Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: Cape Central @ Sikeston

Posted by cms14 on Thu, Feb 9, 2017, at 9:58 AM:

Cape on a 7 game win streak and playing well as of late can they make this a game against arguably SEMO's best tomorrow night? Predictions?

Replies (54)

• After the disappointing Sikeston and PB game, I think this will be the game of the year. Central is on a hot streak and Sikeston is ranked 1st in class 4. I expect it to be high scoring

-- Posted by slumdogsports on Thu, Feb 9, 2017, at 10:02 AM

I'm thinkin Stown big. Cape'll be lucky to keep it within 20

-- Posted by BulldogFan1 on Thu, Feb 9, 2017, at 5:53 PM

I say sikeston in a close close game

-- Posted by The WizKid on Thu, Feb 9, 2017, at 6:12 PM
  • I think the Dogs will win, but I think it will be close too. Cape always seems to play the Dogs close.

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Thu, Feb 9, 2017, at 6:24 PM
  • Where will this one be played?

-- Posted by semo501 on Thu, Feb 9, 2017, at 8:45 PM
  • It will be in Sikeston

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Thu, Feb 9, 2017, at 8:48 PM
  • Cape has figgrd out how to slow down the dawgz in the half court, especially in distrix. Sometimes they pack the paint and make us shoot treys, sometimes they play catch out top on offense for a good minute which also contributes to the slowdown. Church has always prepared the Bengals well for the Dawgz game so anything goes tomorro nite.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Thu, Feb 9, 2017, at 8:55 PM
  • Sikeston wins by 15

-- Posted by Highschoolsports on Thu, Feb 9, 2017, at 9:01 PM
  • Sikeston by 8.

-- Posted by joefrank78 on Thu, Feb 9, 2017, at 9:03 PM

Interesting to see how this matchup unfolds, Cape is trending up. Watched them play Jackson Tuesday & cant decide if Cape played real well or Jackson played bad. Capes defense was solid, Mallory made a real difference of the bench

-- Posted by bulldog21forever on Thu, Feb 9, 2017, at 11:36 PM
  • Sikeston by 30+

-- Posted by indian73 on Thu, Feb 9, 2017, at 11:46 PM
  • Cape by 8

-- Posted by Murphdogg on Fri, Feb 10, 2017, at 5:22 AM
  • Sikeston will indeed have a running clock tonight.

-- Posted by pronet on Fri, Feb 10, 2017, at 7:14 AM

Sikeston vs Cape at Sikeston = Sikeston by 13+

Sikeston vs Cape at Cape = Cape by 8

Sikeston is GLAD this game is at home!

-- Posted by Kool-Aid (OH YEAHHH) on Fri, Feb 10, 2017, at 7:46 AM
  • Sikeston by 15+

-- Posted by yaeger on Fri, Feb 10, 2017, at 9:10 AM
  • The running clock comment is funny. Cape's defense is the most relentless that I've seen them have in years. They don't seem to be gassed by the fourth either.

-- Posted by Scott Horrell on Fri, Feb 10, 2017, at 9:23 AM

I think it will be Sikeston by 10 or 15 on their home court.

Btw, you can listen to the game at this link....

http://www.semoespn.com/sikeston-sports-live/

-- Posted by SportsMediaInformant on Fri, Feb 10, 2017, at 10:20 AM

I would like to point out that the last 3 years the team that has won this game failed to win districts.

2014:Sikeston beats Cape @ Cape and in districts Cape completely packed it in & made Sikeston shoot where they went 7-41 from 3. Cape went on to lose to Farmington in sectionals

2015: Cape beats Sikeston @ Sikeston. Sikeston went on to obliterate Cape by 30 in the semifinal round at Sikeston, where Sikeston ended up losing to ND and ND went on to the Final Four in CoMO.

2016: Cape hands Sikeston their first loss of the season in Cape. Sikeston ends up beating Cape in an awesome game in the District finals and winds up advancing to CoMo.

Moral of the story for me: I would rather lose this game as a Sikeston fan and come back to win the district title game.

I'm gonna go with Sikeston by 11, although Cape's defense was impressive Tuesday vs Jackson. ALSO, Sikeston has played some pretty ferocious D lately as well.

-- Posted by bulldog21forever on Fri, Feb 10, 2017, at 1:23 PM

Sikeston has 3-4 record against Cape in last 7 games.

9-6 record in last 15 games for Sikeston.

-- Posted by SportsMediaInformant on Fri, Feb 10, 2017, at 2:23 PM
  • If you can't make it to the game tonight you watch it here:

http://thecube.com/e/715075?utm_source=amazon&utm_medium=email&utm_content=event...

-- Posted by trainhard on Fri, Feb 10, 2017, at 3:27 PM

Bulldogs by 18

-- Posted by BulldogFan1 on Fri, Feb 10, 2017, at 4:21 PM
  • Updates?

-- Posted by CalPreps on Fri, Feb 10, 2017, at 7:48 PM
  • Sikeston up 65-63 with 5:10 to play

-- Posted by LeBum on Fri, Feb 10, 2017, at 8:39 PM
  • Two starters fouled out for Cape and now a technical on Cape. The wheels are falling off

-- Posted by LeBum on Fri, Feb 10, 2017, at 8:42 PM
  • 73-65 3 minutes left. Thatch 30 points

-- Posted by LeBum on Fri, Feb 10, 2017, at 8:50 PM
  • Sikeston 77-76 40 seconds.

-- Posted by LeBum on Fri, Feb 10, 2017, at 8:58 PM
  • Final 82-76 Sikeston

-- Posted by LeBum on Fri, Feb 10, 2017, at 9:04 PM
  • Wild, physical game! Cape impressed me! Fun game to watch!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Fri, Feb 10, 2017, at 9:08 PM
  • iP were u at the game?? Cape impressed me also very fast and definitely physical game but the fan action I didn't like. Too many people being thrown out players getting upset. I guess that's what u get in a close and physical game but wow.

-- Posted by TFA on Fri, Feb 10, 2017, at 9:13 PM
  • No ma'am I watched on the cube broadcast while listening to Jackson on the radio!! Are you saying some fans were thrown out?

-- Posted by IndianPride on Fri, Feb 10, 2017, at 9:16 PM
  • 5 or so got tossed. Jerry Dement was on the receiving end of "the bird" on a couple occasions.

-- Posted by Jason Porter on Fri, Feb 10, 2017, at 9:28 PM
  • Interesting Duke...emotions had to be high in a game like that! Thank you!

Oh...and Jackson won tonight!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Fri, Feb 10, 2017, at 9:35 PM
  • Congrats IP on the win who did they play?

-- Posted by TFA on Fri, Feb 10, 2017, at 9:38 PM
  • Thanks Ms. T!! We played NMCC.

-- Posted by IndianPride on Fri, Feb 10, 2017, at 9:49 PM
  • What was the score? We play then Tuesday but I'm thinking I am going to drive to watch Saxony and Bell City play I have a nephew on Bell City.

-- Posted by TFA on Fri, Feb 10, 2017, at 9:53 PM
  • We won 71-66...had a double digit lead and then got behind, but pulled it out!

I'm happy with how our guys are starting to play!!

Learning how to win in some tough situations on the road could be good at district time!!

Good luck to your nephew!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Fri, Feb 10, 2017, at 9:59 PM
  • I'm glad the potential next meeting is on neutral ground. I wasn't that impressed with Cape during the Christmas tournament but they looked liked a state ranked team tonight. They looked faster and more physical than Sikeston and played defense just as good as Sikeston. If Cape was a better 3 pt shooting team, it may have been a different outcome.

-- Posted by Fatboy1972 on Fri, Feb 10, 2017, at 10:07 PM

Agreed Fatboy, Cape played well. Newell can really weave through traffic, Sikeston's defense looked a little sluggish at time up top. The physicality was at a level I haven't seen in quite awhile, pleased with how Sikeston responded though. Cape definitely came out with attitude, there were a lot of fouls called tonight as it was physical. But I also feel like there were ticky tack fouls called and obvious fouls missed both ways. Quick whistles though, really hampered any game flow. 3 players fouled out. Makes for a bit of a tough game to watch.

-- Posted by bulldog21forever on Fri, Feb 10, 2017, at 11:15 PM
  • Cape runs an amazing offense. They had one hail mary trey at halftime buzzer and one more trey mid-third qtr. Other than that the rest of their fg's were layups and putbacks. I dont think they attempted more than 4-5 shots outside 10 feet. Kudos to them. Great game by both squads, Fred was hammered, held, stiff armed, you name it but still persevered. As usual this district is a tossup amongst Cape, Sikes and ND. No hands down fave this year, as usual.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Sat, Feb 11, 2017, at 12:07 AM
  • I listened to it on radio. Tons of fouls hard to get into game. Wish I would of went now sounded like a good one. Was it packed in gym?

-- Posted by Murphdogg on Sat, Feb 11, 2017, at 6:06 AM
  • What was the deal with fans being ejected?

-- Posted by semo7178 on Sat, Feb 11, 2017, at 6:57 AM
  • Murphdog it started getting packed by JV game and semo I think the first one got ejected for doing something or saying something to a ref and the other group well I really don't know much just know a Cape player had a bad leg cramp or something so he got off the floor way on the other end our athletic medical guy was trying to help him he told him to go away which made some fans not happy the players family came over there and then after that I couldn't really tell u what happened just seen a lot of people taken out. Almost reminded me of playing Charleston back a few years.

-- Posted by TFA on Sat, Feb 11, 2017, at 7:47 AM
  • This is what happens when you have officials assigned by outside parties who have no interest in having good officials at BIG games. Jerry Dement had worked in both schools, another ref was someone I had never seen.

The problem with the Cape player, who had a bad cramp, no Cape coach was off the bench to help him and the Sikeston trainer went to help and was yelled at by the player and still no one from the Cape staff trying to calm the situation down. His folks showed up and made things worse and were ejected from the field house.

-- Posted by SHS59 on Sat, Feb 11, 2017, at 8:03 AM
  • Odd!

-- Posted by semo7178 on Sat, Feb 11, 2017, at 8:41 AM
  • The Cape fans who acted childish and were ejected totally embarrassed themselves and their program. And their coaches. Did. Nothing. I have a feeling Church egged on the issue because he was stalling for extra rest for his team. He and his assistants offered no help for the cramping player, choosing instead to treat it as a timeout. What a disgrace, sad.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Sat, Feb 11, 2017, at 9:15 AM
  • In defense of the family and the young boy that got thrown out because of the player someone said some things to them in our crowd. I was too far up to hear but they responded to whatever was said.

-- Posted by TFA on Sat, Feb 11, 2017, at 9:54 AM
  • Mainly meant the fans who got tossed before the cramping incident. Kinda sad whenya gotta place a police line in front of the visiting fan section, wow.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Sat, Feb 11, 2017, at 10:24 AM
  • Oh ok I didn't see what happened there just seen a guy being walked out. Then at the end of the night when they had the fans on one side going out one door and the ones on the Sikeston side going out the other door I thought oh great I get to go out with Cape. Lol!! Of course nothing happened.

-- Posted by TFA on Sat, Feb 11, 2017, at 10:30 AM
  • Sure Cape played a great game but if The Dawgs would have hit free throws then we win by 10+. When you go 16-32 you usually lose close games. If we want to go deep into playoffs going to have to hit them.

-- Posted by Brutus Beefcake on Sat, Feb 11, 2017, at 3:28 PM
  • I had heard Cape coach had been very ill and could barely walk and that's why he didn't go get his player.

Should have not even coached but didn't want to miss "this" game.

-- Posted by rodanderson999@gmail.com on Wed, Feb 15, 2017, at 4:46 PM
  • Really? I didn't notice that they only had 1 coach over there and no other coaches over there.

-- Posted by TFA on Wed, Feb 15, 2017, at 6:25 PM
  • Oh they had plenty of coaches lol. They just chose to use that time as a free time out basically. Luckily the ,Sikeston trainer offered help. Although I wouldnt blame him if it were to happen again if he just sat and watched.

-- Posted by barkleyfan on Wed, Feb 15, 2017, at 8:07 PM
  • My comment was definitely sarcasm!! Lol!!

-- Posted by TFA on Wed, Feb 15, 2017, at 8:49 PM

"I can barely walk, I couldn't go get him" could this perhaps be from a coach who consistently jumped around yelling for timeouts, and chasing the referees to half court? Or who pretty consistently made a conscious effort to walk to an official to bend his ear?

If this statement is true...there seems to less concern for the player....ouch.

Well, I would have to say I hope this statement isn't true and is just heresay.

-- Posted by bulldog21forever on Fri, Feb 17, 2017, at 12:44 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: