Semoball

High School Baseball Forum: Best Teams in Southeast Missouri ( Large & Small schools together)

Posted by baseballfan2010 on Sat, Apr 24, 2010, at 3:55 PM:

1. Notre Dame

2. Clearwater

3. Kennett

4. Dexter

5. Bernie

6. Scott City

7. Jackson

8. Twin Rivers

9. Cooter

10. Malden

So far, I have been impressed by Malden so I thought they deserved to break the top 10 "for now". We shall see if they can play the way they are playing consistently for the rest of the year.

I was not sure about what Jackson has this year. I just thought they deserved to be ranked 7th simply because they are a large school which means they play stiffer competition than some of the schools. I also thought they deserved to be ranked 7th because they brought Dexter down to the wire when Dexter threw their best pitcher at them.

Replies (38)

• Sikeston beat Kennett 7-5, Scott City 13-0, and played Dexter scoreless till the 6th. I would have them in the top 6 or so. They have a 10-5 record, not too shabby. I don't think SC should be ahead of Sikeston when they beat then 13-0.

I would also put Cape in the top ten. ND is the top team, for sure.

-- Posted by Bulldogs2010 on Sat, Apr 24, 2010, at 4:23 PM
  • Althought Jackson beat Sikeston, they lost to Kennett, Farmington, and got blown out by SC. Sikeston has wins over all of those teams. Forgot to put that in. I havent seen Malden, how are they?

-- Posted by Bulldogs2010 on Sat, Apr 24, 2010, at 4:25 PM
  • Bulldogs2010

You are right...I forgot about Sikeston. They certainly do deserve to be in the top 10.

-- Posted by baseballfan2010 on Sat, Apr 24, 2010, at 5:05 PM
  • No they don't

-- Posted by SoaringEagle on Sat, Apr 24, 2010, at 5:18 PM
  • If they beat Kennett and Scott City, that is good enough for me. I did not know that they beat these 2 teams.

-- Posted by baseballfan2010 on Sat, Apr 24, 2010, at 6:32 PM
  • Really cool rankings. But Bernie is probably ranked too high. I doubt if Bernie could beat Jackson, Cape Central or Sikeston frequently.

-- Posted by drawmules on Sat, Apr 24, 2010, at 6:39 PM
  • Draw

You are probably right. In the fall, I remember seeing Twin Rivers beat Bernie at Bernie in some type of wood bat tournament. I forgot about that also LOL. I probably should have gave Bernie a 7 or 8 spot.

-- Posted by baseballfan2010 on Sat, Apr 24, 2010, at 6:47 PM
  • Bulldog2010

Malden can hit. They have surprised me so far. I'm not convinced they have enough pitching depth to win their district. But they are very impressive at times even on the mound.

Should someone start a we want a Notre Dame vs. Clearwater game forum thread?

-- Posted by drawmules on Sat, Apr 24, 2010, at 6:53 PM
  • Baseballfan2010

Twin Rivers is probably as legitimate of a contender as Clearwater at times. Very good team.

-- Posted by drawmules on Sat, Apr 24, 2010, at 6:58 PM
  • I'm curious if anyone has a schedule for the SEMO Conference Baseball Tournament that begins this week. I think we will learn a great deal about the large schools in this tournament.

I'm off to the professional sports forums for tonight's big Cardinals game. It begins at 8:05 p.m.

-- Posted by drawmules on Sat, Apr 24, 2010, at 7:07 PM
  • I agree, Twin Rivers and Clearwater are very similar. Everytime they play each other it always seems to be a one run game at the end no matter who each team pitches.

-- Posted by baseballfan2010 on Sat, Apr 24, 2010, at 7:40 PM
  • 1. Notre Dame

2. Kennett

3. Sikeston

4. Dexter

5. Jackson

6. Scott City

7. Clearwater

8. Twin Rivers

9. Bernie

10. Cape Central

-- Posted by baseballsemo on Sun, Apr 25, 2010, at 1:23 PM
  • I'd probably move Clearwater closer to No. 3 and Sikeston closer to No. 7 baseballsemo. Other than that I think your rankings look fairly accurate.

-- Posted by drawmules on Sun, Apr 25, 2010, at 1:33 PM
  • Id say Sikeston around 4, maybe 5.

-- Posted by Bulldogs2010 on Sun, Apr 25, 2010, at 3:13 PM
  • Just wondering why malden got dropped!?

-- Posted by Fonda the best player for Carr on Sun, Apr 25, 2010, at 3:20 PM
  • cape central beat sikeston so i would put them above sikeston.

-- Posted by dukefan30 on Sun, Apr 25, 2010, at 8:08 PM
  • You have to remember with Sikeston they are mostly freshman. Beat Kennett. Sikeston is atleast a top 5 team. Malden wouldn't stand a chance against any of these top 10 teams besides bernie or twin rivers I believe.

-- Posted by baseballsemo on Sun, Apr 25, 2010, at 9:57 PM
  • I believe Sikeston has 4 Srs, 6 Jrs, 2 Sophs, and 1 Fr, since one of their other Fr got injured for the season.

They only start 3 Srs, and are pretty young. But they aren't mostly freshman, for sure. I do, however, agree with baseballsemo. And I don't think Malden would beat any of the top 10 teams.

-- Posted by Bulldogs2010 on Sun, Apr 25, 2010, at 10:23 PM
  • They beat TR earlier this year. TR didn't play well at all. didn't get any timely hits and made a couple of errors they usually don't

-- Posted by semo-dude on Sun, Apr 25, 2010, at 10:32 PM
  • They beat bernie too. Shows what u know.

-- Posted by Fonda the best player for Carr on Sun, Apr 25, 2010, at 11:02 PM
  • Malden is a decent team folks.

-- Posted by drawmules on Sun, Apr 25, 2010, at 11:59 PM
  • Agreed.

-- Posted by baseballfan2010 on Mon, Apr 26, 2010, at 7:34 AM
  • Sikeston has two freshmen that play. They did have three but one of them broke his leg and is out for the year. One of the freshmen, Tyler Anderson, just threw a complete game shutout against Farmington on Friday to win 9-0.

-- Posted by semohoops on Mon, Apr 26, 2010, at 8:15 AM
  • i agree notre damne is at top of list,but if they play kennett again for district championship, kennett will win! don't forget you heard it here first!!!!

-- Posted by long ago on Mon, Apr 26, 2010, at 10:43 AM
  • Tyler Anderson is the only Freshman that starts.Trey Tigart has pitched 2 Innings, other than that, no other FR plays.

-- Posted by Bulldogs2010 on Mon, Apr 26, 2010, at 12:45 PM
  • I think you'll see a lot more playing time out of Tigart.

-- Posted by semohoops on Mon, Apr 26, 2010, at 2:25 PM
  • either way, 3 sr starters is a young team. If they played cape central again they would beat them. I've watched both teams play and sikeston is much better all around. And I keep my word on Malden wouldn't stand a chance. I put twin rivers and bernie up there because they were on other list. So, if they got beat by malden I wouldn't have either of the teams up there.

-- Posted by baseballsemo on Mon, Apr 26, 2010, at 3:23 PM
  • We may see a Cape/Sikeston first or second round game, so we will definently see. I like this team.

-- Posted by Bulldogs2010 on Mon, Apr 26, 2010, at 7:11 PM
  • Poplar Bluff 5-1 over Twin Rivers

-- Posted by Kidrayray on Mon, Apr 26, 2010, at 8:38 PM
  • Bulldogs2010

Do you have a schedule for the SEMO Conference Tournament?

-- Posted by drawmules on Mon, Apr 26, 2010, at 8:38 PM
  • I think they will be out tomorrow, draw. Have to check in at work tomorrow and see if it is up somewhere.

-- Posted by Bulldogs2010 on Mon, Apr 26, 2010, at 10:05 PM
  • Malden has looked very impressive this season the 2 times I watched them.

-- Posted by badams2s on Tue, Apr 27, 2010, at 11:26 AM
  • I won't disagree badams2s. But there are still doybters when it comes down to Malden's chances in districts. Plenty of doybters. And I might be one of them. You have to like Senath, Twin Rivers and South Pemiscot in districts. I really like Twin Rivers chances.

-- Posted by drawmules on Tue, Apr 27, 2010, at 11:34 AM
  • Malden was on the other list too.

-- Posted by Greeneagles on Tue, Apr 27, 2010, at 11:36 AM
  • LOL doybters should be doubters.

-- Posted by drawmules on Tue, Apr 27, 2010, at 12:11 PM
  • Malden's chances in districts don't look too good. Great bats, but very poor fielding if the other team puts the ball in play.

-- Posted by Tell 'em on Tue, Apr 27, 2010, at 1:00 PM
  • Could we say Notre Dame should be ranked number 1 with the large area that it draws from, everyone else has a district guideline of where their players have to come from... Oh and don't give me that crap about the multiplier rule. recruiting is recruiting and everyone knows it.

-- Posted by mustang69 on Tue, Apr 27, 2010, at 2:04 PM
  • mustang69

you might want to get in on our discussion on the "Notre Dame vs. Clearwater" thread LOL.

-- Posted by baseballfan2010 on Tue, Apr 27, 2010, at 6:36 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: