Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: Disappointed

Posted by TimeHop96 on Tue, Jan 15, 2019, at 7:33 AM:

This site honestly has been a disappointed since I signed up. Less scores, less write ups, no forum activity since semoball decided to start charging $5 a month. I get more info for scores on maxpreps

Replies (12)

• Amen.

-- Posted by semosportsfan3 on Tue, Jan 15, 2019, at 8:07 AM
  • The forum definitely took a hit. They do a good job of covering the sports/teams I am interested in reading about, so that alone is worth $5 to me. I am obviously not speaking for everybody.

-- Posted by AgentMan on Tue, Jan 15, 2019, at 8:18 AM
  • I understand charging a fee to read their articles, same as paying for a newspaper to read the sports articles.

Charging to read/post in this forum is my complaint.

-- Posted by semosportsfan3 on Tue, Jan 15, 2019, at 8:47 AM
  • I whole heartedly agree sportsfan. I don't mind paying for articles but Very few articles are posted of teams south of dexter. Like you said forum should be free for sure.

-- Posted by TimeHop96 on Tue, Jan 15, 2019, at 11:11 AM
  • 5 stories featured above these forums on the mobile screen are about teams south of Dexter.

-- Posted by Run the Race on Tue, Jan 15, 2019, at 6:14 PM
  • 5 of 9 high school lead stories on schools south of Dexter.

-- Posted by Run the Race on Tue, Jan 15, 2019, at 7:18 PM
  • Here’s some article headlines that just make me want to throw money at the paper.

Southeast Missouri State’s Men’s Basketball unable to contain Morant, Murray St home in loss.

Southeast Missouri State Women’s Basketball Unable to contain Turley in loss to Murray St.

-- Posted by Bill Shakespeare on Tue, Jan 15, 2019, at 9:27 PM
  • maxpreps has terrible info. Nothing is ever right and they are missing half the games and scores. I’m happy to have Semoball. I agree it took a hit but it’s still worth the little bit of money they charge. Only thing wrong with semoball is there’s a bunch of cry babies on it all the time.

-- Posted by Indian42 on Thu, Jan 17, 2019, at 7:04 PM
  • This site reminds me of mosports. It had a lot of people and now not so much. Good luck semoball. You're going to need it. I'm gone..

-- Posted by country-dude on Fri, Jan 18, 2019, at 11:12 AM
  • mosports will have more people if you and others post scores and other games related stuff. Right now it is dominated by west and northwest Missouri posters that didn't used to use the site at all. There is a class 1 tread on there about a mile long. A guy started it last season and when this season started he has one for it too. I read and post on Mosports a lot but there is very little posting from the semo area anymore except from Sikeston people on there basketball board. I like their format better than semoball myself. Never has been much from Park Hills, Farmington, MAAA conference folks either and they have had some good teams the last several years, especially the Park Hills girls. Also pretty much nothing from St. Louis except one former semo fella that likes to stir up the Sikeston folks. If we don't post then we don't get to complain about no posters I guess.

-- Posted by 3Rfan on Sun, Jan 20, 2019, at 2:11 PM
  • 3R, I’m on Mosports quite a bit, too. In fact, you and I have communicated on there before. I use a different handle on there. (Hint: Mr. Miller and I often disagree).

Metro does like to stir it with the Sikeston faithful. He is rather knowledgeable, but not as knowledgeable as he thinks he is.

The Class 1 thread can get rather long, but the guy dies do his homework.

-- Posted by ToeTheLine on Sun, Jan 20, 2019, at 2:29 PM
  • What was the name of the forum, back around 1999-2001 that the Standard Democrat ran? It was pretty good, was the precursor to this one I suppose. I remember posting on there quite a bit (I forget my handle) the I moved to MoSports for a while. MoSports kind of dropped off, at least for SEMO posters when this and, correct me if I am wrong, semosports.net?? came around.

I have been on and off these forums for almost 20 years and not a thing has changed. This is, though, the first one I've had to pay for. I've also been blacklisted from MoSports (maybe that's when I stopped using it?) for a while...

Either way, I prefer a more regional forum like this one.

-- Posted by AgentMan on Sun, Jan 20, 2019, at 10:57 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: