Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: Class 3 District 1 Semis!!!

Posted by EagleAgent00 on Thu, Mar 4, 2010, at 9:06 AM:

Ok so tonite in Kennett, Kennett will play Caruthersville but the game of the nite will be NMCC vs. Charleston. NMCC won the earlier matchup by the final score of 55-51 @ NMCC. These 2 teams also met in Districts last year with Charleston winning @ the buzzer 59-57. So who's gonna go on to face Kennett 2morrow and y???

Replies (19)

• I think this game falls under the category of "unpredictable."

-- Posted by drawmules on Thu, Mar 4, 2010, at 9:26 AM

If NMCC plays well and keep a hand in Jones' face, i bet NMCC will b District champs b/c the winner of this game here will beat kennett.

-- Posted by EagleAgent00 on Thu, Mar 4, 2010, at 9:39 AM
  • Unpredictable is a pretty fair assessment. Kennett has the home court and the quickness and the defense. NMCC has the size. Charleston has the shooters and usually step it up at this time of the year. Cville is relatively unknown at this point, but certainly capable of an upset.

-- Posted by semohoops on Thu, Mar 4, 2010, at 9:54 AM

Hey eagle agent is jamaria playin??

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Mar 4, 2010, at 10:09 AM

Headed to the game!! Good luck NMCC!!! and caruthersville. lets go eagles!!!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Mar 4, 2010, at 5:02 PM

I'll go with Kennett and Charleston tonight.

-- Posted by Indian81 on Thu, Mar 4, 2010, at 5:33 PM
  • I figure that Kennett should beat Cville, but it could be close. The real final is the NMCC - Charleston game. That winner will be the district champ. Good luck to all the teams!

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Thu, Mar 4, 2010, at 7:18 PM

no jamareia jones did not play and i think that had a major impact on the game last nite. both teams played hard but its a shame that the refs decided that game for c-town. a couple of bad calls sent charleston to the line where they were hot all nite. good luck to charleston or kennett in the push for the state championship.

-- Posted by EagleAgent00 on Fri, Mar 5, 2010, at 9:01 AM

Eagle agent, that is an unfair statement to make about the official "deciding" the game for Charleston. In the first overtime Charleston did a great job holding the basketball the last minute of play until it was deflected out of bounds of an Eagle player. The official standing right next to the play claims he didn't see what happened! That was the shame. The game should have never entered a second overtime. But it was a very hard fought game from both teams. Dontre Jenkins and Coney Eley (if that's how you spell his name) are two very impressive players! Good luck to both of them in their futures!

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Fri, Mar 5, 2010, at 10:35 AM

wonder if eagle agent watched the same game that I did

-- Posted by birdfan on Fri, Mar 5, 2010, at 11:55 AM
  • 26-32 from the free throw line.

20-36 from the free throw line.

I bet you can guess who was who in those two statements. Still think the refs decided this one?

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Fri, Mar 5, 2010, at 1:23 PM

Free throws were a vital part of the game and the NMCC weren't able to knock em down when they counted, but to call a charge with the game on the line on Kony Ealy in his last game as a senior?? That sent him to the bench and thats when Charleston iced the game. Not saying that Charleston is a bad team b/c they showed that they are a great team last nite, but there were some controversial calls on both sides of the ball.

-- Posted by EagleAgent00 on Fri, Mar 5, 2010, at 3:19 PM

eagle agent....surely you are not insinuating that because Ealy is a senior in what could potentially have been his last game that the refs should have overlooked what they saw as an infraction? However, at times during the game, I thought the officials were overlooking infractions of Ealy's because of his "star status".....he could easily have fouled out in the first half

-- Posted by birdfan on Fri, Mar 5, 2010, at 3:46 PM

no thats not wat im saying...sure he could've fouled out in the first half but the refs missed a couple of calls that if i was a ref i woulda called. thats y i said they missed calls on both sides of the ball. Charleston hit shots when it counted and they were superb from the free-throw line. hope they can finish the job tonite!!

-- Posted by EagleAgent00 on Fri, Mar 5, 2010, at 4:33 PM
  • That was the game of the year last night at Kennett: NMCC vs Charleston but the outcome shouldve been NMCC.... There was missed fouls on Ealy and Jenkins and several walks on Charleston that werent called... Maybe we should hire better refs.. But still game of the year..

-- Posted by dont worry on Fri, Mar 5, 2010, at 7:51 PM
  • Kennttt 29-19 2nd quarter 4:00 minutes to go.

Caruther's just had a tremendous 2 hand slam. Charleston time. Kennett's doing a great job of doubling Jones when he has the ball. You can tell they are not going to let him ring'em up like he did at Charleston.

-- Posted by mac baseball on Fri, Mar 5, 2010, at 7:57 PM
  • Half Time Kennett 36 Charleston 31 Kennet's getting tremedous help defense with their man-man, best I've seen this year. Coach Vaughn's doing a good job of substituting, the Indians are letting in all go in this one, if they don't run out of gas, they've got a shot in this one.

Charleston may be spent after last night's emotional game.

-- Posted by mac baseball on Fri, Mar 5, 2010, at 8:07 PM
  • Half Time Kennett 36 Charleston 31 Kennet's getting tremedous help defense with their man-man, best I've seen this year. Coach Vaughn's doing a good job of substituting, the Indians are letting in all go in this one, if they don't run out of gas, they've got a shot in this one.

Charleston may be spent after last night's emotional game.

-- Posted by mac baseball on Fri, Mar 5, 2010, at 8:09 PM

dont worry

Finally someone who was watchin the same game i was. There were a lot of missed calls on both teams. Im a NMCC fan n there were some walks/fouls that they missed on them. I wld say that there were more missed call for charleston that nmcc. to tell the truth, we need to have out of state refs so we knw that no one is biased.

-- Posted by EagleAgent00 on Sun, Mar 7, 2010, at 1:01 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: