Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: Top girls teams for 2016-2017

Posted by Wildcat23 on Fri, Nov 4, 2016, at 2:17 PM:

Just wondering if their are any sleepers this year in southeast Missouri?? I figure the usual teams will be good: Jackson, Sikeston, saxony, dexter, neelyville, naylor, twin rivers, and Oran??

Replies (21)

Wildcat23,I really think you have mentioned some teams that are going to be good.I would throw in a few maybe that are your term sleepers.Malden,Arcadia Valley,South Iron and St.Gen! And i really like Oran"s group!I am sure there are some more i hope some others would give their opinion.

-- Posted by porchswing on Fri, Nov 4, 2016, at 4:11 PM
  • I really like the Malden coach, she gets the most out of those kids!! Good choice! Haven't seen south iron or st gen play in a while!

-- Posted by Wildcat23 on Fri, Nov 4, 2016, at 5:40 PM
  • I think class 4 is Dexters to lose. Anyone feel different?

-- Posted by cardinalnation on Sat, Nov 5, 2016, at 4:44 PM
  • Cardinalnation, dexter will have to stay healthy and get the garrison kid back before playoff time! Plus, they will eventually have to beat either incarnate or micds! I still think Sikeston and notre dame is a tough out in their district!

-- Posted by Wildcat23 on Wed, Nov 9, 2016, at 10:52 AM
  • I didn't know the Garrison girl was hurt. Didn't she just finish v-ball season? IWA is on their schedule in the Charleston shootout, so that will be a good early idea of what they have.

-- Posted by cardinalnation on Wed, Nov 9, 2016, at 6:55 PM
  • Yes, Garrison just had shoulder surgery. Played the volleyball season with a torn labrum and rotator cuff!! Pretty tough kid, plus got first team all State, lol. I saw the incarnate game, that will tell a bunch!!

-- Posted by Wildcat23 on Thu, Nov 10, 2016, at 9:45 AM
  • Garrison is a great athlete, hope she's able to recover quickly and play some hoops. Let us know how she's comn along, Dexter fans, thanks!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Thu, Nov 10, 2016, at 11:40 AM
  • Who does Dexter having coming back? Is Thurman a senior? I don't remember much about them from last year.

-- Posted by cardinalnation on Thu, Nov 10, 2016, at 12:12 PM
  • Everyone is back except for Mckuin and reynolds. Thurmon and Garrison are juniors but Thurmon coming back from ACL last year and garrison out till Jan or feb. they will still have the Moseby guard, and both Allen girls. Sitze daughter will probably have to take Reynolds spot.

-- Posted by Wildcat23 on Thu, Nov 10, 2016, at 12:53 PM
  • Saxony will surprise this year. Young group but many of these girls would have played varsity on most teams last year. Beware of the Crusaders.

-- Posted by Wooo wooo wooooo! on Mon, Nov 14, 2016, at 5:28 PM

Go Saxony!

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Tue, Nov 15, 2016, at 7:02 AM
  • Well duh....most of those girls were on their way to be starters in other schools before they were recruited in.

-- Posted by Clever User Name on Wed, Nov 16, 2016, at 4:37 PM
  • Almost all of the Saxony varsity players went to Lutheran elementary schools. What "other" school were they supposed to go to? Going to a school that fosters their faith in Christ is paramount to their families. Let's celebrate their achievements instead of making snide comments.

-- Posted by swimmerz1 on Tue, Nov 22, 2016, at 9:35 PM

Clever isn't so clever at all because he doesn't have a clue! On another note; Congrats to Saxony girls! Beating Sikeston by 40 tonight and Saxony has 0 seniors on the roster! These girls have big shoes to fill but I don't think they are scared!

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Tue, Nov 22, 2016, at 11:03 PM

I'm just going to throw this out there. Cauble from Oran is averaging 42.75 points per game through 4 games so far. That is unreal!

-- Posted by cker23 on Thu, Dec 8, 2016, at 7:10 AM

The Jackie Stiles of Oran! ⛹

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Thu, Dec 8, 2016, at 7:24 AM

It would be nice to see her follow Carrie Shepard to SEMO.

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Thu, Dec 8, 2016, at 7:33 AM
  • I see it was brought up a few days ago on this thread, but who is this Leah Cauble girl and why is she just destroying people??

Has anyone on here seen her play much? What is she doing to be putting up such gaudy numbers? Is she a guard?

Sorry for all the questions, but it's blowing my mind whenever I see her stats and I've never seen her in person (and I doubt I ever will)

Also, too bad NMCC doesn't have their middle school team playing up or maybe they wouldn't have gotten beaten by 87 tonight ;)

-- Posted by semo501 on Tue, Dec 13, 2016, at 12:16 AM

semo501,I have seen her play and boy she is talented i think she can play 1-4 but maybe some oran people can tell us more about her who see her all the time maybe mr. Doby or someone! When this thread started i posted some teams that i liked that i thought might be sleepers this year these are the teams and their records best i can tell

1.Oran 6-0

2.Arcadia Valley 6-0

3.South Iron 7-0

4.St.Gen 5-1

5.Malden 3-2 with one of their losses to Oran!

Imo you could see at least 1 or 2 of these teams going deep in state playoff play in their repected classes!

-- Posted by porchswing on Tue, Dec 13, 2016, at 10:29 AM
  • Dexter has played some tough competition as of late, which will only make them better. Just my opinion, but I still say they have the overall most talent in SEMO. Once these girls iron out a few kinks, they should go far in class 4.

-- Posted by cardinalnation on Tue, Dec 13, 2016, at 2:07 PM
  • Why is Oran so good? Is Leah Cauble just too much to handle or are they stacked at every position?

-- Posted by semobuckets91 on Tue, Dec 13, 2016, at 3:31 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: