Semoball

High School Baseball Forum: Most surprising and biggest disappointment in School baseball

Posted by Warrhead on Tue, Jul 23, 2013, at 2:30 AM:

I just want to hear y'all's thoughts. Who was the team y'all was most surprised with and why? And the team that was a big disappointment and why? (High School Baseball only, no summer baseball.)

Replies (8)

• Most Surprising to me had to be Holcomb. Totally caught fire when it matter. Not a disappointing season by any means but shocked at the way Maldens season ended.

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Tue, Jul 23, 2013, at 8:26 AM
  • I think New Madrid County Central got hot at the right time and surprised a lot of people, including me.

-- Posted by B17Pilot on Tue, Jul 23, 2013, at 10:26 PM
  • Holcomb had the arms the whole way. They were the only class 2 team in the area with two legit arms, and thats what it takes come playoff time, which is why they made it. I'd definitely say New Madrid was the more surprising run, with the previously referenced defeat of Malden as the most shocking game.

-- Posted by Rocky09 on Wed, Jul 24, 2013, at 10:39 PM
  • a lot of class 2 teams had 2 quality pitchers. Bloomfield 2 all state, Chaffee, East Carter, Neelyville, Valle 3 stud pitchers, Bernie

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Thu, Jul 25, 2013, at 12:48 AM
  • Biggest disappointment had to be Sikeston! With the amount of quality pitchers they had, they should have AT LEAST won their district!

-- Posted by Brownbomber on Thu, Jul 25, 2013, at 12:53 AM
  • There's no shame in losing to Notre Dame but Sikeston was LOADED! Tigart, Still, Sheehy, Sandlin, Harper, Anderson, O'Brien, and I'm sure I'm missing a ton more.. they could have realistically played 5 games a week and it would have been and upset every time they lost.

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Thu, Jul 25, 2013, at 8:22 AM
  • Well obviously the ones you are referring to from East Carter and Chaffee were not as high of quality just judging by the results. Neelyville's weakness the entire season was pitching, as they rode a great lineup. Bernie did not have one pitcher as strong as Holcomb's two. Chaffee might have had the best overall pitcher, and he eliminated Valle but couldn't throw both playoff games. And I can't speak for Bloomfield as they did not make it out of district play. So I'll rephrase that Holcomb had the BEST 1-2 punch then.

-- Posted by Rocky09 on Thu, Jul 25, 2013, at 1:06 PM
  • Maybe not such a suprise, but how about the oran eagles and Mitch Wood finally getting that elusive state title?

-- Posted by BLARNEY CARNEY on Thu, Jul 25, 2013, at 3:11 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: