Semoball

High School Baseball Forum: top baseball teams in the south

Posted by football hero on Wed, Mar 29, 2023, at 6:21 PM:

Oran, Cooter, Portageville any one else?

Replies (15)

• Forgot Jackson and Kennett sorry

-- Posted by football hero on Wed, Mar 29, 2023, at 6:35 PM

SC EP Chaffee

-- Posted by gregb on Wed, Mar 29, 2023, at 8:53 PM
  • I'm anticipating a quarterfinal matchup between Portageville and Valle in Class 3. Valle is really good if you aren't aware.

-- Posted by grannygg on Thu, Mar 30, 2023, at 3:38 AM
  • Valle was very impressive in the games I saw at Cape this past weekend. Great pitching and hitters up and down the line up.

-- Posted by football hero on Thu, Mar 30, 2023, at 6:08 AM
  • Right now I would rank them as follows

1. Jackson

2. Kennett

3. Portageville

4. Valle

5. Scott City

6-10.. playing catch up with the top 5

-- Posted by Ohweeohahaha on Wed, Apr 5, 2023, at 3:29 PM
  • Ohwee you do realize Valle just beat Portageville on Saturday right? Verdict is still out on Scott City. We'll see.

-- Posted by grannygg on Wed, Apr 5, 2023, at 6:28 PM
  • Small Schools

Not in any order:

Chaffee (9-1)

Scott City

Portageville

Cooter

Saxony

Oran

Kelly

-- Posted by rainex on Fri, Apr 7, 2023, at 8:12 AM
  • Rainex here' my list broke down by Class

Class 1 Oran/Cooter - should be a sectional matchup again but you never know.

Class 2 Greenville/Saxony/Chaffee/Advance/St. Vincent/Meadow Heights

District 3 is a toss up as of now and will depend on pitching matchups come district playoffs.

Class 3 Valle then Portageville and then everybody else.

District 2 looks to be Scott City's to lose but they face off with Kelly later this week which should tell us more. Big game for them today against Oran in a Scott/Miss Conf. showdown. Verdict is still out on Kelly if they can compete in that district.

Woodland/East Prairie/Charleston don't appear to have the horses this year to get it done but you never know until you play the game.

Either way, I don't see any of those teams getting past Portageville in the Sectional round.

-- Posted by grannygg on Mon, Apr 10, 2023, at 7:22 AM
  • As of today for SEMO area teams:

Class 1: #1Cooter seems to be playing better than #2Oran but either one of these teams can make it to the Class 1 Final Four.

Class 2: Greenville is looking strong. Chaffee, Saxony, & South Pem. look good as well.

Class 3: Wow, #1 Valle Catholic and #2 Portageville are really good but donít sleep on Kelly. They play a big boy schedule for Class 3 and have competed going undefeated in the ND Showcase. Scott City will be in the hunt as well.

Class 4: Kennett will be the favorite to come out from this area.

Class 5: Donít sleep on Notre Dame. They could make some noise. They have a lot of young players that are feeling their way through. They just beat Helias Catholic and Kennett so the potential is there.

Class 5: Cape Central is very young but very talented. That Freshman class is loaded with some big time talent.

Class 6: Jackson is the best team in Southeast Missouri and itís not close. Class 6 is brutal though. Their Schedule is an elite schedule and that will help them come playoff time. They have the talent to bring home a Class 6 State Championship.

-- Posted by moverandshaker on Sat, Apr 22, 2023, at 9:39 PM
  • Mistake! I saw where ND is now Class 4 so they could make some noise in Class 4. They did beat Class 4 foe Kennett this year. With that said it would be tough getting past Kennett in the playoffs. Never know though!

-- Posted by moverandshaker on Sat, Apr 22, 2023, at 9:48 PM
  • Valle number 1, they will play anyone anywhere. Great coach and tradition!! I believe they are currently ranked number 1 in class 3 with a 24-4 record. With wins over Camdenton(26-4), Cooter(17-2), Portageville(27-2).

-- Posted by noeltrimmer on Thu, May 4, 2023, at 8:23 AM
  • @noeltrimmer. I'd have to put Valle behind Jackson. Jackson has played a much tougher schedule.

-- Posted by Ohweeohahaha on Thu, May 4, 2023, at 5:45 PM
  • Good match up today Cooter at Portageville, two state ranked teams. Both teams play a really good schedule,should be a lot of excitement. Naz vs. Benthal great pitching,could be a low scoring affair.

-- Posted by football hero on Mon, May 8, 2023, at 8:37 AM
  • @footballhero keeps us posted

-- Posted by Ohweeohahaha on Mon, May 8, 2023, at 11:19 AM
  • Portageville run rules Cooter 11-1. Chaffee comes to town tommorrow expect a tough game.

-- Posted by football hero on Mon, May 8, 2023, at 9:04 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: