Semoball

High School Baseball Forum: Pitchers to watch out for this fall

Posted by Oldbaseball on Sun, Aug 15, 2010, at 6:40 PM:

I say Morris from clearwater Anderson from cooter or Dooley from chaffee will probley be the best pitchers

Replies (43)

• According to the Southeast Missourian, Oak Ridge pitcher Brett Thomas has verbally committed to the University of Missouri: http://www.semissourian.com/story/1648707.html

According to SimmonsField.com, Thomas has the following statistics:

2010 Stats:

* Pitching: 7-2, 0.59 ERA, 59-1/3 IP, 92 K, 25 BB

* Offense: .547 Avg, 1.147 SLG%, 40 RBI, 12 HR, 5 K

2009 Stats:

* Pitching: 4-1, 1.91 ERA

* Offense: .411 Avg, 19 RBI, 5 HR

Thomas will be a senior at Oak Ridge this season.

-- Posted by drawmules2 on Sun, Aug 15, 2010, at 7:13 PM
  • Does Oak Ridge play in the fall?

-- Posted by troll on Sun, Aug 15, 2010, at 7:52 PM
  • Fair question. I don't know the answer to the question. I rarely attend Oak Ridge baseball games. I've only seen Thomas pitch once, in the 2010 state regionals against Cooter.

Were you planning on driving up to Oak Ridge to watch Thomas troll?

-- Posted by drawmules2 on Sun, Aug 15, 2010, at 11:55 PM
  • Stockton from Twin Rivers, Woodard from Naylor, Campbell from Campbell. Anyone know if Senath has anyone coming back?

-- Posted by Kidrayray on Mon, Aug 16, 2010, at 8:13 AM
  • Oak Ridge does not play fall baseball.

-- Posted by deadred on Mon, Aug 16, 2010, at 9:41 AM
  • Neither does Chaffee. Wish we did but, we have football instead.

-- Posted by deadred on Mon, Aug 16, 2010, at 9:42 AM
  • Woods for Bernie will be good. Bernie's first game is monday the 23rd.

-- Posted by BBfanatic on Mon, Aug 16, 2010, at 2:27 PM
  • who is bernie playing and where is the game?

-- Posted by Kidrayray on Mon, Aug 16, 2010, at 3:24 PM
  • Kidrayray:

S. Pem at S. Pem. then they play naylor tuesday at Bernie, then Senath at Bernie thursday. Then they have a wood bat tounament at Bernie Saturday.

-- Posted by BBfanatic on Mon, Aug 16, 2010, at 4:41 PM
  • Here is a link to the Bernie baseball schedule for the fall: http://www.bernie.k12.mo.us/teachers/karnesm/baseball.htm

-- Posted by drawmules2 on Mon, Aug 16, 2010, at 4:56 PM
  • Jordan Anderson and Zach Watkins will throw a lot of innings for Cooter with Brandon Bridges, Tyler Thornton, and Pierce Watkins throwing some j.v.

Anderson and Watkins are in the 80's and have good movement.

Senath-Hornersville will be very strong. They had 4 players this summer with Paragould's Legion team,Zach King throws in the mid-upper 80's,if he can throw strikes, he will be difficult to beat.

Clearwater will have Logan Morris, Twin Rivers will have Garrett Stockton and Seth McBroom. Word is that McBroom made considerable progress this summer.

South Pem. will be well balanced with Jordan Carter, Ryan Nolan, and Hunter Williams getting a lot of innings.

Neelyville will also be strong, they didn't perform as everyone thought this summer but Coach Dobbins will have'em ready. Sheldon Edmunson throws it pretty well and will probably be their go to guy.

Should be interesting as most of the fall teams have decent pitching. I would think that Twin Rivers and Senath will set the bar pretty high.

-- Posted by mac baseball on Mon, Aug 16, 2010, at 8:39 PM
  • mac baseball

Is Neelyville going to be Class 1 in baseball this year? If this is the case . . . they should be a strong Class 1 team.

-- Posted by drawmules2 on Mon, Aug 16, 2010, at 8:42 PM
  • mac baseball

Sheldon Edmundson (Neelyville) has graduated, he will be playing baseball at Williams Baptist this fall.

-- Posted by baseballfan2010 on Mon, Aug 16, 2010, at 9:24 PM
  • mac baseball- shoot me an email at mminner@charleston.k12.mo.us

-- Posted by minn13 on Mon, Aug 16, 2010, at 9:54 PM
  • Neelyville graduated 5 boys I think. They will be pretty good but not as good as the past few years. I think aside from TR the OFC will be pretty balanced. Some very good pitchers in that conference.

-- Posted by truebaseballfan on Tue, Aug 17, 2010, at 9:22 PM
  • mac baseball

Seth McBroom graduated a few years ago Cole McBroom is the one still in high school and yes he did make progress this summer.

-- Posted by OFC on Wed, Aug 18, 2010, at 10:00 PM
  • Well even though Seth graduated his pitching did progress this summer.

-- Posted by thesmartestpersonyoudon'tknow on Thu, Aug 19, 2010, at 9:00 AM
  • Isn't Seth McBroom coaching basketball at Clarkton? or maybe Holcomb, I can't remember.

-- Posted by semobaseballfan on Thu, Aug 19, 2010, at 6:49 PM
  • semobaseballfan

McBroom coaches at Holcomb.

-- Posted by drawmules2 on Thu, Aug 19, 2010, at 7:30 PM
  • Baseball starts tommorow and I can't wait. Bernie vs S. Pem.

-- Posted by BBfanatic on Sun, Aug 22, 2010, at 7:05 PM
  • BBfanatic

Who do you think Bernie's ace will be now that Stevens has graduated?

-- Posted by baseballfan2010 on Sun, Aug 22, 2010, at 8:25 PM
  • baseballfan2010:

It is hard to say until we get going but right now I would say that Keasler will be and then prolly Woods followed up with Barnett. Shelton broke a bone in his finger in practise and wont play until spring.

-- Posted by BBfanatic on Mon, Aug 23, 2010, at 8:39 AM
  • If I remember correctly. Keasler, although not over-powering, has good stuff and relies on movement and the downward action of his pitches.

-- Posted by baseballfan2010 on Mon, Aug 23, 2010, at 9:30 AM
  • Don't want to leave out Trover as pitcher. he will do pretty good as well. we will probably have 2 or 3 freshman in the starting lineup this year.

-- Posted by BBfanatic on Mon, Aug 23, 2010, at 12:47 PM
  • any tuesday games?

-- Posted by Kidrayray on Mon, Aug 23, 2010, at 8:17 PM
  • Naylor is at Bernie on Tuesday.

-- Posted by truebaseballfan on Tue, Aug 24, 2010, at 7:50 AM
  • Was just looking at the numbers from the tryouts for the mhsbca jr sunbelt team. The Woodard kid from Naylor was clocked at 82. Looks like he might be gaining a little speed.

-- Posted by truebaseballfan on Thu, Sep 16, 2010, at 1:17 PM
  • Groves from Gideon is going to be pretty good.

-- Posted by chelco on Wed, Sep 22, 2010, at 6:24 PM
  • Stockton from Twin Rivers is by far and away the best i have seen this fall.

-- Posted by bleacherking on Fri, Sep 24, 2010, at 12:31 PM
  • Wesley Smith, a Junior from Doniphan made All Conference as a Sophomore. Pitched five innings against #3 seed Greenville Bears yesterday in the OFC Tourney and only allowed 2 runs on (I think) 3 hits.

-- Posted by Wesman100 on Tue, Oct 5, 2010, at 11:39 AM
  • a name not many people have heard from TR is wayne evans a junior is a lefty and pitches well i think come spring he will be a good help to TR ive seen him pitch a few times and was impressed with his performance

-- Posted by missouriman13 on Thu, Oct 7, 2010, at 9:23 AM
  • missouriman13

What kind of stuff does Wayne Evans have? (command, movement, velocity, etc.)

-- Posted by baseballfan2010 on Thu, Oct 7, 2010, at 12:07 PM
  • I agree with the comment about the lefty from TR. answering your question, he has some work to do on his command and throws middle of the road when it comes to velocity but the best thing i could tell that he had going for him was his fastball seemed to be tailing alot. This is just the best i can tell from only a oouple times seeing him pitch.

-- Posted by bleacherking on Thu, Oct 7, 2010, at 3:43 PM
  • Doesnt surprise me that he has good movement coming from the left side.

-- Posted by baseballfan2010 on Thu, Oct 7, 2010, at 4:22 PM
  • Did basebalfan2010 get to see the OFC title game. It appeared Morris was off at first but he picked up and started hitting the spot. Stockton was leaving it on the plate in inning 2 and 3 and they got 6 runs off him almost same game in reverse as the previous matchup. 6-0 CW in bottom of 7th

-- Posted by Eaglejam22 on Thu, Oct 7, 2010, at 5:40 PM
  • No I couldn't make it. Wow I expected a much closer game with stockton and morris going at it for the title.

-- Posted by baseballfan2010 on Thu, Oct 7, 2010, at 5:53 PM
  • Made it to the OFC tourn games today. Morris was really good in the finals. Stockton wasn't bad by any means just didn't look like he had his best stuff. Got to see Woodard pitch for the first time this fall in the 3rd place games. He looked pretty good as well. Three pretty good pitchers in the OFC.

-- Posted by truebaseballfan on Thu, Oct 7, 2010, at 7:25 PM
  • Woodard was great on the mound with good control. With work his team could put pressure on class one in the spring. Clearwater was pretty impressive with with hitting a great pitcher. I am suprised at the little things this team does not do and is still able to win from as little as backing up the pitcher with men on base. Stocktons curve was working great, but for a team to stand and watch the catcher catch the ball and the umpire call him out proves why a pitcher can get 15k's against a team. Ezell was the most impressive hitter today and was keyed in to Garrets pitching. Morris was probaly throwing at top 88-89 also and had contol issue up front. His supporting case is to be desired with I no three errors today but he still was able to pitch a complete game shutout against a team that may go to state in the spring if they can beat Clearwater.I was suprised with his hitting as I have heard better but he did not provide it this game. Great umpires very consistant. Congrat to Twin Rivers to a great fall and a good game to watch. Congrats to Clearwater for retaining their championship in the OFC. You will be on the list to knock off this spring. Work on the fundumentals and and have fun.

-- Posted by Eaglejam22 on Thu, Oct 7, 2010, at 8:09 PM
  • Been waiting for you Eaglejam22 and Daisey1 to post since you share the same opinions. Love how you tip toe around the fact that Coach Mac had them ready to play today. No credit, of coarse not, none is due right. I think the Tigers finished 16-4 and beat a overall more talented Twin Rivers team today. Give the players and the coach credit. You ALWAYS point the finger at him when they lose, what about when they win? Your posts are actually pretty funny though because your baseball wisdom really shows.

-- Posted by clearwaterfan on Thu, Oct 7, 2010, at 8:36 PM
  • wayne evans has a few faults when it comes to control but he has lots of movement and when he stays in control its hard to hit him his fast ball tails and he throws an overhand curve thats all he throws

-- Posted by missouriman13 on Fri, Oct 8, 2010, at 9:16 AM
  • twin rivers throwed a lefty against senath at trcc needs lots of improvement or maybe a bad day brought in a kid that did a good job .that lefty is not no stockton or morris.

-- Posted by exoball on Sat, Oct 9, 2010, at 3:15 PM
  • the lefty at trcc against senath he complained of his shoulder bothering him but yes he does need improvement hes also pitched against campbell holcomb seymore south pem

-- Posted by missouriman13 on Sun, Oct 10, 2010, at 8:11 PM
  • If moman13 is talking about the kid I think he is, he has only pitched in mop-up situations and doesn't warrant mentioning on this board.

-- Posted by navinjohnson on Mon, Oct 11, 2010, at 11:45 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: