Semoball

High School Baseball Forum: Notre Dame-4 (vs) Sikeston-8

Posted by Haterade on Thu, Apr 28, 2011, at 7:02 PM:

Just wanted to let everyone know that Sikeston won 8-4... just in case mobaseball07 doesn't let you all know!

Replies (53)

Right on.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Thu, Apr 28, 2011, at 7:06 PM
  • Do what? Sikeston has been red hot or just plain flat. Are they young?

-- Posted by mule1993 on Thu, Apr 28, 2011, at 8:53 PM
  • Who pitched for both teams?

-- Posted by deadred on Thu, Apr 28, 2011, at 9:07 PM

Listened to part of the game on the radio. They played with wood bats. I believe it was Alex Beussink that went the first 5, then Carmen came in. McMillan for Sikeston. Game meant alot more to Sikeston than Notre Dame, IMHO.

-- Posted by Larry Doby on Thu, Apr 28, 2011, at 9:11 PM
  • Sikeston has 4 seniors I think.. 3 usually start with one DH'in.. And Trent McMillian pitched for sikeston.. There were a couple of ND pitchers

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Thu, Apr 28, 2011, at 9:12 PM
  • Sikeston vs. ND in any sport means a lot.. So if it didn't mean anything to them then they must not believe in pride.. Who wants to get molliwhopped by their rival at home? Smh

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Thu, Apr 28, 2011, at 9:14 PM

Didn't say it didn't mean anything, I said it meant more to Sikeston. They have their pitching set up for this weekend. Also, they had already won the confernce game. Don't have a dog (pardon the pun) in this fight, just gave my opionion.

-- Posted by Larry Doby on Thu, Apr 28, 2011, at 9:19 PM

No comments by mobaseball?

-- Posted by sherlockholmes on Thu, Apr 28, 2011, at 11:12 PM

I think he missed the end result. Heard he got tossed for comments towards the umpire.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Thu, Apr 28, 2011, at 11:21 PM

That's what I hear. Evidently him and the umpire had words more than once. Very professional...

-- Posted by sherlockholmes on Thu, Apr 28, 2011, at 11:53 PM
  • Larry Doby is right on this one. The rivalry means something to both teams it just means more to sikeston. Don't get me wrong ND cares about the rivalry it's just that that rivalry will always come second to Jackson. Plus I think it being baseball has something to do with it, you don't usually see student sections or hear chanting going back and fourth between the crowds at a baseball game like you do at a basketball or soccer game.

-- Posted by reynolds on Fri, Apr 29, 2011, at 12:39 AM
  • So they've lost to both of their rivals? Could they be getting worse as the year goes on? Your taking a lot away from sikeston.. Trent pitched a great game and his defense backed him up very well..

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Fri, Apr 29, 2011, at 7:27 AM

Nobody is taking anything away from Sikeston.

Two words to illustrate the point I was trying to make: Kennett/Malden

-- Posted by Larry Doby on Fri, Apr 29, 2011, at 7:39 AM
  • ND was the one that called and wanted to reschedule the game. I would have thought the game meant the same to both teams. It's a high school baseball game between two rivals. At least that's the way I'd feel about it. I can't speak for how ND's players view each game. Maybe all of Sikeston's opponents will take them lightly. That would be fine with me.

-- Posted by semohoops on Fri, Apr 29, 2011, at 9:22 AM
  • Larry is right. It's not that ND took Sikeston lightly it's just that with limited pitching, ND chose to save their top pitchers for the conference tourney. Same thing Kennett did. Both paid the price with a loss. Regardless, it is a great win for Sikeston. I'm not saying Sikeston would not have won if ND would have thrown thier ace either.

-- Posted by deadred on Fri, Apr 29, 2011, at 9:27 AM
  • I'd say Notre Dame wanted to make the game up just so they could see a live pitch since they hadn't seen one in 7 days, before the tournament started. Notre Dame and Chaffee about played yesterday instead of Notre Dame and Sikeston but Chaffee already had a make up game on the schedule.

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Fri, Apr 29, 2011, at 9:43 AM
  • But that's baseball, if you can't win without your ace on the mound then I guess it's not really a team..

And it's not like ND has a kennet the first game of the tournament..

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Fri, Apr 29, 2011, at 10:54 AM
  • Gadget I see what you're saying and you make a lot of good points but what I'm trying to say is that the rivalry is different. And if I took anything away from Trent I apologize, I didn't mean to, I'm sure he pitched great. But coming from someone who knows, ND just cannot stand Jackson, we hate them, like when we play them it seriously gets ugly, for instance, a couple years ago off of what I would have called a dirty play Nick Wren broke his arm and had a bone sticking out of his arm, this past season there were several fights that almost broke out in the games. I'm not trying to take away from sikeston, they ALWAYS go hard against ND. It's just that it hasn't meant as much to ND because Sikeston hasn't had the success like them. Maybe that will change since sikeston won state in basketball this past year, maybe it will pass jackson 10 times over, I don't know. But generally speaking ND fans believe that sikeston hates ND so much because of their success. I'm not trying to sound stuck up and I'm not saying that's it. In fact, I'd like to know, maybe you could help me out on that one. But that's just how the rivalries are, from an ND viewpoint. Good luck to Sikeston and Jackson, I hope they both do great for the rest of the season.

-- Posted by reynolds on Fri, Apr 29, 2011, at 2:59 PM
  • The real reason people hate ND is pretty broad.. In general ND students think they are better than everyone and generally whine about every call that doesn't go their way.. Also the "recruiting" doesn't help them either..

Sikeston vs ND in any sport should be competitive, even in wrestlin this past year ND wanted to beat sikeston, in soccer ND has ran the table, but the games with siketon are always intensified because it's sikeston vs ND.. And everyone knows how basketball is..

I guess we both misunderstood each other, sikeston played better as a whole I think and ND didn't really hit the ball like they did the first time, but either way sikeston got the W..

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Fri, Apr 29, 2011, at 3:38 PM
  • Gotta love those Sikeston fans. "Look at us look at us! We're the best at everything!"

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Fri, Apr 29, 2011, at 5:04 PM

Don't lump fans into one stereotype, farm. You know better than that.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Fri, Apr 29, 2011, at 5:38 PM
  • I guess. Never seen a school with such a chip on their shoulder though.

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Fri, Apr 29, 2011, at 5:42 PM
  • God take some sarcasm farmboy, we know whose not gettin any around here!

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Fri, Apr 29, 2011, at 8:09 PM

Hey Farm... You don't have to post! I am posting this in response to mobaseball07 who ALWAYS post when ND wins and says he is posting all this information so the fans know what ND did in there game. For some reason he doesn't post any of the loses so I was just throwing some sarcasm his way. So lighten up Farmboy and know that you always have two teams to cheer on... If SCC is the better team that season you can jump on the wagon... if ND is the better team you can jump on that one! I am all Sikeston Bulldogs and there was nothing I posted that said "Look at us look at us! We're the best at everything!"

Let me know if you would like some cheese with that "WHINE"

-- Posted by Haterade on Fri, Apr 29, 2011, at 10:21 PM
  • Someone said a certain ND coach was at Cape - Sikeston game in his uniform. Did anyone inform MSHSAA of that, he is not to be in uniform or any contact with players after being ejected from a game. Rules are rules.

-- Posted by tlks2much on Fri, Apr 29, 2011, at 10:21 PM
  • Yes he was at the cape sikeston game in uniform speaking with a sikeston parent.

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Sat, Apr 30, 2011, at 12:56 AM
  • Staight out of MSHSAA:

R. EJECTION OF COACH OR PLAYER: A player who is ejected from a contest for unsportsmanlike conduct

shall at a minimum be prohibited from playing in the next interscholastic contest at the same level. A coach

who is ejected during a contest for unsportsmanlike conduct shall at a minimum be prohibited from coaching

and attending the next interscholastic contest for that team. Listed below is the rule reference for the By-Law

910 ejection procedure: Baseball: Any player or coach ejected from an interscholastic contest under National

Federation Baseball Rule 3-3-1.

-- Posted by tlks2much on Sat, Apr 30, 2011, at 8:42 AM

What does that rule have to do with the situation you brought up!?

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Apr 30, 2011, at 10:54 AM
  • He is able to go to other games as long as it isnt his teams.

-- Posted by Jacksmith9 on Sat, Apr 30, 2011, at 1:15 PM
  • I guess he just dresses up in his uniform and goes to other games? Stupid, I was applying he was at his game and cane to the Cape game!

-- Posted by tlks2much on Sat, Apr 30, 2011, at 1:23 PM

Who are you calling stupid!? Well that's not what you said. Also it's implying buddy.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Apr 30, 2011, at 3:47 PM
  • Gadget, I agree with you on most of those things you said. Like what you said about some students thinking they're better than everyone else. I would say for the most part the students who think they're better or who seem like they're on some pedestal are the ones who are spoiled by they're parents. might I quickly add that is not as many kids as people think. However, I will agree with you on the whining part, I think the reason that happens is because ND is so used to winning that they're not used to this new heightened level of competition over the past few years. Because let's be honest, ND has generally had more success than other schools over the past say 10 years, and I'm talking over ALL sports, not just say basketball or baseball, although Sikeston used to own baseball about 5 years ago. But the thing that I have to disagree on and that I and a lot of ND fans find a little irritating is the "recruiting." Like do people sincerely believe that we recruit? Like if people think ND recruits then they must not have some very good scouts, like who turned did we turn out? Tolbert? No, even as an ND fan even think the kid is overrated. But I do kind of see where people think that happens. However Notre Dame is a regional high school known for giving a student a good education, am I right? I think with those two things is where we get a lot of kids from so many different cities. But I would like to know who all everybody thinks we recruited, I might be able to clear some of them up.

-- Posted by reynolds on Sat, Apr 30, 2011, at 4:22 PM
  • You can get a good education at any local high school if you take classes that challenge you.

People don't think nd has scouts that go out and watch kids but broher david does go to area schools trying to encourage them to come to nd. Its hard to deny this when athletes come out with stories about this after they graduate high school. Yes it is very rare forsomething like this to happen, most of the time the parents just want their child at ND but recruiting has happened. If it happens in public schools why don't you think I private school that can make plenty of excuses for a new kid do the same.

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Sat, Apr 30, 2011, at 4:47 PM
  • You're absolutely right. I can't and won't deny any of those things, although I might want to tell you that it is not brother who goes to the area schools but the students. He will take a current group of students and send them to the grade school from which they graduated to I guess in a way recruit them.

But what I'm trying to say about the education thing is that ND is known for that. Like when you talk to a parent they usually tell you they enrolled their child because of the education. It's kind of hard to explain but ND sort of I guess takes pride in the fact that they give a good education which is sort of projected or broadcasted throughout the SEMO area. But what I want to know is if recruiting happens at public schools, why is it such a big deal if it happens at a parochial school like ND? The schools are all getting a fair shot right?

-- Posted by reynolds on Sat, Apr 30, 2011, at 6:25 PM
  • Because ND can do it and get away with it so much easier than a public school. Im really surprised that we didn't get more stuff about curtis branch this year. As where a public school can only talk to kids within its district a private school can go where ever they want to get kids. I'm still a little bewildered about the Farmer kid from charleston transferring, nobody ever really said why that happened.

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Sun, May 1, 2011, at 12:18 AM
  • Brother David takes the kids to local catholic schools only. Notre Dame recruits students. Not athletes. I would like someone to go to the nd staff and point out who recruits players. They don't have a genius scouting director. Other than the coaches there's not many that really know alot about sports they just support the teamS

-- Posted by BG10 on Sun, May 1, 2011, at 12:24 AM
  • your honestly beyond stupid if you think nd recruits...the kids that go to nd all went to their local catholic grade schools in their individual towns and then moved on to go to the catholic highschool of the area..sorry to burst your bubble but tolbert went to st vincent and cody h went to st augustine grade school...meystedt went to st vincents...i cant think of anybody that switched from public to private that plays sports except for MATT PONDER and yes, the JV soccer team recruited him...

-- Posted by superbub on Sun, May 1, 2011, at 5:45 PM

^Jacob Murphy

-- Posted by Shadow-the-hedgehog on Sun, May 1, 2011, at 6:01 PM
  • Big baller, you really have no idea, recruiting can be for more than sports, ND is a business, they are making money that's why they have billboards and radio commercials, and they also have coaches who have no affiliation with the classroom at ND, the same coaches who teach multiple age groups on the side, so how many kids have been persuaded to keep attending catholic schools or to join one because they want to keep playing with that coach or received a personal phone call from one pretty much saying they want you to attend ND, which I could probably name a handful of students at SHS alone..

Sonic is correct, what about the foreign exchange students who just happen to be great athletes who start varsity for them?

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Sun, May 1, 2011, at 6:10 PM
  • I go to nd and i know what goes on and recruiting isnt something that goes on...Brother David could care less about sports. He is making sure his students get a good education and a good religous experience ..He wants his students to graduate go to college and lead good lives..trust me that is what brother david cares about, not recruiting athletes

-- Posted by superbub on Sun, May 1, 2011, at 6:28 PM
  • id say i have an idea considering ive played 3 sports and know for a fact recruiting doesnt go on

-- Posted by superbub on Sun, May 1, 2011, at 6:29 PM
  • Ok name them. I'm interested who called them too?..

-- Posted by BG10 on Sun, May 1, 2011, at 6:33 PM
  • Sonic, why would Jacob Murphy switch schools to play varsity at ND when he would only be able to play varsity for one year? I don't know but that doesn't make too much sense for an athlete to switch schools knowing he would be dropping from varsity to the jv level for a year. Could just be me but I don't think that's too high on many varsity athletes interests.

-- Posted by reynolds on Sun, May 1, 2011, at 7:23 PM
  • Also the foreign exchange students. The only foreign exchange student I can think of who was a DECENT athlete and not a star was Luciano. Let's not try to say George was a good soccer player either, we all know how bad he was at that.

-- Posted by reynolds on Sun, May 1, 2011, at 7:26 PM
  • George was the reason nd went to state...

-- Posted by superbub on Sun, May 1, 2011, at 7:34 PM

^ just hurt your own argument.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sun, May 1, 2011, at 7:37 PM
  • Jacob went to be coached by his dads high school coach, who was also mine's.. That was his families decision but his sister goes there now too, there were many factors..

And that's all I'll say about that, but Im not going to say any names on here, for one what good would that do? And secondly it'd just start a bunch of nonsense

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Sun, May 1, 2011, at 8:45 PM
  • Yea.. Nonsense. Exactly

-- Posted by BG10 on Sun, May 1, 2011, at 8:49 PM
  • Still doesn't change the fact that it's true

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Sun, May 1, 2011, at 8:52 PM
  • And it would take your accusations and make a legtimate point (not sure that really matters to you). Since you know so much about it could you please say one person from nd that has tried to recruit an athlete?? Kind of odd sikeston people have been talking about nd recruiting for all these years but not any real examples... And don't try the nd baseball team last year, all those guys went to catholic gradeschool except Colton.

-- Posted by BG10 on Sun, May 1, 2011, at 9:02 PM
  • Tolbert didn't start at st. Vincent til 7th or 8th grade. No im not saying he was recruited just stating that.

I've went through catholic schools im not completely ignorant on this. Honestly if someone was recruited why would they admit to it while in school?

Still nobody has given nothing about the Farmer kid from charleston. He played varsity there then transferred for his junior year.

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Sun, May 1, 2011, at 9:28 PM
  • The Farmer kid has a cousin at ND. If you want me to be specific the cousins name is Kyle Delph. There were numerous kids from the Delph family that graduated from ND so the family is heavily affiliated with the school. It's not something random. Might I also add that Kyle and his brothers all played basketball.

-- Posted by reynolds on Sun, May 1, 2011, at 10:04 PM
  • I could give you names! But over the internet isn't the right place to.. There were allegations on missouiwrestling.com earlier this year..

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Sun, May 1, 2011, at 10:50 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: