High School Basketball Forum: Transfers

Posted by Bogey Man on Tue, Sep 5, 2017, at 11:06 AM:

Replies (18)

• charleston is staying in Charleston all is good

-- Posted by TFA on Tue, Sep 5, 2017, at 2:24 PM
  • Good for sikeston. Load up so when Cape, Jackson, or Bluff beats you there is no excuses. Please don't let semo turn into St Louis with kids transferring all over and making all star teams.

-- Posted by Murphdogg on Tue, Sep 5, 2017, at 8:00 PM
  • Or Charelston

-- Posted by Murphdogg on Tue, Sep 5, 2017, at 8:00 PM
  • 😂😂😂😂 we don't get from the area we recruit out of state geez!!

-- Posted by TFA on Tue, Sep 5, 2017, at 8:12 PM
  • This is what I was told about the Charleston thing kids told the player he would get more college looks if he played with Fred but the player will be a senior so he's not going anywhere, his parents weren't moving I'm pretty sure the school wouldn't of signed off on it so he wouldn't get to play so why leave. Anyway this is what I was told It could be wrong who knows. We don't need excuses it won't happen!!! 😂 That's a joke

-- Posted by TFA on Tue, Sep 5, 2017, at 8:18 PM
  • But can we have some football transfers please??? So tired of Jackson beating us so bad, don't care about any other teams beating us just Jackson they slaughter 😳

-- Posted by TFA on Tue, Sep 5, 2017, at 8:20 PM
  • Sikeston gets one family move in and everybody freaks out. A family in which their dad is originally from here. Sometimes families move. It happens. If there was a pattern of "curious transfers" or if a family lets a kid live with his AAU coach then I can see where people may raise an eyebrow.

As for the Charleston thing. Those rumors were started by the Charleston player. HE was the one putting that stuff out there. There isn't one person in Sikeston that believed there was any validity to him coming here.

-- Posted by semohoops on Tue, Sep 5, 2017, at 8:51 PM
  • TFA!! 😊

-- Posted by IndianPride on Tue, Sep 5, 2017, at 9:08 PM
  • IP your town should be ashamed of itself and I'm going to look for that water supply

-- Posted by TFA on Tue, Sep 5, 2017, at 9:14 PM
  • TFA!! 😅😂 The water is sooo good!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Tue, Sep 5, 2017, at 9:20 PM
  • I doubt if Sikeston would recruit players to beat Cape or Jackson.

-- Posted by barkleyfan on Tue, Sep 5, 2017, at 9:51 PM
  • The "Entitled Generation" and parents have no loyalty to the people they grew up with and hometown school. It's about ME ME ME!!

-- Posted by Bogey Man on Wed, Sep 6, 2017, at 9:38 AM
  • Murphdogg, Sikeston has been handling Bluff, Cape, and Jackson pretty well for a number of years now. Their record against these schools is pretty staggering, which is all the more impressive when you consider the talent that these schools have produced. Sure, they'll beat Sikeston at some point. Sikeston won't beat them forever. It may happen this year. Jackson even got one last year. But don't sit there and act like it's panic button time.

-- Posted by semohoops on Wed, Sep 6, 2017, at 1:10 PM
  • I'm so ready for hoops I can taste it. I liked the Dogs' chances even before the kids that moved into the district.

semohoops....you are right. The Dogs have had great success against the 3 teams you mentioned. The Dogs handled Jackson this summer on two different occasions without the new kids. I realize it's summer and all, but the games were battles.

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Wed, Sep 6, 2017, at 9:10 PM
  • I like our chances this year! Should be a good one!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Wed, Sep 6, 2017, at 9:22 PM
  • Jackson's actually won 3 of the last 4 regular season meeting between them and Sikeston (before then, I don't remember exactly but I know Sikeston dominated them for about 5 years in a row haha)

-- Posted by semo501 on Wed, Sep 6, 2017, at 10:32 PM
  • That's not quite accurate. Sikeston has won 2 of the last 3 and 8 of the last 11. The teams split last year and Sikeston won at Jackson in 2016. Jackson won in 2015 on Sikeston's floor and won in overtime against JT Jones' team in 2014. Prior to that the last time Jackson beat Sikeston you have to go back to 2008.

Sikeston has won 9 straight and 16 of 17 from Bluff.

Sikeston has knocked Cape Central out of district play 4 times in 5 years.

I didn't know all of this. Had to look it up lol.

So no, Sikeston isn't going out and trying to recruit players like other schools have done in this area (I won't name names). Sikeston develops their players and system and these are the results of years of hard work and coaching and doing things the right way, which includes sometimes removing players from the team that mess up. (I don't see this happen that often at other schools with worse violations or crimes). Holifield runs a clean ship, a tight ship, and in the end, they've reaped many rewards.

-- Posted by semohoops on Wed, Sep 6, 2017, at 11:18 PM
  • Agree hoops with the part about coaches/ADs/administration at too many schools sweeping bad behavior under the rug. Not being willing to adhere to ethics and morality in quest of the almighty championship is the worst example we could be setting for young people. Is it any wonder that we see so many college and pro athletes end up in the headlines? Many have grown up with bad behavior being excused because they are elite athletes.

I don't remember the specifics, but several years ago the baseball coach at Cape Central kicked a couple star players off the team right before districts, I believe for drinking. Not sure but it was certainly no felony. And Central was loaded that year and expected to make a deep playoff run.

That took a lot of guts and integrity, but a far more valuable lesson to his team than any trophy would ever do.

-- Posted by Bogey Man on Thu, Sep 7, 2017, at 11:19 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: