Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: Cool article on former PB Mule star!!

Posted by cirithungol17 on Wed, Jan 3, 2018, at 3:13 PM:

Replies (20)

• Thanks ciri! Nice to see him being successful there!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Wed, Jan 3, 2018, at 5:08 PM
  • Yah i wondered what happened to him, he’s a beast!!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Wed, Jan 3, 2018, at 7:27 PM
  • He is!! Papa John's!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Wed, Jan 3, 2018, at 9:27 PM
  • Cool indeed. Thanks for sharing!

-- Posted by Fish on Thu, Jan 4, 2018, at 10:53 AM
  • He was a very nice guy in high school, off the court. Signed autographs every where he went. And not just for the little kids, but adults, too.

-- Posted by Forrest Gump on Thu, Jan 4, 2018, at 11:14 AM
  • Most dominating high school player I have ever seen in person and one of most dominating in college. Really has to make you appreciate how talented NBA players are for Tyler to be just another power forward in the NBA. Hard to believe he is 32 years old.

Otto Porter, Jr. tied his career high recently with 26 points (I believe). Otto may be figuring some things out and hitting his prime. GO WIZARDS!!

-- Posted by Bogey Man on Thu, Jan 4, 2018, at 11:50 AM
  • Otto's progressing very well; he had a 34-pt game last year.

-- Posted by semo7178 on Thu, Jan 4, 2018, at 7:18 PM
  • Great article on Tyler. Good argument between he and Otto as who was the best high school player ever in SEMO. Otto is currently getting 14-15 ppg, 6-7 boards, plays defense and shoots 45% on threes. Good numbers on a team where Beal and Wall get the shots. He signed a 4 year, $106.5 million contract.

-- Posted by tmm224 on Thu, Jan 4, 2018, at 10:06 PM
  • I'd have to say Tyler was the better high school and college player. Otto will be the better pro.

Interesting how things work out.

-- Posted by IndianPride on Thu, Jan 4, 2018, at 10:50 PM
  • Hard to argue with McDonalds All-American and national college player of the year. Tyler's greatest attribute is that he out-worked everyone.

-- Posted by tmm224 on Fri, Jan 5, 2018, at 12:03 AM
  • Tyler would have abused Otto on both levels

-- Posted by Coachken on Fri, Jan 5, 2018, at 5:11 AM

No, Coachken, he would not have. Two completely different players. Hansbrough couldn't dream of shooting as well as Otto does.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Fri, Jan 5, 2018, at 8:31 AM
  • I still remember our little group of 5th or 6th graders going down to PB for a game one day. This big lumbering kid just abused our guys all game. He did anything he wanted and we had no chance. I thought at the time he might be a pretty good player some day if he works at it. Well..... Lol. There's never been a more determined never quit player at any level than the Physco. He was relentless in everything he did. He was never the most skilled or smoothest player on the floor. But he was always the hardest working. His refuse to let up attitude helped him overcome physical shortcomings. Unfortunately it wasn't quit enough to dominate in the NBA. Those players are at another level of skill and physical ability. But Tyler has gotten a whole lot more out of his abilities than many many folks ever thought he would. Congrats to him for a great career to this point.

-- Posted by oldroundballer on Fri, Jan 5, 2018, at 8:58 AM
  • I have a feeling with players like Tyler in the NBA, it is mostly a matter of being in the right place at the right time. Hard to believe no NBA team could use him. Possibly the "one and done" era has hurt the veterans like Tyler. Teams would know what they are getting with a 32 yr. old Tyler, or do you take a chance on a 19 yr. old still developing. I would think it is getting tougher for the NBA veteran role player to keep a spot on the roster. I did think it was cool seeing an old veteran like Shaun Livingston (Peoria Manual HS, IL straight to NBA)have a great NBA Finals. I believe he is like 36-38 yrs. old.

Hopefully Cuonzo Martin will land the next blue chipper coming out of SEMO!!

-- Posted by Bogey Man on Fri, Jan 5, 2018, at 9:27 AM
  • You’d think the Lakers could use a player like him, they are absolutely pitiful again this year!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Fri, Jan 5, 2018, at 9:53 AM
  • Maybe not in college because they wouldn't have had to guard each other but in high school Otto wouldn't have had a chance against Tyler.

-- Posted by BIGELW on Fri, Jan 5, 2018, at 10:35 AM
  • Yah yah? Tyler has a better shooter % wise in college by a decent margin and Otto shot around 20% from deep his freshman year. Otto was never a great shooter at those levels. High School and college, there really is not an argument, Tyler was a much better player before the NBA. Currently Otto's cashing checks for 100 million and Tyler is eating Pizza in China...so things worked out

-- Posted by Coachken on Fri, Jan 5, 2018, at 11:15 AM
  • Lets keep it simple, guys. In high school and college Tyler was more dominating because of his size. Otto is clearly going to be the better pro. From a collegiate standpoint Tyler's game was much more ready at a younger age. Otto's game has progressed though development. What's amazing about Otto is he had jacked up form in high school and just dominated because of talent and size. Now, he has great shooting form and shoots the NBA 3 with great precision. A testament to Otto's drive to be successful.

-- Posted by ozzyandharriet on Fri, Jan 5, 2018, at 11:28 AM
  • Wow, I can’t believe you guys hijacked Tyler’s thread with all this Otto talk. Pathetic.

-- Posted by T-Roll on Fri, Jan 5, 2018, at 11:53 AM

LOL. Tyler's thread. As if he knows or cares.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Fri, Jan 5, 2018, at 11:56 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: