Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: Dexter - Cape Central

Posted by mandm96 on Fri, Feb 19, 2010, at 9:25 PM:

Dexter defeats Cape Central by 9. Not for sure of the final.

Replies (11)

• I'm not too surprised with this score.

-- Posted by drawmules on Fri, Feb 19, 2010, at 9:28 PM

Me either, same ole Cape Central. They have nights when they bring their A game and beat great teams (Sikeston,ND,etc.) but then they turn back into the inconsistent team they are known as like tonight.

-- Posted by sbulldog4life on Fri, Feb 19, 2010, at 9:40 PM
  • Kevin Casasola is has an injured ankle and almost certainly did not play tonight, for what it's worth.

-- Posted by Rachel Crader on Fri, Feb 19, 2010, at 9:42 PM
  • I wouldn't say that Capes' loss tonight is to a bad team. Dexter seems to be one of those teams that can surprise ya, depending if they show up. They beat Jackson earlier in the seaon as well by 2.

Referring back to what i said earlier about the night depends on the team that shows up, I hope its that way all around the state, otherwise these teams that represent SEMO in quarterfinals might not win their next match. It would seem this year, most of semo has been up AND down at times.

-- Posted by semolian on Fri, Feb 19, 2010, at 10:09 PM
  • Rachel . . .

Is Kevin Casasola coming back. He is one of my favorite players. I wanted to watch him play one last time next week. Is he out for the season?

-- Posted by drawmules on Fri, Feb 19, 2010, at 10:12 PM
  • Not sure, drawmules. He's going to try to play at districts.

-- Posted by Rachel Crader on Fri, Feb 19, 2010, at 10:29 PM
  • The Class 4 district at Dexter will probably draw a larger crowd next Friday. But The Class 5 district at Poplar Bluff has the potential to be just as exciting. I really want to be at both district championships next week.

-- Posted by drawmules on Fri, Feb 19, 2010, at 10:34 PM

Didn't know CT was without Casasola. I agree with semolian. I don't make predictions anymore because the way SEMO high school basketball has been this season, anyone can win once they step on the court. So I guess it would be appropriate to say SEMO high school basketball is inconsistent with no clear dominant team this year. Hopefully it's because SEMO high school basketball is tough.

-- Posted by sbulldog4life on Fri, Feb 19, 2010, at 10:44 PM
  • sbulldog4life

I'll keep predicting games for now. However, anything can happen in district tournaments. There is a Cinderella story out there somewhere. I guarantee it.

-- Posted by drawmules on Fri, Feb 19, 2010, at 10:48 PM
  • I guess then Sikeston can make the argument now of Holifield being out of their game against Cape.

-- Posted by sportsfanatic on Fri, Feb 19, 2010, at 10:48 PM
  • I hope Kevin Casasola gets to play next week. He is one of my favorite players. I have really enjoyed watching him play this season. Plus I want to have a pizza party if Cape Central wins the district.

Crader . . . When you find out if he can play please post. And Crader I like stuffed crust pizza.

-- Posted by drawmules on Fri, Feb 19, 2010, at 11:58 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: