Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: Bluff at Kennett

Posted by sm0723 on Tue, Jan 23, 2018, at 9:13 PM:

Bluff wins 70-52.

It was 6 point game going into 4th, but Bluff pulled away about middle of the 4th to the final result.

Replies (31)

• Did Leech play?

-- Posted by deletable on Tue, Jan 23, 2018, at 9:18 PM
  • I wasn’t at the game but I’m sure he didn’t play because I’ve been told by a school board member at Bluff that Leech has been kicked off the team for something that happened at school. He said that’s all he could say, so someone else may know more.

-- Posted by CalPreps on Tue, Jan 23, 2018, at 9:26 PM
  • Other than Mrs Peters, anybody else hear that?

Terrible if true. I was at the Poplar Bluff Shootout when PB played Jonesboro and at that time, he was cleared to play physically. He just hadn’t had enough practices in at that time.

-- Posted by deletable on Tue, Jan 23, 2018, at 9:51 PM
  • I was told as well by a booster that he was removed from the team. I'm sure they will try to sweep it under the rug though.

-- Posted by Humpback on Tue, Jan 23, 2018, at 10:09 PM
  • Just FYI...

I've removed the post that connects an individual student-athlete with a rumor.

It's our forum policy to avoid negative posts about high school student-athletes, and I don't want the forum to be a place for speculation about teenagers.

I'm OK if someone wants to post they were told he's not on the team any longer, but this isn't the place for further discussion than that.

Thank you.

-- Posted by Josh Mlot on Wed, Jan 24, 2018, at 12:08 AM
  • Talked to a friend of mine who attended the game @ Kennett. Was told Dominique Hardimon scored 26ish for PB and Patrick Maddox scored 24ish for Kennett. (didn't know exacts)

Sounds like it was a good game going into 4th, Kennett must've run out of gas. Wish I would've made it.

-- Posted by deletable on Wed, Jan 24, 2018, at 8:11 AM
  • Kennett did run out of gas. Which brings me to a question that I can’t seem to answer, Why did Kennett play a Varsity starter and the Varsity big man in 2 quarters of the JV game? I saw most of the JV game and the Kennet kid did very well in the JV game and then I saw that he was a starter in the Varsity game. Just seemed very odd to do that when you only have 8 players on your varsity squad and almost double that on the JV squad. Both these kids seemed really gassed during the varsity game.

-- Posted by CrashDavis on Wed, Jan 24, 2018, at 5:52 PM
  • Thunder35.- clueless comment. Coach Will Durden is a class act. He would be the first person to discipline his players. He played for Jim Bidewell. Don’t know what years but remember him carrying himself well.

-- Posted by Forrest Gump on Wed, Jan 24, 2018, at 6:40 PM
  • The "guess Bluff will sweep this under the rug" comment ****** me off. Leech is a kid. It ain't nobodies business to know what happened. I can't stand stupid adults.

-- Posted by ozzyandharriet on Wed, Jan 24, 2018, at 7:11 PM
  • 17-18 years old ain't no kid.

If you don't want people to know what you are doing then follow rules or don't let what happened take place in a public school. This just doesn't look bad on him, it portrays the school, the team, the sponsors. So of course if I was apart of the situation i would want it "swept under the rug" as well.

-- Posted by Sharon peters on Wed, Jan 24, 2018, at 7:40 PM
  • Crash, I said Kennett must’ve run out of gas. Your first sentence says no they didn’t but your last sentence specified two players being gassed. So gas or no gas?

-- Posted by deletable on Wed, Jan 24, 2018, at 7:55 PM
  • Sorry. Can’t read while driving lol. Excuse me Mr Davis

-- Posted by deletable on Wed, Jan 24, 2018, at 7:58 PM
  • Sounds like someone needs to pull over and get gas before posting.

-- Posted by Sharon peters on Wed, Jan 24, 2018, at 8:03 PM
  • Made it! Again sorry for my lack of comprehension lol. It happens

Anyways, back to the point of thread; Kennett is really young this year. Besides P Maddox does any other senior play? They should be solid next couple of years.

-- Posted by deletable on Wed, Jan 24, 2018, at 8:10 PM
  • Jv has a 6'6 guy that runs the floor well and pretty athletic. Doesn't seem just greatly skilled but has potential.

-- Posted by Sharon peters on Wed, Jan 24, 2018, at 8:37 PM
  • Sharon peters.- I hope you don’t have any school affiliations. Sweep everything under the rug, huh. Your screen name says all we need to know about you. Stupid is as stupid does.

-- Posted by Forrest Gump on Wed, Jan 24, 2018, at 8:52 PM
  • Momma always says life is like a box of chocolates forrest. I could care less if they are trying to sweep it under rug or not I was measly replying to ozzy while he was going off the rails of the crazy train about "sweeping it under the rug"

-- Posted by Sharon peters on Wed, Jan 24, 2018, at 9:17 PM
  • Hahahahaha! This guy actually quoted the freaking movie. No way! LOL

-- Posted by deletable on Wed, Jan 24, 2018, at 9:24 PM
  • I know nothing about the the issue with Leech/P.B., this is the first I heard of it, but how is removing a kid from your team "sweeping something under the rug? "

-- Posted by 3Rfan on Wed, Jan 24, 2018, at 9:46 PM
  • Sweeping it under the rug meaning on the real reason he was removed from the team. All I'm saying is I'm sure the staff is trying to protect the kid and doesn't want the reason out to the public. Geez people chill out. Never said they would let him back on.

-- Posted by Humpback on Wed, Jan 24, 2018, at 10:01 PM
  • Sharon is clueless.

-- Posted by ozzyandharriet on Thu, Jan 25, 2018, at 6:53 AM
  • ^^ sometimes, but I know what love is!

-- Posted by Sharon peters on Thu, Jan 25, 2018, at 7:06 AM
  • Pretty sure that "Sharon peters" is actually "Bob Bell from Flint, Michigan."

-- Posted by ozzyandharriet on Thu, Jan 25, 2018, at 9:44 AM
  • Forget this he said she said garbage we keep going in circles over. It’ll be a never ending circle of stupidity if we continue.

Now I hate to hear Leech isn’t on the team anymore. He’s listed as #1 player in our state according to some websites/polls.

-- Posted by deletable on Thu, Jan 25, 2018, at 11:00 AM
  • Hate to see it as well. Was looking forward to seeing the sikeston/bluff matchup with him and fred going at it. Last year's matchup leech didn't put up much of a fight so would of been nice to see those 2 go head to head one last time.

-- Posted by Sharon peters on Thu, Jan 25, 2018, at 11:21 AM

So what’s he going to do now? Just rely on the AAU circuit and YouTube highlights?

He’s lost a whole year of playing organized ball...

-- Posted by secretagentman on Thu, Jan 25, 2018, at 9:38 PM
  • My guess is he'll find a prep school to play for next season. At some point he's gonna hafta prove he can stay on the court for a season if any of the big boy offers he has turn into a scholarship. He ain't seen physical basketball until he steps on a college court at any level.

-- Posted by 3Rfan on Thu, Jan 25, 2018, at 9:52 PM

Can't say I have ever seen him play.. I think he was hurt or out last season and don't remember his FR season, at least nothing stands out... If he's off the team, I think it's safe to say SEMO has seen the last of him?

-- Posted by secretagentman on Thu, Jan 25, 2018, at 9:58 PM
  • Yea he won't be back at PB. I think PB is a better team without him. He doesn't know how to play without the ball in his hands.

-- Posted by BIGELW on Fri, Jan 26, 2018, at 9:24 AM
  • I'm asking a serious question. Is this situation a result of a kid playing AAU basketball and having things way to easy for him?

-- Posted by ozzyandharriet on Fri, Jan 26, 2018, at 9:40 AM
  • I agree with BIGELW. I think Bluff is overall a better team without him on the floor.

-- Posted by PBMuleFan on Fri, Jan 26, 2018, at 3:43 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: