High School Basketball Forum: Talk about classless dawg pound at Notre Dame

Posted by nicholasbdillinger on Tue, Jan 9, 2018, at 8:54 PM:

The administration needs to get the dogs in the cheer section under control. Nothing bad to say about the players or coaches very disrespectful toward Bernie players. What kind of religion are they teaching

Replies (70)

• Agreed. I was there one night and opposing coach ask officials to make a ND player become properly dressed and the kid acted as if he had to take off his right arm and dawg pound bood the coach for asking officials to uphold the rules ... pitiful!

-- Posted by s32j20s12 on Tue, Jan 9, 2018, at 9:02 PM
  • Like I said , nothing bad at all to say about players or coaching staff. Well coached. Select 4 or 5 students who probably couldn't make the team were unbelievably disrespectful toward every Bernie player on the floor. Try that in our gym (adult or student) bad mouthing an opposing player and your out of there

-- Posted by nicholasbdillinger on Tue, Jan 9, 2018, at 9:34 PM
  • Blah sounds like bernie got beat and realized they aren't as good as they thought they were. I have been to plenty of ND games and the dawg pound is fine. Not nd fault bernie has no cheering section. Want them to be quiet beat them.

-- Posted by Murphdogg on Tue, Jan 9, 2018, at 10:02 PM
  • I have no disagreement with the pound supporting their team. But booing that night was completely uncalled for and administration was present and did absolutely nothing.

-- Posted by s32j20s12 on Tue, Jan 9, 2018, at 10:10 PM
  • Has nothing to do with win or loose. There is nothing wrong with cheering for your team, but they have flat out poor sportsmanship. Heckling individual players should not be allowed and should not be tolerated by the officials or the administration. Has happened before when we've played there so not a new or isolated incident. I would be ashamed if I was a parent there.

-- Posted by Mulefan2018 on Tue, Jan 9, 2018, at 10:15 PM
  • Completely agree Murphdog

-- Posted by OQ Vert on Tue, Jan 9, 2018, at 10:17 PM

There wouldn't be enough room in the Bernie gym for the ND cheering section. What's the capacity for that gym anyway?

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Jan 9, 2018, at 10:17 PM
  • Then quit playing us. You think our dawg pound is rowdy...didnít you all used to play at sikeston? Thereís is insane. Cape central and Jackson both get crazy against us. Heck sikeston usually has a few dressed as a priest and/or nun! Get over it or drop us and stay in the comfort of stoddard county.

-- Posted by PimpDaddyTaddy on Tue, Jan 9, 2018, at 10:23 PM
  • No discipline in schools like ND. Parents pay the salaries. Nothing more obnoxious than most of the students who attend private/parochial schools. Youth with a sense of entitlement.

-- Posted by BTIndians on Tue, Jan 9, 2018, at 10:40 PM
  • As a C2a program we shouldn't be playing ND. But we do, and can play ball with those boys any day of the week. Tonight wants our night unfortunately.

-- Posted by Mulefan2018 on Tue, Jan 9, 2018, at 10:47 PM
  • Rudeness, lack of manners, entitlement are what's wrong with our world today. Hope y'all at least say your Hail Marys and repent 😂🙏🏻

-- Posted by Mulefan2018 on Tue, Jan 9, 2018, at 10:57 PM
  • Sad that as a Catholic school, ND forgets who they are representing. Why the administration doesnít step in is beyond me.

-- Posted by cardinalnation on Tue, Jan 9, 2018, at 10:57 PM
  • Seems a few misread my post. Love a ballgame with fans cheering on both sides. Can't stand the disrespect by a select few. WIN or LOSE

-- Posted by nicholasbdillinger on Tue, Jan 9, 2018, at 10:58 PM
  • Iím shocked MSHSAA even allows fans to come to games anymore. Something needs to be done about this. Fans have no place in the game.

-- Posted by T-Roll on Wed, Jan 10, 2018, at 3:01 AM
  • LOL on this one. Notre Dame, Jackson, Sikeston and Cape can hammer you pretty good. There is just a passion in the SEMO Conference and part of it is student's cheering sections. Good basketball day in day out and the kids come out and support them. Go to a Bernie game and watch the parents. They would give Notre Dame's kids a run for their money.

-- Posted by lonesomedavepeverett on Wed, Jan 10, 2018, at 8:07 AM
  • Never would we single out every individual player. Much more class

-- Posted by nicholasbdillinger on Wed, Jan 10, 2018, at 8:37 AM
  • The only thing I hate hearing from student section and adults is booing other than that I usually Donít even know what they are saying

-- Posted by TFA on Wed, Jan 10, 2018, at 9:30 AM
  • AMEN on your post cardinalnation. ( no pun intended)

-- Posted by nicholasbdillinger on Wed, Jan 10, 2018, at 9:41 AM
  • I think its just every student section in general that needs to be pointed out. I have been to many games and have heard many students in several different sections point out and yell at individual players. But on another perspective, "If you can't take the heat, then get out of the kitchen!"

-- Posted by Polyatomic Hoops on Wed, Jan 10, 2018, at 10:13 AM
  • Lol this is funny Bernie fans are mad because they got beat by ND. I have been to Bernie and played in Gym the parents there yell at the kids so @nicholas is irrelevant.

-- Posted by Max_Smith2022 on Wed, Jan 10, 2018, at 11:01 AM
  • The dawgs are muy bueno. I think the bernie parents are just mad because the students were trying to warn one of their players of the dangers of not wearing socks in a game. Clearly didn't understand the fans intentions looking out for the other team is very respectful. Salaries are not paid for by the parents....

-- Posted by whysomad on Wed, Jan 10, 2018, at 11:03 AM
  • If you can't handle the ND student section then DO NOT ever schedule Cape Central at home. The jungle rocks!

-- Posted by crackerjack on Wed, Jan 10, 2018, at 11:57 AM
  • Mr Dillinger, your son played a great game and I noticed held the high score in the game against ND. I doubt his performance was affected negatively by the ND student section. The advice I gave my son/player is to get used to it...life hasn't begun to kick you in the teeth. May want to work on broadening his shoulders for when he goes away to college and leaves the comforts of Bernie.

-- Posted by vector0507 on Wed, Jan 10, 2018, at 12:00 PM
  • Notre Dame dropped Scott City a few years ago because Brother David said playing at Scott City is too hostile of an environment. But he allows his kids to act like they do. Oh by the way, Scott City throttled them that game. So don't point fingers at Bernie when Notre Dame administration acts the same way.

-- Posted by Braindead on Wed, Jan 10, 2018, at 12:38 PM
  • To be promoted as a "Christian" school is highly laughable! I do not have anyone attending this school nor would I ever because of the lack of respect and the erroneous mind set of believing that they are better than other schools. As a practicing Catholic, I am ashamed of the school's reputation both on and off the floor.

-- Posted by poemwriter on Wed, Jan 10, 2018, at 12:56 PM
  • According to this thread Notre Dame is a bunch of classless, pitiful, undisciplined, obnoxious, rude, entitled hypocrites, with a negligent administration that bends to the will of spoiled children and their rich parents.

Should I also assume that the pep band was off key, the cheerleaders were ugly, and the popcorn was stale?

Let me guess...your team lost.

-- Posted by Fish on Wed, Jan 10, 2018, at 12:59 PM
  • You summed it up Fish. Except the pep band does a killer version of Shipping up to Boston. Very nice. But I think the administration is very hypocritical at ND. I saw them tell a group of 6 kids on the opposing team they couldn't stand on the floor behind the basket. They had to sit on the bleachers. All the while ND kids were dressed in the blue **** and mask running up and down floor behind the basket with an ND flag. Hypocrisy

-- Posted by Braindead on Wed, Jan 10, 2018, at 1:04 PM
  • Braindead, I'm not ripping on ND at all. I've watched many games there and I find the student section genuinely entertaining. Same with Jackson, Cape, and Saxony. But I choose not to sit too close, as I'm old and I prefer to watch the game.

I get tired of threads that rip on private schools and referees.

-- Posted by Fish on Wed, Jan 10, 2018, at 1:29 PM
  • I do to. I just witnessed it with ND and how the administration trya to reprimand other schools while they let there kids act the way they do. I think the bigger schools all are just as, let's say energetic to be nice. But you won't see Sikeston or Jackson dropping a school because of "a hostile environment".

-- Posted by Braindead on Wed, Jan 10, 2018, at 2:24 PM
  • now I know why you call yourself braindead.....

-- Posted by Biggie$malls on Wed, Jan 10, 2018, at 3:01 PM
  • Whys that smalls? What did I say that offended you? Or is this too hostile of an environment? Better just drop the forum then. Ha. I'm kidding of course. It's all good conversation.

-- Posted by Braindead on Wed, Jan 10, 2018, at 3:05 PM
  • Bernie you still have PE classses for your sports teams so you can practice before school, during school and after school. I thought they changed the rules so you canít do that anymore.

-- Posted by Keeping.it.real on Wed, Jan 10, 2018, at 5:31 PM
  • So far off topic. Unbelievable. Coaches, players, and 99.9% of fans were and are class acts. The other .1% on opposing student section were downright degrading our players Very poor sportsmanship. If same .1%ers were to talk to referees that way it's out the door. But talk to opposing ball players that way, I guess it's fine according to administration or priest or whomever was there.

-- Posted by nicholasbdillinger on Wed, Jan 10, 2018, at 5:40 PM
  • If, & I repeat if, our kids were disrespectful to individual players, then I assure you, it will be addressed by Brother David. He doesn't hide under the covers & pretend things don't happen. More than likely, this game was filmed and if it was, he will be able to watch that footage. Clearly, there are some people on this thread that don't know anything about ND or its students. Shall we discuss how disrespectful Bernie's volleyball coach was to referees, line judges, & his own players while playing ND at home? I have been to many ND games & have intentionally observed our students for misbehavior......I have never seen it. People like to attack ND because they have this perception that all the kids that go there are wealthy--they are not!

-- Posted by Little People With Fur on Wed, Jan 10, 2018, at 7:45 PM
  • I hope he does. Was on far end of court could clearly hear it

-- Posted by nicholasbdillinger on Wed, Jan 10, 2018, at 7:54 PM
  • If you think NDís section is disrepectful, try playing against a Metro Catholic league school up in St. Louis..

-- Posted by semofan1738 on Wed, Jan 10, 2018, at 8:26 PM
  • So in reading all thes comments I am to assume that the students and fans at Bernie are top notch?

Never have they uttered a boo or a bad comment toward opposing player or players?

If this game upset you that much then sir do not play any teams in the SEMO conf because they all have excellent cheering sections of students

-- Posted by Parentsruinsports on Wed, Jan 10, 2018, at 8:37 PM
  • I find this hilarious that people are complaing about notre dameís cheering section when In the past many other schools have said far worse things without any complaining by parents after the game by the losing team. I remember after a child named Michael from Jackson was murdered they played sikeston soon after and sikeston chanted ďwhere is MichaelĒ. So if anyone in there right mind wants to complain about how inappropriate these chants are there is a prime example. Also if you would like to continue your pity party you should feel free to contact the nd faculty that is always next to the ND cheering section.so before everyone gets there feelings hurt they might one to take a deeper look at things

-- Posted by TheNewsReporter on Wed, Jan 10, 2018, at 8:57 PM
  • A priest who watches game film? Bernie is an actual town?Scott City is hostile? And lions and tigers and daí bears......oh my!

-- Posted by SteGen is a Suburb of Crystal City on Wed, Jan 10, 2018, at 9:23 PM
  • Nicholas may I ask exactly what was said?

-- Posted by OQ Vert on Wed, Jan 10, 2018, at 9:34 PM
  • Mr. Dillinger, I agree with you 110%! I was there that night and the way the student section was acting was uncalled for! Yelling you suck,nonsense like that in Bernie players faces! Not the way I thought a private Christian school would act!

-- Posted by Airball on Wed, Jan 10, 2018, at 9:57 PM

Lort.. Thicker skin people..

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Wed, Jan 10, 2018, at 9:59 PM
  • You all really need to get out of Stoddard County more often.

-- Posted by PimpDaddyTaddy on Wed, Jan 10, 2018, at 11:24 PM
  • Because the land between Cape Girardeau and Gordonville is the center of culture especially with the trailer park view.LOL.

-- Posted by SteGen is a Suburb of Crystal City on Wed, Jan 10, 2018, at 11:42 PM
  • No but at least I didnít create a semoball account because some teens said something at a basketball game. These trailer parks have done us well. Maybe you could rent out your mansion in crystal city? Might do you well since they had to raise taxes around there when they built Jefferson.

-- Posted by PimpDaddyTaddy on Thu, Jan 11, 2018, at 8:18 AM
  • I doubt anyone with a choice or many options lives in Crystal City or its suburb of Ste. Genevieve. I haven't live there and hope I never do.

Of course, I also wouldnít want to be stuck in the same rut I grew up in, but some are limited by choices and opportunities and such.I honestly canít imagine how depressing itíd be to be to never have moved on from high school, either geographically or mentally.

-- Posted by SteGen is a Suburb of Crystal City on Thu, Jan 11, 2018, at 8:31 AM
  • Everyone on here needs to step back and take a deep breathe... this forum was created to take about the "dawgs". Everyone has the right to their own opinion. There's no reason to be rude and offensive to others. I do agree that Notre Dame student section was being a little excessive when threatening to kill one of Bernie's players first born child and singling out the players and harassing the players to an extreme amount. You should be able to chant and do things in such manner to support your home team. For now on, let's all try and have good sportsmanship and represent not just ourselves, but our community.

-Father Dave-

-- Posted by worldpeaces Father Dave on Thu, Jan 11, 2018, at 10:11 AM
  • SteGen, etc.,

I appreciate all the advice and wisdom youíve provided us about Notre Dame and the surrounding areas. Maybe we could return the favor? But, of course that would require you to inform of us your Alma mater and residing community. Might be too tall of a task.

-- Posted by PimpDaddyTaddy on Thu, Jan 11, 2018, at 10:18 AM
  • Mr.PimpDaddyTaddy, I'm not here to stir up trouble or cause any conflicts... So if you'd please excuse your self.

-- Posted by worldpeaces Father Dave on Thu, Jan 11, 2018, at 10:24 AM
  • Father Dave, you state that the student section "was being a little excessive when threatening to kill one of Bernie's players first born child" isn't that considered a full blown threat. A LITTLE EXCESSIVE!!!!! No wonder we Catholic's have a bad reputation in this area! If this is the mentality of ND then my decision to not send my children to this school has been justified!

-- Posted by poemwriter on Thu, Jan 11, 2018, at 10:37 AM
  • This is funny.

-- Posted by vanduser2000 on Thu, Jan 11, 2018, at 10:38 AM
  • Sorry PumpDaddy, but my life has grown and moved past high school.I enjoyed that part of my life and the enduring friendships, but the details are beyond whatís necessary within the construct of this forum.

I find it cute that someone who has lived his entire post high school life within 7 miles of where he went to high school would tell another poster to see the world outside of his County. I recognize that itís ok to live within the world where youíre confortable while also knowing the world is a big place for those of us who want to experience it.You might consider understanding the same, but that may be too tall of a task.

-- Posted by SteGen is a Suburb of Crystal City on Thu, Jan 11, 2018, at 11:02 AM
  • This is GOLDEN!!! LOL

-- Posted by Polyatomic Hoops on Thu, Jan 11, 2018, at 11:33 AM
  • This site is always so full of sissies. But this thread is impressive.

-- Posted by ozzyandharriet on Thu, Jan 11, 2018, at 11:47 AM
  • SteGen donít worry I already figured it out- youíre from Bernie.

-- Posted by PimpDaddyTaddy on Thu, Jan 11, 2018, at 12:00 PM
  • No, Iím not from Bernie.I didnít even know it was a real town until this thread.I canít even find much about it on the web.It may be a fine place to live or a dump or something in between.

I do know something about you.I do know that you are an ND grad.Your geographical footprint is the size of an infantís, and yet you feel somehow empowered by your 7 mile land travels to offer advice to someone in some no name town to spend some time outside their county.I know that youíve peaked and probably awkwardly hang out with current students because youíre probably Ďtaking a breakí for a semester or because you just donít fit in with people whoíve traveled on interstates.

-- Posted by SteGen is a Suburb of Crystal City on Thu, Jan 11, 2018, at 12:20 PM
  • Because Iím not afraid to say where Iím from. If Iím going to say something about others Iím at least going to have the balls to say where Iím from. The days of yahoo chat rooms are gone buddy. Itís now lame to say something about someone or somewhere else but not give any info about you Or your background.

As LaVar Ball would say, ďYou a small ballerĒ

-- Posted by PimpDaddyTaddy on Thu, Jan 11, 2018, at 12:39 PM
  • Nothing says "my life has grown and moved past high school." like anonymously belittling entire communities on a high school sports forum.

-- Posted by Fish on Thu, Jan 11, 2018, at 12:47 PM
  • Piiiiiiiiiiiimpiiiiiiiin, piiimmmpiiin, pimpin! You thought I was play pimpin! (reference Money Mike and the Nutcracker)

SLAP YOURSELF FOR REFERENCING LAVAR BALL!!!!

-- Posted by ozzyandharriet on Thu, Jan 11, 2018, at 12:59 PM
  • I am uncertain what a "Big Baller" is, but I personally do not believe that anyone on here is a "Big Baller." Each any very community is special in their own ways. Everyone needs to get out of their high school stage of life and see the world as true adults. With that being said, it would be greatly appreciated if everyone would put on their big boy and big girl pants on and be mature and respectful to one another. No one should be a "Small Baller" as Mr.PimpDaddyTaddy once said. We are all specail in our own, unique ways.

-Father Dave-

-- Posted by worldpeaces Father Dave on Thu, Jan 11, 2018, at 1:13 PM
  • I highly doubt that students yelled that out Father Dave

-- Posted by OQ Vert on Thu, Jan 11, 2018, at 1:20 PM
  • I have heard from many of people about some of the pitiful things that the student section said.

-- Posted by worldpeaces Father Dave on Thu, Jan 11, 2018, at 1:37 PM
  • I believe the ND principal, Dave, is a Brother not a Father you gullible infants.

-- Posted by Gene Heuring on Thu, Jan 11, 2018, at 1:37 PM
  • This thread needs to disappear. It has devolved into a playground spitting contest. I do know this for sure, the coaches and players for both teams were excellent in their behavior and attitude towards each other! If some young fans yelled negative stuff, I didnít hear it and the Bernie and Notre Dame players were locked into the game. If a few young fans yelled stuff that was very bad or negative, it would have been addressed. Please understand I sure donít have any dog in the fight, just saw two teams going hard at it with no negative behavior. Isnít that what itís supposed to be about?

-- Posted by semo ref on Thu, Jan 11, 2018, at 2:03 PM
  • You believe that not listng a high school as proof of an esteemed resume is somehow demonstrating fear? Thatís cute.How did you decide that listing your high school was relevant and demonstrative of courage, but not your name, academic GPA, athletic stats, address, place of employment, college degree or trade certificate, earned income, and the like?

Youíre mad at Saxony.I donít know anything more about that school than Bernie except itís by a giant hole in the ground.And when you felt compelled to attack Saxony, it seemed quite obvious to point out the landmark nearest your alma mater.When you tell someone that they need to get out of Stoddard County and see the world, it seems obvious to point out your general lack of worldliness.

Get on the interstate with your arm extended and your thumb up.Its a great big world.

-- Posted by SteGen is a Suburb of Crystal City on Thu, Jan 11, 2018, at 2:16 PM

All this over some kids getting loud at a basketball game. You'd hate to play at Sikeston then.. Those kids will get at you lol. Just chill out a bit. It's kids playing a game, not life and death.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Thu, Jan 11, 2018, at 3:00 PM
  • Really Cheese?? You know our Bums are perfect gentlemen.

-- Posted by TFA on Thu, Jan 11, 2018, at 4:13 PM
  • I have read the forums on semoball for years and rarely comment. I like reading the forums and finding out what's going on with other schools. Mostly, I don't have anything relevant to add to the conversations because they are generally about schools I don't get much opportunity to see and I don't see the point of interacting and exposing my obvious ignorance about the various topics at hand. However, as I am from Bernie and I was at the game the other night, I do have an actual dog in this particular fight. I could see 3 or 4 students in particular chattering at individual players when they were inbounding the ball, but I could not hear what they were saying. It did bother me a little even though I could not hear what was being said. I have no issues with general chants, but I don't particularly like when individual players are singled out. That being said, I cannot say if they said something terrible or not and whatever was being said will likely be better than anything Bernie players will hear tomorrow night if the weather doesn't postpone our game with Dexter. Dexter and Bernie are chief rivals in basketball despite the differences in class size. It's always rowdy when the two teams play one another. Also, I have seen several people mention Sikeston fans on here as people who say worse. While that may be true, they never said anything out of line when we played them for several years. My guess is that there have been times that a few students have stepped over the line in Sikeston and those students have been dealt with as needed just like it would be at Bernie and will surely be at Notre Dame if what they said was excessive. I believe this particular post began because someone who was apparently close enough to hear what was said was upset by it. Maybe I would have felt the same way if I could have heard it. I do agree that Notre Dame student section is one of the most noticeable to me when we play them. It's probably the location directly behind one of the baskets. Most teams with chanting student sections are not behind a basket when we play them.

-- Posted by red4blue on Thu, Jan 11, 2018, at 7:51 PM
  • Hitch hiking is dangerous.

-- Posted by Forrest Gump on Thu, Jan 11, 2018, at 8:34 PM

This thread has been frozen.

I'm OK if someone wants to discuss whether certain behavior is reasonable, but the discussion has started to slide down the rabbit hole of name calling and is going nowhere but down hill.

-- Posted by Josh Mlot on Thu, Jan 11, 2018, at 9:21 PM