Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: New Basketball Coaches @ Kennett, NMCC, Advance...who and when??

Posted by basketball365 on Thu, Mar 8, 2018, at 11:30 AM:

Any word on who is in line to take over any of these programs?

Replies (28)

• why is advance coach done for?

-- Posted by bearcatbasketball999 on Thu, Mar 8, 2018, at 11:49 AM
  • It’s called retiring

-- Posted by TFA on Thu, Mar 8, 2018, at 11:54 AM

I think schools are waiting for the NCAA/FBI probe to play out before making their choices. I think Sean Miller would be a good fit at any of these schools, if they can afford the 100,000 payment to a secret account at the Bank of Advance

-- Posted by 6+4+3=2 on Thu, Mar 8, 2018, at 1:04 PM
  • 6+4+3=2 you old bird dog, it's been awhile since i've seen you on here.

-- Posted by navinjohnson on Thu, Mar 8, 2018, at 1:54 PM
  • All the attention and articles about NMCC and the controversy over coach Day's dismissal is with out a doubt going to hurt NMCC's attraction and ability to draw in good qualified coaches!!

-- Posted by bootheelball on Fri, Mar 9, 2018, at 8:52 AM
  • bootheelball-I agree. This is bad for the school and most importantly, the kids of NMCC.

If you carefully examine the article on Semoball concerning this you may conclude that the board member being quoted told on himself. This screams "selfish agenda" loud and clear.

-- Posted by ozzyandharriet on Fri, Mar 9, 2018, at 9:14 AM
  • There were 3 school board members mentioned in the article. If you wanna know who the next head coach/campus lifeguard will be, I would ask one of them.

-- Posted by Dr. Acula on Fri, Mar 9, 2018, at 1:20 PM
  • Also Doniphan, weird that all of a sudden their coach was done with just a couple weeks left in the season. But I guess that stuff kind of runs in the family.

-- Posted by Athlete on Thu, Mar 22, 2018, at 9:19 AM
  • Heard the Kennett job is already filled!

-- Posted by SemoSportsFan63831 on Thu, Mar 22, 2018, at 11:32 PM
  • Coach Bubba Wheetley of Advance has decided not to retire/resign and will be back coaching the Hornets for the 2018-2019 season, from what I’ve heard through the Advance grapevine.

-- Posted by The Legend on Thu, Mar 22, 2018, at 11:41 PM
  • Malden has an opening posted for HSBB head coach. Maybe Halford did go to Kennett?

-- Posted by gostlrams on Fri, Mar 23, 2018, at 8:46 AM
  • Yes, he did.

-- Posted by Shank on Fri, Mar 23, 2018, at 12:14 PM
  • Malden could be a good spot for Coach Day?

-- Posted by football hero on Fri, Mar 23, 2018, at 2:30 PM

Can anybody explain to me why Kennett is such a big draw? It seems as if they continually land the "hot" coaches only to have them leave after a couple of average years.

Am I missing something?

-- Posted by secretagentman on Fri, Mar 23, 2018, at 9:10 PM
  • Perhaps more stability at Kennett than some other schools? Just guessing.

-- Posted by Neversaynever on Sat, Mar 24, 2018, at 10:41 AM

secretagentman,If i was a coach Kennett would be attractive lots of athletes but can you make them basketball players!

-- Posted by porchswing on Sat, Mar 24, 2018, at 12:12 PM
  • Who got the Naylor job?

-- Posted by LeBum on Mon, Mar 26, 2018, at 3:14 PM

I believe Adam Epps!

-- Posted by porchswing on Mon, Mar 26, 2018, at 7:50 PM

Any updates to this or has everybody abandoned this site due to their ridiculous decision to force subscription for forum access?

-- Posted by secretagentman on Tue, Apr 3, 2018, at 9:12 PM
  • Zac Moore to Clearwater

-- Posted by LeBum on Wed, Apr 4, 2018, at 8:30 PM
  • heard Lennies Mc Ferren applied at NMCC

-- Posted by football hero on Thu, Apr 5, 2018, at 9:36 AM
  • Who is Zac Moore? Anyone here on who the new doniphan coach is? or NMCC? Wasn't Epps at Van Buren? Who do we think will replace Dowdy at Dexter

-- Posted by SEMO_Bball4 on Thu, Apr 5, 2018, at 10:11 AM
  • Also who is the new coach at Bell City?

-- Posted by SEMO_Bball4 on Thu, Apr 5, 2018, at 1:49 PM
  • I know of two people that have applied at Dexter, one a former coach and the other currently coaches at a small local school, i just don’t know if I’m allowed to tell.

Bell city has two former head coaches on staff, so I assume it will be one of those. Dom Johnson was at Richland the last two years. He was the asst coach this year and filled in as the head coach after Christmas. Adam Stoneking who was at Oak Ridge for the last 10-11 years coached volleyball there this year.

-- Posted by Former Jr High State Champion on Thu, Apr 5, 2018, at 2:36 PM
  • Zac Moore was an assistant at Dexter. Doniphan went to the JH boys coach. Epps was at VB for several years.

-- Posted by richierich on Thu, Apr 5, 2018, at 4:12 PM
  • Rumers has it David Heeb is the new girls basketball coach at Delta. Is this true?

-- Posted by The deltan on Fri, Apr 6, 2018, at 6:20 PM
  • Bunker R-III | 'Varsity & JH Girls Basketball Coach' | 'Coach (All Positions)' -- (posted 4/18/2018)

The Bunker R-3 School District is now accepting applications for Varsity & Junior High Girl's Basketball Coach for the 2018-19 school year. Teaching positions are available. Interested applicants should complete an online application on the school website at www.bunkerr3.k12.mo.us. Questions can be directed to Brian Meloy, Athletic Director or Melissa Nash, Superintendent, Hwy 72 and Eagle Pride Dr. Bunker, MO 63629, by email at bmeloy@bunkerr3.k12.mo.us, mnash@bunkerr3.k12.mo.us or by calling (573) 689-2211.

-- Posted by john1234 on Sun, Apr 22, 2018, at 11:21 AM
  • Epps was offered and accepted the Doniphan girl's basketball job. I was told he was about go to Naylor until that offer came along.

-- Posted by 3Rfan on Sun, Apr 22, 2018, at 9:13 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: