High School Basketball Forum: Semo Conference tournament

Posted by I LOVE BASKETBLL on Tue, Nov 28, 2017, at 1:32 PM:

Will Sikeston even be tested in this tournament?

Will can dethrone them? Charleston? Jackson? Cape?

Replies (211)

• I think all of the teams listed have a legitimate shot at winning the tournament. Iíll add PB to the mix as well. The SEMO conference is strong this year.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Tue, Nov 28, 2017, at 1:39 PM
  • I agree With bro itís anyones who wants it bad enough with the teams in this area. I was Impressed with Charleston havenít seen the others

-- Posted by TFA on Tue, Nov 28, 2017, at 1:56 PM

Charleston... which I predict will win championship.

-- Posted by indian73 on Tue, Nov 28, 2017, at 5:45 PM
  • I have to go with Sikeston. Either over Chareslton or Jackson.

-- Posted by Murphdogg on Tue, Nov 28, 2017, at 7:09 PM

Whereís the bracket? Didnít see it listed.

-- Posted by birdfan on Tue, Nov 28, 2017, at 7:29 PM
  • It's on another link in forums. I think it's semo boys tourney seeds or something like that.

-- Posted by Murphdogg on Tue, Nov 28, 2017, at 7:34 PM
  • Sikeston wins the tournament they have a lot of fire power and a lot of SEMO teams will have to have a great night on both end of the floor to keep up.. should be good and interesting like every year.

-- Posted by Mr.Nice_Guy24 on Tue, Nov 28, 2017, at 8:47 PM

I saw the seeds on the other thread but Iím looking for a bracket so I can see when everyone plays.

-- Posted by birdfan on Tue, Nov 28, 2017, at 9:26 PM
  • -- Posted by trainhard on Tue, Nov 28, 2017, at 9:31 PM

Thanks a bunch!!

-- Posted by birdfan on Tue, Nov 28, 2017, at 9:38 PM

Sikeston also broadcasts all home games on https://thecube.com

I only mention that because they mentioned tonight that they would broadcast all of the SEMO Conference Tournament games on there next week. Just search Sikeston High School and it should be there.

Just in case anyone cannot make the trip next week. Personally, I would still recommend going...you can't beat a night at the SEMO Conference Tournament.

-- Posted by bulldog21forever on Tue, Nov 28, 2017, at 10:08 PM
  • Given we are still in the month of thankfulness, I am thankful for the Cube. I love being able to watch the games online when I can't get there in person.

BUT...you are right bulldog21forever, there's nothing like being there in person. The atmosphere is hard to beat.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Wed, Nov 29, 2017, at 12:09 PM
  • Nice game by former Jackson player, Blake Reynolds, leading his Yale squad tonight:

https://www.facebook.com/april.reynolds/videos/10156276156370695/

-- Posted by semo7178 on Wed, Nov 29, 2017, at 10:16 PM
  • Dexter played Charleston tough. Gonna be interesting!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Thu, Nov 30, 2017, at 7:17 PM
  • If anyone remembers districts last year and how they had us playing their ball which was smart for them but boring for me it was lots of passing and passing and passing when they were ahead. I seriously thought we were going to lose but thankfully we didnít. I hope itís not that way tomorrow night but Iím going to assume it will be so I might Take a pillow in with me in case I get Sleepy. Again smart move on coach

-- Posted by TFA on Thu, Nov 30, 2017, at 9:24 PM
  • Score was 56-54

-- Posted by TFA on Thu, Nov 30, 2017, at 9:26 PM
  • Lol TFA!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Thu, Nov 30, 2017, at 9:33 PM
  • Seriously IP if it wasnít dribble dribble dribble it was pass pass pass but it was a smart move on their part.

-- Posted by TFA on Thu, Nov 30, 2017, at 10:19 PM
  • Mrs T every team that tries that usually stays in the game for about the first quarter at most, then they get behind by 8-10 pts and then it gets ugly. Im glad I wasnt there last year, ida probly vomited haha!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Thu, Nov 30, 2017, at 11:14 PM
  • Ciri it was awful I kept Thinking oh my we are about to lose to Dexter. No offense intended dexter fans but you know what I mean

-- Posted by TFA on Fri, Dec 1, 2017, at 6:57 AM
  • Actually the WORST game last year was losing to GASP!! IP. He owns us in football so we owe him a major beatdown on HIS homecourt this year!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Fri, Dec 1, 2017, at 9:33 AM
  • Iíd be surprised if Dexter didnít try to slow down the game. Itís doubtful that they could run with the Bulldogs, so itís really their only option. Dexter will put up a good fight, but I still think the Dawgs will be a bit too much for them. Even though Dexter is consistently improving, I think Sikestonís defensive pressure is even better than last yearís team. Should be a good one tonight. Iím looking forward to it.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Fri, Dec 1, 2017, at 11:22 AM
  • Dexter will slow down the tempo and hang with the bulldogs for a few minutes, but Sikeston wins this one in a blow out. Dexter is much improved and has one of the best coaches in SEMO (imo), but Sikeston is just too loaded. Dexter will surprise some teams this year, but not tonight.

-- Posted by cardinalnation on Fri, Dec 1, 2017, at 12:50 PM
  • Haha ciri!! Should be a good one!!

Glad it's at home this year!!😁

-- Posted by IndianPride on Fri, Dec 1, 2017, at 12:58 PM
  • U guys played great last year, should be pretty intense this year!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Fri, Dec 1, 2017, at 2:08 PM
  • I agree Dexters coach has done an awesome job!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Fri, Dec 1, 2017, at 2:09 PM
  • Yes it should be ciri! Hope to see you and Ms. T there!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Fri, Dec 1, 2017, at 4:09 PM
  • ciri. Here's an honest, open offer for you! If you're at the game I'd like to meet you. Ms. T knows who I am. If you're so inclined Ill be there! She can point me out!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Fri, Dec 1, 2017, at 9:46 PM
  • What if I point Out the wrong person my eyesight not that great. Lol but I know Who Ciri is IP if u see me first I will Point him out if heís there

-- Posted by TFA on Fri, Dec 1, 2017, at 9:54 PM
  • Lol TFA I understand the eyesight thing! I'll find you and if ciri would like to meet I'll be available!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Fri, Dec 1, 2017, at 10:21 PM

I want to join the party!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Dec 1, 2017, at 11:45 PM
  • Looking forward to seeing you there Buck!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Sat, Dec 2, 2017, at 12:10 AM
  • We could meet at Wibís Drive-in before the game! Cant stop once I start eatn them BBQ on toast sammitches!!!!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Sat, Dec 2, 2017, at 12:44 AM
  • You guys are right about Dowdy being one of the best coaches in the area! IMO he is the best coach in the conference. This is coming from a diehard Bulldog fan born and breed! Just look at what heís done since he took over at Dexter. Just look at the scores of their games since he took over. Honestly, they shouldnít even have been in some those games is first few years, but thatís how good of a coach this guy is!!

-- Posted by Dogpound on Sat, Dec 2, 2017, at 12:50 AM
  • Dogpound...Coach Dowdy is the best coach in the SEMO Conference or some other conference? If you're referring to the SEMO Conference, I totally disagree. You have 3 hall of fame coaches (Holifield, Farmer, McFerren) in the group and you think it's Dowdy? Is he a good young coach? Sure. I agree with you there, but that's where it ends.

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Sat, Dec 2, 2017, at 5:36 AM
  • ciri, Buck, TFA and anyone else! Wibs sounds great! Name the time and I will be there!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Sat, Dec 2, 2017, at 11:30 AM

TFA, was your son at the Marshall County Hoopfest tonight?

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Dec 2, 2017, at 10:00 PM

Hope dogpound was referring to the Stoddard County Athletic Conference....otherwise....there may be a riot!

-- Posted by bulldog21forever on Sat, Dec 2, 2017, at 10:24 PM
  • Buck yes he was and there today. Were u there?

-- Posted by TFA on Sun, Dec 3, 2017, at 10:31 AM
  • How appropriate!

https://youtu.be/IddP8AAIGTQ

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Sun, Dec 3, 2017, at 11:19 AM

I was. Saw a video of him getting coach Cal's autograph. You've raised him well!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sun, Dec 3, 2017, at 2:07 PM
  • Bracket anyone?

-- Posted by IndianPride on Sun, Dec 3, 2017, at 2:14 PM
  • -- Posted by rocketsbro on Sun, Dec 3, 2017, at 2:31 PM

There's one up the thread IP that train hard posted on Nov. 28th

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sun, Dec 3, 2017, at 2:31 PM
  • Buck he was excited to get that autograph plus he got a picture and autograph with Penny Hardaway and a picture with Kyree Walker

-- Posted by TFA on Sun, Dec 3, 2017, at 3:10 PM
  • He wants to know where you seen the video. He loves Kentucky you should see his closet he has so much Kentucky stuff and even shoes

-- Posted by TFA on Sun, Dec 3, 2017, at 3:16 PM
  • I should have clarified. I think Coach Dowdy is doing the best job with what he has to work with as far as any other coach in the conference. Is his overall body of work better than Holifield? Obviously not, and Holifield, Farmer and McFerren are all legendary coaches! I just meant for a young getting the absolute most out of his kids and in some cases maybe even more! Just a great young coach. Very good for basketball in this area!

-- Posted by Dogpound on Sun, Dec 3, 2017, at 3:44 PM
  • Thanks Buck and rocketsbro!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Sun, Dec 3, 2017, at 5:01 PM

You're welcome!

TFA his closet sounds like mine lol. Tell him to get on Twitter, and I will direct message him the video.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sun, Dec 3, 2017, at 5:37 PM
  • Thank you Buck he has it

-- Posted by TFA on Sun, Dec 3, 2017, at 6:00 PM
  • Love to hear you've got a UK fan TFA!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Sun, Dec 3, 2017, at 6:24 PM
  • When do 8 and 9 play to see who gets sikeston?

-- Posted by Murphdogg on Sun, Dec 3, 2017, at 7:51 PM

Go Big Blue!!

-- Posted by bulldog21forever on Sun, Dec 3, 2017, at 7:51 PM
  • Monday 5:30 murphdog

-- Posted by TFA on Sun, Dec 3, 2017, at 7:56 PM

Wow you guys better stop!!! Some people may come out and say no one on here cares about reading things about UK. HA!

Anyways, you going to be at the games tomorrow Indian?

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sun, Dec 3, 2017, at 8:00 PM
  • Buck!! I Love to hear of the local UK fans!! I've been one for well over 40 years!!

At this point I don't think I'll make it tomorrow with my work but I'll definitely be there Wednesday or Thursday depending on how we do.

Hoping it's Thursday but after ND beat Charleston there's certainly no guarantee. It is the SEMO Conference after all!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Sun, Dec 3, 2017, at 9:19 PM
  • If you cannot make it to the tournament tonight here is a link to watch the games on the cube. I will post the links each day for that nights games.

Game #1- http://thecube.com/e/764063 #8 NMCC vs #9 Kennett

Game #2- http://thecube.com/e/764067 #3 Jackson vs #6 ND

Game #3- http://thecube.com/e/764068 #2 Charleston vs #7 Dexter

-- Posted by trainhard on Mon, Dec 4, 2017, at 9:02 AM
  • Well I had to work late and couldn't be there...

And The Cube lost their internet connection with about 4 minutes left.

Can anyone give me a feel for what happened at the end?

Btw the Cube is great. Can't ever trust internet connections with weather like this.😯

-- Posted by IndianPride on Mon, Dec 4, 2017, at 8:45 PM
  • Dexter has simply out-hustled the Bluejays, especially chasing down loose balls and long rebounds!

-- Posted by semo7178 on Mon, Dec 4, 2017, at 10:11 PM
  • Charleston still with a chance, cutting 9-pt lead down to 3 with :25 left!

-- Posted by semo7178 on Mon, Dec 4, 2017, at 10:14 PM
  • Dexter lead down to 2, going to the FT line, 10.6 seconds remaining.

-- Posted by semo7178 on Mon, Dec 4, 2017, at 10:16 PM
  • Two clutch FTs extend Bearcat lead to 4.

-- Posted by semo7178 on Mon, Dec 4, 2017, at 10:16 PM
  • Charleston goes to line with :04 remaining, hits only 1-2 to cut lead to 3. After foul, Dexter now back to the line. Hits both to seal 5-pt win!

-- Posted by semo7178 on Mon, Dec 4, 2017, at 10:19 PM

In what could be one of the most interesting SEMO Conference nights ever, NMCC defeats Kennett 58-41.

#6 Norte Dame defeats #3 Jackson 75-67. And #7 Dexter defeats #2 Charleston 59-54

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Dec 4, 2017, at 10:22 PM
  • IP, just wasn't Jackson's night. Missed a lot of shots, and a lot of 50 50 balls went ND's way. Definetly think Jackson is the better team, just not their night.

-- Posted by Radar99 on Mon, Dec 4, 2017, at 10:30 PM
  • Sometimes you never know!

-- Posted by joefrank78 on Mon, Dec 4, 2017, at 10:30 PM

Not sure if this makes me feel better about Sikeston's chances considering they throttled Dexter last week...or if it concerns me more because who knows what is gonna happen.

Next thing we know our pets heads will be falling off.

-- Posted by bulldog21forever on Mon, Dec 4, 2017, at 10:34 PM
  • I thought Charelston got out hustled. Jackson played to tame have to move the ball and speed up game to many kids standing. I was really impressed with Dexter they may not have most talent but alot of heart. Crazy night.

-- Posted by Murphdogg on Mon, Dec 4, 2017, at 10:58 PM

Hey Buck.... did NMCC win vs SPem Friday night?

-- Posted by indian73 on Mon, Dec 4, 2017, at 11:02 PM

Lost by one point indian73

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Dec 4, 2017, at 11:08 PM
  • Congrats to all the winners tonight!

I still believe this is going to be a great year for our Indians!

Thank you folks for your insight!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Mon, Dec 4, 2017, at 11:16 PM
  • Charleston and Jackson both lost, wow. Sikeston is waiting in the wings licking their chops.

-- Posted by hoopaholiczanon on Tue, Dec 5, 2017, at 4:23 AM
  • Can somebody explain why at the end of the Jackson Notre Dame game a Jackson slugged a ND player and no call was made.

-- Posted by SHS59 on Tue, Dec 5, 2017, at 7:23 AM
  • Sorry I need to add a Jackson Player slugged a ND player.

-- Posted by SHS59 on Tue, Dec 5, 2017, at 7:25 AM

Any discussion on conference championship before season really starts?

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Dec 5, 2017, at 8:44 AM
  • Can someone explain to me why Coach Scott, who rosters at least 5 players 6'5 or taller, didn't try to exploit the obvious size advantage considering ND only has dohogne at 6'4? The two times they went to Hester down low in the first half, he scored with ease and they never went to him again. They have the opportunity to bring 6'9 & 6'6 bigs off the bench, but yet he did that only sparingly. Just saying that it appears that some size is going to go to waste this year in jackson mo.

-- Posted by hooplife on Tue, Dec 5, 2017, at 9:16 AM
  • Webcast went out never saw anyone slug anyone on ND. From what I saw the "bigs" on jackson couldn't stop 6'4 post player on ND. Nd grabed way to many offensive rebounds. It helps to have size but have to have fundamentals also. I know Cape is a huge underdog tonight but it would be great to see 1 2 and 3 fall. Shake it up....

-- Posted by Murphdogg on Tue, Dec 5, 2017, at 10:16 AM
  • We had some great games last night. Here are the links for tonightís games if you canít make it.

Game #1 http://thecube.com/e/764455 Cape Central High School (#4 Seed) vs. Poplar Bluff High School (#5 seed)

Game #2 http://thecube.com/e/764459 Sikeston High School (#1 seed) vs. New Madrid County Central (#8 seed)

Game #3 http://thecube.com/e/764465 Charleston High School (#2 seed) vs. Kennett High School (#9 seed)

-- Posted by trainhard on Tue, Dec 5, 2017, at 10:28 AM

The Jackson player, at the very least, should be disciplined by his coach. One of the most unsportsmanlike incidents I have ever witnessed. I'm assuming that since time had expired, the refs took no action as it happened right in front of one ref and he stepped in between the players after witnessing the blow. He, then, following the handshakes, he stormed to the locker room pouting like a two-year old ahead of the rest of his team.

-- Posted by birdfan on Tue, Dec 5, 2017, at 10:37 AM
  • Murph thats fair but the point is he had the option to go with 2 bigs to put ND in a tough position defensively and he never even tried it. There was no way for ND to match up defensively with the size that jackson could have put on the floor. obviously whatever they were doing wasn't working so why not try something new?

-- Posted by hooplife on Tue, Dec 5, 2017, at 11:42 AM

hooplife,I agree that Jackson had a huge size advantage roster and warm ups looked like a juco team!But as i watched the game the size was being nullified by heart and desire from notre dame! Imo the two 5'9 guards controlled the game!

-- Posted by porchswing on Tue, Dec 5, 2017, at 11:54 AM
  • I see what you are saying hooplife it makes sense. I agree with porch those guards didn't miss a free throw down the stretch and only had a few turnovers. Nd just outplayed them.

-- Posted by Murphdogg on Tue, Dec 5, 2017, at 12:01 PM
  • Birdfan was it a actual punch? I am sure there is video footage of it. I can probably guess which kid it was but not calling out kids on forums.

-- Posted by Murphdogg on Tue, Dec 5, 2017, at 12:04 PM
  • In my opinion it's too early to judge Jackson or their Staff. Coach Scott has proven over many years now to be great at getting his teams ready for late in the season!

This game was just the first time we had the full team available. Give it time. It's going to be a good season for Jackson!!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Tue, Dec 5, 2017, at 12:30 PM
  • I agree IP still think you guys have tons of talent and when they get firing on all cylinders will be hard to beat. And your coach is one of the best imo.

-- Posted by Murphdogg on Tue, Dec 5, 2017, at 12:33 PM

Not a clinched fist punch but more of a deliberate forearm/backhand to the ND playerís head/neck region. Quite blatant; I was shocked by what I saw.

-- Posted by birdfan on Tue, Dec 5, 2017, at 12:50 PM

For clarityís sake, no one called it a ďpunchĒ. In addition to that specific incident, this same player, following Jacksonís final basket, retrieved the ball and overzealously threw the ball into the gut of the ND player who was waiting for the ball to inbound it. No harm but totally uncalled for behavior.

-- Posted by birdfan on Tue, Dec 5, 2017, at 12:59 PM
  • Unfortunately, this is becoming a recurring theme with this particular player. I know Coach Scott doesnít condone his actions, but he seems to do just that by allowing it to continue.

And, furthermore, here we are discussing this nonsense when ND beat a quality opponent...which is what we should be discussing. It tastes like vinegar (kidding), but ND was the better team last night.

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Tue, Dec 5, 2017, at 1:37 PM
  • Thanks Murph! Looking forward to seeing your guys play tonight!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Tue, Dec 5, 2017, at 1:58 PM
  • Buck, regarding your question. I would rather see this tournament at the end of the season when teams are peaking.

-- Posted by IndianPride on Tue, Dec 5, 2017, at 2:06 PM

chsrleston reminds me of a certain NBA team who only seems to get hyped over good completion. When they get in their minds every team everyday is looking to beat them they will turn into that championship caliber team we are used to seeing. I'm sure SHS won't overlook their opponent but hoop don't get to licking to soon. Looks like March madness is in December.

-- Posted by TrueBlue24 on Tue, Dec 5, 2017, at 3:03 PM

BuckMajor you got a shout out on 92.9

-- Posted by mz259 on Tue, Dec 5, 2017, at 5:09 PM

Haha oh really? What did they say? Or anyone else who heard it haha.

No radio in my office, so I don't get to listen during the daytime.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Dec 5, 2017, at 5:25 PM

They were talking about the young guy at NMCC and said if you follow semoball BuckMajor already has you up to date on the team pretty well. Basically along those lines.

-- Posted by mz259 on Tue, Dec 5, 2017, at 5:57 PM
  • Any updates on the Pb vs. Cape game?

-- Posted by LeBum on Tue, Dec 5, 2017, at 6:05 PM

Ahh gotcha! Yeah I was talking with one of those guys, so that makes sense. Thanks for letting me know mz!

PB is winning 27-21 at the half LeBum

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Dec 5, 2017, at 6:13 PM
  • Wow, what a difference in Jackson from the first game to the Notre Dame game. ND finds a way to win. Bauwens gone, thought this would be a cake walk. Not so. It is the team from last year. I would call it ďlook at me ball.Ē Jackson complains to refs, gets mad at each other, wonít help opponents up. Not my kind of basketball. Wasnít a punch but an elbow out of frustration. And...Jackson should be frustrated. I am glad when the refs donít change the call when the player complains, at least they havenít yet. Great job ND. You wanted it way more than Jackson. Semo conference is stacked with talent. Good to see.

-- Posted by Tom A. Hawk on Tue, Dec 5, 2017, at 6:29 PM
  • Cape Wins by 5 it wasn't pretty but made some big free throws down the stretch

-- Posted by Murphdogg on Tue, Dec 5, 2017, at 6:53 PM
  • The free throws were definitely the difference Murph!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Tue, Dec 5, 2017, at 7:00 PM
  • Great job Cape!!

These guys are good. Didnít think it would go this way. What a tourney.

-- Posted by Tom A. Hawk on Tue, Dec 5, 2017, at 7:02 PM
  • Tom I have to disagree. I have watched those kids play prob 10 times and all kids complain to refs not just Jackson kids. Don't label a whole team for actions of one kid. I am sure the rest of the team is tired of it also. Anyway I just hope Cape can keep it to within 10 untill 4th quarter against Sikeston then make a push. Gonna be huge underdogs so nothing to lose.

-- Posted by Murphdogg on Tue, Dec 5, 2017, at 7:14 PM
  • You're exactly right Murph. Complaining to the refs nowadays drives me crazy. It happens at all levels of hoops with the pros being the worst of course. It's definitely not just Jackson.

I miss the good old days of no talking to the refs with complaints. You sure aren't going to change their mind. I feel it only makes it worse for your chances of getting a call when it might really matter.

-- Posted by IndianPride on Tue, Dec 5, 2017, at 7:52 PM
  • I'm not going to read through all these posts. Did Leach play?

-- Posted by crackerjack on Tue, Dec 5, 2017, at 8:03 PM
  • No he didnít

-- Posted by TFA on Tue, Dec 5, 2017, at 8:11 PM
  • New Madrid is not giving up I like That. On a sour note we look a little sloppy

-- Posted by TFA on Tue, Dec 5, 2017, at 8:13 PM
  • Thanks TFA

-- Posted by crackerjack on Tue, Dec 5, 2017, at 8:23 PM
  • Well the Cape/PB game was as Charles Barkley would say "Terrible". I have never seen so many missed layups. I just hope it was an off night for both teams. If Cape plays the same way Thursday night we might see a running clock

-- Posted by WolverineKilla on Tue, Dec 5, 2017, at 9:58 PM
  • No complaining to refs, was how I grew up too. I get it Murph and IP. Donít notice it much on the other side of the ball. Just donít understand how it can continue to happen. Several Jackson players continue to do it, not just one. In my day you would be done for the night and running at 5 a.m. But...I am old. Ha!

-- Posted by Tom A. Hawk on Tue, Dec 5, 2017, at 10:32 PM

Sikeston is so much better than any of these weak teams. Who can keep it within 20 is the real question! The Charleston team that lost to Dexter? No. The lazy Jackson team that lost to an untalented ND team? No. Either teams in the garbage Cape Central Bluff matchup? No. Dogs are gonna roll. we didnt even play good and hung up 90... again.

-- Posted by BulldogFan1 on Tue, Dec 5, 2017, at 10:48 PM
  • ND not talented?? Ha!! I watched a soph guard sink 14 outta 15 free throws and the 14 he made never hit the rim. Dude is tiny but he got game, I kid u not.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, Dec 5, 2017, at 11:06 PM

Bulldogfan1... so much for respect and humility. It's a good thing we know true Sikeston fans and how much class they have. They'd never disrespect other teams like that. I'm sure you're just a kid that attends the school or even a player. Might want to learn how to treat others with class and respect. It can go a long way man.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Dec 5, 2017, at 11:09 PM

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂☺️😂☺️

-- Posted by BulldogFan1 on Tue, Dec 5, 2017, at 11:30 PM
  • ciri and Cheesehead! Well said!

👍💪

-- Posted by IndianPride on Tue, Dec 5, 2017, at 11:42 PM
  • I never Say we are going to win until it happens unless Iím joking with the people I work With because they are from the other town. In basketball anyone can have an off night. Hope Thursday night is a better night for basketball

-- Posted by TFA on Wed, Dec 6, 2017, at 4:27 AM
  • Bulldog fan I agree Sikeston is by far the best team in the tournament. They were last year also and they got "lucky" getting two good players to transfer in. Let's be honest they should beat teams by 20. It will be different as the year gets longer and teams start playing together longer.

-- Posted by Murphdogg on Wed, Dec 6, 2017, at 5:35 AM
  • Hey @BulldogFan1... That's cute, I remember my first beer...

-- Posted by Dr. Acula on Wed, Dec 6, 2017, at 6:45 AM
  • Jackson has way more talent than ND. Jackson was simply out coached and notre dame wanted it more.

-- Posted by Lavar Ball on Wed, Dec 6, 2017, at 7:41 AM
  • Should be some good games tonight. Here are the links to watch

http://thecube.com/e/764852 Poplar Bluff High School (#5 seed) vs. Central High School (#8 seed)

http://thecube.com/e/764854 Charleston High School (#2 seed) vs. Jackson Senior High School (#3 seed

-- Posted by trainhard on Wed, Dec 6, 2017, at 8:31 AM
  • Sorry for the delay but after reviewing the film, the Academy Award for best acting in a lead role goes to.... Cam Dohogne. Congrats. 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

-- Posted by Academy of Motion Pictures on Wed, Dec 6, 2017, at 8:33 AM
  • Lots of really dumb talk this early in the season. The coach out coached this coach. As if most of those on Semoball really know what all goes into what you're talking about. Every year people get on Semoball and bang on Jackson and Darrin Scott. Every year, by the end of the year, they are playing good to great basketball and competing for or winning district titles.

Sikeston is the best team. They should win. They will likely win, especially on their home floor. They are really good and they play really hard and are unselfish.

A less talented Notre Dame squad? LOL Notre Dame may not be as big as Jackson but size doesn't equate talent. Notre Dame is a talented team. They've already beaten Charleston and Jackson.

Dexter, Charleston, Poplar Bluff and Cape Central are all solid teams. They will all 4 win a lot of games this year. It's a deep, tough tournament.

-- Posted by ozzyandharriet on Wed, Dec 6, 2017, at 9:16 AM
  • Dexter, ND, Cape, Sikes...

Gonna be a heckuva district tourney!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Wed, Dec 6, 2017, at 9:19 AM
  • Notre Dame does not have size but they do have talent. Those 5'9 guards are only Sophomores. They were not intimidated by the size of Jackson's players and instead adjusted to it. Much classier behavior and maturity than Jackson. I watched the handshakes at the end of the game when Kam Dohogne tried to shake hands with the Jackson player that shoved him and the Jackson player refused to shake his hand. ND turned some heads and is proving to be more than we thought. Impressive.

-- Posted by vector0507 on Wed, Dec 6, 2017, at 10:24 AM
  • They have some talent for sure and best of all you can tell they have a solid coach. They are a scrappy bunch that plays hustles and plays hard and as a team. The lack of sportsman ship shown by some of jacksons players is an embarrassment. We get out hustled, out played and out coached and what do we do? Throw cheap shots and pout like little kids. Those are great skill sets for them to learn. Going to come in real handy when they get in the real world. The lack of discipline is disgusting to watch.

-- Posted by jsbball on Wed, Dec 6, 2017, at 12:39 PM

Who's surprised? It's Jackson. I think that's their motto somewhere on their water tower.

-- Posted by BulldogFan1 on Wed, Dec 6, 2017, at 1:33 PM
  • Doesnít surprise me at all with Jackson having no respect or class. At least there players havenít vandalized any Christmas decorations this year.

-- Posted by TheNewsReporter on Wed, Dec 6, 2017, at 1:38 PM
  • Notre Dame always seems to win games they aren't supposed to. On paper, they should beat Dexter, but the Bearcats are going to give them a run for their money tomorrow. Should be a very interesting game. Weird to think either ND or Dexter is going to be in the Championship

-- Posted by Pizarro on Wed, Dec 6, 2017, at 1:39 PM
  • It's a little bit too early to tell NewsReporter, I'm sure there is lots of decorations not put up yet that could be potential targets.

-- Posted by Pizarro on Wed, Dec 6, 2017, at 1:42 PM

ND vs Dexter should be a great game. Two similar teams.

-- Posted by Captain Awesome on Wed, Dec 6, 2017, at 1:48 PM

Boy was I so wrong about Charleston! 🤷‍♂️

-- Posted by indian73 on Wed, Dec 6, 2017, at 1:54 PM

Not so weird to think about Notre Dame being in the championship....BUT DEXTER?!?!

-- Posted by indian73 on Wed, Dec 6, 2017, at 1:56 PM
  • Come on bulldog fan I saw a game a few years ago in sikeston against cape where one of your players basically attacked a ref and last year the game you guys lost to Jackson you had a player foul out near the end of the game and wouldn't leave the floor. Refs had to hold up game until he decided to walk off. Talk about lack of sportsmanship why press a team when you are up 30 pts I have seen that also.

-- Posted by Murphdogg on Wed, Dec 6, 2017, at 2:18 PM
  • I'm not on board with what "Bulldogfan" is posting or if this person is even a real Bulldog fan, but inventing nonsense like a player attacking a ref and one refusing to leave the floor is pretty sad, even for you Murphdogg.

-- Posted by semohoops on Wed, Dec 6, 2017, at 2:56 PM
  • I was there for one of them semo. Not nonsense.

-- Posted by Murphdogg on Wed, Dec 6, 2017, at 3:18 PM
  • You are right i should not of said anything but reading the comments disrespecting teams got me all fired up. Lol. I apologize

-- Posted by Murphdogg on Wed, Dec 6, 2017, at 3:20 PM

Things have gotten frisky!!!

A) seriously doubt a player from Sikeston attacked a ref...if he did he wouldn't be in a Sikeston jersey the rest of the season.

B) About the foul out reference last year: that's actually customary for there to be a stoppage of play. Coach gets like 60 seconds or so to decide who he is going to put in the game. If it was a free throw, pretty sure they also have to shoot the first one before they physically remove him from the game.

C) Not even gonna dive into pressing up 30 points. 30 is barely a running clock. It's not like it was 50 points. Play to win the game.

-- Posted by bulldog21forever on Wed, Dec 6, 2017, at 3:30 PM
  • What time is the ND/Dexter game tomorrow? Will it be on the cube? Could someone share that link?

-- Posted by cardinalnation on Wed, Dec 6, 2017, at 3:30 PM
  • 7:30 is the time they play

-- Posted by TFA on Wed, Dec 6, 2017, at 4:15 PM
  • ND is surprising many and playing well. I believe they will impress a lot of people this year. Jackson looks to have some pieces but lacks leadership and maturity. Sikeston impressive as always. Excited for the rest of the tourney!

-- Posted by OQ Vert on Wed, Dec 6, 2017, at 4:20 PM

GO DOGS

-- Posted by BulldogFan1 on Wed, Dec 6, 2017, at 4:28 PM

One question and I am sorry if this has been answered in a previous forum... But I noticed Leech was not on PB's roster last night. He is in the team photo, but not listed on the roster and there hasn't been the usual chatter about his so far this year... What's the deal?

-- Posted by secretagentman on Wed, Dec 6, 2017, at 5:20 PM
  • He was there on the bench but he hurt something just canít remember what. Sorry Iím really forgetful Iím sure someone will answer better

-- Posted by TFA on Wed, Dec 6, 2017, at 5:38 PM

Someone said he broke his leg before the season started.

-- Posted by birdfan on Wed, Dec 6, 2017, at 6:22 PM
  • When he was out on the court shooting around he looked ok he was jumping some and everything so maybe he wonít be out the whole season

-- Posted by TFA on Wed, Dec 6, 2017, at 6:29 PM
  • They reported on the Cube that Leach may be back in a week or two.

Bigelw had reported earlier he had a broken leg as birdfan stated.

-- Posted by IndianPride on Wed, Dec 6, 2017, at 7:06 PM
  • Any games on "the cube" tonight?

-- Posted by semo7178 on Wed, Dec 6, 2017, at 7:25 PM
  • Yes SEMO. You can find the link up in the thread.

-- Posted by IndianPride on Wed, Dec 6, 2017, at 7:29 PM
  • Who are winning the games at SEMO tournament tonight?

-- Posted by wjhfarms on Wed, Dec 6, 2017, at 8:28 PM
  • Well crap...

-- Posted by IndianPride on Wed, Dec 6, 2017, at 8:46 PM

IP your team had the momentum sometimes keep away hurts more than just playing. Good win for CHS needed that confidence booster for sure.

-- Posted by TrueBlue24 on Wed, Dec 6, 2017, at 8:52 PM
  • Congrats to your BlueJays TrueBlue!

I feel like our usernames same the same thing about how we feel about our schools!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Wed, Dec 6, 2017, at 9:08 PM
  • TFA....you mentioned earlier how the Dogs got sloppy last night. What did you mean specifically? We only had 5 turnovers... If thatís sloppy, we are going to be heck on wheels when we clean it up. Lol

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Wed, Dec 6, 2017, at 9:50 PM

Hey Rockett do you keep up with all the stats of a Sikeston game? Wow what a fan!

-- Posted by indian73 on Wed, Dec 6, 2017, at 10:59 PM
  • So Cape beat PB shooting 26% on the night. Going to have to shoot better than that to beat the Dawgs. The Dawgs didn't shoot great but at least they could make a lay up unlike central and bluff. And to say Sikeston was sloppy with just 5 turnovers must had been watching the game before

-- Posted by WolverineKilla on Wed, Dec 6, 2017, at 11:16 PM
  • Sloppy meaning, and I know Iím going to get slack from saying this, is just run down the floor and shoot who cares if your open or not I need The personal points kinda of attitude. I know You have to shoot to score. I really Canít describe the other stuff just looked sloppy not the turnover sloppy rocket

-- Posted by TFA on Thu, Dec 7, 2017, at 4:23 AM
  • Your guys definition of sloppy and mine totally different

-- Posted by TFA on Thu, Dec 7, 2017, at 4:24 AM
  • I will have to say whatever Sikeston is doing, it works! scoring 90+ points a game, completely packed crowds... I mean, I guess they could walk it up, pass it 14 times, and then miss the shot....and have no fans to speak of. Think about it some of you disgruntled fans. You have the best atmosphere, awesome players on and off the court, a community that supports them....yet some of you still could coach them better, have a better style of play, and would be happy if the team was .500 and their kid avg 20 pts a game. Be appreciative of the success and handle it like you have been there before. Usually its the people that have all the answers when the team is losing... weird how the team has been very dominant and those people still have all the answers.

-- Posted by barkleyfan on Thu, Dec 7, 2017, at 1:46 PM
  • Seriously hope youíre not talking about me because I sure Donít know how to coach or claim to know how to. Iím totally glad they donít walk it up the court Iíd be bored to death I said Sloppy just canít put into words exactly what Iím talking about but Cape coaches was watching and I wanted Them to look their usual awesome self. There now I hope Everyone is happy. Geez!! And my phone is capitalizing all these words for some weird reason Iím not doing that just in case anyone wants to comment about that.

-- Posted by TFA on Thu, Dec 7, 2017, at 2:10 PM
  • Should be a couple of good semifinal matchups tonight. If you canít make it to the tournament please click on the links below.

Game #1 http://thecube.com/e/765093 Sikeston High School (#1 seed) vs. Central High School (#4 seed)

Game #2 http://thecube.com/e/765096 Dexter High School (#7 seed) vs. Notre Dame Regional High School (# 6 seed)

-- Posted by trainhard on Thu, Dec 7, 2017, at 2:21 PM

indian73...you mean you don't keep up with your team's stats?

Another few points: I'm not sure Cape and PB have ever played an exciting game. Always about 35-45 points for each team.

Go Dogs.

-- Posted by bulldog21forever on Thu, Dec 7, 2017, at 2:44 PM
  • @barkleyfan Bravo! Your point was well taken. Sometimes people on the forum agree with others to get along. They are still not over the fact that other players came and took playing time away from others who they felt deserved it. Coach has brought the program a long way from us being on the other end of the blow out. Just learn to cheer the kids on to victory. If you feel you can't...stay home.

-- Posted by BornBulldog on Thu, Dec 7, 2017, at 2:51 PM
  • Can someone share the cube links for tonight's games?

-- Posted by cardinalnation on Thu, Dec 7, 2017, at 3:15 PM
  • Hey Mrs T, all those capital letters are giving me seizures...STOPPPPPPPP!!!!!

And I would rather see 90 ďsloppyĒ points than 50 ďwell thought outĒpoints! Mr Naismith once said, and I quote, ďThou shalt puttest the basketball into thine peachbaskest more times than thine adversary in order to attain supremacyĒ. Nuff said...

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Thu, Dec 7, 2017, at 3:15 PM
  • indian73....I feel Iím the biggest Sikeston fan in the world, but I donít personally keep the stats. But, I do know a guy... Ha!

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Thu, Dec 7, 2017, at 3:19 PM
  • Ciri bite something. Rocket donít call me out again on this forum if you want to know what Iím talking about come ask me cause now all the know it alls come out of the woodwork and then I have to hear crap for MY OPINION

-- Posted by TFA on Thu, Dec 7, 2017, at 3:49 PM
  • And just for the record I happen To love this team this year

-- Posted by TFA on Thu, Dec 7, 2017, at 3:50 PM
  • Cardinalnation the links are about 3 posts above yours.

-- Posted by trainhard on Thu, Dec 7, 2017, at 3:59 PM

What coach has done for this community is unmatched. You don't see this kind of magic anywhere else. And it's year after year of dominance. It's all you can ask for as a program. GO DOGS

-- Posted by BulldogFan1 on Thu, Dec 7, 2017, at 4:08 PM
  • Guess I better Explain myself one more time I was Messing with Ciri and Rocket. Rocket might know that I dont Really care and Ciri well he still owes me a car wash

-- Posted by TFA on Thu, Dec 7, 2017, at 4:25 PM

Bulldogforever...I glance at the general stats if in the newspaper. Other than that I let the coaches worry bout the other!

-- Posted by indian73 on Thu, Dec 7, 2017, at 4:27 PM

Ohhhh...so no one else keeps their own personal running statbook? Oops.

-- Posted by bulldog21forever on Thu, Dec 7, 2017, at 5:30 PM
  • I don't know why all you Sikeston fans are arguing you have assembled a great team and should run through this tournament. I hope Cape can give you a game but I doubt it

-- Posted by Murphdogg on Thu, Dec 7, 2017, at 6:08 PM
  • Good first quarter thatch is going to come back in soon though

-- Posted by Murphdogg on Thu, Dec 7, 2017, at 6:18 PM
  • Cape up 1 at half. Not bad for a team that can't make a layup. May get killed 2nd half but Hughes is playing great.

-- Posted by Murphdogg on Thu, Dec 7, 2017, at 6:39 PM
  • This Cape team is not the same team that played PB and Murph Iíd argue with a wall

If it would argue back lol

-- Posted by TFA on Thu, Dec 7, 2017, at 6:43 PM

Like I said before Cape and PB never play a game worth watching almost. Plus Cape will always play Sikeston better. Personally not surprised by the closeness. We'll be up by 10 or so at the end of the 3rd quarter. And I believe we'll win by 15-20

-- Posted by bulldog21forever on Thu, Dec 7, 2017, at 6:47 PM
  • Great game cape. You exposed them. 87 pts. Dawgs better practice d. Good luck sikeston you should have no problem tomorrow.

-- Posted by Murphdogg on Thu, Dec 7, 2017, at 7:24 PM
  • What a great game (Cape-Sikeston). That's the best ball-handling by Cape's entire team I've seen in years, and Sikeston has to be one of the most unselfish H.S. teams I've seen. They literally seem not to care who scores! Two great jobs by both coaches!

-- Posted by semo7178 on Thu, Dec 7, 2017, at 7:25 PM
  • Hey Murph! Your guys gave them a heck of a run!

And you're right. That is not the defense we've gotten used to seeing from Sikeston.

-- Posted by IndianPride on Thu, Dec 7, 2017, at 7:30 PM

Maybe bulldog fan will retreat his comments about weak. Most teams that have fire power bring their A Game when playing Shs because they are the underdog and the pressure is on the higher seed to win. Cape played well just a few to many turnovers and SHS did what they like to do run.. Good game.

-- Posted by TrueBlue24 on Thu, Dec 7, 2017, at 7:34 PM
  • Great game Cape thank you I like Exciting games just glad we won instead of ya

-- Posted by TFA on Thu, Dec 7, 2017, at 7:42 PM
  • Lol tfa. They are always good games only problem is you guys always win. Thanks IP you guys will be fine probably one of most talented teams around just have to put it together. Looking forward to beating you again though lol

-- Posted by Murphdogg on Thu, Dec 7, 2017, at 8:05 PM

Fine cape isn't weak all the time. They would've beat Bluff by 50 playing like that. Then I wouldn't have had to call their game garbage.

-- Posted by BulldogFan1 on Thu, Dec 7, 2017, at 8:21 PM

All jokes aside that was just an outstanding game! GO DOGS

-- Posted by BulldogFan1 on Thu, Dec 7, 2017, at 8:22 PM
  • Murph!!😁

-- Posted by IndianPride on Thu, Dec 7, 2017, at 8:59 PM
  • Notre Dame over Dexter, 69-64

-- Posted by Pizarro on Thu, Dec 7, 2017, at 9:02 PM
  • Great job Dawgs! We can always expect Cape to play us to the brink, but we rallied and came out on top. Looking forward to playing the Blue dogs or as call themselves ND.

-- Posted by BornBulldog on Thu, Dec 7, 2017, at 10:56 PM
  • Cape could be 0 and 25 on the season and would play us to a standstill anyway, it just wouldnt matter. Not surprised at all that tonites game coodve gone either way, its the way it was meant to be, I reckon.

And thats a technical foul on Mrs T for arguing with me and Rocket. As punishment u must sing the national anthem fri nite before the ND game.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Thu, Dec 7, 2017, at 11:13 PM
  • Ciri! If she's singing I'll be there!!

Please let me know!!😊

-- Posted by IndianPride on Thu, Dec 7, 2017, at 11:48 PM
  • Predictions for all 3 games tomorrow?

-- Posted by OQ Vert on Fri, Dec 8, 2017, at 2:31 AM
  • If I was To sing it would clear out the gym

-- Posted by TFA on Fri, Dec 8, 2017, at 4:24 AM
  • I will go CTon, Cape and Sikeston for the championship. Could be a 5-10 point game, could be a 30 point turbo clock event. I will say Sikeston wins by 25, huge advantage playing these games at home for sure and they are also fun to watch.

-- Posted by Theodore Bagwell on Fri, Dec 8, 2017, at 6:23 AM
  • When does Jackson play for seventh place?

-- Posted by hoopsguru on Fri, Dec 8, 2017, at 7:17 AM

I'm not sure if you're joking, guru. The tournament is double elimination and there is not a 7th place game.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Fri, Dec 8, 2017, at 8:50 AM
  • Sikeston is gonna win by 20 plus against ND

-- Posted by cdogg33 on Fri, Dec 8, 2017, at 9:21 AM

So you're telling me Jackson and NMCC don't get to play for 7th place? What a scam.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Dec 8, 2017, at 10:28 AM
  • Should be a great atomosphere in the fieldhouse tonight. Get there early but if you canít make it then use the links below to watch online. Thanks to everyone who has tuned in to the cube this week.

1st game: http://thecube.com/e/765610 Poplar Bluff High School vs. Charleston High School

2nd game: http://thecube.com/e/765612 Central High School vs. Dexter High School

3rd game : http://thecube.com/e/765613 Sikeston High School vs. Notre Dame Regional High

-- Posted by trainhard on Fri, Dec 8, 2017, at 12:39 PM
  • Oh no Buck! And I was finally gonna be able to make it tonight...

-- Posted by IndianPride on Fri, Dec 8, 2017, at 12:40 PM
  • I was going to make a prediction but I swore up and down that it was going to be Sikeston and Charleston in the finals and Cape and Jackson for 3rd.

-- Posted by Fatboy1972 on Fri, Dec 8, 2017, at 4:21 PM
  • @trainhard

Thanks posting links to watch the games!!

-- Posted by BIGfan46 on Fri, Dec 8, 2017, at 5:49 PM

Charleston leads PB 31-24 at half

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Dec 8, 2017, at 6:03 PM

Charleston up 35-31 after 3. Not exactly your offensive highlight reel tonight

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Dec 8, 2017, at 6:47 PM

Charleston defeats Poplar Bluff

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Dec 8, 2017, at 6:48 PM
  • Great tournament thus far; sure miss Bob Depro yelling, tha-reeeee!

-- Posted by semo7178 on Fri, Dec 8, 2017, at 6:57 PM
  • Sikeston's perimeter defense tonight (so far) has been "tenacious!"

-- Posted by semo7178 on Fri, Dec 8, 2017, at 8:55 PM
  • Congrats to all the Sikeston faithful!

I always enjoy watching nd lose!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Fri, Dec 8, 2017, at 10:54 PM
  • Thanks IP

-- Posted by TFA on Fri, Dec 8, 2017, at 11:06 PM
  • Yes ma'am!!😊

-- Posted by IndianPride on Fri, Dec 8, 2017, at 11:08 PM
  • What do we talk about now???

-- Posted by IndianPride on Sun, Dec 10, 2017, at 10:46 PM
  • Voice lessons for Mrs T

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Mon, Dec 11, 2017, at 12:12 AM
  • Haha!! Lol!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Mon, Dec 11, 2017, at 7:34 AM