Semoball

High School Baseball Forum: Free stuff and talk about your favorite team being awesome!

Posted by Rachel Crader on Tue, May 11, 2010, at 12:06 AM:

Disclaimer: There is no free stuff or talk about your favorite team being awesome in this thread. (But that doesn't mean that the latter is not true.)

Here's the deal, my faithful forum posters: I think you are all wonderful, I think most of you are here for the right reasons (to talk about the sports and teams we love!) and I do not in any way want to discourage you from posting here in the future.

But the negativity must stop. My inbox and voicemail are starting to fill up with delete-comment requests and how-do-you-sleep-at-night-knowing-this-stuff-exists messages. And there have been plenty of legitimate complaints.

As a result, my moderating skills and delete button will be getting some overtime work in the coming weeks. It is important to me that the semoball forums separate themselves from your typical sports forum and that a high level of civility be maintained.

Remember it is not OK to:

(1) Attack a high school athlete's skill set or integrity. Even if you're sure you are right, don't do it. It is perfectly fine to say that you think Player X should have been chosen for All-Whatever team over Player Y because of Fact 1 and Fact 2, but all the discussion of who lives where and whose parents did this and who does this in the dugout needs to stop. And it will.

(2) Call anyone, including and especially, high school coaches a derogatory name. Just stick with the first grade rule: No name-calling!

This is not a comprehensive list, of course, but it's a good start. People seem to think that I like the negativity and super-controversial stuff because it somehow makes the site more popular. I want to stress that this could not be further from the truth.

I have admittedly missed a few comments that should have been deleted over the past few days. There may be a few more out there and there are sure to be more in the future. Please help me keep our amazing, legitimate and interesting forum threads free of petty arguments and discussions by reporting posts you find objectionable.

***Each post has a yellow exclamation point by it. Click on that exclamation point to report a comment. I will read and review all reports.***

Thank you to all of you who have contacted me about content in the forums and thank you to all of you who continue to contribute your thoughtful opinions and valuable information. I hope you haven't been discouraged by this post or any others you've seen in the last few week.

Replies (1)

• I'm bumping this because it is important. :)

-- Posted by Rachel Crader on Tue, May 11, 2010, at 2:17 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: