Semoball

High School Baseball Forum: Baseball Academic All-State team

Posted by wjhfarms on Sat, Jun 19, 2021, at 9:47 PM:

Why are there no team members from NMCC baseball team? I think we should have some. Is this a school or Coaches job of not turning them in. Congratulations on teams and individuals who made this group .

Replies (6)

Found this on MHSBCA.NET. Here’s the link to the academic all-state requirement.

Link: https://www.mhsbca.net/page/show/1376056-forms

Here are the requirements listed on the form.

The following requirements must be met:

1. Start in 70% of games, or as a pitcher in the starting rotation.

2. Be in the top 25% of his class or Score of at least 24 on the ACT.

3. A minimum GPA of 3.5% based on a weighted system but must be converted

prior to submission to a 4.0 scale.

4. Nomination form signed by coach and principal.

-- Posted by $ecretagentman on Sun, Jun 20, 2021, at 7:29 PM
  • I’m assuming several players from each area schools would qualify...I mean c’mon... Notre Dame for one... most of their players Im sure are outstanding students ... I’m guessing it’s something most coaches and players not to aware of even submitting for the honor...the list would be a mile long otherwise...

-- Posted by indian73 on Tue, Jun 22, 2021, at 3:39 PM
  • wjhfarms None of our players this year met the requirements to be named to the Academic All State team. Caden Howell was the last player from NMCC to receive this honor. Feel free to contact me at the high school if you have any more questions about our program. Have a blessed day.

-- Posted by CoachJoeMac on Tue, Jun 22, 2021, at 3:55 PM
  • Dang! You mean to tell me a parent got on social media and made an assumption without first getting their facts straight? I don’t believe it. Has to be a mistake.

-- Posted by Lil Uzi on Tue, Jun 22, 2021, at 7:12 PM
  • Yeaaaaaaaahhhh Uzi sounds like someone should focus less on awards and more on making sure the requirements for said awards are met.

-- Posted by Dr. Acula on Wed, Jun 23, 2021, at 5:24 PM
  • Just now seeing the academic Allstate list..looks like schools ARE AWARE (I was wrong about that) of the honor as several players from many schools are listed (as I had guessed). But where are Notre Dame players? They have to have some?

-- Posted by indian73 on Thu, Jun 24, 2021, at 1:34 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: