Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: Senior only basketball in Dexter are they doing it this year?

Posted by TFA on Fri, Mar 31, 2017, at 9:56 PM:

If so does anyone know when?

Replies (11)

• What are you talking about, an allstar game?

-- Posted by 3Rfan on Sat, Apr 1, 2017, at 7:41 PM
  • Yep that's what I'm talking about. Just worded it wrong

-- Posted by TFA on Sat, Apr 1, 2017, at 9:16 PM
  • I assume they are doing it but I haven't heard anything about it yet. There is supposed to be a senior allstar game at 3Rivers next Saturday. Girls at 3 then boys. They wanted to have 2 boys games, a small school game and a large school game but the last I heard they didn't have enough for the large school game so it may just be one boys game. I should be able to find out tomorrow. I'll post it here if I do.

-- Posted by 3Rfan on Sat, Apr 1, 2017, at 9:50 PM
  • Thank you I know Dexter didn't do it last year

-- Posted by TFA on Sat, Apr 1, 2017, at 10:13 PM
  • No game at Dexter. 3Rivers will host 3 games this Saturday starting with the girl's game at 3pm, then class 1&2 boys followed by class 3,4&5 boys game. They had to pull class 3 boys up with class 4&5 because they only had 3 boys from class 5. Should be a good day of basketball. 3R hopes to keep this going and the games next year should be in the new 3000 seat arena currently under construction just above the 3R baseball field.

-- Posted by 3Rfan on Sun, Apr 2, 2017, at 7:26 PM
  • Don't suppose you know who is coming from class 4 or should i say Sikeston?

-- Posted by TFA on Sun, Apr 2, 2017, at 7:58 PM
  • I wonder why Dexter stopped? Nothing against 3 rivers I've never been there but since I work that day until 3 doubt if I drive that far but I hope you get a crowd.

-- Posted by TFA on Sun, Apr 2, 2017, at 8:16 PM
  • It was the BA Sports folks that put that on and promoted it, they were from that area so they had it at Dexter. They don't do it anymore so 3R is going to pick it up and see if they can keep a senior allstar game in the area.

-- Posted by 3Rfan on Sun, Apr 2, 2017, at 8:58 PM
  • 3Rfan when will the rosters be realeased?

-- Posted by DynamicJason412 on Sun, Apr 2, 2017, at 9:02 PM
  • I don't know if they will put that in the paper this week or not. It changes at the whim of the kids that say they are coming or decide not to. I know of 3 girls that said they would come but dropped out already. I hope the rest that have said they will come actually show up so there is enough to play all 3 games. If the 3R coaches continue to do this I figure they will promote it more and try to get more participation.

-- Posted by 3Rfan on Sun, Apr 2, 2017, at 9:52 PM
  • Thanks 3Rfan!!!! Hopefully they show the rosters soon

-- Posted by DynamicJason412 on Sun, Apr 2, 2017, at 11:10 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: