Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: Any updates on Risco? others

Posted by sawdust49 on Tue, Mar 9, 2010, at 8:50 PM:

does anyone know the score of the Risco game?

Replies (11)

• Friend that is there just update facebook it was End of third Risco 53 Dora 49

-- Posted by mulesfan77 on Tue, Mar 9, 2010, at 9:02 PM
  • Final Risco 70 Dora 63

-- Posted by mulesfan77 on Tue, Mar 9, 2010, at 9:11 PM
  • Any update on Dora vs Risco game?

-- Posted by TigerMom14 on Tue, Mar 9, 2010, at 9:14 PM
  • Thanks! We're looking forward to SCC vs Risco! Go tigers.

-- Posted by TigerMom14 on Tue, Mar 9, 2010, at 9:15 PM
  • LOL :) Well good luck against that SCC team :) i would like to see them play once i hear they are a crazy tough team ...

-- Posted by mulesfan77 on Tue, Mar 9, 2010, at 9:16 PM
  • Congratulations to the Risco Tigers. I seen them play earlier this season and looked below mediocore as a team. I'm taking they improved an impossible amount or the basketball down south is sadly that poor. As for the Quarterfinal game coming up, Risco's dream will sadly end. By around 50.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Tue, Mar 9, 2010, at 10:52 PM
  • I would really like to give my "You have to play the games" speech for the Scott County Central / Risco game but I've already given the speech once tonight for anothe game and if you give the speech too often it loses effectiveness.

But you never know. I guess we have seen bigger upsets in Southeast Missouri.

-- Posted by drawmules on Tue, Mar 9, 2010, at 10:57 PM
  • I'm sorry draw but I can't recall any.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Tue, Mar 9, 2010, at 11:33 PM
  • But Uncle Charlie it could happen.

-- Posted by drawmules on Wed, Mar 10, 2010, at 12:29 AM

Uncle Charlie, I'm usually one to stay away from controversial responses, however, your description of Risco's play as being "below mediocore" (mediocre), is a slap in the face to not only Risco but also to every team which they have defeated. Your statement "I'm taking they improved an impossible amount or the basketball down South is sadly that poor", not only makes absolutely no sense, as I understand it, but is also offensive. Can Risco beat SCC ... NO, nor can any other Class I school in the state. To insinuate that, all teams who can only play to the level at which Risco plays, only brings them to a level in which you describe as "POOR" is an insult to every team in Class I, Districts I and II. I'm curious as to why you even started your comments with "Congratulations to the Risco Tigers". You should really choose your words more carefully. There are alot of young men who have worked and practiced very hard to earn the right to represent their schools as a member of their respective teams in which you have offended with you poorly chosen words. Quite honestly, you should apologize for your comments but I kow that will most likely not happen. Instead, if you choose to respond to my comments, they will most likely consist of more derogatory comments not only directed at more "down South" teams but now also at me. There's an old adage that states, "It's better to let someone think you are an idiot than to open your mouth and prove it". You may really wish to think on that statement before you respond. To any others in which this may offend, I offer my apology.

-- Posted by RWILSON on Wed, Mar 10, 2010, at 7:53 AM
  • Losing to Scott County Central should not take anything away from Risco's season. Congratulations on a great year. Meeting what I think is at least a once in a decade team and being put out is no disgrace. Play hard and let the chips fall where they may.

-- Posted by INDIAN87 on Thu, Mar 11, 2010, at 11:43 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: