3. Summit Christian Academy

4. Linn

5. Chaffee

6. Purdy

7. Valle Catholic

8. Conway

9. Marion C. Early (Morrisville)

10. Russellville

Others receiving votes: Elsberry, Scotland County, Clearwater, Schuyler County, West Platte

Replies (15)

• It's good to see Chaffee in top 5. Come district time, could it help them get the 1 seed over Valle?

-- Posted by baseballer on Thu, Apr 26, 2012, at 7:58 AM
  • After yesterdays abysmal offensive performance minus a couple players we have a lot to improve on.. the main one maybe a better focus for 7 full innings..

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Thu, Apr 26, 2012, at 8:39 AM
  • Chaffee is an Old Scott City Rivalry that goes back 50 to 60 years.

With this being said, I am rooting for Chaffee over Valle Catholic in their district.

Go Red Devils!

-- Posted by UFO on Thu, Apr 26, 2012, at 8:46 AM
  • But its nice to be able to win against a good team even when you don't play well. That is the nice thing about Chaffee. They've had a couple of rough games this year but won all but 1 of them. Continuing the focus will be the key from here out. As long as we win out last game of the year I'll be happy. That means we're either state champs or got 3rd place. Good luck to all the area teams!

-- Posted by deadred on Thu, Apr 26, 2012, at 9:01 AM
  • Sportsnerd: Good point, playing a whole game and being focused all 7 innings is key!.

-- Posted by baseballer on Thu, Apr 26, 2012, at 9:34 AM
  • Prep baseball report has clever 1 crystal city 2 chaffee 3.. with clever 6th overall in the state, crystal 15th and chaffee 17th

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Thu, Apr 26, 2012, at 10:07 AM
  • Sportsnerd: Good point, playing a whole game and being focused all 7 innings is key!.

-- Posted by baseballer on Thu, Apr 26, 2012, at 11:30 AM
  • Sportsnerd,

Not trying to bust your bubble any, but do you really think there are ONLY 16 teams in All of Missouri that are better than Chaffee?

There are at least four or 5 as good or better in Southeast Missouri. 1) Notre Dame 2) Kennett 3) Sikeston 4) Dexter 5) Poplar Bluff 6) Perryville.

This doesn't even include all of the Huge Public and Private schools in St. Louis and Kansas City.

Attempting to Rank all Classes is an exercise in Futility. Especially in Baseball.

-- Posted by UFO on Fri, Apr 27, 2012, at 2:26 AM
  • Agreed UFO. From the St. Louis area alone here are 20 teams that in my opinion are better overall than Chaffee, Crystal, or Clever for that matter:

Francis Howell, Vianney, Francis Howell Central, Timberland, CBC, SLUH, DeSmet, Parkway South, Eureka, Lafayette, Oakville, Holt, Westminster, Lutheran South, St. Dominic, Lindbergh, Ft. Zumwalt West, Francis Howell North, etc etc etc etc etc

-- Posted by MU_Tigers on Fri, Apr 27, 2012, at 7:15 AM
  • I agree with you. Its just nice for the kids to be recognized or the hardwork they put in

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Fri, Apr 27, 2012, at 7:21 AM
  • Chaffee has a very strong team this year and in my opinion are one of the Top 5 Class 2 teams in the State.

That says a lot.

-- Posted by UFO on Fri, Apr 27, 2012, at 7:34 AM
  • Twin Rivers is starting to get their crap together and will be a tough team to beat in the long run.

-- Posted by subliminaltacos on Fri, Apr 27, 2012, at 11:25 AM
  • I like Crystal City to represent the southeast Missouri region in the Class 2 final four.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Sat, Apr 28, 2012, at 12:42 AM
  • I am sure Crystal City has a strong team. The entire Festus region is traditionally strong.

However, I do not consider Crystal City Southeast Missouri. Therefore, Go Chaffee!

-- Posted by UFO on Sun, Apr 29, 2012, at 9:04 PM
  • Dustin, you admitted a few weeks ago that Chaffee was out of your coverage area so I'm assuming you are basing your opinion on what you've read or past history. I'd have to say that I've seen every Chaffee game this year and this team has a really good chance at winning districts and beating a tough Crystal City team. After watching them battle against a tough lefy and get 6 hits and some really good swings, I'm confident they can score enough runs off any team they play to win. And the pitching/defense just doesn't give up too many runs of their own so, the other team has to score too. Chaffee has not given up more than 2 runs in any game this year and in 21 games, I'd say the defense (starters that is) have made less than 15 errors total. We have gone over half the games without an error so they don't give up many runs. So, although anything can happen becuase it is HS baseball, I'm confident that if we play the way we've played all year, we can represent the SEMO area in Springfield this year.

-- Posted by deadred on Mon, Apr 30, 2012, at 8:10 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: