Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: SEMO Conf

Posted by cardinalnation on Tue, Oct 29, 2019, at 1:01 PM:

Basketball is right around the corner. Where do you see the SEMO Conf tournament seeds? Is Sikeston still the #1?

Replies (19)

• Charleston should be awful good but sure Sikeston will be in the hunt! Notre Dame will be good not sure about Cape Central and Jackson. Poplar Bluff prolly top 6 then from there Kennett, Dexter and NMCC.

-- Posted by indian73 on Tue, Oct 29, 2019, at 3:31 PM
  • So I’d say:

Ctown

Sikeston

ND

Jackson

CapeC

PB

Kennett

Dexter

NMCC

-- Posted by indian73 on Tue, Oct 29, 2019, at 3:33 PM
  • Seems about right indian. I'd even say to drop Jackson below Cape and maybe PB. They lost 4 starters and only return a couple who played meaningful varsity minutes

-- Posted by cd23 on Tue, Oct 29, 2019, at 7:00 PM
  • Ctown

ND

Sikeston

Cape Central

Jackson

PB

Dexter

Kennett

NMCC

-- Posted by cardinalnation on Wed, Oct 30, 2019, at 11:13 AM
  • Charleston

ND

Sikeston

Cape

Bluff

Kennett

Jackson

NMCC

Dexter

-- Posted by MCL on Thu, Oct 31, 2019, at 7:03 AM
  • Charleston

ND

Cape

Sikeston

Jackson

PB

Kennett

NMCC

Dexter

-- Posted by Basketball Junky on Sun, Nov 3, 2019, at 1:30 AM
  • I think you guys are underrating NMCC. They return a lot with a lot of experience. I'm not saying they they are at the top, but I don't think they are at the bottom either.

I like C'Town and ND at the top, though, as they have players returning who have already proven themselves as competitors at the varsity level. I would have to see the rest, though.

-- Posted by AgentMan on Mon, Nov 4, 2019, at 6:36 AM
  • The Mules should be listed higher. They always have good work ethics and a tough schedule. They always seem to show their best stuff by mid-year.

New Coach at Dexter may see improvement by mid-season.

I'm from the show me state. NMCC and Kennett will have to show me they can do better.

-- Posted by otheroldman on Mon, Dec 2, 2019, at 5:18 PM
  • Kennett is gonna be a lot better. They’ll be in every game. 13-13 last season but all 5 starters back and top 3 guys off bench back.

-- Posted by Indian42 on Mon, Dec 2, 2019, at 7:48 PM
  • What are the seeds and is there a bracket out yet?

-- Posted by Brian Becker on Thu, Dec 5, 2019, at 5:44 PM
  • @Brian Becker

1. Charleston

2. Notre Dame

3. Cape

4. Sikeston

5. Jackson

6. Bluff

7. Kennett

8. New Madrid

9. Dexter

Bracket (Hope this link works):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bpPHc-exNEFcVC8GNPKmOasqgoFKWhbg/view

-- Posted by cd23 on Thu, Dec 5, 2019, at 8:10 PM
  • The link works fine. Thank you!

-- Posted by Brian Becker on Thu, Dec 5, 2019, at 8:42 PM
  • Night 1:

NMCC beats Dexter in a close one

Cape with a nice win over Bluff. They look to have another very good team this year

Kennett with a huge upset over Notre Dame. Kennett took the early lead, and after 1st quarter ended I was waiting for ND to catch up and take the lead (they did) and then pour it on (which they could not do). They just could never get over the hump on the Indians to take a lead and put away the game. This is high school, so maybe ND kids were looking forward to their semifinal matchup with Cape then they came out and got hit in the mouth. I dont know what else to say besides that I was impressed by Kennett. They hit shots, made free throws, and kept their composure well enough down the stretch to get the big victory. Impressive win

-- Posted by cd23 on Mon, Dec 9, 2019, at 11:50 PM
  • Kennett had a horrible 2nd quarter scoring only 3pts, but still managed to put up 70 on a very big, tough and athletic ND team.

Kennett will give Cape all they want Thursday. Should be a good one.

-- Posted by Indian42 on Tue, Dec 10, 2019, at 12:23 AM
  • Sikeston won against a top 10 rated team in the state... A 4 seed will surely be used as motivation to do well in the tourney.... Also congrats on that huge Kennett win

-- Posted by maddsouth on Tue, Dec 10, 2019, at 2:16 PM
  • I have Charleston over sikeston Thursday night. Going to be another exciting game

-- Posted by tyler.meeks431 on Wed, Dec 11, 2019, at 5:49 PM
  • I’m hearing NMCC over Jackson by 13.... if so a very good win for NMCC!

-- Posted by indian73 on Wed, Dec 11, 2019, at 7:47 PM

Seeds will hold in championship semifinals: Charleston over Sikeston and Cape Central over Kennett

-- Posted by birdfan on Thu, Dec 12, 2019, at 7:03 AM
  • Kennett very capable of upsetting Cape Central! Never count out Sikeston! So I would put both those games as “toss ups”.

-- Posted by indian73 on Thu, Dec 12, 2019, at 1:28 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: