Semoball

High School Baseball Forum: Clearwater vs Twin Rivers, who wins?

Posted by tooldogging on Thu, May 12, 2011, at 10:11 AM:

Replies (12)

• twin rivers wins 4-2

-- Posted by Hershisers and Old Fashioned's on Thu, May 12, 2011, at 10:17 AM
  • If Morris pitches then I'll take Clearwater. If not, then I'll take Twin Rivers.

-- Posted by deadred on Thu, May 12, 2011, at 10:18 AM
  • Twin Rivers is really starting to hit their stride. I don't know who C.W. is throwing but I don't think it's going to matter. TR has something to prove as far as the showing at Conf. championship game from the fall. They split this fall and I think they will prevail today.

-- Posted by navinjohnson on Thu, May 12, 2011, at 11:11 AM
  • Twin rivers did 2 aspects of the game well when i saw. Pitching and defense. Their offense looked rough but, it was their first game in over a week with no practice before hand because of the flood. I'll take Twin Rivers.

-- Posted by LeeSummitBooster on Thu, May 12, 2011, at 11:14 AM
  • Clearwater is coming off wins over Greenville and Kelly and they are hitting the ball well. If Morris throws, Clearwater will win.

-- Posted by tooldogging on Thu, May 12, 2011, at 11:27 AM
  • TR has beaten Morris twice. It's not going to matter who throws.

-- Posted by navinjohnson on Thu, May 12, 2011, at 12:21 PM
  • Acutally Morris did lose against Twin Rivers- *once that was in the Fall (Regular season). He beat them in the OFC Tourn, pitching a shutout 6-0. So twice is not accuarate. But you are correct that whoever throws for Clearwater will have a tough time with Twin Rivers offense. Win or lose, this is a great game for both teams, heading into districts.

-- Posted by hardball on Thu, May 12, 2011, at 12:29 PM
  • TR beat him in the fall of 2009 I believe. TR played them at home in beat them in extras.

-- Posted by navinjohnson on Thu, May 12, 2011, at 12:34 PM
  • Ohhhh you're going back to LAST year. Well then, during that game (last year), When Morris left the game Clearwater was winning- Clearwater's lefty came in the last 2 innings gave up 2 runs and Twin Rivers won the game in extras. I'm not really sure the '09/'10 is relevant for this year.......

-- Posted by hardball on Thu, May 12, 2011, at 12:41 PM
  • Sorry that must be a touchy subject, but you are right, the lefty came in late and gave up the game winning hit. The past can be relavant in some conversations, such as this one when 7 of the starters from that team played in that game. There is an old Klingon proverb that staes "Those who ignore the past are destined to repeat it."

-- Posted by navinjohnson on Thu, May 12, 2011, at 12:51 PM
  • I do expect a well played game from both teams today as they both are tuning up for the post-season run. The outcome of this game is not as big a deal as the next time they could potentially face each other which would be sectionals.

-- Posted by navinjohnson on Thu, May 12, 2011, at 12:54 PM
  • I'll predict Clearwater in low scoring affair

-- Posted by GreatFun on Thu, May 12, 2011, at 1:45 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: