High School Basketball Forum: ND Dawg Pound Part II

Posted by ND_Alum_ZA on Thu, Jan 11, 2018, at 10:54 PM:

I understand peoples concerns about the cheer section at ND but you have to relize that just because they go to a catholic school doesnt mean they are perfect, just like every other grade school, highschool, and college cheer section. So personally I feel that NDs cheer section gets alot more attention because they are supposed to be very christain and they are more skilled than most other competing teams. We also need to stop nit picking on the small intences such as this one with the Dawg Pound, and focus more on the big ones such as when Sikeston a few years back chanted "Where is Micheal" just after a student from Jackson, Micheal, had been killed and no one raised a finger or spoke up about it.

Replies (40)

• Ask Ben Hansborough about his experience with ďThe JungleĒ at Cape Central.

-- Posted by PimpDaddyTaddy on Fri, Jan 12, 2018, at 12:02 AM
  • PDT. I was at that game.That was epic with the noodle and the ear. Even Hansbrough laughed. But then he proceeded to humiliate the tigers once the game began. Liked watching him play when I could.

-- Posted by Forrest Gump on Fri, Jan 12, 2018, at 12:28 AM
  • Forrest you are spot on. Haha he knew he deserved it but he still went out and LIT. IT. UP.

Not to beat a dead horse but the point of that flashback is to show that even though our dawg pound is rowdy at best, cape centralís jungle WAS ten times crazier, personal, creative.

-- Posted by PimpDaddyTaddy on Fri, Jan 12, 2018, at 7:51 AM
  • I was at the Notre Dame Bernie game and heard Bernie fans yelling things at the refs which were inappropriate and these are people who are suppose to be adults. The kids in the dog pound didn't really start cheering until the 4th quarter and it was very tame.

-- Posted by SemoFan67 on Fri, Jan 12, 2018, at 11:05 AM
  • Put them in the Pit of Misery. Dilly Dilly.

-- Posted by theprof on Fri, Jan 12, 2018, at 11:42 AM
  • Dilly Dilly!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Fri, Jan 12, 2018, at 1:18 PM
  • i now benn handsbourh from popular buff he is good baskehtball player he can h i say when that he is a good shoter from 3 pt ranger and know he can make free tows too Bucko.

-- Posted by bearcat1forall on Fri, Jan 12, 2018, at 3:13 PM
  • Which is the lesser of two evils? A student section harassing a player or adults booing players when they accept a trophy for winning a tournament? Just curious.

-- Posted by robbincrosby on Sat, Jan 13, 2018, at 1:56 PM
  • The booing adults can be excused because they carry their unfulfilled dreams of being a senior year JV benchwarmer. Man, if coach woulda put me them then theyd have won state...

-- Posted by SteGen is a Suburb of Crystal City on Sat, Jan 13, 2018, at 2:51 PM
  • You guys are all a bunch of whining crybabies. None of this crybaby crap is important. Control what you can control.

-- Posted by ozzyandharriet on Sat, Jan 13, 2018, at 3:05 PM

Call it what you will but some chants by student sections really cross the line and should be addressed by administrators. For the most part, the student sections are entertaining and are motivating for their teams. But, when condescending personal remarks are directed at a player or coach, I feel the line has been crossed. A few years back, when Charleston was playing Cape Central in the Christmas Tournament, my wife and I were leaving and we passed in front of the CC student section and a student made a crude snide remark to my wife as we passed by; I informed the always smiling administrator of what was said and pointed out the culprit; the administrator just kept that goofy a$$ smile on his face and never moved from his seat. My thoughts were no wonder they are as disrespectful as they are. Thatís just one example; Iíve witnessed many.

-- Posted by birdfan on Sat, Jan 13, 2018, at 4:02 PM
  • just whot u takkn bout robincosby an ozziohoarriet? we wuz takn biut benn hasbearough not winey folks an bobbin payers fo cepting a trophy Buckos. git wit the progran u clownes an stup takkn bout nonsense

-- Posted by bearcat1forall on Sat, Jan 13, 2018, at 4:09 PM
  • Bird fan I think that is ridiculous and uncalled for, but how do you know the administrator didnít do anything about it?

SteGen you didnít even play sports. Or go to a school. You were homeschooled by mommy.

-- Posted by PimpDaddyTaddy on Sat, Jan 13, 2018, at 4:11 PM

I stood at the end of the bleachers to watch the rest of the game and he never moved. It should have been addressed immediately as the remarks were that crude.

-- Posted by birdfan on Sat, Jan 13, 2018, at 4:17 PM
  • Bird fan-that is exactly why you only worry about what you can control. We all know that at some schools the rules are always a little different because administrators don't wanna have to get off their lazy butts and work or they don't want to deal with mommy and daddy. That is why whining about it won't do any good. Control what you can control.

-- Posted by ozzyandharriet on Sat, Jan 13, 2018, at 4:24 PM
  • PumpDaddy is still fishing without a pole.It seems I hit your proverbial lilí nail on its head. Lol.

-- Posted by SteGen is a Suburb of Crystal City on Sat, Jan 13, 2018, at 4:29 PM

Whining? You need a better choice of words.

-- Posted by birdfan on Sat, Jan 13, 2018, at 4:35 PM
  • I like whining. It adequately describes many of the folk on Semoball. But not necessarily you.

-- Posted by ozzyandharriet on Sat, Jan 13, 2018, at 4:39 PM

LOL

-- Posted by birdfan on Sat, Jan 13, 2018, at 4:41 PM
  • I will be doing some big time whining until Louisville and Virginia Tech finish this game. I am ready for Mizzou and Arkansas!

-- Posted by ozzyandharriet on Sat, Jan 13, 2018, at 5:05 PM
  • Bird fan my point is- how was the administrator to discipline a kid if the game was already over? Make him\her leave?

How do you know they didnít get a week of ISS or banned from next 3 games?

-- Posted by PimpDaddyTaddy on Sat, Jan 13, 2018, at 7:37 PM

Well, I really donít know for sure but I followed up with a letter to the Supt outlining the situation and my frustration with the lack of a response by the administrator. I guess my letter went into file 13 as I never received a response of any kind. At the time it occurred, I was on the school board and relayed that to the Supt; I assumed that out of a matter of respect that I would at least receive some type of response; I assumed wrong. Did not speak well of the administration.

-- Posted by birdfan on Sat, Jan 13, 2018, at 9:30 PM
  • Pimp. You should re-read birdfans post. A kid made a crude remark to his wife.

-- Posted by IndianPride on Sat, Jan 13, 2018, at 9:48 PM
  • IP Iím not as slow as you. I gathered as much. I realize a kid did something terribly stupid to his wife (and thus him...Iíd be irate if anyone said something disrespectful to my wife).

Weíre discussing the aftermath.

Bird fan thatís crazy. I didnít expect punishment to be dealt on the spot but man I wouldíve made a phone call after that.

IP please re-read my post. I clearly pointed out that I acknowledged what happened.

-- Posted by PimpDaddyTaddy on Sat, Jan 13, 2018, at 10:02 PM
  • I defer "pimp". Your nd education is clearly superior!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Sat, Jan 13, 2018, at 10:13 PM
  • Indian pride hereís my original response in case you couldnít find it: ďBird fan I think that is ridiculous and uncalled for...Ē

-- Posted by PimpDaddyTaddy on Sat, Jan 13, 2018, at 10:15 PM
  • You, young man, are without a doubt the smartest person I've interacted with on the internet!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Sat, Jan 13, 2018, at 10:37 PM
  • You donít have to get defensive because something(s) went over your head.

-- Posted by PimpDaddyTaddy on Sat, Jan 13, 2018, at 10:52 PM
  • I wasn't taking to you Pimp . But I admire your self confidence.

-- Posted by IndianPride on Sat, Jan 13, 2018, at 11:00 PM
  • Lol clearly you were.

-- Posted by PimpDaddyTaddy on Sun, Jan 14, 2018, at 8:45 AM
  • Smartypimps-you should use your Catholic education and pay closer attention to what was said. How

Could the administrator know which kid to discipline when he just continued sitting in his

Chair while birdfan reported his

Complaint?

-- Posted by ozzyandharriet on Sun, Jan 14, 2018, at 11:40 AM
  • Because he pointed him/her out?

-- Posted by PimpDaddyTaddy on Sun, Jan 14, 2018, at 3:05 PM
  • Whot just u talkk bout pumpdaddytacky? u do now now whot u takkin bout Bucko. i her that u do just do do not know whot u tying to say bucko u now anybth bout bahsetball bub?

-- Posted by bearcat1forall on Sun, Jan 14, 2018, at 3:50 PM
  • Welcome back bearcat! Where have you been?!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Sun, Jan 14, 2018, at 5:04 PM
  • As an alum from ND, this is highly ridiculous. ND has one of the most controlled if not the most controlled student sections out of all the local high schools. I don't know how many times teachers told students they can't shout obscenities at the other team. "I'm blind, I'm deaf, I want to be a ref" is something that is even frowned upon. These chants are supposed to get in the opposing teams head so it gives your team a better chance. Actually, they weren't even chants, it was a single person(s) own line to try to get in the player's head. Don't tell me you wouldn't/didn't do the same for your favorite team.

-- Posted by Pizarro on Sun, Jan 14, 2018, at 5:56 PM
  • 😂

-- Posted by nicholasbdillinger on Sun, Jan 14, 2018, at 6:06 PM
  • Ozzy Iím not sure how and why standing is a must-do when someone ďpoints out a culpritĒ to me. Can anyone read or remember what is said?

-- Posted by PimpDaddyTaddy on Sun, Jan 14, 2018, at 6:26 PM

Does anyone know if Notre dame and advance is still playing tonight?

-- Posted by porchswing on Mon, Jan 15, 2018, at 12:15 PM
  • Its cancelled

-- Posted by Gr8sports on Mon, Jan 15, 2018, at 12:37 PM

K thanks!

-- Posted by porchswing on Mon, Jan 15, 2018, at 12:41 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: