Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: Score from Big Springs correct?

Posted by 3Rfan on Tue, Jan 24, 2017, at 9:55 PM:

I just saw the score on this site for #8 Summersville vs #1 Ellington. It says Summerville won 85-24.

Replies (16)

• Flip it 3r ellington won haha must of been typo

-- Posted by JustAnotherDay on Tue, Jan 24, 2017, at 10:17 PM
  • I see that score has been corrected. Made me wonder if the whole team got the flu at the same time.

-- Posted by 3Rfan on Tue, Jan 24, 2017, at 10:48 PM
  • Ellington Big

Bunker over Alton

Winona Big over Couch

Eminence Big over Van Buren

Semi's Thursday

Bunker vs Ellington

Eminence vs Winona

-- Posted by Redwings on Wed, Jan 25, 2017, at 8:59 AM
  • It will be interesting to see if Ellington is going to make a statement this go around against Bunker (only beat Bunker by 1 last week). I saw that Eminence beat Winona last week at MT. View tourney by 20, like to see that matchup replayed as well.

-- Posted by zebra.stripe on Wed, Jan 25, 2017, at 9:13 AM
  • Bunker plays hard and are well coached. I wouldn't be shocked if the Eagles show up to get a "W" tonight against the #8 Class 2 team in the state. I would agree that Ellington needs to make a statement on their home floor if they have any intentions of making a run.

Winona and Eminence should be a good game to watch as well.

Two good weeks of Basketball over in Ellington the past couple of weeks. Anyone familiar with these conferences have a clue why they don't combine them or at least the tournaments?

-- Posted by ReyCOCoach on Thu, Jan 26, 2017, at 11:20 AM

SEMOsportsFAN,I don't really know maybe someone with in the conferences might let us know but if i was guessing i would say to many teams and to many miles from couch to viburnum wow!

-- Posted by porchswing on Thu, Jan 26, 2017, at 11:49 AM
  • Couldn't split it into divisions, North and South? Maybe I would just like to see the match ups in a tournament like that!

-- Posted by ReyCOCoach on Thu, Jan 26, 2017, at 12:11 PM
  • The BRL finally got back to 8 this year. I would love to see these 2 conferences combine for a big conference. Split the North/South then rank them according to that for the tourney. Would be great for basketball and volleyball. Can you think what a volleyball conference they would have with Eminence, Winona and Lesterville.

Basketball would be great for both boys and girls. This is a great idea and I think you should ask the new Governor if he would accept this.

-- Posted by SEMOvbfan on Thu, Jan 26, 2017, at 12:53 PM
  • I believe that it has been talked about and turned down for many of years. I would speculate that certain teams do not want to play other schools that they may face down the road in districts in a conference final. that is just my guess. Like i said, it has been discussed to my knowledge, but not enough people will buy into it.

-- Posted by zebra.stripe on Thu, Jan 26, 2017, at 2:08 PM
  • Sounds like ellington took care of business anyone at that game to tell me what happened?

-- Posted by JustAnotherDay on Sun, Jan 29, 2017, at 9:52 AM

JustAnotherDay,I think that was a good way to put it Ellington took care of business i watched the game and never really ever thought they were in any jeopardy of losing the game took control early and every time Winona would make a run Ellington would turn it up and pull away Imo Ellington really was never challenged in this tournament!

-- Posted by porchswing on Sun, Jan 29, 2017, at 12:04 PM
  • Winona got in foul trouble early with their big kid. It was downhill from there. 12-2 to start the game. Ellington played well, blocking shots, rebounding, steals and etc. Give credit to Ellington on a great game plan.

-- Posted by country-dude on Sun, Jan 29, 2017, at 12:11 PM

I agree Country-dude the foul trouble on their big boy didn't help their chances at all!

-- Posted by porchswing on Sun, Jan 29, 2017, at 12:20 PM
  • Who was the player of this tourney and I meant to ask who was the player of the BRL tourney but was it just between the sharp and morrisey kid?

-- Posted by JustAnotherDay on Sun, Jan 29, 2017, at 6:10 PM

JustAnotherDay,Imo the players who had the best tournament in the BSC was Winonas point guard and in BRL was South Irons big man maybe not the two best players overall but they had the best tournaments!

-- Posted by porchswing on Sun, Jan 29, 2017, at 7:17 PM
  • Cornell play better in the finals, but Marshon did what he wanted for the most part. He was better than Sharp in BSC also. Simpson kid from Winona was averaging 7PPG, when he went off for 44 against Eminence. Who saw that a coming?? It's High School Basketball..

-- Posted by country-dude on Mon, Jan 30, 2017, at 9:39 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: