Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: Charleston BlueJays

Posted by Brutus Beefcake on Sat, Dec 2, 2017, at 12:11 AM:

What happened to the Jays Tonight at ND

Replies (12)

• Why so silent

-- Posted by Brutus Beefcake on Sat, Dec 2, 2017, at 1:23 PM
  • I didn’t see the game, but the fact is the SEMO conference is just flat out tough night in and night out.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Sat, Dec 2, 2017, at 2:05 PM

As Coach Farmer said in the Season Preview, the Jays have to be tougher mentally. Last night, with the Jays on the verge of blowing the game open on two different occasions, a couple of bad breaks halted the momentum and the Jays’ went flat. In the second half, the Jays had a 16 point lead and appeared to be on their way, then a couple of bad breaks caused them to go flat, again, and they never recovered. Tough one to lose.

-- Posted by birdfan on Sat, Dec 2, 2017, at 3:35 PM
  • Semo would have a hard time beating them on Notra Dames home floor

-- Posted by The deltan on Sat, Dec 2, 2017, at 4:20 PM
  • Oops, Notre Dame

-- Posted by The deltan on Sat, Dec 2, 2017, at 4:27 PM
  • I watched Charleston play vashon. If anyone thinks this team is a pushover, they are in trouble. Teams have off nights.

-- Posted by vanduser2000 on Sun, Dec 3, 2017, at 3:08 AM
  • Overlooking any team is foolish. Overlooking Charleston is beyond ludicrous.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Sun, Dec 3, 2017, at 11:17 AM
  • Agreed rocketsbro. This SEMO Conference Tournament is going to be a good one for sure!

-- Posted by Theodore Bagwell on Sun, Dec 3, 2017, at 11:26 AM
  • Agreed Charleston can never be overlooked but after the Vashon game there were a lot of talk about them being the #2 team in southeast Missouri. I thought the same but every team is going to bring there best and to blow an 18 point lead The BlueJays have me questioning who the #2 team might be

-- Posted by Brutus Beefcake on Sun, Dec 3, 2017, at 3:18 PM
  • Thus far, sure being outplayed by Dexter. Need to make a run, and hit FTs.

-- Posted by semo7178 on Mon, Dec 4, 2017, at 10:09 PM
  • Wow Dexter out played them for sure. Coach Farmer needs to be looking for the team he played Vashon with. If I remember right I thought Charleston shot lights out. Looks like a different team

-- Posted by Brutus Beefcake on Mon, Dec 4, 2017, at 10:31 PM

Team hasn’t looked the same since the Vashon game. Lackluster play; no intensity and not shooting well.

-- Posted by birdfan on Mon, Dec 4, 2017, at 10:44 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: